59% of Cyberpunk 2077's 8 million preorders were from PC!

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11811 Posts

Yup CD Projekt announced that Cyberpunk 2077 is the biggest PC launch ever with 59% of the 8 million preorders coming from the PC platform. Not too surprising since the game is popular in China and China had the most preorders out of all countries. One third of the preorders are from GOG and the game made over $50 million in revenue on Steam in the first two weeks so now copies sold through Steam now give CD Projekt an 80% cut instead of a 70-75% cut.

This is great news that such an anticipated blockbuster title sold the most on PC as most would expect it to be the consoles that sell the most.

PC Pirate Race!

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16591 Posts

see the thing is, that means 41% ordered for consoles, and thats the crap ps4/xbox1 versions. The next gen version hasn't even released yet, and when that does, the consoles will sell 3 or 4 times the PC version. Nobody wants to spend $1000 to buy a video card just to play on the PC.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

see the thing is, that means 41% ordered for consoles, and thats the crap ps4/xbox1 versions. The next gen version hasn't even released yet, and when that does, the consoles will sell 3 or 4 times the PC version. Nobody wants to spend $1000 to buy a video card just to play on the PC.

Source?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58484 Posts

@jasonofa36 said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

Source?

People, please....calm down.

PC, console...it's important to remember, the game runs like shit on everything. We are in this together!

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#5 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15989 Posts

Ah damn 41% playing one of the worst releases of the year

LAtech84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LAtech84
Member since 2017 • 644 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1: So this game is not playable on PS5 or XSX at all? and If it is, does it not get any performance boost like allot of the other back compatible games do?

Avatar image for sheevpalpamemes
SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SheevPalpamemes
Member since 2020 • 2192 Posts

Everyone knows cyberpunk is best on ps5. This is why ps5 goes for so much from collectors on eBay.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

1 of those was me I'm not playing this on my base xb1 or ps4 im outie im going PC.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

dude 41% split between two huge eco systems with xbox one ps4 vs PC thats bad and you can play the games on ps5 or x-series x so those people will get free upgrades anyway. PC is supposed to be more niche and open and "enthusiast platform and its destroying 2 consoles that looks friggin horrible for Sony Microsoft get your act together get people excited what are you doing your losing to a supposive niche platform thats sick (and makes you look bad). You are basically the niche now thats how i see it looking at data consoles the niche compared to pc look at the sales numbers here ones bigger the others smaller.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#10 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@jasonofa36 said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

Source?

PC, console...it's important to remember, the game runs like shit on everything. We are in this together!

lol..

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56351 Posts

Its important to remember that the genre "Cyberpunk" is a popular thing in China which makes sense for 2077 to be selling well over there and even in the U.S for that matter. The game is best played on PC with KB/M anyway and getting the game stable is what it takes and so far, I'm enjoying it too. Oh and I'm one of those who preorder the game in GoG.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
deactivated-5fd4737f5f083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
Member since 2018 • 937 Posts

I feel bad for the 41% who have to play this on console.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46596 Posts

Good to see CDPR getting a bigger take from the Steam revenue.

Thanks pirate race!

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

That’s a lot of suckers who bought this game on consoles.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11256 Posts

41% of buyers got fucked hard. Man, you have my condolences.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44247 Posts

Whole lotta buyers remorse going on out there. :P

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@Juub1990: I bought it on console. It’s not “unplayable” as PC gamers say, but there are some interesting bugs. Same as the bugs encountered on PC. Nothing CD Projekt Red can’t fix with an update.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#18 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I chipped in.... sorry I'll see myself out.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@ButDuuude: Depends what console. It’s under the standard of what is considered playable on PS4 and I imagine X1. It’s acceptable on PS4 Pro and above.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 NoodleFighter
@ProtossRushX said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

dude 41% split between two huge eco systems with xbox one ps4 vs PC thats bad and you can play the games on ps5 or x-series x so those people will get free upgrades anyway. PC is supposed to be more niche and open and "enthusiast platform and its destroying 2 consoles that looks friggin horrible for Sony Microsoft get your act together get people excited what are you doing your losing to a supposive niche platform thats sick (and makes you look bad). You are basically the niche now thats how i see it looking at data consoles the niche compared to pc look at the sales numbers here ones bigger the others smaller.

The denial is strong with him. What makes him think that two platforms that don't even have 10 million units sold on yet and likely won't until its been a full year will somehow outsell the PC by 3 or 4 times despite the PS4 and Xbox One which have 110 million and 51 million units sold not being able to outsell the PC platform. The game is already playable on PS5 and Series X too. This game is also popular in China which ensures that the game will continue to have strong sales on the PC.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#21 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70242 Posts

I guess this good. Never understood fanboys obsession with sales.

Bond007uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Bond007uk
Member since 2002 • 1648 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Runs alright on my PC thanks. It'll only get better on my machine. As for base Xbox and PS4, don't see much hope really.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#23 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59288 Posts

Finally, we're relevant. We mean something.

Cyberpunk is an excellent console port.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

I hate consistent glitches and bugs so I'll wait till its better on consoles...not like I can even get a ps5 at this point.

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

@NoodleFighter: Not surprising everyone knows this game wouldn't run on last gen consoles.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61526 Posts

Good for CDPR. The game is great, but the bugs can get tiresome.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8505 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

They couldn't outsell PCs with the huge install base of 120-130M+ but they will out sell it shortly with a non-existent install base when in reality console game sales almost always crawls to a halt after laucnh window unlike PCs.

Sorry son, people are already buying $1000 GPU and will be buying for a forseeable future. I'm sorry AMD has a dud for $1000.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By PC_Rocks
@Juub1990 said:

That’s a lot of suckers who bought this game on consoles.

Well the same suckers made majority of GTA V sales possible.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17456 Posts

Game looks ridiculous on pc with RT Ultra

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44657 Posts

Digital wins, suck it physical scum.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By blaznwiipspman1

@pc_rocks: yes it will and the thing about pc gamers, you need $1000 GPU to play a game. A game that turns out to be a sad sack of a mess with bugs so bad that the ratings dropped to a 70%. Most console gamers just see this and laugh because they will get a cleaned up and optimized version. It might not be as pretty but it will look great, especially on the XsX and PS5.

The consoles have long legs, especially now with the start of the new gen. Theres going to be lots of promotions and sales down the line, and console gamers will pick it up by the tens of millions. Meanwhile pc gamers after the initial rich $1000 gpu user base has bought it, will resort to pirating or getting the game from other regions for $20.

Also I dont know what nvidia propaganda you've been swallowing but the AMD cards are hot right now, they are neck and neck with Nvidia after a long time. If you set aside ray tracing which is a gimmick, then AMD cards do better than nvidia cards performance wise. Its been a long time since we've seen something like that.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By blaznwiipspman1

@pc_rocks: you really don't understand something so simple. The next generation consoles just released as you said. They have maybe 3 or 4 million sales total at this point, and are at their growth phase. Its all exponential growth from here and there aren't any real next generation games to satisfy the new consoles. Most games are ports or remakes designed for last gen.

Cyberpunk will be one of the first next gen games to release on next gen consoles. And it has critical acclaim, reviews and hype. As more and more people pick up the new consoles during the growth phase, cyberpunk will be one of the main games they get.

LAtech84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LAtech84

@blaznwiipspman1: I don't really care much about sales between PC and console, just hope it sells well enough between the two for them to keep making games, but I must say all of the cleaned up and optimized game that will be done later on Ps5 and XSX will also be done on PC as well and if you play it at 1440P or 1080P you can play it well with a $400 GPU, but yes it is really hard right now in it's current state at 4K ultra settings. I can tell you are a huge console fan and that is fine, but PC can play it well without spending that much if you play at lower resolutions or lower settings like medium which is still enjoyable because of the higher frame rate than current consoles with the lower cost PC hardware I mentioned and still looks pretty good, just not as good as ultra. I am sure it will be great in the future on PS5 and XSX as well and am not hating on the consoles at all, but am just saying you don't have to spend that much to enjoy it on PC and get good performance and decent visuals. I always say play on what you like but no need to give misinformation or insult other platforms just because they are not your preference. Please enjoy it on consoles as we are all gamers at the end of the day. Thanks.

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

One thing is for sure, console players are not happy. Glad I picked this up on PC for cheap.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 NoodleFighter

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@pc_rocks: yes it will and the thing about pc gamers, you need $1000 GPU to play a game. A game that turns out to be a sad sack of a mess with bugs so bad that the ratings dropped to a 70%. Most console gamers just see this and laugh because they will get a cleaned up and optimized version. It might not be as pretty but it will look great, especially on the XsX and PS5.

The consoles have long legs, especially now with the start of the new gen. Theres going to be lots of promotions and sales down the line, and console gamers will pick it up by the tens of millions. Meanwhile pc gamers after the initial rich $1000 gpu user base has bought it, will resort to pirating or getting the game from other regions for $20.

Also I dont know what nvidia propaganda you've been swallowing but the AMD cards are hot right now, they are neck and neck with Nvidia after a long time. If you set aside ray tracing which is a gimmick, then AMD cards do better than nvidia cards performance wise. Its been a long time since we've seen something like that.

The game is straight up unplayable on base consoles with sub 30 fps hitting the teens at dynamic 900p. At least on a minimum requirement spec PC you'll actually get over 30fps at 1080p. Also the game is at 77% percent positive on Steam now and the consoles suffer from the same bugs while having worse performance on top of it. Enjoy waiting for that "optimized" version.

If the consoles have long legs then The Witcher 3 sales wouldn't have declined on consoles year over year while the PC version's continued to grow. Lot's of PC gamers are holding out on getting the game until there is more RTX 3000 cards in stock. What makes you think all of the "initial $1000 GPU" userbase got it? The mid range demographic is much larger on PC once the RTX 3060 Ti becomes more available and other cards such as the RTX 3060 come out more people will be able to get access to $400 and below GPUs that can play the game better than the consoles including next gen.

Of course you call ray tracing a gimmick since AMD is one generation behind Nvidia in it and charge the same price for weaker RT performance. Cyberpunk 2077 is the flagship title for ray tracing now making almost everyone that didn't care for it at first now a believer.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 PC_Rocks

@blaznwiipspman1:

Sorry son, all your fantasies will just remain fantasies for the reasons already outlined. Console gamers aren't gonna laugh or hold out. You people eat up yearly CoD, AC and brag about cinematic frame rates. GTA V was the highest selling game while running like sh*t.

All the sales are front loaded and you have pretty much already seen the peak. Oh and you don't need $1000 GPU to destroy these next gen toys. They can't even stand up to 2060-2060S. Keep crying! Oh and I won't be brushing aside next-gen features to give AMD a pass. Sorry, the usual excuse of 'but if you don't count this, this and this. It wins' doesn't fly.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 blaznwiipspman1

@latech84 said:

@blaznwiipspman1: I don't really care much about sales between PC and console, just hope it sells well enough between the two for them to keep making games, but I must say all of the cleaned up and optimized game that will be done later on Ps5 and XSX will also be done on PC as well and if you play it at 1440P or 1080P you can play it well with a $400 GPU, but yes it is really hard right now in it's current state at 4K ultra settings. I can tell you are a huge console fan and that is fine, but PC can play it well without spending that much if you play at lower resolutions or lower settings like medium which is still enjoyable because of the higher frame rate than current consoles with the lower cost PC hardware I mentioned and still looks pretty good, just not as good as ultra. I am sure it will be great in the future on PS5 and XSX as well and am not hating on the consoles at all, but am just saying you don't have to spend that much to enjoy it on PC and get good performance and decent visuals. I always say play on what you like but no need to give misinformation or insult other platforms just because they are not your preference. Please enjoy it on consoles as we are all gamers at the end of the day. Thanks.

Good post, and I agree with your sentiment, but the OP was about sales, I'm not being a hater just saying that hes wrong. He thinks consoles won't pick up sales after this point, and hes sadly mistaken. Just wait, as the next gen consoles pick up steam, and CDPR actually releases a cleaned up version for XsX and PS5, alot more people will pick it up, including myself.

I don't have any issues with PC gaming, but I do feel like its extremely expensive to get into. You say to get a $400 card, but those $400 cards will barely play 1440p or 1080p as you said. Its just simpler to get a console and hook it up to the tv. The developers will actually provide alot more optimizations for consoles because thats their bread and butter. I'm not a huge console fan either, I just prefer it now playing on my 65 inch tv, having game pass and not worrying about resolutions, bugs and crashes. I still play some games on my PC too, and other devices.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 blaznwiipspman1

@pc_rocks said:

@blaznwiipspman1:

Sorry son, all your fantasies will just remain fantasies for the reasons already outlined. Console gamers aren't gonna laugh or hold out. You people eat up yearly CoD, AC and brag about cinematic frame rates. GTA V was the highest selling game while running like sh*t.

All the sales are front loaded and you have pretty much already seen the peak. Oh and you don't need $1000 GPU to destroy these next gen toys. They can't even stand up to 2060-2060S. Keep crying! Oh and I won't be brushing aside next-gen features to give AMD a pass. Sorry, the usual excuse of 'but if you don't count this, this and this. It wins' doesn't fly.

Should have known from your username lol. So what if people like playing CoD and GTAV, thats like saying all PC gamers play the same shit WoW expansion, Dota2 and League for the last 20 years. Stay in your lane.

The next gen consoles are around the 2080ti in the case of the XsX and the 2070 for the PS5. Stay salty my friend.

Also i'm not brushing aside anything but its the truth that RT is gimmicky af right now.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 NoodleFighter

@blaznwiipspman1: A $400 GPU can barely play it at 1440P? This video shows a RTX 3060 Ti playing the game at 1080p and 1440p with RT on and Ultra graphics with 60fps average.

Loading Video...

There is no special optimization that consoles get that PC doesn't nowadays. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that the base consoles are running a lot of visuals at settings lower than PCs low. Consoles aren't their bread and butter for this game, the PC is. Hook up to a TV argument? C'mon man it ain't 2005, hooking a PC up to a TV is just as easy. Worry about resolution? You don't even have a choice in it, you're stuck with whatever the developers give you.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 PC_Rocks

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

Should have known from your username lol. So what if people like playing CoD and GTAV, thats like saying all PC gamers play the same shit WoW expansion, Dota2 and League for the last 20 years. Stay in your lane.

The next gen consoles are around the 2080ti in the case of the XsX and the 2070 for the PS5. Stay salty my friend.

Also i'm not brushing aside anything but its the truth that RT is gimmicky af right now.

Sure they are that's why PS5 got beaten by a now two year old laptop in UE5 demo. Keep crying and hoping, none of the fantasies are going to come true.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 NoodleFighter

@blaznwiipspman1: Here is the RTX 3060 Ti running the game at 1080p and 1440p with Ultra settings and ray tracing on getting 60fps average. There you go a $400 GPU having no problem running the game at 1440p.

Loading Video...

There is no special optimization nowadays that consoles can get that PC doesn't aside from having visual settings turned down lower than what is available on PC. It ain't 2004, hooking a PC up to a TV is as easy as it is with consoles.

It has already been proven that the Xbox Series X is not on par with the RTX 2080 Ti the actually GPU and RTX 3070 will run games much better than the Series X. The Xbox Series X is at best between the 2080 and 2080 Super in rasterization. When ray tracing plays a huge factor in the game the GPUs end up being weaker than the 2060 Super in overall performance. Don't be surprised if a RTX 2060 Super beats the Series X and PS5 in Cyberpunk 2077 in their ray tracing modes.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44657 Posts

I am playing it on XSX and haven't had too bad of anything happen. Mainly just design issues. I have seen more UI menu glitches mentioned on YouTube streams I watch.

For myself, this game has a graphics image HDR calibration and I hate these, I prefer the "slide this until the dark logo is barely visible" or "slide this until the white logo disappears", those kind are easier.

LAtech84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 LAtech84

@blaznwiipspman1: Thanks for the respectful reply, I was simply trying to stay out of that argument. I think we will have to wait and see as far as how they optimize the PC VS the console versions in the future, you may be right or I may be time will tell. I totally get what you are saying and totally get where you are coming from in your post. Thanks.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 NoodleFighter

@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@latech84 said:

Good post, and I agree with your sentiment, but the OP was about sales, I'm not being a hater just saying that hes wrong. He thinks consoles won't pick up sales after this point, and hes sadly mistaken. Just wait, as the next gen consoles pick up steam, and CDPR actually releases a cleaned up version for XsX and PS5, alot more people will pick it up, including myself.

I don't have any issues with PC gaming, but I do feel like its extremely expensive to get into. You say to get a $400 card, but those $400 cards will barely play 1440p or 1080p as you said. Its just simpler to get a console and hook it up to the tv. The developers will actually provide alot more optimizations for consoles because thats their bread and butter. I'm not a huge console fan either, I just prefer it now playing on my 65 inch tv, having game pass and not worrying about resolutions, bugs and crashes. I still play some games on my PC too, and other devices.

Here is the RTX 3060 Ti playing the game with at 1440p ultra graphics and ray tracing on with 60fps average

Loading Video...

LAtech84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 LAtech84

@NoodleFighter: Thanks for the link, Yes it looks like it runs great on a 3060 Ti $400 GPU, which I think is great and I am excited about how much better performance you get now with the 30 series GPU's vs the 20 series such a better value and very exciting. I also look forward to the rest of the lineup down to 3050, should be amazing for the price, I am very excited for the future of PC gaming and PC gaming hardware.

SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SheevPalpamemes

Most of pre-orders were probably pirated copies.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#47 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59288 Posts

@sheevpalpamemes said:

Most of pre-orders were probably pirated copies.

Most likely.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#48 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

Fantastic news! This finally shows that it's easier to convince bigwigs to dump PS5 with Zenimax games and lock it down for PC-Xbox only. Exciting times ahead.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#49 Ghosts4ever  Online
Member since 2015 • 25045 Posts

Only PC version is good/Best. the only game where PC version is only one that matters.

SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SheevPalpamemes

@ghosts4ever:

Pc hasn’t been relevant since world of Warcraft came out.

Most sales are so people can use Microsoft word or use their sewing programs.