This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for JYoungin20years
JYoungin20years

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JYoungin20years
Member since 2005 • 361 Posts

3ds. It has the better Library.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#2 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

The sky is blue.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3  Edited By Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

Vita = better tech, has better potential. But it's all wasted.

3DS = Cheap tech, less potential. They make the most of it.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

3DS has a better library, but I kind of feel that only applies if you're really into JRPGs, if you're not then I guess both can be equally appealing, but if JRPGs are your thing then getting a 3DS is a must

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

old news

murat8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6  Edited By murat8
Member since 2006 • 10362 Posts

Get an awesome Monster Hunter game on Vita and i would consider getting one, but right now im with 3DS

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

Aren't VS threads illegal?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

3DS - Gamespot GOTY winner 2013.
Vita - Dead and buried.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#9 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

@Joedgabe said:

I question the potential claim. Considering price point, marketing, Nintendo games, dual screen, 3D, etc. - this all affects potential. I get that you're most likely referring to the graphical capability, but I don't see that as the key factor of potential. So for example, cheap tech could have given them more potential (as an example). To elaborate, did having better tech mean that developers had to put too much effort into developing a technically good looking game on a handheld? Is this reducing potential? I'm just saying that it's more complicated than it seems, and saying the Vita has more potential might be overlooking what really counts.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Joedgabe

@trugs26 said:

@Joedgabe said:

I question the potential claim. Considering price point, marketing, Nintendo games, dual screen, 3D, etc. - this all affects potential. I get that you're most likely referring to the graphical capability, but I don't see that as the key factor of potential. So for example, cheap tech could have given them more potential (as an example). To elaborate, did having better tech mean that developers had to put too much effort into developing a technically good looking game on a handheld? Is this reducing potential? I'm just saying that it's more complicated than it seems, and saying the Vita has more potential might be overlooking what really counts.

Idk how else to explain it besides saying if you hold on to both and play both for a bit it's quite obvious. Also the issue with some 3DS games having frame rate because of the hardware limit.

klonoa53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 klonoa53
Member since 2005 • 246 Posts

I have both, "I personally" like my Vita more than I do my 3DS.

My Vita has more features and more games that are appealing to "me".

My 3DS I only bought for Pokemon, Sonic, and Smash. It also has less features and is overall not "my" cup of tea.

Both systems are great, but what defines them is what you have a taste for. I would recommend both to anyone based on their preference when it comes to mobile gaming.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

I literally JUST bought both this week

So far the 3DS has given me more play time but that's only because I bought more games for that than the PSVita. But PS+ made the PSVita much better. That and I am downloading FFIX from PSOne classics so that's awesome and I'm downloading a better version of MGS3 on my Vita than what's on the 3DS.

osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 osirisx3
Member since 2012 • 2113 Posts

3ds had an amazing year and it looks like next year will be great as well. Its the most have hand held vita on the other hand is pretty much an after thought.

3ds is the must have system and its the system everyone is buying 40million vs 6 million lol not even close.

Crazyguy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Crazyguy105
Member since 2009 • 9513 Posts

I like the Vita, but its library is tiny compared to the 3DS atm.

Going with 3DS.

Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

I would consider the Vita library an absolute joke if it didn't have the PSP library to lean on. The 3DS/DS have some good very SRPGs, but nothing comes close to the PSP with that one genre.

On pretty much everything else? Yeah, the 3DS kills it.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

honestly... if vita gets a new monster hunter game or exclusive final fantasy game...it will dominate japan...

but the only way for it to do good in usa is with AAA big budget games like grand theft auto,call of duty(a well made one), naughty dog new game exclusive for vita...

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#18 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

honestly... if vita gets a new monster hunter game or exclusive final fantasy game...it will dominate japan...

but the only way for it to do good in usa is with AAA big budget games like grand theft auto,call of duty(a well made one), naughty dog new game exclusive for vita...

Even that wouldn't help (didn't propel the PSP past DS)

Vita's saving grace: Indies. As they've shown, you can't just port console games to a handheld - you need to provide unique experiences. Indie developers design games that are, by their nature, experimental. Allowing Vita to participate in the PSN ecosystem makes it the natural go-to platform for Indie titles. Budgets are smaller, games are more unique (and more easily/rapidly consumed), and everybody wins.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

Currently, the 3DS. The Vita is nifty with some good games.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@Basinboy said:

@KBFloYd said:

Vita's saving grace: Indies. As they've shown, you can't just port console games to a handheld - you need to provide unique experiences. Indie developers design games that are, by their nature, experimental. Allowing Vita to participate in the PSN ecosystem makes it the natural go-to platform for Indie titles. Budgets are smaller, games are more unique (and more easily/rapidly consumed), and everybody wins.

for japan: i mean...it would sell really well...close to the 3ds...but not beat it...well maybe it can beat it for some weeks.

for USA: and yes i mean a gta exclusive for vita...same for naughty dog... spend money for voice acting...soundtracks...everything a AAA console game gets. just slightly smaller in scale.

unfortunately no one can take that risk...sony has to put the effort first. yea gravity rush and tearaway are great games...but how much did they cost to make? see... they need big budget games for such an expensive high end machine. to justify it.

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21  Edited By mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

3ds has great games, but is definitely more geared towards the kiddies. I feel like the vita is a gamer's handeld

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Joedgabe

@Basinboy said:

@KBFloYd said:

Well, good games can also improve the Vita. Like Tear Away.

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

VITA has no effective mass appeal and hardware is mostly "potential".

Maybe we'll see it get tapped more once games like Toukiden and God Eater 2 aren't PSP games at their core.

Freedom Wars is a small step towards that but is a 1st party.

http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/freedomwars/

-"3 Weapon System" (Swords/Guns/"Thorn")

-Cover System

-Verticality (grappling)

-Dismemberment

-AI commands

-Voice synthesizer

-8 Players (PVP or Co-op)

-Each player will have one customizable Android partner so up to 16 characters on screen

-Rescue Civilians

All of that while looking decent for a handheld title.

Loading Video...

The VITA, IMO could produce great handheld experiences like it's own Mass Effect game (touch screen, backpad, mic, gyro) but I'm sure no publisher will back that now because of the piss poor global reception.

PSO2 seems to have been a nice VITA implementation (skill bar-touch screen). Dual sticks that are symmetrical against and for accessing the skill bar.

A game like Dark/Demon Souls would really interest me on it with backpad and touch screen implementation.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#24  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Joedgabe said:

@trugs26 said:

@Joedgabe said:

Idk how else to explain it besides saying if you hold on to both and play both for a bit it's quite obvious. Also the issue with some 3DS games having frame rate because of the hardware limit.

I do own both and I have played both extensively. I have never felt that the 3DS hardware (hardware, not controls) has limited any game, ever.

Also, the frame rate issues exist because of poor optimization, not because of some mythical 'hardware limit.'

The Vita hardware is indisputably better than the 3DS hardware, but functionally, there is no difference in the kinds of games both can play. At all.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Great thread,would read again

osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26  Edited By osirisx3
Member since 2012 • 2113 Posts

my tablet the nexus 7 vs vita

snap dragon s4pro quad core 1.5ghz>>>> arm 9

screen 7" 1920x1200>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 5" 950x540

ram 2gbs>>>>>>>>>>512

price 229 16gb>>>>>>>>>>>>250 0gbs at launch price for both

battery life 9-10 hours>>>>>>>>>>3-5 hours

4myAmuzumament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 4myAmuzumament
Member since 2013 • 1791 Posts

the reason all past, present, and probably future playstation portables will suck is because they do not offer enough different experiences from its console counterpart.

no one wants to play the latest FIFA on a portable when they have the better version on a console.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

Vita a no contest win. Now had you said 3DS library vs Vita library, I would have said a no contest win for the 3DS. Which is more important to me? I own a 3DS XL and no Vita.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

It really comes down to the games you prefer. The vita gets mostly ports but I love the high quality experience on the go.The 3ds can barely match the psp in terms of performance ect. Currently, I'm playing Ys and I'm also getting back into dragons crown.

Also, the vita has a beastly charger which can fully charge that thing in like 45 minutes so battery management is a lot better than with my 3ds which takes 3 hours to fully charge.

Avatar image for deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e
deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e
Member since 2012 • 546 Posts

@mrintro
said:

3ds has great games, but is definitely more geared towards the kiddies. I feel like the vita is a gamer's handeld

There are plenty of gamer focused 3DS games. If anything it's the most current ideal gamer's machine.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

@Joedgabe said:

This pretty much.