5 Games you regret playing/ dissapointed you badly?

• 73 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
Member since 2020 • 1426 Posts

1.Dead Space 3 ( Gave me a splitting headache )

2.Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice ( Gave me motion sickness, nausea )

3.Wolfenstein Young Blood ( Uninstalled after max 1 Hr into it )

4. Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z ( i can't even ... its my mistake tho )

5. Killzone Shadow Fall ( What was Guerilla thinking ??? i mean touchpad controls, controls completely ruined it for me )

Well?

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Phlop_Spencer
Member since 2020 • 1476 Posts

1. Halo 5

2. Sunset Overdrive

3. Sea of Thieves

4. Recore

5. Quantum Break

edit: special mention to the Tomb Raider reboots - just an awful series.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#3 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69428 Posts
  • Uncharted 4 (Folks said it was not like Uncharted 3 and I believed them. 😑)
  • Uncharted 3 (What the hell they did to the game?)
  • God of War 3 (They went ape shit crazy with the story and the game)
  • Agatha Christie (can't remember which one but it was an awful adventure game)
  • I can't think of a fifth one.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58902 Posts

1. Rainbow 6: Vegas

As a younger person was being gifted this as a present for Christmas. Being a fan of the series, loving almost every entry prior and seeing the immensely positive reviewers, I expected greatness.

This was not the reality. It was Gears Of War with terrorists.

2. Resident Evil 4

I came to this game late. Having heard all the hype, the lavish of praise I expected greatness (again).

This was not the reality. Just shoot them in the head, kick and knife them over and over.

Terrible Ashley stealth sections, just fucking awful and a completely out of nowhere jet-ski section.

What the ****.

3. Crysis 2

Crytek thought they were the tits deserving the same recognition as Halo. They thought their target audience was holding them back from being a big bad motherfucker.

Under EA's wing, they destroyed themselves with whispers of being greater. They still exist but as a hollow shell.

4. Wolfenstein: The New Order

5. Conviction

It's straight up not a Splinter Cell game. Next-gen Double agent is shit, but that at the very least is in the same vein game.

Taken not as a Splinter Cell game, but a generic action game with stealth elements, it's ok'ish. Not amazing.

But yea, it's Ubisoft again just bastardizing a brand for more money, as they always do.

Was going to put Fear 2 on the list but I expected (more so than Crysis 2) for it to be a pile of shit.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24915 Posts

1. Tomb Raider Reboots: perfect example of how not to make game. entire game is scripted on rail but with terrible shooting and badly done stealth elements. crap.
  2. GTA5: Among the worst game ever made and most overrated game in history of gaming. its tedious, its so casual that devoid of any challenge where you take cover and shoot. the prologue is tedious. forced linear path in missions. etc.
  3. Deus Ex invisible wars: By far worst sequel ever made. it stripted everything made Deus Ex good and throw out of window. terrible game.
  4. Bioshock Infinite: It scream I am intelligent as opposed to game being intelligent.
  5. Wolfenstein 2 new colosus: Along with bioshock infinite this is worst FPS game ever made. I cant believe a video game can be this bad. its worst than any of COD game.
xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Thief reboot and Betrayal at Antara.

I don't have many regrets or huge disappointments in my book. Mild at worst

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:

1. Rainbow 6: Vegas

As a younger person was being gifted this as a present for Christmas. Being a fan of the series, loving almost every entry prior and seeing the immensely positive reviewers, I expected greatness.

This was not the reality. It was Gears Of War with terrorists.

2. Resident Evil 4

I came to this game late. Having heard all the hype, the lavish of praise I expected greatness (again).

This was not the reality. Just shoot them in the head, kick and knife them over and over.

3. Crysis 2

Crytek thought they were the tits deserving the same recognition as Halo. They thought their target audience was holding them back from being a big bad motherfucker.

Under EA's wing, they destroyed themselves with whispers of being greater. They still exists but as a hollow shell.

4. Wolfenstein: The New Order

5. Conviction

It's straight up not a Splinter Cell game. Next-gen Double agent is shit, but that at the very least is in the same vein game.

Taken not as a Splinter Cell game, but a generic action game with stealth elements, it's ok'ish. Not amazing.

But yea, it's Ubisoft again just bastardizing a brand for more money, as they always do.

Was going to put Fear 2 on the list but I expected (more so than Crysis 2) for it to be a pile of shit.

Nice list. all these games suck. never understood why people like RE4. its awful game. overrated.

anyways instead of Crysis 2, should have put Crysis 3 actually. Crysis 3 is real bad game.

btw why did you expect anything good from vegas when it looks bad from beginning with inclusion of third person wall cover and regen health? maybe we were young.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

The Darkness
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22
Resident Evil 6
Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Halo 4

Halo 5

Quantum Break

Watch Dogs

Crackdown 3

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#10 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58902 Posts

@ghosts4ever: Very curious as to why you picked the second Wolfenstein title Ghost lad.

Never played it personally, knew the first was a turd burger.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:

@ghosts4ever: Very curious as to why you picked the second Wolfenstein title Ghost lad.

Never played it personally, knew the first was a turd burger.

I would have pick first one but also having played second and its far worst. it doesnot decide if it want to be FPS or stealth game. very badly design.

even fans of original hate this very game.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2251 Posts

Fallout 4

Was somewhat fed up by the Bethesda skyrim/fallout shit games, but somehow convinced myself that this would be different, it wasn’t... just another shitty buggy game that everyone praises for some reason!

Bloodborne

Didn’t care much for demon souls, but convinced myself this would be different! It wasn’t, just another sluggish terrible looking game, that for some reason is considered good!

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts
  • Deus Ex: Invisible War. First game? One of the best games ever made. The prequels? Amazing! The second game, the sequel? Absolutely terrible. A perfect example of consolification, of dumbing down for the lowest common denominators...and don't mistake me, I don't think console gamers are dumb simpletons...but apparently publishers do.
  • Crysis 2. This was the beginning of the end for Crytek. Crysis 1 is one of the best first-person shooters ever made. Crysis 3 not so much...but it came back. But Crysis 2? Another example of consolification. Instead of doing the same except better, as any sequel should aspire to do, they....I don't know, they blew it. It just wasn't good. Didn't look as good. Didn't play as good. They added some stupid leveling/ability system because, hey, everyone else is doing it why not them *blergh*.
  • Dragon Quest XII. I remember hearing about this game, essentially unanimous praise from everyone. Now, if you know me, you know I dislike JRPG's. But I try to keep an open mind. So I thought "This. This is the game that will convert me to JRPG's!" Nope. Boring. Lame.
  • The Last of Us. So. Damn. BORING.
  • Uncharted 3....or 4....or was it 2? Doesn't matter. BORING. All boring.

Don't g et me wrong I don't hate the PS4 so those last three titles are not born of dislike for the platform, It's just disappointing because I bought the PS4 for these much-hyped exclusives (in hindsight, a terrible reason to purchase anything) only to find they were utterly underwhelming.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

Halo 5 - awful story nothing like the one they advertised in the build-up, terrible single player that felt and looked like a multiplayer lobby, cut and paste bosses and mini bosses thrown into levels seemingly as though they just couldn't think what else to do with them. Total disaster of a game.

Red Dead Redemption 2 - one of the most boring games ever made. You could barely even call it a game, devs totally absorbed in realism and simulation completely forgot they were supposed to add a game to it. Tedious, plodding, slow, agonising, not words you want to associate with a game, all apply to RDR2.

Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order - stupid story, awful characters, lacklustre environments, boring as hell melee combat system, that stupid wall running thing that the devs were obsessed with from their Titanfall games you just knew they'd plaster it all over this one and yep, they didn't disappoint.

Resident Evil 2 Remake - I really wanted to like this but just couldn't get past what seemed to be archaic game mechanics glossed over with modern graphics. If you're going to do a remake you don't have to replicate the things that were bad about the original. Unpopular viewpoint I know but there you have it.

Metro Exodus - a game without a soul. Everything about it was just bland. The claustrophobic atmospheric levels of earlier games make way for a totally boring open world with dreadful characters, awful voice overs and the less said about the hilariously bad 'story' the better.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7150 Posts

@phlop_spencer said:

1. Halo 5

2. Sunset Overdrive

3. Sea of Thieves

4. Recore

5. Quantum Break

edit: special mention to the Tomb Raider reboots - just an awful series.

not sure if i believe you. someone that craps on xbox all day does not have one.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Dragon Age: Inquisition - Absolute trash

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

Far Cry 3 Classic for current gen consoles, Far Cry 3 is great but they clearly rushed this remaster solely to fulfill promises of tying it to the FC5 season passes and once it served that purpose they wrote off any consideration of supporting it. I can't even bother to play it because the audio is so fucked that there's no directional sound and distance and direction of sound source doesn't even factor into how it outputs. Sound is highly compressed too. I have seen people defend this saying that the last gen FC3 was exactly same and people are only noticing it now, so I fired up the BC copy on XB1 and this is so not true, there's proper stereo supported audio that doesn't behave this way. Thankfully I grabbed this piece of shit on sale so wasn't a big loss. I could easily ignore the game's lack of visual polish as it still looks better than the last gen version, but the audio all by itself ruins it for me. I have heard there are numerous other glitches but I can't spend any considerable time in this piece of shit to even know what those are. If there's any more pathetic display by AAA studios to screw their supporters over for a quick buck, and to use a well regarded and celebrated title to achieve this end, they take the cake. Played (or tried to play it) on XB1, not sure if same case on PS4, I have seen other postings of audio bugs regarding that version but not sure if same, whether r they addresses it there but gave Xbox the Konami treatment of updating PlayStation version but not the Xbox version. If the quality of care I witnessed is any indication I think it is safe to assume they didn't do shit to fix anything.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

In no particular order:

• Homefront
  • Mass Effect Andromeda
  • Quantum Break
  • God of War Ascension
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider
ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

- Metal Gear Solid 4

- Ninja Gaiden 2

- Final Fantasy XIII

- The Witcher 3

First three being follow ups to games I really liked. The fourth, should have known better tbh, but fell for it regardless.

A masterclass in managing expectations.

They're not all bad tho, still enjoy playing NG2 even if it's a disappointing sequel.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

There's been numerous occasions where a game I wanted to play but didn't ends up on sale, and price is good so I pick it up, only to see shortly afterwards the game ends up on Game Pass. Not to say game was bad, just, if I had known, I would have waited. I probably experience more regretful purchases in that fashion.

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Phlop_Spencer
Member since 2020 • 1476 Posts

@gifford38: I sure did have one my friend. Sold it long ago after HDMI handshake issues and Xbox not being able to send proper signals to my 7.1 surround sound.

Just an overall garbage console

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#22 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69428 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

- Metal Gear Solid 4

- Ninja Gaiden 2

- Final Fantasy XIII

- The Witcher 3

First three being follow ups to games I really liked. The fourth, should have known better tbh, but fell for it regardless.

A masterclass in managing expectations.

They're not all bad tho, still enjoy playing NG2 even if it's a disappointing sequel.

The Witcher 3 was.... 😑. I can't say I was entirely disappointed but 😐

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21700 Posts
  • BotW/Wind Waker
  • Mario Odyssey/Sunshine
  • Metroid: Other M
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Batman: Arkham Knight
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34600 Posts

Just off the top of my head:

Hellgate London
Diablo 3
Destiny 2
Gears of War 5
God of War
Assassins Creed Origins
Metro Exodus
Crysis 2
Fallout 4
The Witcher 3
Batman: Arkham Knight

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34600 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Resident Evil 4

Terrible Ashley stealth sections, just fucking awful and a completely out of nowhere jet-ski section.

What the ****.

Playing it late might have affected your enjoyment indeed. I can understand not liking the cheese method of killing regular ganados, but to me it was fun, and also not mandatory.

Ashley sections were.. I don't know why I don't hate them, I probably should. They were really campy and stressful enough to be enjoyable to me I guess. Jet Ski section was indeed out of nowhere and weird, which is probably why I like that too.

The whole game was filled with campy moments, it was weird, cheesy, and what have you. All of this made me love the game as the weird ass package it was. It's like the game was a perfect amount of bad. Getting new weapons and upgrading them was very addictive to me. Shooting people in the face making their heads explode, very satisfying. The puzzles were fun to solve. Leon's comments were pure joy.

I can see why people hate it, and I can't really explain why I don't. Had I played the game for the first time today, I imagine my opinion of it would be much different.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:

Just off the top of my head:

Metro Exodus

Metro Exodus is incredible game my friend, incredible.

Postosuchus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Postosuchus
Member since 2005 • 907 Posts

1. Tomb Raider Anniversary/Legends/Underworld - came in a collection, they might be good games for all I know but the narrow FOV, camera, and grain filter (on legends I think) made me literally sick to play more than 10 minutes of. Needless to say, quit early.

2. Skyrim at Launch - stupidly preordered and lasted 3 hours before I too bored to continue. The gameplay was even more dumbed down than Oblivion and the amount of handholding they did was insulting. The perks were boring, and No challenge at all to be had either. Thankfully mods like Skyrim Redone came down the pipeline eventually and made it a blast, but at launch it was a waste of $50

3. Bioshock 1 and 2 - just couldn’t get into these no matter how hard I tried, and I hated the player character of 1 as well. Just too consolized without a compelling enough story to wade through.

4. Neverwinter Nights 2 at Launch - while I put in hundreds of hours eventually, as a self-birthday present at launch this was really rough. Big step back from the first in a lot of ways, plus a horrendous camera as well

5. Assassins Creed Unity - didn’t pay for it (free from Norte Dame Fire) but aside from the visuals this was just a waste of hard drive space. No challenge whatsoever, floaty “parkour” limited to very specific spots, and dull story lines with plot holes right off the bat. My first AC game and I have no idea how this series keeps selling.

6. Temple of Elemental Evil - this one hurts since it probably has the best DnD based combat in a video game in the past 20 years, but man oh man was this game a complete bugfest at launch. Then Troika abandoned it after a few half-hearted patches to shill Bloodlines instead. Another $50 wasted, though nowadays fan patches have transformed it into something glorious.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
  1. Bioshock Infinite: It scream I am intelligent as opposed to game being intelligent.

Well, it was intelligent, so I'm guessing you just didn't comprehend.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

#1 Final Fantasy 8 - I was so hyped for this game but I didn't enjoy the more realistic approach it took and it tried way too hard to be less about fun.

#2. Fable 2 - It is way less fun than the original Fable there is this stupid dog that follows you and you can use guns which don't fit fable at all. Also there is gold path you just follow to get to the next check points game was super dumbed down I couldn't stand it.

#3. Megaman X5 - X4 is one of my favorite mega man games had great cutscenes, music, great gameplay. X5 felt like the budget was cut in half, no cutscenes, crap story, worse music, gameplay constantly interrupted by text bubbles. The game flat out sucks compared x4, all levels and bosses were way worse.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10434 Posts

far cry 2 - promised so much but riddled with horrendous gaming anti patterns. very difficult to get any enjoyment from.

fallout 4 - looked and played like a last gen game. tacked on base building afterthought. nothing like the jump from oblivion to skyrim. fallout 3.5 at best.

blacklist - final nail in the coffin of any hopes for a return to the roots of the series.

crysis 3 - i could stomach c2 but 3 was severely lacking in every department other than visuals. utterly forgettable. when was the last time you heard anyone mention crysis 3. a sorry end for the series.

tlou2 - i've exhausted any enthusiasm i had for these kind of naughty dog games. miserable premise, infuriating pacing, dull gameplay. couldn't finish it

filthyn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 filthyn00b
Member since 2020 • 473 Posts

NONE, i know if ill like a game or not before i buy it lol.

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#32 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 2563 Posts
  1. Valkyria Revolution: It has some great ideas here and there but underwhelming in every aspect.
  2. Metal Gear Solid 4: It was good, but after 3 I expected more.
  3. Age of Empires III: Once again it was good but nowhere near as good as the AoE 2.
  4. Ar Tonelico 3: Ar Tonelico had a great and original gameplay but in the third one it became a Tales of clone.
  5. Final Fantasy XIII: Looks over substance.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#33 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts
  1. Kane&Lynch
  2. Legendary
  3. Prey 2017
  4. Final Fantasy X
  5. Everquest 2
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

1. The Last of Us 2- worst game ever

2. FF13 and the rest of the trilogy

3. AC3

4. Borderlands 1

5. Sea of Thieves

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

I can't really think of anything right now ... maybe KOF The Orochi Saga Collection because some of the emulations run so bad, but aside from that, must games i've been hyped about turn out to be great.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#36 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Doom Eternal and Metro Exodus both massive disappointments.Doom Eternal forces you to glory kill aka QTE all your enemies it gets old fast. And Metro Exodus going semi open world was a bad idea it's a bland open world.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

Doom Eternal kinda disappointed me. Not as immersive as 2016 and the UI design is awful. That purple goo and mario levels too, yeesh. Talk about out of place.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey. I got it on sale and man this game is a slog. The main quest is just 2 levels higher than what you are and you're kinda forced to do sidequests which are painstakingly boring.

Valorant. Ring 0 Kernel level access anti-cheat. Just no.

FF 8. I despised the Junction System.

Battlefield 5. Battlefield 4 is just better except in graphics.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1233 Posts

From this gen...

Assassin's Creed Odyssey - all this talk of the game being a fresh of breath air for the franchise - when in actuality they just retooled it so they could milk players even more.

The Dad of War reveal trailer disappointed the hell out of me and I don't know if/when I'll play it.

Dangerous Driving - Burnout spiritual successor. Turned into a homeless man's version of Burnout. Hopefully the sequel is much better.

Gears 5 - barely any maps. Meh new modes , souped up assault rifles are annoying. Don't like the character system they implemented for horde. Recently... it seems like they've stripped away modes from quickplay ... Extremely grindy. Seems like the series is on its last legs.

Super Mario Odyssey ... 97 on metacritic? rofl the Nintendo bump is real. It controls well and maybe it gets better later on... but the early going is pretty dull and just full of gimmicks.

Spiderman PS4 - The gameplay did nothing for me. I loved Sunset OVerdrive and would consider myself an Insomniac fan so this one hurt.

Not from this gen but I'll go ahead and throw in Alan Wake. WTF do people see in this game. Not sure how anybody could play it more then an hour ...

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#39 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

I can think of six:

• Batman: Arkham Knight
  • Uncharted 3
  • Final Fantasy VIII
  • Skyward Sword
  • MGS4
  • Metroid Other M
sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15913 Posts

Mine. I do hope Sony still do Ape Escape though

• Mario (any)
  • Animal Crossing 3DS
  • God of War Ascension
  • Wolfenstein Reboot
  • Ape Escape 3
VagrantSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 VagrantSnow
Member since 2018 • 645 Posts

XCom 2. Loved Enemy Unknown and Within so was really hyped for XCom 2 but playing it feels like I'm dealing with pop ups more than managing my base/teams and action stages all felt like I was having to speed run the game. My least favourite in the series.

mave198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mave198
Member since 2004 • 7332 Posts

1. Bioshock Infinite. Garbage

2. Wolfenstein New Order.

Never played a game that killed pacing as much as this game.

3. GTA IV. More of the same in a prettier package. Boring.

4. Tekken 4. WTF happened???

5. GOW Ascension. Brought nothing new to the series.

Never finished any of the above games because of the pain they caused.

TLHBO

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts

Anthem - Great core gameplay, absolutely trash everything else. Huge let down.

Devil May Cry 2 - What the fudge? After 1 this was a travesty.

Sea of Thieves - Awesome sailing and ocean physics! But again, everything else is garbage and was absolutely devoid of anything at launch. Marginally better now.

Killzone Shadowfall - What the hell happened? This is probably one of the worst FPS from the last 3 gens. It’s worse than Haze!

Fable 3 - I’m a sucker for punishment. I should have known after 2. Butchered the gameplay and the core mechanics and let game breaking bugs intact. Good times.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#44 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5247 Posts

Fortunately, I do not have a list as the games I played throughout my life never disappointed me nor I regeted playing them. There are many things I find disappointing and which I regeted in my life than playing games.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

1.) Valkyria Chronicles

2.) Doom 2016

3.) Halo 5

4.) Ghost of Tsushima

5.) 400 way tie between: every AC game after 2, every Call of Duty after Black Ops, every Smash Bros after Melee, every Gears after Epic left, and every Kingdom Hearts game ever made, ever.

Sidenote to those of you only listing exclusives from a single console this gen: we get it. You don't like that console. Nobody cares. And the fact that you spend as much time as you do shitting on it only makes people feel sorry for your clearly lonely and empty existences.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38813 Posts

Destiny 1 - What a failure of a title. Spent so much time playing it from day one, telling myself that it will improve with time, but that was so dumb of me. Expecting improvements from Bungievision is like expecting improvements from 343i. Left the game after like 4 months of playing and came back when The Taken King was released because EVERYONE was saying how the game has improved. Bullshit. I never understood if peoples standard was low or has gotten so low (by playing Destiny) that even such a barebones expansion is what they considered as top notch, but holy shit was it bad or what. I think that everyone playing this game were so starved for content that literally anything would do. Epic failure of a game, and D2 is exactly like the original except i've ignored it and will never play this shitshow of a game.

Andromeda - Too triggered to talk about this one. Bioware can f*ck off. That's all i'll say.

Avatar image for deactivated-5faad23a34ab6
deactivated-5faad23a34ab6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-5faad23a34ab6
Member since 2020 • 40 Posts

Nier Automata: I have a love hate relationship with that game. Some part were good, other parts were so bland and annoying. Overall It wasn't a great experience because the negative outdid the positive.

God of War 3: Some bosses were cool, but the game overall wasn't that great compare to the masterpiece that was GoW 2

Gta 4: All the missions were the same it got boring fast. Almost didn't play the masterpiece that was Gta 5 because of it

Red Dead Redemption: same as Gta 4. Almost didn't play the masterpiece that was Rdr2 because of it

Final Fantasy 13: Even though I didn't mind the combat, the game was super dry. It was combat, advance and more combat. Zero diversity and a boring story.

Bonus: Mass effect, Max Payne 3, Nier, Residence evil 4, Final Fantasy 15

silkylove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 silkylove
Member since 2002 • 8579 Posts

Any GTA after Vice City (excluding portables). Once you had to start working out, eating and going on dates they lost me. Also with IV and V the missions became too heavily scripted. Same complaint for RDR2 where it's a failed mission if you try to do anything outside of what the game wants you to do.

Any Yoshi game after Yoshi's Island. They have all been varying degrees of disappointing. Most common complaint being a lack of challenge. Also they haven't come up with an art style that's better than the first game.

NBA Playgrounds 2. They stopped selling the first one in order to funnel everyone towards the micro-transaction laden second one. One of the reasons I enjoy non-realistic sports games is they aren't as heavily monetized as the realistic ones.

New God of War. This game didn't disappoint me and I don't regret playing it. The only thing is I hope this doesn't mean that all future GoW games will get rid of the double-jump, platforming and crazy combos that used to define the series. I hope there is room for both styles.

Watch_My_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Watch_My_6
Member since 2007 • 297 Posts

The Last of Us 2 - Edgy teen game.

Halo 4 - How did they ruin a series so quickly?

Gears of War 2 - Worst sequel ever.

Diablo 3 - Boring as sin

Mario Sunshine - What were they thinking?

No surprise that all of these games are sequels. I like to try new things, but when the developer goes out of their way to try and "innovate just to innovate" things usually got lost in translation.