70% OF ResetEra Voted they will NOT switch to X-Series if its Online is free and PS5's is paid.

• 126 results
Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#51 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

It'll definitely make some people switch (if true) but tbh, the most popular multiplayer games are F2P which isn't behind the PSN+ paywall anyways.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5519 Posts

Who cares about that site? It's a hive of idiots. I refuse to engage with anything they say.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 Fedor  Online
Member since 2015 • 7276 Posts

@ps5rulez:

ps5rulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56 ps5rulez
Member since 2020 • 456 Posts

xbox series x is making memory cards great again lol, except you can put your games on it easier to take it to your friends house than ps5 hdd lol, which isnt a slot loading ssd card like xbox.

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By warmblur
Member since 2017 • 5526 Posts

@ps5rulez said:

Glad imma fucking xennial 1984,. not a fucking millenial i got to see gaming go from being great to complete shit im not just being grumpy like some old man i've seen it all before and im telling u the goddamn truth.

. Xennials are described as having had an analog childhood and a digital adulthood.

Exactly!

Same man I was born in the early 80's it was awesome seeing gaming grow but not only that I'm so glad I was a teenager in the 90's we had amazing music no stupid social media and real arcades not that Dave and Busters trash.

ps5rulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 ps5rulez

@warmblur: ya

ps5rulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By ps5rulez

sega is still making new arcade games like house of the dead scarlet dawn and daytona 3/2017 and rawthrills another company respect goes out to them trying to keep arcades still alive somewhat tho.

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By warmblur
Member since 2017 • 5526 Posts

@ps5rulez said:

sega is still making new arcade games like house of the dead scarlet dawn and daytona 3/2017 and rawthrills another company respect goes out to them trying to keep arcades still alive somewhat tho.

It's cool that they are still trying to keep them alive but it will never be even close to what we had back in the day of course.

ps5rulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 ps5rulez

of course you can buy external hdd's but, xbox series x default ssd is like an old fucking memory card man and it loads into slot in the back of the console, you can just pop that shit out real quick like some micro sd card, bring it to your friends house. If you use external hdd you will have to install it to the consoles main hdd, im sure ps5 same way, ya ps5 probley will let you use any pcie 4.0 nvme ssd, but eh it wont be as simple as xbox like an actual card you just pop into back.

ps5 probley will have some trap door you pop out and gotta screw nvme ssd in like ps3/ps4 type shit.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3297 Posts

ResetEra = sjws

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63  Edited By jeezers
Member since 2007 • 4894 Posts

Resetera is filled with weebs, wouldnt base anything off that site, surprised its not even higher in sonys favor tbh

ps5rulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 ps5rulez

proprietary has some advantages sometimes lol for example above ps5 ssd will be more like off the shelf pc nvme ssd im sure, instead of proprietary memory card style like xbox.

ps5rulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ps5rulez

its like xbox360 kinda, it was easier to swap hdd's on xbox360 than ps3 or just pop one off take to friends house no different even tho it was proprietary design kinda the shell atleast how it hooked up.

ps3 you had to pop the back of the console off and unscrew it to swap hdd's or try to put it in your friends ps3 lol.

will be no different with ps5/xbox series x.

taking your games on the go to play on another console out of the box will be easier on xbox than ps5.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 405 Posts

another crap post by the OP

I would expect a poll that was geared towards current PS users to be heavily slanted towards staying with Sony

The same way I expect a poll aimed at XBox users to be heavily slanted towards XBOX

also not a scientific poll so it is as useful as used toilet paper

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 405 Posts

@onesiphorus: nothing "probable" about that poll.. it is entirely unscientific. The polled subjects are not a controlled set (i.e. anyone can answer and those people then can create multiple accounts and answer again)

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11001 Posts

Why would they?

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 3409 Posts

@regnaston said:

@onesiphorus: nothing "probable" about that poll.. it is entirely unscientific. The polled subjects are not a controlled set (i.e. anyone can answer and those people then can create multiple accounts and answer again)

If a poll's methodology is unscientific, just take it with a grain of salt. Unfortunately, some people take the results of unscientific polls seriously. They should not.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#71  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 6176 Posts

At least the alts are trying to keep this place alive. As far as polls.. meh. Let me see a country by country poll with at least 1 million random people polled from every corner of their map. Still wouldn't tell the whole story, but would likely get within 5-10% on either end of the spectrum.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 3606 Posts

@xantufrog: There is blatantly racist language on page 2 by @ps5rulez: in this thread.

I'm not sure why you mods are keeping this fool around, but I think that should be the deal-breaker for this troll.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#73  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 13388 Posts

@jaydan: it's absolutely not acceptable, and appropriate actions will of course be taken. However, please note: near as I can tell this was only flagged 19 minutes ago. FYI: I don't check the flag queue every minute

LandCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 LandCrab
Member since 2020 • 49 Posts

Ps5 is basically only going to be selling on brand like Apple products

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Phlop_Spencer  Online
Member since 2020 • 396 Posts

Holy shit look at all these salty ass lems in here Ahahahahahahahah

ProtossRushX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 ProtossRushX
Member since 2007 • 6433 Posts

@WitIsWisdom said:

At least the alts are trying to keep this place alive. As far as polls.. meh. Let me see a country by country poll with at least 1 million random people polled from every corner of their map. Still wouldn't tell the whole story, but would likely get within 5-10% on either end of the spectrum.

Bro im not an alt tho I'm one of OG here.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 56291 Posts

Yeah, not much more to be said. ResetEra, and a non-scientific poll as people have said. Whilst I wouldn't disagree with the overall result, it's just shrug-worthy.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#78  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 6176 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

Bro im not an alt tho I'm one of OG here.

I actually wasn't referring to you man. Good to see people taking different approaches to keeping the place kicking. Just wouldn't be System Wars without all the monikers that you really only find here.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#79 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 1305 Posts

@ps5rulez said:

the gaming world is dead, no highend arcade games anymore, no highend pc games anymore all we are stuck with is overly monetized console peasantry.

lol make the great gaming depression great again.

hell we're already in it.

AFAIK mobile is taking over. Consoles might be slowly waning too, I think since DS handheld era and PS2 era.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 3606 Posts

@xantufrog said:

@jaydan: it's absolutely not acceptable, and appropriate actions will of course be taken. However, please note: near as I can tell this was only flagged 19 minutes ago. FYI: I don't check the flag queue every minute

Lol sorry for getting pushy. My red alert went off the moment I saw blatantly racist conduct.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 13388 Posts

@jaydan: no worries - just wanted to make sure you understood we hadn't just left the place to the dogs (although I'm sure many would argue it's close)

Oemenia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Oemenia
Member since 2003 • 10409 Posts

Also on ResetEra

"M$ is making Gold free because they are evil. Sony charge for Plus because they do it for gaming!"

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 5698 Posts

People ITT are interpreting this poll incorrectly.

This thread title here (perhaps on purpose based on the TC), suggests that the Resetera poll is sampled from a neutral pool of gamers, and devided between Xbox and Playstation, and that 70% of this neutral pool chose Playstation. In reality, the poll is sampled from self identified PS4 owners, making the headline here "30% of current PS4 owners will switch to Xbox Series X next gen"

These polls are not scientific, but extrapolating to scale would suggest that roughly 33 million PS4 owners would switch sides. The current gap would close by 33 million, solely by making Xbox Live free. That wouldn't eliminate the gap entirely, but by itself, its not nothing.

I'll never understand how Cows developed this unearned sense of "Playstation exceptionalism" and the premise that a Microsoft that controls, leads, and defines the cultural zeitgeist in the way they did in the 360 era is something permanently off the table and PS5's supremacy is inevitable. A weaker Microsoft than today, unseated a far, far stronger Sony than today, in the 7th gen with the Xbox 360. A Sony that controlled FAR more of the market than they do right now. An incumbent market leader who outsold MS 6:1 the previous gen. The idea that that is off the table to ever happen again, when the gap is even smaller now, is ridiculous.

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 1612 Posts

@xmasturcheefxx: 83/100 is underwhelming. Ok then. Sorry kid, most people don't care about Xbox games anymore especially after halos underwhelming reveal. That was actually underwhelming

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 1612 Posts

@saltslasher: the games aren't better to most people. Halo gears Forza was relevant in 2007. Only xbots care about those franchises now. At least Sony makes new IPs and franchises

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#86 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 25423 Posts

Enthusiast forums are not really good sources for stats meant to be applied to the industry at large.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 4238 Posts

All this talk of switching baffles me just where the games are at.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#88 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 5662 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/playstation-gamers-if-ms-gets-rid-of-the-online-paywall-and-sony-doesnt-how-will-that-affect-your-purchasing-next-gen.259437/

Is the next-gen war already over?

This poll friggin scares me.

Brands are a powerful thing in the gaming world it would seem. Free online, BC, none of it resonating with the hardcore gamers. They want games they want big hitters. They want a name they can trust.

Microsoft even do huge big swingy things is just not making splash or even a ripple in the PS5 wake.

It seems like its over before it even has begun.

What can Microsoft even do anymore? The poll says it all. Xbox people, what is going on through head when you read these numbers? Should Phil retire I mean isn't his job to get these people on xbox?

I mean with the 360 they were neck and neck with ps3, why can't that happen again is the brand severely tarnished after the xbox one?

This thread backfired pretty hard. 10% of ps4 owners buying an xsx instead of a ps5 because of free online is pretty huge.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#89 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 7503 Posts
  • XSX is more powerful
  • XSX has BC
  • XSX has free online

And yet PS5 will still be better, because of the better games.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 13283 Posts

If $40 (the price PS Plus/XBL are constantly on sale for) per year is the deciding factor for someone of which console to buy then they probably shouldn't be considering buying $500 luxury items to begin with.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#91 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 41057 Posts

The free online has not been confirmed. I think some of you are reacting as if this has been made official. If, I am mistaken feel free to correct me.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 31998 Posts

@sealionact said:

This thread backfired pretty hard. 10% of ps4 owners buying an xsx instead of a ps5 because of free online is pretty huge.

110 millions - 9.3% = 99.77 millions.

And the xbox still losses.

That is if that 9.3% would translante into real people and if that didn't include butthurt lemmings who didn't own a PS and didn't plan on getting one anyway but still voted as PS fans.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So it is nothing and you are trying to make it look HUGE.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 sealionact

@tormentos said:
@sealionact said:

110 millions - 9.3% = 99.77 millions.

And the xbox still losses.

That is if that 9.3% would translante into real people and if that didn't include butthurt lemmings who didn't own a PS and didn't plan on getting one anyway but still voted as PS fans.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So it is nothing and you are trying to make it look HUGE.

10m switching is huge. 110m vs 50m becomes 100 vs 60 based on free online alone....and that doesn't include the millions in the poll who will now buy an xsx as well as a ps5....that 10% was the amount who would buy an xsx instead of a ps5 Ms's decision if it happens has been justified already, and this thread backfired.

As always on the Cow farm, polls are to be taken seriously when they are in Sony's favour and to be dismissed when not....right?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 tormentos

@sealionact said:

10m switching is huge. 110m vs 50m becomes 100 vs 60 based on free online alone....and that doesn't include the millions in the poll who will now buy an xsx as well as a ps5....that 10% was the amount who would buy an xsx instead of a ps5 Ms's decision if it happens has been justified already, and this thread backfired.

As always on the Cow farm, polls are to be taken seriously when they are in Sony's favour and to be dismissed when not....right?

No is not in fact you can give those 10 millions right now and the xbox one still would lose,and not only that it would still be some 26 million behind what the xbox 360 sold.

The thread didn't backfire is not even 70 vs 30% here is 9.3% as the rest of the options still would get a PS5,oh and again this is given for good that not a single butthurt lemming in resetera voted in favor of gatting a series X just to help the odds of the xbox.

So if you want to take this poll serious 90% would still get a PS5 while less than 10% will change for the xbox.

But i think againg that you people are jumping the gun on something that is not even confirm it.

Even 30 million gold acounts at $60 dollars is close to 2 billion dollars,i don't think MS will give that up,i however think they will merge XBL with Gamepass which would be a nice idea,which also sony already does and before MS did,as if you pay for PS Now you don't need PSN+ to play online.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#95 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 45973 Posts

Why should anyone care what the echo chamber on reeee-era thinks?

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 5708 Posts

Not just that specific site but gaming sites in general as it is highly dubious to make such a prediction based on so little.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 5149 Posts

Casuals, who rule the industry, aren’t properly represented in this poll.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 sealionact

@tormentos said:
@sealionact said:

No is not in fact you can give those 10 millions right now and the xbox one still would lose,and not only that it would still be some 26 million behind what the xbox 360 sold.

The thread didn't backfire is not even 70 vs 30% here is 9.3% as the rest of the options still would get a PS5,oh and again this is given for good that not a single butthurt lemming in resetera voted in favor of gatting a series X just to help the odds of the xbox.

So if you want to take this poll serious 90% would still get a PS5 while less than 10% will change for the xbox.

But i think againg that you people are jumping the gun on something that is not even confirm it.

Even 30 million gold acounts at $60 dollars is close to 2 billion dollars,i don't think MS will give that up,i however think they will merge XBL with Gamepass which would be a nice idea,which also sony already does and before MS did,as if you pay for PS Now you don't need PSN+ to play online.

Does PSnow include PSN+? Nope.

Even XBL merged with GP would be a killer deal above anything Sony has to offer at that price. When you add Xcloud at no extra cost, comparisons are silly.

There is none.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 tormentos

@sealionact:

If you pay for PS now you dont need to pay for PSN+ to play online yes it is already like that

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#100 mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 1355 Posts

Some people aren't that dumb. Why buy Xbox when you can play Xbox games on PC ( soon on mobiles or else )