lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By lexxluger
Member since 2017 • 599 Posts

Everybody seems to love Digital Foundry game breakdowns here so I thought I'd add this one since I haven't seen this posted yet.

Interesting notes:

• Uses Sonys checker-boarding solution do deliver final image, the native res before scaling is still unconfirmed but DF says it very difficult to tell apart from native 4k if only a few feet away.
  • Game was running at 30fps (not unexpected for an open world game)
  • DF comments on note: @2:26 "Everything just looks extremely natural to the point that you really could kind of confuse it for Pre-rendered CGI at points I feel"

There were questions about if the game was open world or not so I had to do some digging to clear up the answer found here:

Insomniac Games’ Spider-Man Confirmed PS4 Exclusive, Open World; More Info Shared

Today, during the YouTube Live broadcast hosted by Geoff Keighley, Creative Director Bryan Intihar provided more color on the newly announced Spider-Man game.

You can read a recap of what he mentioned below:

• Spider-Man is the biggest game ever for Insomniac, and the most ambitious game ever for Marvel.
  • It’s an open world game.
  • The game has been in development for “quite some time.”
  • It’s not part of the films, and Insomniac is doing a bit of its own thing and “mixing things up” to an extent. It’s an original story, and this was an opportunity for Insomniac Games to create “their own Spider-Man universe.” It still respects the tradition of the franchise but the developers can afford to take some liberties, for instance with the design of Spider-Man’s suit, that could be seen in the trailer.
  • It’s getting better and better every day as development progresses.
  • This is a story where Spider-Man’s world and Peter Parker’s world collide. It focuses on who is the man under the mask, and who the man becomes after he puts the mask on.
  • The game is confirmed as a PS4 exclusive, published by Sony Interactive Entertainment.
  • Spider Man is a working title, for now. .

http://www.dualshockers.com/insomniac-games-spider-man-confirmed-ps4-exclusive-open-world-more-info-provided/

There you have it. Anyway this is probably the best looking super hero games I've seen in recent memory and I look forward to it's progress.

SUB ARGUMENT TO FIT SYSTEM WARS NEEDS:

Reflecting on this forum and the recent debates about 4k vs Fakek, and PS4 Pro vs Xbox One X, what do users think about this game in those terms?

If DF is impressed and satisfied with this version of 4k for the image quality, is native res really more important to have vs a game delivering on impressive over-all graphics? Sony seems to be hell bent on delivering top tier quality graphically impressive games over simply bolstering the "native 4k" bullet point that MS had doubled down on for promoting xbox one x.

Which drive suits your fancy more, more graphically impressive games with the scaleability solution to meet a resolution quota or knowing your games have a native 4k res come hell or high water with less concern if the game is actually graphically appealing?

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

Made a thread about the DF video yesterday. But cool to see confirmation that the game is open world. Knowing this, I expect a bit of downgrade from the E3 demo come release. I'm a little skeptical that they can pull off such detail in an open world.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

More FauxK awesome!

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lexxluger

@kuu2 said:

More FauxK awesome!

Is that your only impression or did you just want to disregard everything else to post something that isn't that uncommon being seen in games now?

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kuu2

@lexxluger: I actually love the look of Spiderman and appreciate the game. All that said this gen started talking about power and will end talking about power.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@kuu2: Or you could be a bigger person and help change the narrative...

Just sayin

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

I have faith in Insomniac, Sunset Overdrive had some slick gameplay, this' gonna be great!

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lexxluger

@kuu2 said:

@lexxluger: I actually love the look of Spiderman and appreciate the game. All that said this gen started talking about power and will end talking about power.

Oh ok that's cool. Your first post was a lil dry but yeah I get your stance.

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 2631 Posts

@lexxluger: So the game is open world. But a lot of the quest aren't?

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lexxluger

@BlackShirt20 said:

I don't know what you mean by that. The dev said the game is open world.

If you're trying to speculate on the validity of that confirmation by the developer then maybe you have some inside info not reported here you could share but from what I've read on it the dev didn't put a "but" in the wording of their game structure.

I am sure, as with any game with a narrative, there are sections that have to played a certain way in order to continue progression but that's no different than any other open world games we've seen before.

UNcartMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By UNcartMe
Member since 2011 • 725 Posts

Game looks great....but I feel like I'm getting too old to get excited about a super hero game.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@kuu2: last gen started with it as well. You don't remember Lensoftruth amd DF threads from back when the 360 typically had the advantage?

Do not get it twisted. You seek to perpetuate a cycle that began long before 2013.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

@lexxluger: "DF says it very difficult to tell apart from native 4k if only a few feet away"

Lemmings will go blind going close to the screen to try to search for the extra $100 dollars of pixels they paid for lol

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@lexxluger: I dont know what DF says , cows or sheep or lem saying, if game is QTE festival or not, if its open world or not.

Day 1 here.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@kuu2: last gen started with it as well. You don't remember Lensoftruth amd DF threads from back when the 360 typically had the advantage?

Do not get it twisted. You seek to perpetuate a cycle that began long before 2013.

Remember Da Foliage? Started when Mafia 2 had less grass on PS3 than on 360. That all started from a comparison video. which weren't new at the time.

doomdizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 doomdizzle
Member since 2017 • 528 Posts

@BlackShirt20 said:

Just like most open world games there will be quests that follow a linear path every now and then. Almost every open world game does this though so it shouldn't be a surprise.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kuu2

@goldenelementxl: Hehe.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

@kuu2 said:

@pinkanimal: You either have a trash TV or you need your eyes checked ALT.

I'm I doing it right Cows?

The guys at DF said that not me so I guess they have crappy tvs lol lem

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 2631 Posts

@lexxluger: I don't know I'm acting you. Listen buddy don't get smart when you over the internet ok?

Avatar image for indigenous_euphoria
indigenous_euphoria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 indigenous_euphoria
Member since 2013 • 255 Posts

Looks ok. Not really interested in Spider man games. Insomniac makes good games though....Sunset Overdrive was awesome.