A lot of us have forgotten MS has Black Tusk Studios

  • 67 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for supercowelitist
#1 Posted by SuperCowElitist (732 posts) -

So, what games have they done? Why are lemmings getting excited for Black Tusk Studio?

Avatar image for senses_fail_06
#2 Posted by senses_fail_06 (7098 posts) -

Working under M$ assures that they have two outlooks on the future -

1) they milk the same franchise every year until they are forced to leave their own studio and leave it on autopilot for the next bunch of idiots who think they want to make games

or

2) they make one game and are killed off

Not sure why you would be hyped either way. M$ doesn't exactly have the same quality control on their first party devs that Sony or Nintendo do. Ex-Cod people working there? Who cares? Might just be an artist, might be a low level guy, probably just the janitor. "difference maker" Pfft.

Avatar image for PSdual_wielder
#3 Edited by PSdual_wielder (10646 posts) -

Because black tusk is new. And just like 343, in title they sound like they're an unproven developer, but in reality they're a team that gets staffed up with a bunch of veterans MS is willing to pay a lot of money to hire.

Avatar image for FinalFighters
#4 Edited by FinalFighters (2782 posts) -

wtf is it just me or are all the posts mixed around? (OP's post is the 3rd post down while supercowElitiest is the first post)

Avatar image for PSdual_wielder
#5 Edited by PSdual_wielder (10646 posts) -

@FinalFighters said:

wtf is it just me or are all the posts mixed around? (OP's post is the 3rd post down while supercowElitiest is the first post)

Same with the SW threads page, older last posts are placed higher than newer ones.

Avatar image for Salt_The_Fries
#6 Edited by Salt_The_Fries (12477 posts) -

I completely forgot about them up till now. They could be a difference makers for MS. They're formerly Microsoft Vancouver and are one of five studios they heavily invested in. They're working on a new triple A franchise that could rival Halo and Gears. They've been working on their first game since at least 2012.

"Digging around in job listings suggests that the

studio has a number of new IPs, and it's

currently recruiting for people to create

"outstanding single-player experiences in a core

AAA game". As we've previously reported, it's

signed up veterans of Crysis, Call of Duty,

Splinter Cell and even Need For Speed, ensuring

that the game has a pedigree even if the studio

doesn't."

Avatar image for NineTailedGoku
#7 Posted by NineTailedGoku (1977 posts) -

An unproven developer IS NOT a trump card.

Avatar image for _Matt_
#8 Posted by _Matt_ (10438 posts) -

@Salt_The_Fries said:

I completely forgot about them up till now. They could be a difference makers for MS. They're formerly Microsoft Vancouver and are one of five studios they heavily invested in. They're working on a new triple A franchise that could rival Halo and Gears. They've been working on their first game since at least 2012.

"Digging around in job listings suggests that the

studio has a number of new IPs, and it's

currently recruiting for people to create

"outstanding single-player experiences in a core

AAA game". As we've previously reported, it's

signed up veterans of Crysis, Call of Duty,

Splinter Cell and even Need For Speed, ensuring

that the game has a pedigree even if the studio

doesn't."

While these "veterans" from other companies could just be junior artists, it could still be interesting to see what this company comes up with.

Avatar image for k2theswiss
#9 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

its a new studio. of course they haven't done nothing, But it suppose be producing a AAA that has same and they claim they want build something bigger then halo....

Avatar image for Sweenix
#10 Posted by Sweenix (5957 posts) -

Every developer was unproven at a time.

So, i'll wait and see.

Avatar image for OneInchMan99
#11 Edited by OneInchMan99 (1248 posts) -

They are a new studio and this will be their first game.

If it does'nt involve shooting lots of guns I'll eat my hat,lol

Avatar image for XxR3m1xInHDn3D
#12 Edited by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (2365 posts) -

No ones forgotten about them. Cows still don't realise who is working behind Crimson Dragon and as they are all tied to Sony I doubt they have ever played Panzer Dragoon. Even Killer Instinct has some great devs behind it like ones that worked on SF2 and Tekken but they only bring up Double Helix

Avatar image for LJS9502_basic
#13 Posted by LJS9502_basic (162434 posts) -

@NineTailedGoku said:

An unproven developer IS NOT a trump card.

I would say this....

Avatar image for McStrongfast
#14 Edited by McStrongfast (4699 posts) -

There's been nothing to remember.

Avatar image for freedomfreak
#16 Posted by freedomfreak (49979 posts) -

I hope it's a third person spy game.

Avatar image for Krelian-co
#17 Posted by Krelian-co (13274 posts) -

black who?

Avatar image for The_Last_Ride
#18 Posted by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

I don't have any interest in the game they are going to release, i bet it's going to be a bi annual release with Halo being released between those games. I also think it is a first person shooter

Avatar image for FIipMode
#19 Posted by FIipMode (10850 posts) -

I could see them being Microosft's best studio, that's what they seem to be positioning them as. I do remember cboat talking about how great their game was coming along.

Avatar image for Shewgenja
#20 Edited by Shewgenja (19219 posts) -

Meanwhile, Rare remains derelict. Yay!

Avatar image for Netret0120
#21 Edited by Netret0120 (3478 posts) -

Under MS they are guaranteed to make (insert name) 15'16'17 etc.

They need some new IP's.

Avatar image for RR360DD
#22 Posted by RR360DD (13731 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

It's not that we've forgotten it's more that they haven't shown anything yet...

They have. But just a teaser.

At least we know the direction they're going in with their first game.

Avatar image for treedoor
#23 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

MS is banking on them to be their next Bungie which has me hopeful the game won't be rushed in any sort of way, and will only be released when it's amazingly perfect.

Not really sure what type of game I'd like them to make though. Hopefully it's something surprising.

Avatar image for casharmy
#24 Edited by casharmy (9388 posts) -

@NineTailedGoku said:

An unproven developer IS NOT a trump card.

For lemmings being unproven means they can be hyped with no limits based on nothing but the fact that they are developing games for their worshiped company.

Still remember lems hyping Too human and Alan Wake AAAA just because they were making games exclusively for xbox360...well at least those guys had some prior credit, but lems are shameless creatures now.

Avatar image for BPoole96
#25 Posted by BPoole96 (22817 posts) -

They'll probably make a Kinect game

Avatar image for casharmy
#26 Posted by casharmy (9388 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

black who?

Developers lemmings were hyping back when they still had hope for xbox360 getting a game.

Avatar image for StriateEnd
#28 Edited by StriateEnd (521 posts) -

@RR360DD: What direction is that? That teaser showed nothing.

Bringing up an unproven dev like black tusk in an argument is typical lem straw grasping.

Keep grasping dem straws boys!

Avatar image for timbers_WSU
#29 Edited by timbers_WSU (6076 posts) -

Silly Cows.
Black Tusk is a studio full of proven devs from older teams. Most of them came from the team the made Microsoft Flight Sims and EA. According to the Official XBOX Mag's Guide to XBONE. The teams have worked on the Modern Warfare games, Dead Space 1 and 2, Need For Speed Most Wanted and Hot Pursuit, Crysis, Splinter Cell, Halo,Microsoft Flight Simulators, and Rainbow Six.
It is their second largest game studio and has 4 games in development.

N new studio does not mean unproven or not worthy of topic.

Avatar image for Shottayouth13-
#30 Posted by Shottayouth13- (7014 posts) -

MS has forgotten that they have Black Tusk Studios.

Avatar image for quickposter
#31 Posted by quickposter (1730 posts) -

Except Phil Spencer said that their tactic of money hatting is working for them in his latest interview. Why are you lemmings getting your hopes up that MS will actually make good use of their studios for their own games when Phil Spencer himself admitted they don't?

I thought studios owned by MS didn't matter. The fact that you point out they own them and Philly says they aren't using them means you secretly hate their tactic.

This tactic of MS' will backfire if X1 struggles out the gate.

Avatar image for Basinboy
#32 Edited by Basinboy (13255 posts) -

We've forgotten because this is what they decided to show @ E3 and was massively disappointing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zidvu6UnDaM

Avatar image for majesticshea
#33 Posted by MajesticShea (730 posts) -

@Basinboy said:

We've forgotten because this is what they decided to show @ E3 and was massively disappointing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zidvu6UnDaM

looked like syphon filter.

Avatar image for rjdofu
#34 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -

Who?

Avatar image for Basinboy
#35 Posted by Basinboy (13255 posts) -

@majesticshea said:

@Basinboy said:

We've forgotten because this is what they decided to show @ E3 and was massively disappointing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zidvu6UnDaM

looked like syphon filter.

Would enjoy another console Syphon Filter. But it's not a game I'm buying a platform for in order to play.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
#36 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (44861 posts) -

Well, they're working on a "triple A" game meaning MS is giving them a sizable veteran team and a large budget to work on a game. I wouldn't write them off.

Avatar image for StriateEnd
#37 Posted by StriateEnd (521 posts) -

@timbers_WSU said:

Silly Cows.

Black Tusk is a studio full of proven devs from older teams. Most of them came from the team the made Microsoft Flight Sims and EA. According to the Official XBOX Mag's Guide to XBONE. The teams have worked on the Modern Warfare games, Dead Space 1 and 2, Need For Speed Most Wanted and Hot Pursuit, Crysis, Splinter Cell, Halo,Microsoft Flight Simulators, and Rainbow Six.

It is their second largest game studio and has 4 games in development.

N new studio does not mean unproven or not worthy of topic.

I remember lems hyping 343i to be the next big thing.... Then HaLOL 4 released....

Avatar image for thegamer00
#38 Posted by thegamer00 (153 posts) -

@senses_fail_06 said:

Working under M$ assures that they have two outlooks on the future -

1) they milk the same franchise every year until they are forced to leave their own studio and leave it on autopilot for the next bunch of idiots who think they want to make games

or

2) they make one game and are killed off

Not sure why you would be hyped either way. M$ doesn't exactly have the same quality control on their first party devs that Sony or Nintendo do. Ex-Cod people working there? Who cares? Might just be an artist, might be a low level guy, probably just the janitor. "difference maker" Pfft.

Sony does the same thing with how God of war, Killzone, and Gran Turismo gets repeated over and over again.

Avatar image for multipass35
#39 Posted by Multipass35 (312 posts) -

@PSdual_wielder said:

Because black tusk is new. And just like 343, in title they sound like they're an unproven developer, but in reality they're a team that gets staffed up with a bunch of veterans MS is willing to pay a lot of money to hire.

So is Respawn.......... But they made the most anticipated game since, wait for it................Halo 3, also an xbox exclusive!

Avatar image for ImBatman-
#40 Posted by ImBatman- (1279 posts) -

It'll be turned into a kinect studio after their first game.

Avatar image for theshensolidus
#41 Posted by TheShensolidus (224 posts) -

I actually have some colleagues working up there at Black Tusk. Game's coming along fine, public should hear more about it at next year's E3.

I wouldn't say its a trump card per se. It could be a great game but it's an unproven studio and unproven IP. Studios rarely come in and blow up under those conditions. Still, should be interesting seeing more from them.

Avatar image for Yo-SUP
#42 Posted by Yo-SUP (357 posts) -

@supercowelitist: so lems forgot about them... How are they excited?

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
#43 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (44861 posts) -

@StriateEnd said:

@timbers_WSU said:

Silly Cows.

Black Tusk is a studio full of proven devs from older teams. Most of them came from the team the made Microsoft Flight Sims and EA. According to the Official XBOX Mag's Guide to XBONE. The teams have worked on the Modern Warfare games, Dead Space 1 and 2, Need For Speed Most Wanted and Hot Pursuit, Crysis, Splinter Cell, Halo,Microsoft Flight Simulators, and Rainbow Six.

It is their second largest game studio and has 4 games in development.

N new studio does not mean unproven or not worthy of topic.

I remember lems hyping 343i to be the next big thing.... Then HaLOL 4 released....

Halo 4 ended up being an AAAE, sold millions, and also ended up being one the of best looking console games of last generation.

Avatar image for Heil68
#44 Posted by Heil68 (57913 posts) -

I haven't. Outside of Sunset Overdrive, its the exclusive that has my interest. Hope they dont blow this opportunity.

Avatar image for timbers_WSU
#45 Edited by timbers_WSU (6076 posts) -

@StriateEnd said:

@timbers_WSU said:

Silly Cows.

Black Tusk is a studio full of proven devs from older teams. Most of them came from the team the made Microsoft Flight Sims and EA. According to the Official XBOX Mag's Guide to XBONE. The teams have worked on the Modern Warfare games, Dead Space 1 and 2, Need For Speed Most Wanted and Hot Pursuit, Crysis, Splinter Cell, Halo,Microsoft Flight Simulators, and Rainbow Six.

It is their second largest game studio and has 4 games in development.

N new studio does not mean unproven or not worthy of topic.

I remember lems hyping 343i to be the next big thing.... Then HaLOL 4 released....

Why are you talking like a 9 year old with brain damage? At least talk like a fucking adult.

TheShensolidus- Still pretending to be a dev?

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
#46 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (11157 posts) -

Who the **** is black tusk studio? Lemmings are really desperate hyping up games with no gameplay videos from a unknown studio. MS' first party must be even weaker than I thought.

Avatar image for theshensolidus
#47 Posted by TheShensolidus (224 posts) -

@timbers_WSU: Pretending? Sorry Senjutsu, I am a dev. and I'm working on one of your most anticipated titles outside of Ryse. I've heard you say it already. So, your kind words > your hateful ones. :)

Avatar image for timbers_WSU
#48 Posted by timbers_WSU (6076 posts) -

@theshensolidus said:

@timbers_WSU: Pretending? Sorry Senjutsu, I am a dev. and I'm working on one of your most anticipated titles outside of Ryse. I've heard you say it already. So, your kind words > your hateful ones. :)

Sure you are.
Is that why you are using a new name? Already been banned for spreading bullshit?

Avatar image for theshensolidus
#49 Edited by TheShensolidus (224 posts) -

@timbers_WSU said:

@theshensolidus said:

@timbers_WSU: Pretending? Sorry Senjutsu, I am a dev. and I'm working on one of your most anticipated titles outside of Ryse. I've heard you say it already. So, your kind words > your hateful ones. :)

Sure you are.

Is that why you are using a new name? Already been banned for spreading bullshit?

Actually no. My last username was so old, it was created at a time when Gamespot didn't require email addresses in order to create accounts. So when the site got updated, I couldn't access it anymore. Created a new one just to get back on here to speak to all of you lovely people.

Spreading BS? I've given valid information time & time again, and i'm more than willing to answer questions. In fact, people have inferred what the game I am working on is, and I confirmed it for them.

Sorry Senjutsu, that me and many within the development community aren't willing to just openly fellate the platform that you prefer, it's just not something that the dev community at large is that fond of these days. Having said that, I wholly think that if you're interested in the platform and have the money to spend, go for it.

The hypocrisy in your posts is that if I were to come on here and say nothing but rosey, flowery things about the Xbone, you'd have believe me the instant it started coming out of my mouth. Bias can do a funny thing to the truth when you hear it, no matter who you are. Now I see the rationale behind a fanatical religious person.

Avatar image for psymon100
#50 Posted by psymon100 (6835 posts) -

@theshensolidus said:

people have inferred what the game I am working on is, and I confirmed it for them.

I still have no idea.

Thanks for stopping by.