360 Dashboard update detailed - download Halo AND MANY MORE

• 92 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WuTangG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 WuTangG
Member since 2007 • 2189 Posts

You just gotta love a software company the likes of MS being in this business !! :D

Great news and like many have said:

Drop the 120 gig HDD price - 69.99 would be saweet ! :)

SecretPolice
Except for the part when you have to re-play all Team Ninja games:(
ApocalypseXIVV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 ApocalypseXIVV
Member since 2004 • 1988 Posts

Why the original Xbox? That was just a couple of years ago! Oh well.

And no the PSone downloads don't look dated because the reason they are there is because they ARE classics released a long time ago.

I for one will not buy anyhting from market place, but good news is good news.

Cedmln

wow what a suprise u wont buy anything...and halo came out 6 years ago...learn math

ParkCarsHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#53 ParkCarsHere
Member since 2004 • 3556 Posts
So THIS is why we don't get BC updates anymore... good ol' M$... I knew they had a plan somewhere. Why offer BC for free when you can get people to buy games all over again? I wonder how big they'll be too...
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
Thats awesome, best backwards compatibility and download content confirmed.
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Link256
Member since 2005 • 29195 Posts

I believe when I see it.

All things considered, having downloadable Xbox games while awesome in concept, seems really unrealistic. I mean, not only does Xbox downloadable games go against every rule Mircoft has put into place with XBLMP since day one, however, considering the fact that your average person (myself included) is limited to 20 GB Hard Drive, I do not see how they (or I) would have whole lot way in the room for Xbox games, considering the massive size of your average Xbox game.

By the way, for those who say "than why don't you buy 120 GB Hard Drive," that is not option. Either Mircosoft needs find some kind of way of fitting these Xbox games onto the service or do not do it all. Otherwise, you will be severisly severely limiting size of your audience because simple truth of the matter is that your average consumer is not going to buy accessory, one that is currently priced at $155, just so they can play some games from 6 years ago. I mean, why do that? When, for the same price, most of these games are still widely available, whether be at local discount store or various options on the Internet.

ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#56 ZimpanX
Member since 2005 • 12636 Posts

Unless they drop the price of the 120GB Hard Drive to under $100, I'm not bothering with it.

BTW - I think the 120GB Hard Drive is insanely overpriced..

Xbox 360 120GB Hard Drive = $179.99

500 GB SATA PC Hard Drive = $119.99

There's something seriously CRIMINAL about that...

Netherscourge

well that isn't entirely fair as the 360 uses 2.5'' SATA HDDs, though I agree it's criminal as you can get a normal 2,5'' 250gb SATA HDD for the same price as the 360 120gb HDD. Pretty much all accesories for gaming consoles are way overpriced imo.

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts

I believe when I see it.

All things considered, having downloadable Xbox games while awesome in concept, seems really unrealistic. I mean, not only does downloadable games go against every rule Mircoft has put into place with XBLMP since day one, however, considering the fact that your average person (myself included) is limited to 20 GB Hard Drive, I do not see how they (or I) would have whole lot way in the room for Xbox games, considering the massive size of your average Xbox game.

By the way, for those who say "than why don't you buy 120 GB Hard Drive," that is not option. Either Mircosoft needs find some kind of way of fitting these Xbox games onto the service or do not do it all. Otherwise, you will be severisly severely limiting size of your audience because simple truth of the matter is that your average consumer is not going to buy accessory, one that is currently priced at $155, just so they can play some games from 6 years ago. I mean, why do that? When, for the same price, most of these games are still widely available, whether be at local discount store or various options on the Internet.

Link256
So? If you want a lot of VC games and WiiWare then you'll need an SD card.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f89ab8e63049
deactivated-5f89ab8e63049

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-5f89ab8e63049
Member since 2007 • 3182 Posts

That seems pretty darn useless. I've only realistically got about 13mb of space on my hard-drive, which means I can fit, at the most, about three Xbox games on it. And I'm not paying over £100 for a 120gb hard-drive.

Are there no more features coming in the update? That seems a little low on features.

rimnet00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#59 rimnet00
Member since 2003 • 11003 Posts
Do the XBox games include new gamerpoints?
WuTangG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 WuTangG
So THIS is why we don't get BC updates anymore... good ol' M$... I knew they had a plan somewhere. Why offer BC for free when you can get people to buy games all over again? I wonder how big they'll be too...ParkCarsHere
And how do you propose on getting games running on the 360? Offcourse the list is going to get updated, because then they can 'milk' more people by having more games.
WuTangG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 WuTangG
Do the XBox games include new gamerpoints?rimnet00
Oh man that would make them sell like crazy:lol:
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Link256
Member since 2005 • 29195 Posts
[QUOTE="Link256"]

I believe when I see it.

All things considered, having downloadable Xbox games while awesome in concept, seems really unrealistic. I mean, not only does downloadable games go against every rule Mircoft has put into place with XBLMP since day one, however, considering the fact that your average person (myself included) is limited to 20 GB Hard Drive, I do not see how they (or I) would have whole lot way in the room for Xbox games, considering the massive size of your average Xbox game.

By the way, for those who say "than why don't you buy 120 GB Hard Drive," that is not option. Either Microsoft needs find some kind of way of fitting these Xbox games onto the service or do not do it all. Otherwise, you will be severely severely limiting size of your audience because simple truth of the matter is that your average consumer is not going to buy accessory, one that is currently priced at $155, just so they can play some games from 6 years ago. I mean, why do that? When, for the same price, most of these games are still widely available, whether be at local discount store or various options on the Internet.

tomarlyn

So? If you want a lot of VC games and WiiWare then you'll need an SD card.

As of just few moments ago, not including the Internet channel, my Wii has 26 virtual console games downloaded onto it, 4 of which are from the Nintendo 64 selection. Plus, not to mention all of the Save data for my virtual console and retail games.

On the other hand, at one time, how many Xbox games would fit onto my 20 GB Hard Drive? Considering the fact that average Xbox disc was 4.7 GBs in size, unless compression technology has seen some dramatic improvements I am not currently aware of or I am mistaken on something else I have discussed (or will be discussing), even I were willing to whip my Hard Drive clean of possible storage that could be erased, I would not be able to fit more than 2 or 3 Xbox games onto it any given time.

samusarmada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#63 samusarmada
Member since 2005 • 5816 Posts

Wouldnt it just be cheaper to buy a physical copy of Halo 1?
whocares4peace

not at the moment, Halo CE is going from £13.16 on amazon at the moment. Not including p&p

IF true this would be pretty awesome, though harsh on people with small HDD

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44025 Posts
[QUOTE="rimnet00"]Do the XBox games include new gamerpoints?WuTangG
Oh man that would make them sell like crazy:lol:

Heck yeah and while their at it why not make a Xmote available and call the games this gen. j/k sorta:lol:
Hat_Damage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Hat_Damage
Member since 2007 • 1004 Posts
as cool as that as, that kinda sucks too. I mean my hard drive is only 20gigs...I only have 5gigs left on it, and i have two game demos and only 15 or so XBLA games (half of which are demos)
Avatar image for supermechakirby
supermechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 supermechakirby
Member since 2003 • 10677 Posts

I thought it would ba a more in depth feature list. :(cakeorrdeath

I have a feeling its going to be a short fall update as its already almost winter, all the big features will be in the winter update

ferrarimanf355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 ferrarimanf355
Member since 2005 • 1884 Posts

I thought it would ba a more in depth feature list. :(cakeorrdeath

I don't think that this will be the only major thing in the update. I'm also assuming that the parental timer will be there, and DIVX support might be coming soon. Anyways, the OP's link is broken, here's a source:

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/11/13/fall-xbox-360-dashboard-update-revealed-download-halo-december/

Ownage approved? Most likely. :)

WuTangG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 WuTangG

[QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"]I thought it would ba a more in depth feature list. :(supermechakirby

I have a feeling its going to be a short fall update as its already almost winter, all the big features will be in the winter update

Its only ever Spring and Fall
Avatar image for supermechakirby
supermechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 supermechakirby
Member since 2003 • 10677 Posts
[QUOTE="supermechakirby"]

[QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"]I thought it would ba a more in depth feature list. :(WuTangG

not true

I have heard of a summer update..

-Patriots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#70 -Patriots
Member since 2007 • 279 Posts
Crossing my fingers for star wars jedi knight jedi acedemy.
Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#71 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts
PS3 firmware 2.0 OWNS this.
Nedemis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Nedemis
Member since 2002 • 10715 Posts
That doesn't make sense.. xbox games are to big..user_nat
are you people forgetting that unlike the PS3, the 360 can handle massive compression rates?
Nedemis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Nedemis
Member since 2002 • 10715 Posts
PS3 firmware 2.0 OWNS this.Rikusaki
it took Sony how many updates to get something right?
OGTiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#74 OGTiago
Member since 2005 • 6546 Posts

I bought Halo 1 for £5

I guess the idea is good because a lot of people missed the original xbox (like me)

wemhim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 wemhim
Member since 2005 • 16110 Posts
Man, I can't wait for eight gen(PS4, Xbox 720, Nitendo Ock Bock era) digital distribution.
rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts
:lol: MS makes it easy to also be able to play last gen games and Sony makes the 40gb 0% BC :lol: at least MS knows just because the gen has changed does not mean people do not want to enjoy last gen games.
rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts
:lol: ya whatever. what did you get themes? The 360 has had then from the start. PSN as always just playing catch up.
Laughlin_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Laughlin_12
Member since 2003 • 5928 Posts
Does this mean achievements for original Xbox games? :o
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
Crimson Skies = glorious win.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

Firmware 2.0 sucked. Should have been dubbed "Firmware 1.97" because it was not worthy of the 2.0 designation. When the PS3 continues to lack the basics the 360 has had for 2 years, I get irritated.

solidgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 solidgamer
Member since 2005 • 7542 Posts
im sure i could find them cheaper in the used bin at GAME
joe_g_patton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 joe_g_patton
Member since 2003 • 1548 Posts
This sounds like an evil plan on the part of Microsoft to get people to run out and pay the insanely marked up price of the 120GB drive.
wemhim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 wemhim
Does this mean achievements for original Xbox games? :oLaughlin_12
You just came up with one of the best ideas ever(I don't even care about achievments either!), E-Mail them NAO! Seriously, I thought of pre-paid cards in 2003, THEY DID IT FOR THE XBOX 360 IN 2005!!!!!!!! See, that's cool... I should've e-mailed them before they thought of it, then I'd be the coolest person ever.
Avatar image for TheDarkDisciple
TheDarkDisciple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 TheDarkDisciple
Member since 2004 • 3564 Posts

This sounds like an evil plan on the part of Microsoft to get people to run out and pay the insanely marked up price of the 120GB drive.joe_g_patton

well the stuff if always saved to your account.. so it's not like you can't just delete it and then re-download without having to pay again.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#85 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

:o

Man, if they updated Halo with online play...I would buy it in a second. But if not...I already have Halo so I wouldn't download it again.

WuTangG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 WuTangG
[QUOTE="WuTangG"][QUOTE="supermechakirby"]

[QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"]I thought it would ba a more in depth feature list. :(supermechakirby

not true

I have heard of a summer update..

No they have only ever been in Spring and Fall:|
SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#87 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
I don't think I'll ever use the market place. I don't want to spend my money on "points".
nybritboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 nybritboy
Member since 2005 • 774 Posts
Im all for this, if it means I can get some multiplayer Crimson skies matches going again
WuTangG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 WuTangG
Im all for this, if it means I can get some multiplayer Crimson skies matches going againnybritboy
That game was SERIOUSLY awesome and SERIOUSLY overlooked
mirlegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 mirlegend
Member since 2002 • 6737 Posts
For those worrying about spaceyou could buy either an Xport orXSATA which transfers data from your 360 hard drive to your pc. Youcan get them for roughly £30 from Amazon.
wemhim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 wemhim
Imagine if they allow original games the size of Xbox games!!! ZOMG! Chaos Theory was 5.5GB. Geez, episodic content could be HUGE! Especially eight gen(The next gen, after this one).
mirlegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 mirlegend
Member since 2002 • 6737 Posts

Imagine if they allow original games the size of Xbox games!!! ZOMG! Chaos Theory was 5.5GB. Geez, episodic content could be HUGE! Especially eight gen(The next gen, after this one).wemhim

I think both Sony and Microsoft have expressed interest in digital distribution being the main format next gen. So should be interesting.

wemhim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 wemhim

[QUOTE="wemhim"]Imagine if they allow original games the size of Xbox games!!! ZOMG! Chaos Theory was 5.5GB. Geez, episodic content could be HUGE! Especially eight gen(The next gen, after this one).mirlegend

I think both Sony and Microsoft have expressed interest in digital distribution being the main format next gen. So should be interesting.

It'd be pretty awesome, I'm sure 3.5 inch drives(Internal, not external) might reach 1TB, that'd be pretty amazing. Especially if Episodic Content becomes big from that, it's nice to watch a South park episode once a week, there's nothing like that in games, they're all once every 2 years or so, kind of annoying. Of course, it probably won't be once a week, but fairly short.