A 2017 xboxone(x) console exclusive that may have been forgotten

This topic is locked from further discussion.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

and it's PUBG (Playerunknown's Battlegrounds).

Yep it might be timed console exclusive (there's talk about a ps4 version) and yeah there's already pc version. But heck for those that want to play on the console, this might be a nice treat for the xbox players.

The release date is set for later this year. Maybe with the xboxone x launch, who knows, after all this is quite a beefy game, and it's a good game. A type of game that the ps4 doesn't not have...

PUBG would launch through the xbox game preview program.

I know this has been showed on E3, but a lot of people seem to have forgotten about this, myself included

A ps4 version is far from sure also and if it would be released on the ps4 it could be a lot later too, and I'm talking years here. Look at elite dangerous for instance.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/gaming/636461/PlayerUnknown-Battlegrounds-First-Person-Servers-PS4-Xbox-One-Release-Date-Cross-Play

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

If MS were smart they'd attempt to lock it down to Xbox. Make it that must have cross play game. By that I mean a play anywhere title, crossplay with Xbox One, Windows, Steam. If MS really wants crossplay to be something they have to get Steam crossplaying with Win10/Xbox. It would make a play anywhere title that much more vauluable and create a large user base right off the rip.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#3 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

It's not forgotten, Pachter even said in an interview with me that it might be a major factor for the Xbox One

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

PUBG is huge and ain't going nowhere. Like it or not, it's a big deal for the xbox to get this game.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:

PUBG is huge and ain't going nowhere. Like it or not, it's a big deal for the xbox to get this game.

Sure but its still only timed. Its not going to sell hardware.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

There is something to be said for housing it first on consoles. Rocket League seemed more special when it hit the PS4 first. If you catch the game at the height of its popularity it might sell a few consoles.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

As a console gamer, not only Microsoft are bringing more PC games to the Xbox console they are also allowing cross-play between the platforms. More games to play on the Xbox and more gamers to play against, win win.

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 lexxluger
Member since 2017 • 599 Posts

But it's not even a timed exclusive (don't know why that word is even in the thread title) it's a timed multiplat.

Why is the word exclusive being thrown around when it's already out on PC and confirmed to be coming to PS4? Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel for crumbs geez.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

Only the PC version of thet game matters.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Yeah its def. A huge win for MS to get it first. Also makes sense as MS is all about the games as a service model and PUBG nails it. Sony did a good job with Fortnite/Epic, was surprised to see a somewhat play anywhere style deal for PS4(think you buy on pc link epic account to PS4 and have the option to download on Ps4).

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#11 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

Meh.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By commander

@lexxluger said:

But it's not even a timed exclusive (don't know why that word is even in the thread title) it's a timed multiplat.

Why is the word exclusive being thrown around when it's already out on PC and confirmed to be coming to PS4? Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel for crumbs geez.

the thread title mentions console exclusive and it matters, not everyone likes to play on the pc and for good reason

The ps4 version is not officially confirmed.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I'd like it if it had cross platform online play. Would like to play with my PS4 friends using the PC.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 commander

@Juub1990 said:

Only the PC version of thet game matters.

yeah sure I can buy the game right now, but I won't, you know why? because I want to play it on a console

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag: it's not timed though. MS didn't even throw cash at it to grab it. It's coming to Xbox first because of game preview program. Just like Ark, Conan, etc. Ark was in the preview program for over a year and half, didn't come to PS4 for almost a year. If Xbox gets PUBG that long that's a big deal. Shit in a years time PUBG could fade into obscurity and everyone will be playing the next big thing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By commander

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

There is something to be said for housing it first on consoles. Rocket League seemed more special when it hit the PS4 first. If you catch the game at the height of its popularity it might sell a few consoles.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Juub1990
@commander said:

yeah sure I can buy the game right now, but I won't, you know why? because I want to play it on a console

You're free to enjoy the lesser experience. Why you'd do that I have no idea but to each his own.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

Not forgotten but not much reason to talk about it, especially when there's a version already out that's got a lot going on for it

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 commander

@Juub1990 said:
@commander said:

You're free to enjoy the lesser experience. Why you'd do that I have no idea but to each his own.

lol mouse and keyboard desk setup yawn

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

Here's the thing about what MS and the Dev team are doing. The original Dev team is still working on the PC version, they hired out the port job to a different Dev team in a different country. Xbox sent their own team to assist them. That is why it might be a while for PS4.

One of the V.P.s for Xbox corp. is a huge fan of this game and streams it a lot on Mixer. If they can lock it down as an Xbox Console exclusive would be great for them. Competitive shooters are what Xbox gamers are all about, and better at it than anyone. (Sorry had to go a little Console wars there)

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By lexxluger

@commander said:
@lexxluger said:

the thread title mentions console exclusive and it matters, not everyone likes to play on the pc and for good reason

But, it's not console exclusive it's just releasing on xbox one first.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 commander

@lexxluger said:
@commander said:

I don't know what so hard to understand

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#23 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Looking forward to trying it on release. I don't have much experience with this Battle Royale genre, so it'll be something a little new for me.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

Yeah MS should lock this down. This late in the console circle exclusives like these can help. If anything make this year worth owning a xbox.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Microsoft needs to lock this down. PUBG is one of the most popular games on Twitch. This game selling 6 million on Steam could mean millions of Xboxs sold. Make it happen M$.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

People thinking this isn't coming to the PS4 shortly after the Xbox are hilarious. This is a highly sought after multiplat... SONY wont just sit by and watch.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By WitIsWisdom

@commander said:
@lexxluger said:
@commander said:

Kind of like a lot of people were saying there wouldn't be a PS5 because of PR talk and it not being confirmed right? Common sense. I'm sure you believe it's coming to both as well. Sure, it hasn't been officially confirmed yet (I guess). On that note there is a new group of people that believe the world is flat and others that still believe in millennia old reli.... never mind. Either way, if it doesn't happen I would be beyond shocked... then again, maybe not, because that means that something big had to go down to cause it. It's a win/win for everyone involved, so unless MS opens up that wallet and just throws loads of cash (and I mean loads) at them, it is all but inevitable.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

Microsoft needs to lock this down. PUBG is one of the most popular games on Twitch. This game selling 6 million on Steam could mean millions of Xboxs sold. Make it happen M$.

Not gonna happen. The money they'd have to pay PUBG devs to ignore the 63 million PS4 owners out there would be too ridiculous.

PopGotcha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 PopGotcha
Member since 2016 • 716 Posts

@quadknight said:
@goldenelementxl said:

Not gonna happen. The money they'd have to pay PUBG devs to ignore the 63 million PS4 owners out there would be too ridiculous.

If anyone could do it, it would be M$. Personally I'd rather use those "exclusivity" funds elsewhere, like 1st party development LUL

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By QuadKnight

@popgotcha said:
@quadknight said:
@goldenelementxl said:

If anyone could do it, it would be M$. Personally I'd rather use those "exclusivity" funds elsewhere, like 1st party development LUL

lol good one. You know that's never gonna happen.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@commander said:
@lexxluger said:
@commander said:

You think they're going to leave free money on the table? It is obviously coming to the console with the highest install base.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

I'm no MP gamer, but even I know this game is a big deal. And it coming to Xbox first is a big deal.

And if this does eventually come to PS4, it'll be a loooong way down the line. So this is a good opportunity for Xbox.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 commander

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@commander said:
@lexxluger said:

You think they're going to leave free money on the table? It is obviously coming to the console with the highest install base.

This is not a company like ubisoft or ea, this is an indie developper. What do you think will happen if ms starts waving with big bucks.

Somebody else even in this thread said that xbox helped out with extra devs to get the game ready for the xboxone. If that is true, that ps4 version is a long way off.

Not to mention it was advertised at e3 as an xbox console exclusive. I doubt they will have done that if the ps4 version comes shortly after.

Even confirmation wouldn't make it sure thing, look at magic duels, it was confirmed for ps4 in 2015 and it never happened.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By commander

@WitIsWisdom said:
@commander said:
@lexxluger said:

Kind of like a lot of people were saying there wouldn't be a PS5 because of PR talk and it not being confirmed right? Common sense. I'm sure you believe it's coming to both as well. Sure, it hasn't been officially confirmed yet (I guess). On that note there is a new group of people that believe the world is flat and others that still believe in millennia old reli.... never mind. Either way, if it doesn't happen I would be beyond shocked... then again, maybe not, because that means that something big had to go down to cause it. It's a win/win for everyone involved, so unless MS opens up that wallet and just throws loads of cash (and I mean loads) at them, it is all but inevitable.

What kind of nonsense is that lmao. A ps5 is common sense, allthough you don't know when that's going to be. That the world is not flat is common sense as well, we have a space station and satellites, we have google earth...

A ps4 version PUBG is not common sense, it's not confirmed lol. It is even advertised on e3 as an xbox console exclusive.

Even confirmation wouldn't make it a sure thing, magic duels was confirmed for the ps4 as well, but it never happened. IF ms wants to keep this on the xbox only, it's going to happen. Apparently you don't realize how deep ms pockets go, it's much richer company than sony and xbox is far from their only product.

Ryu_Silveira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Ryu_Silveira
Member since 2017 • 167 Posts

I love this game, tons of fun to play with friends. I play it quite often on the PC which is the superior version of course. Nonetheless, having this game release on a console is a big deal. Cows may or may not downplay it because it'll eventually come for the Playstation but nothing has been officially confirmed. And the fact that it's hitting Xbox first is great for those who own an Xbox but don't game on PC for a number of reasons. Same will go for the people who only game on Playstation but don't game on PC when it releases in the future...

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By WitIsWisdom

@commander said:
@WitIsWisdom said:
@commander said:
@lexxluger said:

What kind of nonsense is that lmao. A ps5 is common sense, allthough you don't know when that's going to be. That the world is not flat is common sense as well, we have a space station and satellites, we have google earth...

A ps4 version PUBG is not common sense, it's not confirmed lol. It is even advertised on e3 as an xbox console exclusive.

Even confirmation wouldn't make it a sure thing, magic duels was confirmed for the ps4 as well, but it never happened. IF ms wants to keep this on the xbox only, it's going to happen. Apparently you don't realize how deep ms pockets go, it's much richer company than sony and xbox is far from their only product.

Regarding your first two sentences after "lmao." No shit... that was the point. Next line: I have a bridge to sell you. Last two lines: If confirmation doesn't make it a sure thing, then you can't be sure it's coming to the Xbox. lol... You are all over the place with your reasoning man..

Moving on..

So, are you saying you don't think the game will come to the PS4? If not... then your points make absolutely no sense at all. Yes, it is common sense... and of course the PS5 was common sense (as I already alluded to, and as is this), but many people around here were quoting SONY PR and all sorts of websites claiming there would NOT be a PS5. I'm sure you can easily find the posts if you go and look for them.. They were in multiple threads, and stated by multiple posters.

Sure, like I said before, MS could throw a boatload of cash at them, but I find it highly unlikely. I have a long history of being right, but would gladly eat my crow if I wind up being wrong. All I'm saying is that I'm a betting man. Are you? I mean... we can wager something if you'd like.

Just answer this with a simple yes or no. Do you think the game will release on the PS4?

Now, with that out of the way, it doesn't effect someone like me at all. I own all the consoles and will likely play it on Xbox and PS4, or just the Xbox if for whatever reason it doesn't make it to PS4. Just remember this thread and this discussion and one of us can copy/paste when all is known.

I'm not 100% sure it will come to PS4.. no, but I'm a good 95/5.

Is a release date for the Xbox set in stone for Battlegrounds? I don't think it is. If it is, please give me an exact date. (No, I'm not saying it isn't releasing on the Xbox, because I know it is... it's just to make a point). Not knowing when the PS5 is releasing or being 100% this game is coming to the PS4 is irrelevant when it doesn't even have a release date for the Xbox. I think we should wait a couple/few months before making silly presumptions. It's a lot more foolish to believe the game ISN'T coming to the PS4 right now then to believe it IS. That's all I'm saying.... and anything could happen. Until then.. you should probably steer clear of Vegas.

Edit: Yes, I am aware of the companies finances. With that said, I don't think you realize just how much money MS would have to throw at them to convince them NOT to release the game on a console that has a much larger install base. They would have to overpay, and I just dont see it happening since it wouldn't be profitable for them if they did so.. that's all.

One last thing.. Everything else aside, no one has forgotten about Battlegrounds... it's one of the most anticipated console titles, and has absolutely caught on fire on the PC side of things. It's one of the most talked about games in the industry right now, and has been for a couple months.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By commander

@WitIsWisdom said:
@commander said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

Regarding your first two sentences after "lmao." No shit... that was the point. Next line: I have a bridge to sell you. Last two lines: If confirmation doesn't make it a sure thing, then you can't be sure it's coming to the Xbox. lol... You are all over the place with your reasoning man..

Moving on..

So, are you saying you don't think the game will come to the PS4? If not... then your points make absolutely no sense at all. Yes, it is common sense... and of course the PS5 was common sense (as I already alluded to, and as is this), but many people around here were quoting SONY PR and all sorts of websites claiming there would NOT be a PS5. I'm sure you can easily find the posts if you go and look for them.. They were in multiple threads, and stated by multiple posters.

Sure, like I said before, MS could throw a boatload of cash at them, but I find it highly unlikely. I have a long history of being right, but would gladly eat my crow if I wind up being wrong. All I'm saying is that I'm a betting man. Are you? I mean... we can wager something if you'd like.

Just answer this with a simple yes or no. Do you think the game will release on the PS4?

Now, with that out of the way, it doesn't effect someone like me at all. I own all the consoles and will likely play it on Xbox and PS4, or just the Xbox if for whatever reason it doesn't make it to PS4. Just remember this thread and this discussion and one of us can copy/paste when all is known.

Is a release date for the Xbox set in stone for Battlegrounds? I don't think it is. If it is, please give me an exact date. (No, I'm not saying it isn't releasing on the Xbox, because I know it is... it's just to make a point). Not knowing when the PS5 is releasing or being 100% this game is coming to the PS4 is irrelevant when it doesn't even have a release date for the Xbox. I think we should wait a couple/few months before making silly presumptions. It's a lot more foolish to believe the game ISN'T coming to the PS4 right now then to believe it IS. That's all I'm saying.... and anything could happen. Until then.. you should probably steer clear of Vegas.

Edit: Yes, I am aware of the companies finances. With that said, I don't think you realize just how much money MS would have to throw at them to convince them NOT to release the game on a console that has a much larger install base. They would have to overpay, and I just dont see it happening since it wouldn't be profitable for them if they did so.. that's all.

One last thing.. Everything else aside, no one has forgotten about Battlegrounds... it's one of the most anticipated console titles, and has absolutely caught on fire on the PC side of things. It is about the most talked about game in the industry right now, and has been for a couple months.

You're still comparing apples with oranges. The chances for a ps4 version of PUBG are not that likely as you portray them to be. PUBG is an early access game and it's also one of the reasons why the dev choose to partner with microsoft.

Xbox has a game preview program, similar to steam early access, and PUGB is an early access title, and we all know a lot of games just stay in early access. The notorious dayz is a good example of that. A similar game that was also quite popular and was also initially planned to come to the xbox game preview program. Dayz never came to xbox though but PUGB is a bigger name and unlike dayz the wheels are already in motion.

The release date is set for late 2017 and it had seperate air time on E3, unlike dayz which was just a thrown in there with a lot of other early access titles. Sure it may be delayed but with the current success it has it's quite likely xbox will be pushing for a release, especially because they don't have much else at this time. It would be good advertising for the xboxonex as well, since it's a beefy game.

What do you think will happen if PUBG becomes the face of the xboxone(x) in 2017, do you think microsoft will let it slide? I mean they let fifa legends go to all other platforms this year and that exclusivity deal they had with ea was a lot more expensive than pubg will ever be. Then don't have any other exclusivity deals at this time either besides crackdown, cuphead and sea of thieves, and I don't think they're going to be the major system sellers either, so PUGB could be a nice addition.

But still, a ps4 version could be just as likely, the dev could opt for a ps4 release, or microsoft could just not care to keep it exclusive, I wouldn't bet on it though, not with money that you can't spare anyway. Let's not forget that a release 3 years later (like with elite dangerous) isn't the same as a release 6 months or a year later. Those are exclusivity deals that can be as effective as a normal exclusive.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Juub1990

@quadknight said:

Yep. Microsoft would have to be one of the richest corporations in the world for that...oh wait!!!

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 QuadKnight

@Juub1990 said:
@quadknight said:

Yep. Microsoft would have to be one of the richest corporations in the world for that...oh wait!!!

Still not gonna happen.

They may be one of the richest companies in the world but they've shown time and time again that they have their limits when it comes to blowing money on the underperforming Xbone.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

It's past 7mil now, it's a monster.

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By lexxluger

@quadknight said:
@goldenelementxl said:

lol do you remember what they paid for Minecraft? Spoiler 2.5 Billion! It could happen.

The question is can they convince the top brass it's worth the initial hit the the wallet. I'm sure Phil Spencer has a budget too.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 QuadKnight

@lexxluger said:
@quadknight said:
@goldenelementxl said:

lol do you remember what they paid for Minecraft? Spoiler 2.5 Billion! It could happen.

The question is can they convince the top brass it's worth the initial hit the the wallet. I'm sure Phil Spencer has a budget too.

The thing is Minecraft prints money and is on multiple platforms. How much boost in sales can PUBG actually give them and is that boost worth all the millions they'll be dropping?

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 lexxluger

@quadknight said:
@lexxluger said:
@quadknight said:
@goldenelementxl said:

The thing is Minecraft prints money and is on multiple platforms. How much boost in sales can PUBG actually give them and is that boost worth all the millions they'll be dropping?

I can't answer that but that's the equation Phil Spencer would have to work out with investors leaning in xbox one's favor to convince them to release the doe.

if Phil boy can make a convincing case he could get the green light, but it's not Phils money and he can't just drop that kind of money on what ever he wants so the reception of PUBG on xbox one is going to play a huge role in that equation.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#44 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

@commander: compared to perfect dark zero kameo condemned Forza 2 pgr 3 ridge racer 6 saint's row 1 Xbox ones exclusive library fails and this one game isn't as big as those listed above

Pandadropkicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Pandadropkicks
Member since 2017 • 389 Posts

@charizard1605: "patcher even said with an interview with me" you interviewed Michael patcher?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#46 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@pandadropkicks said:

@charizard1605: "patcher even said with an interview with me" you interviewed Michael patcher?

Yeah, you can check it out here

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47  Edited By ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

Not an exclusive because it's on PC too and it's a timed console "exclusive". And yes, I will play it on Xbox One.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 WitIsWisdom

@commander said:
@WitIsWisdom said:
@commander said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

Moving on..

One last thing.. Everything else aside, no one has forgotten about Battlegrounds... it's one of the most anticipated console titles, and has absolutely caught on fire on the PC side of things. It is about the most talked about game in the industry right now, and has been for a couple months.

You're still comparing apples with oranges. The chances for a ps4 version of PUBG are not that likely as you portray them to be. PUBG is an early access game and it's also one of the reasons why the dev choose to partner with microsoft.

Xbox has a game preview program, similar to steam early access, and PUGB is an early access title, and we all know a lot of games just stay in early access. The notorious dayz is a good example of that. A similar game that was also quite popular and was also initially planned to come to the xbox game preview program. Dayz never came to xbox though but PUGB is a bigger name and unlike dayz the wheels are already in motion.

The release date is set for late 2017 and it had seperate air time on E3, unlike dayz which was just a thrown in there with a lot of other early access titles. Sure it may be delayed but with the current success it has it's quite likely xbox will be pushing for a release, especially because they don't have much else at this time. It would be good advertising for the xboxonex as well, since it's a beefy game.

What do you think will happen if PUBG becomes the face of the xboxone(x) in 2017, do you think microsoft will let it slide? I mean they let fifa legends go to all other platforms this year and that exclusivity deal they had with ea was a lot more expensive than pubg will ever be. Then don't have any other exclusivity deals at this time either besides crackdown, cuphead and sea of thieves, and I don't think they're going to be the major system sellers either, so PUGB could be a nice addition.

But still, a ps4 version could be just as likely, the dev could opt for a ps4 release, or microsoft could just not care to keep it exclusive, I wouldn't bet on it though, not with money that you can't spare anyway. Let's not forget that a release 3 years later (like with elite dangerous) isn't the same as a release 6 months or a year later. Those are exclusivity deals that can be as effective as a normal exclusive.

Well, touche man. I appreciate you keeping things civil. I guess we shall all find out in due time. You believe that MS will try to lock it down, and I believe there is almost no chance it doesn't come to PS4 at some point. When? I have no clue.

It's a no brainer in BOTH cases, but knowing each of the two companies they will probably do the least expected thing... and I say that because both companies are practically in the dark when it comes to what most consumers actually want.

I think it will be a matter of a couple months, but... who knows. If you wind up being right I will be the first to tell you I was wrong, and perhaps we can get a few games in on the Xbox. If not and it does get confirmed (at whatever point) that it is coming to the PS4, then I'm not sure what I'll do. (probably get it on both) I have been eagerly awaiting this game, and I am not a fan of shooters on PC, but it's my favorite genre on console (especially one life, third person). This is easily my most anticipated game.. Problem is, I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Either way it shows that the industry is changing and that SONY REALLY needs some kind of preview program with the PS5.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By commander

@WitIsWisdom said:
@commander said:

Well, touche man. I appreciate you keeping things civil. I guess we shall all find out in due time. You believe that MS will try to lock it down, and I believe there is almost no chance it doesn't come to PS4 at some point. When? I have no clue.

It's a no brainer in BOTH cases, but knowing each of the two companies they will probably do the least expected thing... and I say that because both companies are practically in the dark when it comes to what most consumers actually want.

I think it will be a matter of a couple months, but... who knows. If you wind up being right I will be the first to tell you I was wrong, and perhaps we can get a few games in on the Xbox. If not and it does get confirmed (at whatever point) that it is coming to the PS4, then I'm not sure what I'll do. (probably get it on both) I have been eagerly awaiting this game, and I am not a fan of shooters on PC, but it's my favorite genre on console (especially one life, third person). This is easily my most anticipated game.. Problem is, I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Either way it shows that the industry is changing and that SONY REALLY needs some kind of preview program with the PS5.

Well sometimes it's hard to distinct sarcasm in a text post... especially when you read diagonally and miss those subtle signs that give it away. Your second post was quite clear tho lol

I don't know what phil spencer is exactly planning with that xboxone x. The xbox division never made any money, A thread was made about it a couple of days of ago and I was surprised how many people thought xbox was a profitable division. It explains why people were defending the premium price of the xboxone x in a thread that I made a couple of weeks ago about the price of the xboxone. They talk like it is the icing on the cake, but there's not much of a cake in the first place. Not in terms of profit anyway.

I don't actually know if the fifa legends deal was that expensive, ea partnered with microsoft at the time and those deals may have been made before fifa ultimate team boomed (I didn't consider this when I first mentioned this). So you might have a point there when you say that PUGB would be too expensive to keep on the xboxone(x).

PUGB is the reason why me and my friends stay with xbox now though. We are all avid fifa players but we like to play some other games too, and since playstation has al the fifa content now also the ps4 pro would be a nice step up from the xboxone power, even the ps4 is already better but we don't want to be on the other side when PUBG releases.

We could wait a couple of months though, I mean we mostly play fifa non stop till about january, and we could even do without other games till march, april or even may, it depends how good that fifa is. So if you asked me If I think pubg would release on the ps4, well I don't know, but I don't want to risk waiting for it till mid 2018 or even later.

I mean I would still like to play horizon, spiderman and days gone, but I want to play pugb (after I had my share of fifa 18) first.