This topic is locked from further discussion.

mariokart97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 mariokart97
Member since 2009 • 913 Posts

Anyone heard any news of a 3DS First Person Shooter?

We have Moon Chronicles and Renegade Kid is also making Dementium: The Ward but I know I'll begin to get sick of their style of FPS.

If anyone knows info about a game in the first person perspective for the 3DS then share it!

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Splatoon is all i know of

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

I played the Gears ripoff for just a bit and thought it was soso--I got bored. However after playing it I wonder why nobody has tackled this genre on the console--its got no competition.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34601 Posts

@Heirren said:

I played the Gears ripoff for just a bit and thought it was soso--I got bored. However after playing it I wonder why nobody has tackled this genre on the console--its got no competition.

That's 3rd person. Not first..

@finalstar2007 said:

That's a Wii-U game..

R10nu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 R10nu
Member since 2006 • 1679 Posts

@Heirren said:

Because the hardware is weak as ****?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@R10nu said:

@Heirren said:

That is bs. What I'm saying is that the controls can work just fine. Doom, to this day, is a fine game. There are a LOT of fps games that were designed around a similar resolution to the 3ds and are great games.

ChiefFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 ChiefFreeman
Member since 2005 • 5667 Posts

I'd like to see a 3DS FPS. Both the GBA and DS had several, so I don't know why there aren't any on the 3DS. Also, there are no fighting games outside of Street Fighter IV. Ridiculous.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts
@Litchie said:

@Heirren said:

That's 3rd person. Not first..

@finalstar2007 said:

That's a Wii-U game..

Not only that, but Splatoon is also 3rd person.

Also you're better off not worrying about First Person Shooters on Handhelds at all.

Vita has some, but they're lackluster at best. The Best you're gonna find is probably Killzone.

3DS FPS unless Nintendo makes Metroid Prime Hunters 2, You're not gonna find any.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@LegatoSkyheart:

Genre and design wise they are still pretty close. If Doom was on 3ds i'd buy it and enjoy it. People downplay what can be fun. Heck, I'd prefer a fps wave style shooter over the console nonsense.

bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

@ChiefFreeman said:

Also, there are no fighting games outside of Street Fighter IV. Ridiculous.

Tekken 3D, Dead or Alive, BlazBlue, WWE All Stars?

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@Heirren said:

@LegatoSkyheart:

Genre and design wise they are still pretty close. If Doom was on 3ds i'd buy it and enjoy it. People downplay what can be fun. Heck, I'd prefer a fps wave style shooter over the console nonsense.

I'm not saying it can't be done. It certainly can. Renegade Kid and Nintendo Proved FPS games can be done on the DS.

Sony and Activision even put out their stuff on Vita.

But As of right now, if you're getting a handheld expecting FPS games, you're short out of luck, The Market and Development is just simply not there.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@LegatoSkyheart:

It isn't there, which is why it ought to be as there is no competition.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#14 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

Why would I ever want to play FPS on handheld?

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#15 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

You're posts entertain me for the lulz.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34601 Posts

@bulby_g said:

@ChiefFreeman said:

Also, there are no fighting games outside of Street Fighter IV. Ridiculous.

Tekken 3D, Dead or Alive, BlazBlue, WWE All Stars?

Project X Zone, Smash Bros..

@Heirren said:

@LegatoSkyheart:

If Doom was on 3DS I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Doom 1, 2 and Final Doom collection for 3DS now!

Raptor_Herc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Raptor_Herc
Member since 2013 • 330 Posts

Don't forget the f2p Steel Diver: Sub Wars. I can't think of any other 3DS FPS's on the horizon (unless Activision finally makes a COD title for the console) aside from the remastered Dementium games, but then again Nintendo handhelds have never been the goto devices for that genre.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Metroid Prime Hunters for the Original DS had a phenomenal online community and was a great FPS (for multiplayer). Not sure what 3DS has that can compare.

mariokart97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 mariokart97
Member since 2009 • 913 Posts

Like, I like Renegade kid for atleast giving us FPS fans something but they just aren't traditional shooters. I want some gore, some head shots, enemies who resemble homanoids, intense run n' gun gameplay etc. Like Moon Chonicles would fit in the 3DS library so much better if other FPS filled in the gaps. I mean we are all trying to think of new games in general but since renegade kid doesnt do multiplayer..there is no existent FPS multiplayer....saddening

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Heirren said:

@R10nu said:

@Heirren said:

That is bs. What I'm saying is that the controls can work just fine. Doom, to this day, is a fine game. There are a LOT of fps games that were designed around a similar resolution to the 3ds and are great games.

Not BS. By todays standards, the 3DS is weak as ****. New mobile phones are like 20-30 times more powerful with 1440p screens.

it can still tackle the genre.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Heirren said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Heirren said:

@R10nu said:

@Heirren said:

Not BS. By todays standards, the 3DS is weak as ****. New mobile phones are like 20-30 times more powerful with 1440p screens.

Of course. FPS range from 5th gen to now. So yeah. Maybe a PS2 quality FPS.

Nobody said otherwise? Most of the 3ds's games are only about gamecube quality. I suspect however you're just trying, and failing I might add, to troll.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Heirren said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Heirren said:

@R10nu said:

@Heirren said:

PC fps games from the 2000ish era are higher quality than what has been coming out recently.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 inb4uall

@scottpsfan14 said:
@inb4uall said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Heirren said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Heirren said:

@R10nu said:

@Heirren said:

Nobody said otherwise? Most of the 3ds's games are only about gamecube quality. I suspect however you're just trying, and failing I might add, to troll.

No. You are utterly wrong. Anything that puts a Nintendo product in a negative light is trolling to you though. I only said that Nintendo 3DS is indeed weak as **** compared to other mobile devices.

**** it, who really cares?

Being "weak" is no reason for it not to get games though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Heirren said:

PC fps games from the 2000ish era are higher quality than what has been coming out recently.

Fair enough. The 3DS can do FPS. I don't know who though other wise, I was just clarifying that the 3DS is behind the curve in terms of mobile hardware.

I guess. Sorta. I've played touch screen fps--they're bad. Controller support? Sure, but there has still yet to be a release of really high quality likely due to an accessory requirement. Vita? Of course. It is a shame that device didn't garner more western support. It is basically what everyone wanted. But in reality the vita and 3ds are still pretty close. Vita is drawing twice the pixels(?) and said pixels will lead to higher polygon models. I'd say 3DS could pull off any vita game. It would look worse, but still be playable.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By inb4uall

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Heirren said:

@R10nu said:

@Heirren said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@inb4uall said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@inb4uall said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Heirren said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Heirren said:

@R10nu said:

@Heirren said:

No. You are utterly wrong. Anything that puts a Nintendo product in a negative light is trolling to you though. I only said that Nintendo 3DS is indeed weak as **** compared to other mobile devices.

**** it, who really cares?

Being "weak" is no reason for it not to get games though.

Never said otherwise but whatever.

But that's not what the conversation was about....

Whatever I'll just chalk this up to a misunderstanding.