5 years ago MS didn't allowed cross-play with Sony. Why Sony should allow that now?

• 162 results
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#101 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@tormentos said:
@cainetao11 said:

The thing is, MS has changed, like the civil rights of humans. I also didn't say I agreed there, just that I learned something. You know nothing is odd because you're a shameless cow, you do the same thing.

That's the point. Things change, people change. Sony wont now. And when Sony does change in the future, we can all say we understand if MS says no because Sony did in this instance. And that is how nothing changes. People pointing at the past and saying "look what they used to do!!"

No this is not about civil rights,this is about a company who changed its policies to give a false impression and try to win the consumer favor,i don't blame them either i would do the same if i was on MS shoes been honest.

But people attacking this should not is they did not attack MS as well.

How would it have been a true impression? So corporations that change their ways about anything are all just being false? Or just the ones tormentos doesn't like? People should do as they wish, not live by mine or your dictations.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#102 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@gago-gago said:

Has there ever been a PlayStation console that cross-played with another console that's not a PlayStation ever before?

According to GameboyTroy the PS4 is doing it with Nintendo (don't know what) wit Dragon Quest X

Thanks. Briefly searched online and can't figure it which Nintendo console too.

@mowgly1 said:

@gago-gago:

Dragon Quest

Nice. Do you know exactly which Dragon Quest game and which PlayStation console and other console could the PlayStation cross-play with?

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#103 PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

@pinkanimal: lol Yeah sure whatever. You know damn well that this is about PSN being open for cross platform play with players in games that are also on the Xbox One and Nintendo platforms.

Oh so now you're moving goalposts. Why are lemmings such hypocrites? You cried because Sony didn't allow crossplay, turns out they have more than Nintendo and MS and now you cry because is not with MS? Don't be such a hypocrite, go cry to MS because they are so anti-gamer that they don't even have as many crossplay games as Sony.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 PinkAnimal

@cainetao11 said:
@pinkanimal said:
@cainetao11 said:
@pinkanimal said:
@cainetao11 said:

@pinkanimal: Well @GameboyTroy seems to disagree. Playstation 4 Crossplay list:

Rocket League (PC & PS4), Street Fighter 5 (PC & PS4), Dragon Quest X (Nintendo & PS4), Final Fantasy XIV (PC, PS3,PS4), WarThunder (PC & PS4), DCuniverse (PC & PS4), Paragon (PC & PS4), Gwent (PC & PS4

I honestly don't know, as I don't play Dragon Quest X. But clearly he says it does. Intellect lol. Sony has been hacked before any of this lol, and whether you feel they can control better or not cross playing with PC is still a risk. Willing to take them in some places but not others is clearly a decision based on business philosophy. I call MS out for it, the reporter that interviewed Ryan was on him about the legitimacy of this excuse also. Remember when you told me I'm a shill that believes whatever Spencer says? LOL ? hi pot!! http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-13-sony-defends-decision-to-block-cross-play-with-xbox-one-and-nintendo-switch

And what all those have in common except for Dragon Quest X? They are all with PC, like I said so 99% of your examples are even supporting my point. Controlling the connection with PC could be a very big deal for Sony, they couldn't control the same with MS if they require to connect with their services that Sony has no control whatsoever on a technical or legal level. I don't know how it works in Dragon Quest but you can also connect to another system peer to peer which wouldn't have any major legal risk involved and the technical part is also pretty controllable. The problem is when data is logged, stored and managed by the system from another company a whole bunch of legal and technical issues come up. I'm not making excuses, I'm making rational inferences based on the knowledge we have but you seem incapable of doing that. It could perfectly well be that Sony does it for other reasons apart from security but their security excuse could also be part of the issue here, it simply makes sense.

No, what you said is this

Why do you find the need to lie lemming? Is it so difficult to be honest? Sony doesn't crossplay with Nintendoso your whole premise is BS like usual.

Why are YOU lying COWard?

I wasn't aware of that but actually I can't find it anywhere. Do you have the link where it says DQX is cross-platform between 3DS and PS4 or are you lying again?

As I said, I don't play those games. But whether it is or isn't doesn't negate the fact you just lied after asking me is being honest so difficult. You didn't say 99% of my examples prove your point. You said Sony doesn't crossplay with Nintendo.

You and gowly have been going crazy with the word HYPOCRITE today. Well it sure fits here, liar.

I didn't lie, you're just being a hypocrite and dishonest as usual. If Sony doesn't have crossplay with Nintendo it appears you are the liar then. Where is the proof that Sony and Nintendo have crossplay you hypocrite?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#105  Edited By Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44133 Posts

@pinkanimal: Don't give that horseshit. This is about PSN letting players from Xbox and Nintendo's platforms play together in games like Minecraft and Rocket League. This isn't simply just about crossplay between one console and PC so don't give me that udder bs about "goal post moving".

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 cainetao11

@pinkanimal: I didn't lie, you're just being a hypocrite and dishonest as usual. If Sony doesn't have crossplay with Nintendo it appears you are the liar then. Where is the proof that Sony and Nintendo have crossplay you hypocrite?

As I said from the moment I pasted GameboyTroy's list from the other thread, I don't play those games, I don't truly know. I clearly linked him so he could clarify. You still lied. You clearly said one thing and then stated you said something different. Its called lying. You call me a liar, Xbox, anyone. But when its quoted in bold type you cant own your own shit. You're a gutless turd.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 PinkAnimal

@Archangel3371 said:

@pinkanimal: Don't give that horseshit. This is about PSN letting players from Xbox and Nintendo's platforms play together in games like Minecraft and Rocket League. This isn't simply just about crossplay between one console and PC so don't give me that udder bs about "goal post moving".

This is what you said initially: "However it's a childish argument to say that Sony shouldn't go for cross platform play with all the platforms now. Get over and move on. It's something that is beneficial for gamers, developers, and the industry as a whole."

With all platforms you said hypocrite. Sony has more crossplay games than MS and Nintendo: fact. I guess the childish are others then. Go cry to MS for not being as beneficial to gamers, developers and the industry as Sony.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 PinkAnimal

@cainetao11: "I don't truly know."

Oh so since you don't know you just assume it is so. Typical hypocritical and lying lem. But anyways, my point stands and was truthful, yours was BS as usual.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Archangel3371  Online

@pinkanimal: Exactly. I said Sony should get into crossplay with all platforms so what the **** are you even talking about. List me some games where Xbox One players, Nintendo players, and PC players can all play together.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 PinkAnimal

@Archangel3371 said:

@pinkanimal: Exactly. I said Sony should get into crossplay with all platforms so what the **** are you even talking about. List me some games where Xbox One players, Nintendo players, and PC players can all play together.

So why cry that Sony needs to do this and not the others? Sony is actually ahead of the others, the others need to catch up.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Archangel3371  Online

@pinkanimal: Answer the question then. What games can players on all four major platforms play together?

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#112  Edited By speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

I don't think Microsoft wanted to work together with that shit show that PSN was back then.

Also every idiot that is against this... Have fun playing your favorite online game on consoles in 10-15 years...

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 PinkAnimal

@Archangel3371 said:

@pinkanimal: Answer the question then. What games can players on all four major platforms play together?

None, but that is hardly Sony's fault alone. MS and Nintendo could join them for FFXIV at least but we know MS policies won't allow it, not sure Nintendo's, maybe they just don't feel like it.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Archangel3371  Online

@pinkanimal: Hahahahaha Exactly, there's none and that's the whole fucking point but no you had to going running around in circles spewing nonsense.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 PinkAnimal

@Archangel3371 said:

@pinkanimal: Hahahahaha Exactly, there's none and that's the whole fucking point but no you had to going running around in circles spewing nonsense.

I don't know why you're disputing that, I never claimed there were games running on all consoles I merely claimed Sony has more crossplatform games than the other companies so if anyone is not being good to gamers and devs for not supporting crossplatforming the least guilty is Sony here.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By cainetao11

@pinkanimal said:

Oh so since you don't know you just assume it is so. Typical hypocritical and lying lem. But anyways, my point stands and was truthful, yours was BS as usual.

Why do you find the need to lie lemming? Is it so difficult to be honest? Sony doesn't crossplay with Nintendoso your whole premise is BS like usual.

then

And what all those have in common except for Dragon Quest X? They are all with PC, like I said so 99% of your examples are even supporting my point

That is a lie. Its in plain English in this thread. You said one thing, then claimed you said another. I quoted what you originally said to show what a COWard, hypocrite Liar you are. Its all there. Lets not talk anymore, ok? I don't want to be negative person and I cant help but dislike a liar.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 PinkAnimal

@cainetao11 said:
@pinkanimal said:

then

And what all those have in common except for Dragon Quest X? They are all with PC, like I said so 99% of your examples are even supporting my point

That is a lie. Its in plain English in this thread. You said one thing, then claimed you said another. I quoted what you originally said to show what a COWard, hypocrite Liar you are. Its all there. Lets not talk anymore, ok? I don't want to be negative person and I cant help but dislike a liar.

because you put up a lie yourself. I just made the mistake to think that you weren't a complete liar.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Archangel3371  Online

@pinkanimal: Just stop already. This is about having crossplay with all platforms, not just between Sony and PC, but I've said this a number of times already. You already said that there were no games that can be crossplayed on all four major platforms so why are you even carrying this conversation on for? Anyway I'm done responding to your continuing nonsense.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 cainetao11

@pinkanimal said:
@cainetao11 said:
@pinkanimal said:

then

because you put up a lie yourself. I just made the mistake to think that you weren't a complete liar.

No, I didn't by your logic.

I reposted what GameboyTroy posted. And I linked him to it in hopes the source could clarify it since I don't play those games. So as you just said above, I just made the mistake in believing GameboyTroy wasn't a complete liar, same as you claim. LOL You make this really easy, you know.

Rocket League (PC & PS4), Street Fighter 5 (PC & PS4), Dragon Quest X (Nintendo & PS4), Final Fantasy XIV (PC, PS3,PS4), WarThunder (PC & PS4), DCuniverse (PC & PS4), Paragon (PC & PS4), Gwent (PC & PS4

I honestly don't know, as I don't play Dragon Quest X. But clearly he says it does.

Its all right on this page. If that works for you, it must work for anyone, unless you're a lil bitch liar.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 PinkAnimal

@cainetao11: The difference is that I retracted my statement and checked out on my mistake while you were comfortable lying and using misinformation. No wonder you're a lemming. I'm sure you believe all MS BS quite easily and then you get owned like here when you fail to check to confirm it. Fact is, my initial statement was right and you were wrong and lying from the beginning.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 cainetao11

@pinkanimal said:

@cainetao11: The difference is that I retracted my statement and checked out on my mistake while you were comfortable lying and using misinformation. No wonder you're a lemming. I'm sure you believe all MS BS quite easily and then you get owned like here when you fail to check to confirm it. Fact is, my initial statement was right and you were wrong and lying from the beginning.

How was I comfortable lying when I clearly said I don't know, I don't play these games. GameboyTroy differs with you?

What you are dealing with is called Cognitive Dissonance: In psychology, cognitive dissonance is the mental stress or discomfort experienced by an individual who holds two or more contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values at the same time, performs an action that is contradictory to one or more beliefs, ideas or values, or is confronted by new information that conflicts with existing beliefs, ideas, or values.

You claimed you aren't a liar because you made a mistake in believing I was not. I clearly stated I was posting what GameboyTroy posted and since I do not play those games I don't know whether his post is accurate. So I am only guilty of what you claim to be. Being ignorant of the knowledge of another. But now you wish to still, in the face of Your chosen stance, try to rationalize me being a liar and somehow in the face of printed evidence, you are not. You're a fucking child.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 PinkAnimal

@cainetao11: You are a liar and dishonest because I clearly stated that Sony having crossplay with PC makes sense then you used a bunch of examples on PC to claim that I was wrong and that Sony does crossplay with others. You're a liar and a hypocrite who can't form a sound argument even if your life depended on it so you grasp the smallest thing to spin the topic and cower like a coward. In other words, you're a very good representative of the cowardly and hypocritical lemming race.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 cainetao11

@pinkanimal said:

@cainetao11: You are a liar and dishonest because I clearly stated that Sony having crossplay with PC makes sense then you used a bunch of examples on PC to claim that I was wrong and that Sony does crossplay with others. You're a liar and a hypocrite who can't form a sound argument even if your life depended on it so you grasp the smallest thing to spin the topic and cower like a coward. In other words, you're a very good representative of the cowardly and hypocritical lemming race.

How was I comfortable lying when I clearly said I don't know, I don't play these games. GameboyTroy differs with you?

What you are dealing with is called Cognitive Dissonance: In psychology, cognitive dissonance is the mental stress or discomfort experienced by an individual who holds two or more contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values at the same time, performs an action that is contradictory to one or more beliefs, ideas or values, or is confronted by new information that conflicts with existing beliefs, ideas, or values.

You claimed you aren't a liar because you made a mistake in believing I was not. I clearly stated I was posting what GameboyTroy posted and since I do not play those games I don't know whether his post is accurate. So I am only guilty of what you claim to be. Being ignorant of the knowledge of another. But now you wish to still, in the face of Your chosen stance, try to rationalize me being a liar and somehow in the face of printed evidence, you are not. You're a fucking child.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 PinkAnimal

I just see a coward with no argument. I can also copy-paste BTW :)

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 cainetao11

@pinkanimal said:

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 PinkAnimal

@cainetao11 said:
@pinkanimal said:

https://www.everydayfamily.com/speech-development-why-do-toddlers-repeat-themselves/

I'm sorry but all the evidence points to you being the child here. Copy-pasting the same thing is not only childish but cowardly but then again you're a lemming so I shouldn't expect much more.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By cainetao11

@cainetao11 said:
@pinkanimal said:

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 PinkAnimal

@cainetao11: what you are dealing with is a serious case of being a hypocrite and a liar. You also have your fair share of cognitive dissonance that comes with it like I've seen you many times being an apologist to MS, trying to justify your purchase by irrationally damage controlling which is a clear sign of cognitive dissonance. If I'm a child you're a toddler.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#129 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9726 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@pinkanimal said:
@cainetao11 said:
@pinkanimal said:

then

I reposted what GameboyTroy posted. And I linked him to it in hopes the source could clarify it since I don't play those games. So as you just said above, I just made the mistake in believing GameboyTroy wasn't a complete liar, same as you claim. LOL You make this really easy, you know.

I honestly don't know, as I don't play Dragon Quest X. But clearly he says it does.

Its all right on this page. If that works for you, it must work for anyone, unless you're a lil bitch liar.

PinkAnimal probably did not know that DQX had crossplay between the PS4 and Nintendo systems or not. PinkAnimal is probably not a liar.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 PinkAnimal

@GameboyTroy: thanks man. I haven't found anywhere where it says there's crossplay between Sony and Nintendo though but even if there is, it's probably peer to peer which doesn't invalidate my initial point about security being a legitimate reason to not allow crossplay from Sony

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By cainetao11

@GameboyTroy said:
@cainetao11 said:
@pinkanimal said:
@cainetao11 said:

then

PinkAnimal probably did not know that DQX had crossplay between the PS4 and Nintendo systems or not. PinkAnimal is probably not a liar.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA But then by your admission, I am not a liar either. If he "PROBABLY" didn't know it, why did he state in no uncertain terms THERE IS NO CROSS PLAY? If he didn't lie, and now you confirm it does have cross play, I didn't lie. But he is a little punkbitch.

Owned Bitch Pink

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 PinkAnimal

@cainetao11: oh but you lied before and after that. That one was just a small one in your sea of lies. You're still a liar and a hypocrite by any set of standards and you have made it clear several times on our interactions.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By cainetao11

@pinkanimal said:

@cainetao11: oh but you lied before and after that. That one was just a small one in your sea of lies. You're still a liar and a hypocrite by any set of standards and you have made it clear several times on our interactions.

"Oh bu bu bu bu bu" YOU GOT OWNED BITCH

You said they don't crossplay with Nintendo!! How am I lying? Now we know you were fucking lying. I don't care what his opinion is. I read the type. You lied bitch pinky

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 PinkAnimal

@cainetao11: you're a liar and a hypocrite because I was making a point as to why Sony could very well have security concerns when connecting to another company's network. You, in your every growing ignorance, said that Sony already crossplays with PC so those claims are BS. I proceeded to educate you on how the situation is different with an open platform like PC unlike a private company that controls all the connection protocols. You, being the hypocrite and coward that you are, proceeded to ignore what I taught you and post a bunch of crossplays between PS4 and PC which basically proved my point. In your desperation you also posted about a Nintendo-Sony crossplay game without checking first if it's true because you don't care about what is true (that's what liars do). Then I had to further educate you on that there are ways to connect games that don't depend on a particular infrastructure and could be peer to peer, this is not the case of MS setup which runs on their own servers and infrastructure so my argument still stands in that Sony could be concerned when they need to use the infrastructure and services from other company to host info from their customers. Being the toddler that you are and since you couldn't come up with a counter-argument you proceeded to bitch, moan and squeal like a coward and try to derail the thread towards something where your feeble mind wouldn't feel so threatened. It's simple really, you're a simple-minded fool so things are crystal clear as to why you're a liar and a hypocrite.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By cainetao11

@pinkanimal said:

@cainetao11: you're a liar and a hypocrite because I was making a point as to why Sony could very well have security concerns when connecting to another company's network. You, in your every growing ignorance, said that Sony already crossplays with PC so those claims are BS. I proceeded to educate you on how the situation is different with an open platform like PC unlike a private company that controls all the connection protocols. You, being the hypocrite and coward that you are, proceeded to ignore what I taught you and post a bunch of crossplays between PS4 and PC which basically proved my point. In your desperation you also posted about a Nintendo-Sony crossplay game without checking first if it's true because you don't care about what is true (that's what liars do). Then I had to further educate you on that there are ways to connect games that don't depend on a particular infrastructure and could be peer to peer, this is not the case of MS setup which runs on their own servers and infrastructure so my argument still stands in that Sony could be concerned when they need to use the infrastructure and services from other company to host info from their customers. Being the toddler that you are and since you couldn't come up with a counter-argument you proceeded to bitch, moan and squeal like a coward and try to derail the thread towards something where your feeble mind wouldn't feel so threatened. It's simple really, you're a simple-minded fool so things are crystal clear as to why you're a liar and a hypocrite.

And you're a liar and hypocrite because in the recent past you said I am a corporate shill and believe anything Spencer says. I linked you to the Jim Ryan interview where the interviewer even rolled his eyes at his corporate PR talk. But you just picked up the Sony torch and defended regardless. You believed and rationalized what you admitted you never even read until I linked you to it. You are a hypocrite. You are as much a corporate slave bitch as you claim anyone else on SW is.

And you lied about Sony not cross playing with another console manufacturer. I clearly said I don't know and linked Gameboy Troy. You keep avoiding that. If I said what he said while not knowing, then when you said "Sony doesn't Crossplay with Nintendo" you lied as well. But you keep trying to claim its not a lie. Well by that logic, neither is mine. That is a COGNITIVE DISSONANCE.Everyone can see it in this thread mangina boy.

My god, I saw people fail Basic combat training with more integrity than you have shown today lil strawberry

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@pinkanimal said:

And you're a liar and hypocrite because in the recent past you said I am a corporate shill and believe anything Spencer says. I linked you to the Jim Ryan interview where the interviewer even rolled his eyes at his corporate PR talk. But you just picked up the Sony torch and defended regardless. You believed and rationalized what you admitted you never even read until I linked you to it. You are a hypocrite. You are as much a corporate slave bitch as you claim anyone else on SW is.

And you lied about Sony not cross playing with another console manufacturer. I clearly said I don't know and linked Gameboy Troy. You keep avoiding that. If I said what he said while not knowing, then when you said "Sony doesn't Crossplay with Nintendo" you lied as well. But you keep trying to claim its not a lie. Well by that logic, neither is mine. That is a COGNITIVE DISSONANCE.Everyone can see it in this thread mangina boy.

My god, I saw people fail Basic combat training with more integrity than you have shown today lil strawberry

Well said.

pinkanimal = biggest hypocrite on these forums (or one of). We shouldn't bother wasting our time with him... he's just an alt account anyway. He'll disappear soon enough.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

Rocket League (PC & PS4), Street Fighter 5 (PC & PS4), Dragon Quest X (Nintendo & PS4), Final Fantasy XIV (PC, PS3,PS4), WarThunder (PC & PS4), DC universe (PC & PS4), Paragon (PC & PS4), Gwent (PC & PS4

Rocket League, there's cross play between XBO, PC and Switch. Rocket League is available for PS4

https://news.xbox.com/2016/05/24/cross-network-rocket-league-play-arrives-on-xbox-one-and-steam-pc/

https://www.vg247.com/2017/06/13/rocket-league-coming-to-switch-game-shown-in-sizzle-reel-during-nintendo-e3-2017-spotlight/

https://www.vg247.com/2017/06/14/sony-blocks-rocket-league-cross-platform-play-on-ps4-its-the-push-of-a-button-away-says-psyonix/

Minecraft, there's cross play between Switch, XBO , PC and Android. Minecraft is available for PS4

Gwent, there's cross play between XBO and PC. https://www.playgwent.com/en/faq Gwent is available for PS4. Cross buy is available for PC and XBO.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-08-20-sony-apparently-wont-allow-ark-survival-evolved-ps4-xbox-one-cross-play

My favorite ARC Survival...

This prompted someone to ask whether PS4 and Xbox One audiences would ever be able to play Ark together, to which Stieglitz replied: "We have it working internally, but currently Sony won't allow it :(." He didn't elaborate.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

I don't really care about the he said, she said. At the end of the day, I'm glad Microsoft is doing cross-play because it's great! :)

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 ronvalencia

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@cainetao11 said:
@pinkanimal said:

Well said.

pinkanimal = biggest hypocrite on these forums (or one of). We shouldn't bother wasting our time with him... he's just an alt account anyway. He'll disappear soon enough.

Disappear? There's mowgly1 and dakur.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By ronvalencia

@reduc_ab_ said:

MS still does it when the dev doesn't match their policies. They just want everthing according to their terms, and if it's not according to their terms, they block crossplay. This is what I posted in the other thread about MS blocking Fortnite crossplay:

For what it's worth, this definitely is a situation where the dev pulled crossplay because of MS's policies. From the start it was reported that way from several online journalistic sources. Below is one such source. Obviously the line in question, which states the "policy discussion with Microsoft", appeared in the original patch notes, and that is what the article was originally based on, so that is what you see. The line was later updated to remove that particular detail, which we can only assume happened because Microsoft, not wanting to look like the enemy of crossplay, pressured the dev to delete it.

https://www.trueachievements.com/n29291/latest-fortnite-patch-is-live-video-released-from-devs-sharing-plans-for-future

From the article (you have to scroll way down for the gameplay section):

"Nearly two weeks after release, the latest patch for Fortnite is now live and takes aim to alleviate any issues players are having in the game. A rather hefty patch, the full list of changes along with a list of issues currently being worked on are listed below:

Major Known Issues

Major Updates

Art

Audio

Gameplay

• Per policy discussion with Microsoft, removed ability for PC friends to join players on Xbox One
  • Phase Shift will no longer kill an Outlander if used over a Teleporter gadget.
  • Enemies now correctly detach from the Bull Rush shield when colliding with other surfaces.
  • Enemies are now always visible above the clouds on the mini map

There's several issues involved e.g.

1. out-right desktop console competition blocks. Rocket League has cross play with XBO/PC/Switch or PC/PS4.

https://www.vg247.com/2017/06/14/sony-blocks-rocket-league-cross-platform-play-on-ps4-its-the-push-of-a-button-away-says-psyonix/

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-08-20-sony-apparently-wont-allow-ark-survival-evolved-ps4-xbox-one-cross-play

2. update patch submission policies. Un-sync'ed software builds across different platforms can cause unintended software bugs. The easy way out is to drop or isolate a console platform.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By ronvalencia

@pinkanimal said:

@ronvalencia: Are you the offspring of that MS buggy AI software that went all fascist over the internet?

The similarities are striking. I think I found your father Ronbot

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tay_(bot)

Many of Tay's inflammatory tweets were a simple exploitation of Tay's "repeat after me" capability

Another non-system war post from cow dung.

My favorite, ARC Survival...

This prompted someone to ask whether PS4 and Xbox One audiences would ever be able to play Ark together, to which Stieglitz replied: "We have it working internally, but currently Sony won't allow it :(." He didn't elaborate.

Rocket League, there's cross play between XBO, PC and Switch. Rocket League is available for PS4

https://news.xbox.com/2016/05/24/cross-network-rocket-league-play-arrives-on-xbox-one-and-steam-pc/

https://www.vg247.com/2017/06/13/rocket-league-coming-to-switch-game-shown-in-sizzle-reel-during-nintendo-e3-2017-spotlight/

Deal with it.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 PinkAnimal

@ronvalencia:

""repeat after me" capability"

At least your father taught you that right. The problem is that you only learned to repeat nonsense :(

Your dear MS blocks FFXIV on xbox, deal with it spambot.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#145 iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

Damn, Sony won't allow anything. That's some greedy shit right there. I had forgotten about Rocket League.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Cross Play would be beneficial to Third Party Games and allow more risk taking for multiplayer games as the community wouldnt be split. For example, mediocre games like Evolve/Battleborn might have survived if cross play was available.

So MS/Sony would be helping devs to take more risks instead of cloning whats popular with multiplayer games.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44049 Posts

Just like their rabid, coltish fans they live up to their slogan... Phony, the one and only. :P

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By ronvalencia

@pinkanimal said:

@ronvalencia:

""repeat after me" capability"

At least your father taught you that right. The problem is that you only learned to repeat nonsense :(

Your dear MS blocks FFXIV on xbox, deal with it spambot.

MS didn't directly block FFXIV from other consoles i.e. the problem is with update patch submission policy.

Patching syncing is very important for competitive multiplayer environments. MS's patch submission policy is different from other platforms and un-sync game builds brings untended software behavior.

There's several issues involved e.g.

1. out-right desktop console competition blocks. Rocket League has cross play with XBO/PC/Switch or PC/PS4.

2. update patch submission policies. Un-sync'ed software builds across different platforms can cause unintended software bugs. The easy way out is to drop or isolate a console platform.

Try again.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 PinkAnimal

@ronvalencia: "MS didn't directly block FFXIV from other consoles i.e. the problem is with update patch submission policy."

Stop lying and being a hypocrite dumbot

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By cainetao11

@pinkanimal said:

@cainetao11: you're an idiot and a crybaby apart from a hypocrite. Explaining something is not justifying it. But since you're a child I understand that the difference goes over your head. I said that it could perfectly be that Ryan is lying or that Sony's real reasons are others apart from security but I also said that the security reason can make sense and proceeded to explain why. I know crybabies like you are foreign to how adult debates work but it's about time you start learning don't you think?

Integrity you say? Lol. You wouldn't know what that means if it hits you in the face. I have shown way more in this thread than you ever here. I, unlike you, can accommodate more than one possibility is my brain and not jump into conclusions while crying.

Your posts justified what I explained dingle berry brain. You lied, then tried to say you aren't because you believed what I posted, call me a liar while ignoring all I did was believe what Troy posted. Somehow, that's legit for you but not for me? All has been shown and justified smegmite.