A Look At The Best Launch Lineup In A Long TIme

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gama_Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Gama_Forever
Member since 2004 • 2645 Posts

Crimson Dragon- XBL Release. I know a lot of games journalists are excited for this one. A very Japanese-esque game with vibrant colors. Easy to dismiss this one.

Dead Rising 3: An open-world exclusive zombie game at launch that you can play co-op. This is honestly unprecedented. You guys sit here and argue like "zomg dat 30 frames" but seriously consider how taxing that probably was for Capcom to develop this game on essentially moving tech. Microsoft didn't even know what the specs would look like as the numbers improved maybe a month or two ago. I've never been a part of a launch where an open-world exclusive (!) has been launched with the console. Not delayed either.

Fighter Within- Shows off the new tech. I honestly expect some lag with this. It is nice to see some support shown for the Kinect in the games realm (going to be a UI/communications beast)

Forza Motorsport 5- Best Racer out there hands down. But even if that line doesn't add up for the GT fanboys, it's the best next-gen racer. To have a heavy hitter like Forza at launch, also unprecedented. Usually it's some BS racer like NFS or Ridge Racer. This is a full-fledged racing game with hundreds of cars and AI opponents who race like real racers. For those that underestimate how the Cloud AI will work, play Ascend: Hand of Kul or w/e its called (FTP).

Just Dance 2014- Great game to bring them girls home to if you got a sizable crib. More support for Kinect.

Killer Instinct- A complex, modern take on a classic fighting game that gives you a free character to start with. Honestly, I'm really stoked for this. I'll prolly buy all the characters at launch. The last console I think to launch with a fighting game was probably the 360 with like Dead or Alive. which was horrendous. Seriously guys, this game looks good and it'll be great playing in the background while I wait for my COD matches.

LocoCycle- I don't know much about this game. All I know is its kinda racist towards the Mexicans and there's a talking motorcycle. The gameplay actually kinda looks bland. Twisted Pixel has always done great games with Splosion Man and other stuff really taking off, but I'm not sure about this one.

PowerStar Golf- It has avatars and golf? Not sure anyone is super amped for this one to be honest. Again, it is cool that Xbox One is getting some Wii-like exclusives with cloud functionality regarding clips of great shots and all that.

Ryse- Let's be honest here. It's between Ryse, Killzone, and NBA 2k14 for best next-gen visuals. It deals with one of the most interesting eras ever in the Roman period and clearly has some relationship to the Roman gods. This is going to be an interesting game. I hope that the story of Marius is not so one-dimensional. I hope he is a dynamic character too. I honestly do not care about the gameplay of the game. If I wanted great gameplay, I'd play Call of Duty or Assassin's Creed or Forza. But, seriously. After four months of sitting on it and getting bored of pooping on the game, I think people are willing to give it a try. Yeah, everyone! Bring up the 900p resolution. You're right! It's not 1080p. I'm sorry its not the right P! But honestly, it's a launch day game that is actually launching on launch day. Crazy. I'm sure they could optimize the game later if they delayed it to 2014 like Drive Club, but they didn't. So honestly, who cares?

Zoo Tycoon- HA!!

Zumba- HAHA!

Plus multiplats- So psyched for Cod Ghosts. Call me what you want but Cod ghosts is gonna be baller. Deuces.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Nothing that makes the $500 upfront cost (plus the cost of a game) less stinging. If I were a big Forza fan, I'd probably buy it for that, but if I bought it now, it'd just be for the apps and great UI.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

I aint going to read any of that

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

That's a pretty weak launch especially considering what they are doing to Forza 5.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

I will get a PS4 thank you.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Wasdie said:

That's a pretty weak launch especially considering what they are doing to Forza 5.

Xbox 360 and Dreamcast had better launches, but with Forza 5, KI, DR3, Crimson Dragon & Ryse, I'm satisfied with that. If the PS3 & XBox 360 didn't already have great games to fall back it might be a long wait for something better.

The PS3 launch was worse. Overpriced with no decent launch titles at all.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

What a mediocre list of games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f768591970d3
deactivated-5f768591970d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deactivated-5f768591970d3
Member since 2004 • 1255 Posts

Im getting both consoles day 1. Only difference is with ps1 i am not buying 1 retail game. Just resogun for

Now(looks so good!)

Xbox1 im getting : forza, dr3, ryse, killer instinct and maybe panzer

voljin1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By voljin1987
Member since 2012 • 1135 Posts

@ankor77 said:

Im getting both consoles day 1. Only difference is with ps1 i am not buying 1 retail game. Just resogun for

Now(looks so good!)

Xbox1 im getting : forza, dr3, ryse, killer instinct and maybe panzer

so your getting a PS1 and X1?

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

The only game you listed that I would care to check out is Forza 5 and I am not a racing fan if that gives you an idea of how little that interest is in that game. The rest don't interest me at all.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts

Ok, now lets get rid of everything thats sh!t.

@Gama_Forever said:

Dead Rising 3: An open-world exclusive zombie game at launch that you can play co-op. This is honestly unprecedented. You guys sit here and argue like "zomg dat 30 frames" but seriously consider how taxing that probably was for Capcom to develop this game on essentially moving tech. Microsoft didn't even know what the specs would look like as the numbers improved maybe a month or two ago. I've never been a part of a launch where an open-world exclusive (!) has been launched with the console. Not delayed either.

Forza Motorsport 5- Best Racer out there hands down. But even if that line doesn't add up for the GT fanboys, it's the best next-gen racer. To have a heavy hitter like Forza at launch, also unprecedented. Usually it's some BS racer like NFS or Ridge Racer. This is a full-fledged racing game with hundreds of cars and AI opponents who race like real racers. For those that underestimate how the Cloud AI will work, play Ascend: Hand of Kul or w/e its called (FTP).

Killer Instinct- A complex, modern take on a classic fighting game that gives you a free character to start with. Honestly, I'm really stoked for this. I'll prolly buy all the characters at launch. The last console I think to launch with a fighting game was probably the 360 with like Dead or Alive. which was horrendous. Seriously guys, this game looks good and it'll be great playing in the background while I wait for my COD matches.

Plus multiplats- So psyched for Cod Ghosts. Call me what you want but Cod ghosts is gonna be baller. Deuces.

Ok then...so there are 3 exclusives, 1 of which is having a laughable release (KI)
+ multiplats.

So basically the same if not worse than the ps4 release.

Nice.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

None of those sound interesting

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44548 Posts

just mention the good games, not all the launch titles will be good

for me though the must haves will be Dead Rising 3, Crimson Dragon, and Battlefield 4

optionally I might get Ryse or AC4

definitely picking up Titanfall when it releases

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21700 Posts

I only want Crimson Dragon out of those, and that's because it's made by the masterminds behind the Panzer Dragoon series. Everything else doesn't interest me at all.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

That's a horrible launch lineup.

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

@Renegade_Fury said:

I only want Crimson Dragon out of those, and that's because it's made by the masterminds behind the Panzer Dragoon series. Everything else doesn't interest me at all.

Most people on this forum don't even know what Panzer Dragoon is

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21700 Posts

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@Renegade_Fury said:

You're probably right. So many of the people here love artsy fartsy shit, yet they probably don't even know about one of the few series that actually has that and terrific gameplay. There's a reason why the Panzer Dragoon games still hold their value, and why Panzer Dragoon Saga goes for around $400.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f768591970d3
deactivated-5f768591970d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5f768591970d3
Member since 2004 • 1255 Posts

@voljin1987: yea im getting both consoles. Wish they were spread out timewise a bit more but its fine. I also built a new computer a few months ago. I like having options, and as my wife says I have no impulse control.

It is nice to not have to pick a side in this whole debate.

Avatar image for deactivated-608a2eb908da4
deactivated-608a2eb908da4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-608a2eb908da4
Member since 2012 • 119 Posts

Not sure if it really is the best in a long time, but looking forward to Forza 5, DR3, and Ryse.

Kinda interested in Crimson Dragon.

DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

Yeah, it's a good launch lineup. Not really interested in 80% of the games available but it's still good (LocoCycle and Crimson Dragon look great but I'll wait until they arrive on 360 later).

Hopefully D4 and Quantum Break arrive soon enough. Want to hear more about them.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Listed Fighter Within after how well did Fighter Uncaged,lolz

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@Renegade_Fury said:

The fact that only reason i'm considering a Xbox One is because of Crimson Dragon (the spiritual succesor to Panzer Dragoon) has got squat to do with the popularity of Panzer Dragoon.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#24 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

This list blows to be honest... There's really no point in buying either at launch, especially since there is no backwards compatibility anyway. Personally, my back catalog is so massive, and Dark Souls 2 is also around the corner, I'm in no rush. I'd wait till both systems features & capabilities have been thoroughly critiqued, and more games are available to justify either.