A curious challenge/opinion for fanboys...

dogfish515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dogfish515
Member since 2004 • 781 Posts

Post your preferred platform of choice - BUT THEN- follow that with something about a competitor that you admire/something positive they contributed to the gaming industry over the years, this in the spirit of giving thanks this season.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

nintendo is my preferred platform. i admire sony for thinking nature and making gaming environment friendly and giving cockroaches a nice cozy place to live.

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts

It only took one post, haha!

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

I prefer PS4 + Vita but I also game on PC a bit

I respect microsoft for sticking with it after screwing over gamers in 2013 and nintendo makes good kids games

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

PC all the way, but I commend Nintendo, however shitty some of their business practices are, for the fun games they have released, especially recently.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#6 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@dogfish515:

My platform this gen is definitely Sony. Ps4 and the Vita is taking up most of my attention these days.

dogfish515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dogfish515
Member since 2004 • 781 Posts

@Ibacai: It wouldn’t be system wars without that lmao!

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

I don't really side with just 1, but like PC and Xbox a lot. I tend to like when people shit on Nintendo, and not shit on Xbox. Even if I don't agree, a good day is when I get a laugh at someone mad at Nintendo, and a big smile learning how much someone else enjoys their Xbox.

I don't really care what anyone says about PS4, I get no joy hearing of its success or how much someone liked the exclusives, I just haven't played any of their games that got me involved. Plus, plenty of damage control parties working around the clock making sure PS4 is cradled inside its protective little bubble, they don't need me helping them.

I could praise Nintendo for something, but only thing worth while that I'd even mean is stuff they do on handheld, its only thing not shit stained...yet handheld gaming is essentially dead at this point.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

I stick with Nintendo. Xbox has a good thing going with backwards compatibility and I commend Sony for at least having a crack at the handheld market.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

@KBFloYd: Lmao.

That_Old_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 That_Old_Guy
Member since 2018 • 1233 Posts

I love all consoles...and some PC.

I give thanks to Atari for giving Nintendo the idea for making the retro consoles since they sold those retro consoles at Walmart and Target for dirt before the craze.

babyjoker1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 babyjoker1221
Member since 2015 • 1313 Posts

I prefer Xbox, but would like to give thanks to Sony for making the DS4 a wired controller thinly veiled as a wireless one.

Sony. Fighting the wireless revolution one gamer at a time.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

I'm an Xbox gamer, but I appreciate how Nintendo tries new things hardware wise, and Sony's dedication to SP games.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8469 Posts

@jasonofa36 said:

PC all the way, but I commend Nintendo, however shitty some of their business practices are, for the fun games they have released, especially recently.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@dogfish515: You first.

Caj1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Caj1986
Member since 2015 • 399 Posts

I have a gaming pc. I like d xbox and ps4 too. Only wish they gave the gamer op5ions like mouse +keyboard or whatever controller tbey want. Wish the specs too where a lil higher too. A i3+ 280x would have beem a killer combo for these consoles to last longer. Nintendo seems fine but them i feel d switch has yetbto realise its full potiential

Pixel_Mage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#18 Pixel_Mage
Member since 2018 • 80 Posts

I like Sony and Nintendo, with a little bit of PC on the side. I do enjoy my trophies, which Microsoft is primarily responsible for. I also respect their BC efforts, as long as it doesn't get in the way of new stuff. They just need a few games that appeal to me that I can't get anywhere else.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

Switch is my console of choice.

Pc is my secondary that has soooooo muuch to offer but is not exactly user friendly.

Ps4 I own and admire it’s exclusives however I rarely play it.

Xbone I really admire how they are very gamer friendly with bc and trying to offer the best tech available.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34572 Posts

I prefer PC. I applaud Nintendo for still creating wonderful games without microtransactions and other bullshit when so many other big studios have fallen from grace. PC and Nintendo is what saves gaming for me.

That's a very comfortable thing for me to say though, as I've always prefered PC and Nintendo. To say something nice about something else, I like what Microsoft is doing with their physical to digital program.

Sony.. I don't know. They just appeal to the mainstream and play it safe all the time. I don't think that deserves much praise. Their games still focus way too much on presentation.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11057 Posts

PC and PS4 and my preferred platforms, but I appreciate MS hiding Xbox's sales numbers because I do love a good mystery.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I own every system. The one I play the least is my xBox One. However, I love MS for bringing all the games to PC. I have an awesome rig and I love to play stuff like Forza H4 on it.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

I mainly game on PS4 as I don’t have enough time to games like the old days. I applaud MS for that I special controller they design for the handicapped.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Well, I generally have played on all platforms. But I'm going a hard pass on Xbox consoles this generation. That being said, their BC implementation puts PS and Nintendo to shame and is something I really value as a PC gamer. I also think the rumble triggers are a huge innovation

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46202 Posts

I prefer PC

But consoles seem to have far less driver/operating system/software issues. Usually a game that's on console is optimized and you won't run into much fuzz.

No PC gamer can deny they have had problems with drivers/operating systems/software before.

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#26 quatoe
Member since 2005 • 7242 Posts

I guess going by that definition I am a Nintendo guy, but in reality I just love playing games. I own an Xbox One X right now but I do love what Sony did with the PS4. A shit ton of high quality games and even though it isn't for me, they push the narrative focused games in the right direction.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

My platform of choice is the PS4, but it’s nice to see MS still making their games look best on old 720p plasma TVs.

mobius_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mobius_basic
Member since 2002 • 708 Posts

Hmm... that's a tough one. I like them all! Like many here I own and game on all the platforms, Current: One X, PS4 Pro, Switch and I have a good gaming PC. I bounce around between them all depending on what game I am liking at the time. So I will give a kudo to each platform.

1. PC: For the absolute in gaming power and its versatility as a platform in general.

2. PS4: Duh....for its awesome exclusives. :)

3. Xbox: Love the power and performance of the One X (we have two of them). A big bonus is being able to buy one game and share it across both consoles and enjoy some epic multiplayer battles with my son.

4. Switch: For the classic fun style of Nintendo games and characters that I grew up with, Zelda, Mario etc on the go.

If I had to pick...I would go with PC.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#29 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

@dogfish515 said:

Post your preferred platform of choice - BUT THEN- follow that with something about a competitor that you admire/something positive they contributed to the gaming industry over the years, this in the spirit of giving thanks this season.

Torn between PC and PS4.

XB division looks like they're really ramping up for next gen.

Nintendo. No issue with them. Gratz on the Switch.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#30 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

Xbox. Love the online and commitment to making my library be accessible across platforms and gens as they can, MP and stability of the online is best from my experience.

PS give us great games with interesting narratives that are downright fun.

Nintendo just make gaming fun to engage with with my nephew.

PC for great Steam sales

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44108 Posts

My preferred platform is the Xbox One.

I think the hybrid nature of the Switch is a very cool and well implemented concept.

I think the PS4 is a better system then the needlessly complicated system that the PS3 was.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

I wish PS4 had a game like Halo and still had the servers of Resistance up and running just as MS has H3 and H4 servers still running. Shit move on Sony for shutting down KZ mp a few months ago, I really liked to play it.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Man. I'm getting hammered by the Monolith at the Radar map in STALKER: Lost Alpha. I played this yesterday and replaying it tonight because the last few saves suddenly had glitchy graphic artifacts. Resumed at the last good save. The Monolith are a lot more stealthy this time. They're not showing themselves at all like last time. They're firing right through the bushes like I would. ;) Some grenades would come in handy. Should've stopped by Professor Deedee's bunker and bought some. It's a looong way from here.

Looks like a slugfest looming.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#34 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

Nintendo is my first choice. They never lost sight of 'have fun, play games' and having strong local multiplayer which consoles used to be about. Their online is weak and it is sad to see the VC get replaced with NES game rentals. Overall it is good to see Nintendo back on its feet after the disastrous Wii U. The Switch was a genius idea and has become one of my favorite systems ever.

Xbox is second choice. They started the gen with a complete shitshow, but have done a surprising turn around. The hardware is good, the controller is great. I love the 360 BC and the 4K blu ray capabilities. The online is as rock solid as ever. I just wish they would get more exclusives for the system. Most of my games for the system are multiplats.

PlayStation is my distant third choice this gen. I can still count the number games for the PS4 on one hand even after all these years. For some reason the majority of Sony exclusives just haven't interested me this gen. The controller feels cheap and odd to me. These criticisms aside, Sony has gotta be doing something right for the PS4 to be selling gangbusters since release.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

Preferred Platforms: Xbox One X and Switch

I thank Sony for pushing MS to improve and make the Xbox One BETTER than the PS4 and PS4Pro (LOL) and making the PS3 look good :P

Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Steppy_76
Member since 2005 • 2857 Posts

Xbox is my preferred platform.

The playstation did a great job of making a powerful system this gen that wasn't needlessly complicated from a hardware perspective. Now if they'd only fix that controller layout.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

This gen switch has been my favorite platform.

PC - Steam is still solid

Xbox- gamepass and BC are great for gamers

Ps4- some of the greatest movies ive ever watched

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13660 Posts

Prefer PC.

Respect PS and games.

Nintendo for doing their thing even if I'm not super into their games anymore.

Edit: Actually, I really don't like how lazy Nintendo are with ai R&D. Some of their multi player games suffer so much and could be much better as a whole. Mario Kart, Tennis... Basically most Mario spin offs and you get the idea. I feel like they miss out on a lot of what they could produce with innovation also using ai and physics. Mario Kart is a straight missed opportunity.

And MS has a good gpu in the X.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Nintendo makes the best games.

Sony makes the best movies.