A Cyberpunk Future Is Becoming A Reality...

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LouiXIII
Member since 2015 • 10052 Posts

According to The Sun, both France and China are working on biologically enhanced soldiers dubbed as "homo robocopus" and some of the specific tech being worked on are brain microchips, bionic eyes, super hearing, health implants, enhanced limbs, exoskeleton legs, synthetic blood, and pain immunity.

https://www.ign.com/articles/france-and-china-are-reportedly-developing-biologically-engineered-super-soldiers

If they're working on things like this, other countries have probably been working on the same for years as well. How do you guys feel about living in a world where replacing real limbs with fake ones are the norm?

What about one where a hit can be put out on you by an almost unstoppable person?

I know some may love it but to me...that's some scary shit

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#2 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

Me, someone who believes Cyberpunk is prescient: first time?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38803 Posts

From what i've heard, there's literally no rules in China. CCP in charge does what the **** they want, and with an limitless budget. That is bad news, and not just for the implants, but the ai as well.

I want to play these messedup worlds in a video game, not live them in real life.

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LouiXIII
Member since 2015 • 10052 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

From what i've heard, there's literally no rules in China. CCP in charge does what the **** they want, and with an limitless budget. That is bad news, and not just for the implants, but the ai as well.

I want to play these messedup worlds in a video game, not live them in real life.

Same here. And everyone is working on this. Not the world I want to live in

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3019 Posts

**** yea.. let's get weird!

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11082 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

One day, mankind is going to live in a world that's grotesque and uninhabitable after plagues and wars and climate change, and the only way to survive it is to be bio-enhanced. It's gonna be the stuff of nightmares.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Their budget isn't exactly limitless. It's limited by how much money the rest of the world wants to give them. The moment the rest of the world stops trading with them is the moment the funds for any of that, and the CCP itself ceases to exist.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38803 Posts

@eoten said:
@hardwenzen said:

Their budget isn't exactly limitless. It's limited by how much money the rest of the world wants to give them. The moment the rest of the world stops trading with them is the moment the funds for any of that, and the CCP itself ceases to exist.

That is not what i've heard. They have experts coming from all over and do experiments (with ai for example) that are forbidden elsewhere. Bunch of secret projects fully funded by the CCP. That's how you create something you won't be able to control. I know this was once known as a conspiracy meme, but seeing how covid spread, while they were lying to the rest of the world (even denying its coming from China lmao imagine that), its not a meme anymore.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#9 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

@eoten said:
@hardwenzen said:

It's only has a limited because of raw ingredients, the man power pretty much is though.

Martin_G_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Martin_G_N
Member since 2006 • 2124 Posts

It has some flaws. Just fry the microchip with an EMP. Or hack them. The first thing taken out in a big war is electricity, so having all the soldiers also dependent on that is stupid.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

There's already a thread about this. Is this on SWs so that we can start to argue over our favourite super soldiers? I'm team France!

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

RoboCop us

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@louixiii said:

"homo robocopus"

Don't make fun of Robocop like that.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

Russia already does this for ages. So why should we care now? nothing they make will be remotely interesting really.