94, 2% of banned Apex Legends cheaters played on Playstation.

• 94 results
loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts

Apex Legends is now a much safer place to play without running into hackers thanks to the over 2,000 bans Respawn handed out today to players across all platforms, but PS4 in particular seems to have the worst community for hacking with 1,965 of the bans coming from the PlayStation platform alone.

https://www.psu.com/news/respawn-bans-over-2000-players-from-apex-legends-and-1965-of-them-were-on-ps4/

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Cheating is an alpha move. I'm proud of my fellow big ballers on PS.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

I don't get people that cheat in compeititve multiplayer. I don't get people that swipe their credit card to get everything in an mmo within a day. I don't get people that play on the easiest difficulty because they don't want to learn shit. Its like those people live in another dimension than mine.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#4 BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 17794 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3017 Posts

If you ain't first, you're last.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Maroxad  Online
Member since 2007 • 23883 Posts

Could this be because

1. Hackers on Playstation are easier to detect?
  2. Playstation players are overwhelmingly represented in the game?

I highly doubt PS4 players are more likely to cheat and hack than PC gamers, as getting access to cheats should be far more difficult on a console.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

@Maroxad: The ban was due to a matchmaking exploit, not cheats.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#8 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7196 Posts

Makes sense, PS5 players lack true skill. They’re just a bunch of movie playing dudebros wanting to experience greatness. But yet it still awaits.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58268 Posts

LOLOLOLOLOLOL I thought they were all on PC hahahahhaha YOU turds blaming PC all this time lol.

@BassMan said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Baller shit, that's what.

rofl

@hardwenzen said:

I don't get people that cheat in compeititve multiplayer. I don't get people that swipe their credit card to get everything in an mmo within a day. I don't get people that play on the easiest difficulty because they don't want to learn shit. Its like those people live in another dimension than mine.

Any game that has unlocks and loot or anything like that will have a thriving cheating community. This is why people cheat. For the "loot".

Why put in 100 honest hours for that super cool skin when you can put in 10 dishonest hours?

Just my guess, at least.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Cows aint used to multiplayer,they need a leg up after to many movies games

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46183 Posts

@BassMan said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Playstation fans are known to excuse anything.

Xbox live paid price was out of the question, until Sony started charging it.

$70 price for current gen games is fine too, just ask them.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BassMan  Online

@R4gn4r0k said:
@BassMan said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Playstation fans are known to excuse anything.

Xbox live paid price was out of the question, until Sony started charging it.

$70 price for current gen games is fine too, just ask them.

Yup. Sad bunch.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46183 Posts

@BassMan: Unrelated but is your PS5 getting much love anymore? Or have you played the PS4 games you wanted to play and moved on?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15902 Posts

Its probably more cause dev targeting PS version this time. Its harder to detect players with +15 kills per match on consoles but I have encountered them once as a teammate in my now 6-7 month in Apex.

Do note getting high kills not that hard my personal best is 12 kill but we literally dropped in Fragment area at World's Edge (literally where usually half of 20 squads jumped) and dude started solo kills everyone running the whole map searching for kills alone. I literally won doing nothing. I think the dude got like 23 or 24 kills alone or something. Either very good or just plain cheating.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By sakaiXx

Ah lmao nevermind then. That is horrible trying to boost rank by playing with low tier ranked players. They probably grinding for new season rank split. Dude you guys already good players just grind back to diamond next season. I think diamond and Predator will start at gold rank next season.

*also probably just means lots more high ranked player playing on PS. Not surprised considering game popularity in Japan and Asia. I usually play Tokyo CGE Server for faster matchmaking.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

To be fair it's quite a step up for their usual press X for tears experience and skill heavy games struggle to reach 500k in sales.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NathanDrakeSwag

@sakaixx said:

Ah lmao nevermind then. That is horrible trying to boost rank by playing with low tier ranked players. They probably grinding for new season rank split. Dude you guys already good players just grind back to diamond next season. I think diamond and Predator will start at gold rank next season.

Nothing wrong with farming bad players. It's common in all MP games. Back when I played Overwatch a lot my main account was masters/GM and I had a smurf account in bronze just to laugh at how bad players down there are.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By sakaiXx
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@sakaixx said:

Nothing wrong with farming bad players. It's common in all MP games. Back when I played Overwatch a lot my main account was masters/GM and I had a smurf account in bronze just to laugh at how bad players down there are.

farming noobs to boost your rank to among game best players is a bit much personally. Can't compete with best players had to settle to grinding off noobs. Platinum ranked entry cost is -36rp and Diamond is -48rp. Probably too hard for some of these players to get these numbers to positive in real ranked matches.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#19 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@sakaixx said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@sakaixx said:

farming noobs to boost your rank to among game best players is a bit much personally. Can't compete with best players had to settle to grinding off skills to noobs. Platinum ranked entry cost is -36rp and Diamond is -48rp. Probably too hard for some of these players to get these numbers to positive.

Yup, having to hack the system so you can stay matched up against beginners is definitely the mark of a craven pussy when it comes to competitive gaming.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

Some people can't really aspire to be more than a turd. Jebus.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21  Edited By Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7196 Posts

Hmm, does this mean Xbox, PC, and Nintendo Apex Legend players are respectable gamers? Sony fans stop embarrassing us you no good cheaters.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BassMan  Online

@R4gn4r0k: I still use my PS5 mostly to play NHL and there are some exclusives I have not played. It is a good system overall. But yeah, if it wasn't for NHL, the usage would be minimal.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hardwenzen

@mrbojangles25 said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOL I thought they were all on PC hahahahhaha YOU turds blaming PC all this time lol.

@hardwenzen said:

Any game that has unlocks and loot or anything like that will have a thriving cheating community. This is why people cheat. For the "loot".

Why put in 100 honest hours for that super cool skin when you can put in 10 dishonest hours?

Just my guess, at least.

Because that's the actual content of a video game. Skipping it all and getting to the end is like asking your video games to be 30 minutes long for $60-70.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mrbojangles25

@hardwenzen said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

@hardwenzen said:

Just my guess, at least.

Because that's the actual content of a video game. Skipping it all and getting to the end is like asking your video games to be 30 minutes long for $60-70.

I'm talking about multiplayer games, man. They added all these content unlocks like "get X kills with weapon A" and so people cheat for that stuff now.

Not to wax nostalgia or whatever, but multiplayer was just about being the best and ironically had less cheaters when that was the case when there were no unlocks.

These cheaters are going for insane amounts of kills not just for number 1 spot. They're going for unlocks. Probably farmers selling accounts and junk.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2249 Posts

Lol but I thought hacking in MP games were a pc only problem??😂😂

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 sakaiXx

@mrbojangles25 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

@hardwenzen said:

Just my guess, at least.

I'm talking about multiplayer games, man. They added all these content unlocks like "get X kills with weapon A" and so people cheat for that stuff now.

Not to wax nostalgia or whatever, but multiplayer was just about being the best and ironically had less cheaters when that was the case when there were no unlocks.

These cheaters are going for insane amounts of kills not just for number 1 spot. They're going for unlocks. Probably farmers selling accounts and junk.

No problem rewarding players for being the best, it just add incentive to grind and make aiming higher rank worth your time. Its a problem if you exploit your way to get that reward.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

I understand why PS players feel the need to cheat. Playing mostly movie games, and then being thrown into cross platform lobbies in the shooters they do play put them at a disadvantage. Cows aren’t used to pressing the buttons on their controllers, let alone using any sort of skill to play a game…

sheep99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 sheep99
Member since 2020 • 1254 Posts

Its only cheating if you get caught

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mrbojangles25

@sheep99 said:

Nah, still cheating.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#30 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Its always good seeing cheating scum get banned, they ruin games for everyone and cause legit good players to be accused of cheating all the time.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 NathanDrakeSwag

@sheep99 said:

Loading Video...

Damn right.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44539 Posts

Well, it's objectively documented PS gamers are the worst of the worst, so not one bit surprising.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8469 Posts

Wait, I thought consoles were just plug and play along with cheat free.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8469 Posts
@hardwenzen said:

True! I don't understand how could people even stand Sony First Party!

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hardwenzen

@pc_rocks said:
@hardwenzen said:

Looking at the scores and goty all over the place, its pretty easy to understand. As a matter of fact, there's nothing to understand🤭

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9394 Posts

I bet they use controllers in FPS games too.

Have they no shame!?

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts
@hardwenzen said:
@pc_rocks said:
@hardwenzen said:

Looking at the scores and goty all over the place, its pretty easy to understand. As a matter of fact, there's nothing to understand🤭

It's a good thing we're a video game forum and not a music one, because all you ever boast is your top 40 greatest hits equivalence to video games. It makes most of us here wonder if you even play video games or explore them beyond what's spoonfed your way, or whether or not you even play games as much as you boast about their accolades.

Any other place than SW you'd be laughed out of town.

Avatar image for deactivated-631373f44e9fd
deactivated-631373f44e9fd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-631373f44e9fd
Member since 2004 • 549 Posts

Hurr durr but cheaters are only on PC!!!!!!!! lulz.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9394 Posts

PS4 has been wide open for a loooong time now, so this is not surprising.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#40 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69353 Posts

I guess this is proof that Sony fannies don't like difficult games, can't stand losing and have to resort to cheating. 😂

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 hardwenzen

@jaydan said:

It's a good thing we're a video game forum and not a music one, because all you ever boast is your top 40 greatest hits equivalence to video games. It makes most of us here wonder if you even play video games as much as you boast about their accolades.

Any other place than SW you'd be laughed out of town.

Well, its hard to boast my top 41 games when nothing new is coming out on the PS5. What exactly am i supposed to be praising? I am not big into indie. I don't give crap about sports games. Couldn't care less about weeb shit. Outside of Returnal, the earliest titles that i am interested (and that's only if they don't **** up) is Infinite and BF2042.

If i was laughed out of town, i'd crawl back the hell in.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jaydan

@hardwenzen: Instead of wasting your time on a video game forum boasting your Justin Bieber top hits popularity games, maybe it's time you start considering a new hobby that brings new excitement into your life.

You've become quite dull and you're revealing greater evidence that you're just tired of video games.

Do yourself a favor and get a life. It's right outside your doorstep.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 hardwenzen

@jaydan said:

@hardwenzen: Instead of wasting your time on a video game forum boasting your Justin Bieber top hits popularity games, maybe it's time you start considering a new hobby that brings new excitement into your life.

You've become quite dull and you're revealing greater evidence that you're just tired of video games.

Do yourself a favor and get a life. It's right outside your doorstep.

lol i don't have one other hobby, but two🤦‍♂️Both of which are what we call the outside.

And if you believe that i am tired of games, you know absolutely nothing about me. I am tired of garbage, not games.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jaydan

@hardwenzen: Cute, I think I cracked your shell cause you are being serious and defensive now, that's a first. 🤣

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 hardwenzen

@jaydan said:

@hardwenzen: Cute, I think I cracked your shell cause you are being serious and defensive now, that's a first. 🤣

Just reponding to your message, not too sure about the defensive part. Proved you wrong, so you respond with 🐵

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#46 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69353 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

lol i don't have one other hobby, but two🤦‍♂️Both of which are what we call the outside.

And if you believe that i am tired of games, you know absolutely nothing about me. I am tired of garbage, not games.

You are tired of games because you don't play games. 😂🤣

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jaydan

@hardwenzen: Anyone that says a "you don't know anything about me" to strangers on the internet gets a big "no shit, Sherlock" from me.

You state the most obvious to the rest cause your ego is challenged when a stranger tells you there's a whole world outside your doorstep.

Does going outside instead of shitposting 24/7 really challenge you that much?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 hardwenzen

@Pedro said:
@hardwenzen said:

You are tired of games because you don't play games. 😂🤣

But i play Returnal on youtube. Why would you laugh at that?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By hardwenzen

@jaydan said:

@hardwenzen: Anyone that says a "you don't know anything about me" to strangers on the internet gets a big "no shit, Sherlock" from me.

You state the most obvious to the rest cause your ego is challenged when a stranger tells you there's a whole world outside your doorstep.

Does going outside instead of shitposting 24/7 really challenge you that much?

When a stranger assumes, you give him a "no shit, Sherlock" answer, because proving anything to said stranger is nothing else but a waste of time.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By jaydan

@hardwenzen: Tail between your legs response much? You took the turn for the serious, you're getting philosophical now to preserve your dignity.

So sorry, didn't mean to hurt you.