360 AAA count error

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Panther501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Panther501
Member since 2007 • 1990 Posts

How come the 360 has Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter down as an exclusive when it came out on PC, xbox, and ps2?

See?

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pc5oLqpenpT78W87pMfgvBA&gid=1

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/tomclancysghostrecon3/index.html?tag=result;title;4

Supafly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Supafly1
Member since 2003 • 4441 Posts

I don't know how the PS2 and X-box versions play out but the PC version was quite different from the 360.

opex07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 opex07
Member since 2007 • 2236 Posts

Ghost Recon for the 360 wasn't the same as the other versions. The 360 version had its own in-house development team while the PC/PS2/Xbox had a seperate development team working on that version. The 360 Version is Third person unlike the other first person versions, has its own cover system, own maps/locations, and own gameplay. The only things the two different versions have in common are that they both are based on fighting terrorists in what seems to be South American/Mexican regions, and their names.

Panther501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Panther501
Member since 2007 • 1990 Posts

Ghost Recon for the 360 wasn't the same as the other versions. The 360 version had its own in-house development team while the PC/PS2/Xbox had a seperate development team working on that version. The 360 Version is Third person unlike the other first person versions, has its own cover system, own maps/locations, and own gameplay. The only things the two different versions have in common are that they both are based on fighting terrorists in what seems to be South American/Mexican regions, and their names.

opex07
So then why not make MLB 09 exclusive for the ps3. Its quite different from the PS2 version if I recall.
opex07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 opex07
Member since 2007 • 2236 Posts

So then why not make MLB 09 exclusive for the ps3. Its quite different from the PS2 version if I recall.Panther501
The only thing separating the two versions of MLB 09 is graphics, and the PS2 version suffers from bugs, If you look at the two reviews provided at IGN for each version you can see that the review was copied and pasted between the two versions except for a small part, showing that their wasn't much change between the two versions.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#6 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
[QUOTE="opex07"]

Panther501
So then why not make MLB 09 exclusive for the ps3. Its quite different from the PS2 version if I recall.

It's actually not
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#7 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

I have it on both 360 and PC, and you have to be insane to think these games are alike. I can post pics and videos, but instead I'll list the differences. Also, the PS2 and Xbox versions are crappy fast paced FPSs with limited gameplay features and modes.

Genre: 360 version is a solid paced TPS while the PC version is a slow paced FPS. The 360 version plays more like Ghost Recon 2 while the PC version plays more like the original Ghost Recon, and I played the 1st 2 Ghost Recons and they aren't alike, I'm such a Ghost Recon fan, LOL.

Multiplayer:

360-Has 16 players and 10 modes: Team Elimination, Team Territory, Team Objective, Solo Elimination, Solo Territory, Solo Objective, Co-op Campaign separate from the main campaign, Co-op Elimination, Co-op Territory, Co-op Objective. There's more options to chose from than the PC version and more ways to customize your soldiers.

PC-Has 32 players and 2 modes: Co-op campaign for the main campaign(you'll need it) and Domination. And it doesn't have a lot of options either.

Campaign differences-Different level designs(PC version's missions are much bigger and more wide open than the 360's smaller and linear levels), mission objectives that while some are the same even though they are done differently due to the level design, a lot are different and even removed from one version while adding another, enemies are placed at different spots and altered(one certain spot could have a sniper in one version and the other could have a enemy with a rocket launcher). The PC version is much harder and more tactical than the 360 version. The 360 version has more music, the PC has a lot less, a lot of it repeats itself. Certain missions are removed from 1 version while added to another(for example, as soon as you start both games, you'll notice that the 360 version has a training mission while the PC version doesn't).

Gameplay differences:

360-You control 3 other teammates at the same time. You can tell them to be aggressive to attack more fiercely. They listen to your orders very well. There's a cover system to use. There's no sprint like the PC version since you are always running. You have to hold the L button to aim well. You can use tanks and gadgets. You can switch different teammates. There are on rails sections.

PC-You can control 3 other teammates at the same time or individually. You can never tell them to be aggressive. They don't follow certain orders well. You have a sprint button, and you'll need it to move as fast as the 360 version since you always walk slow. The lack of cover due to the view is made up for a lean n peak. You can't use certain gadgets that the 360 version has, and no real tank support. You can't switch different teammates, you're stuck with the same 3 idiots. No on rails section.

That's not even all of it! Don't make me post pics and videos, I will do it, at least pics 1st.

Blixxed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Blixxed
Member since 2009 • 1800 Posts

This is like an American trying to explain to a non English speaker the difference between there and their, here and hear etc.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
It took him a while but I knew mitu123 would eventually respond to this with an epic post.
Next-Gen-Tec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Next-Gen-Tec
Member since 2009 • 4623 Posts
Same name, different game. You should look it up; it has been discussed many times.
Blixxed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Blixxed

It took him a while but I knew mitu123 would eventually respond to this with an epic post.Floppy_Jim

I wouldn't be surprised if he just started Copy/Pasting it.

Next-Gen-Tec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Next-Gen-Tec
It took him a while but I knew mitu123 would eventually respond to this with an epic post.Floppy_Jim
He rendered my post futile.
Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts

[QUOTE="Panther501"] So then why not make MLB 09 exclusive for the ps3. Its quite different from the PS2 version if I recall.opex07

The only thing separating the two versions of MLB 09 is graphics, and the PS2 version suffers from bugs, If you look at the two reviews provided at IGN for each version you can see that the review was copied and pasted between the two versions except for a small part, showing that their wasn't much change between the two versions.

Doesn't change the fact that it's AAAE. Is the PS2 version AAA? I didn't think so. The AAAE version of the game is 100% exclusive to the PS3... you can't get an AAA version of MLB anywhere else.
gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

Think of it like

Sonic the hedgehog for Megadrive/PS3/360, same names but totally different.

Blixxed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Blixxed

[QUOTE="opex07"]

[QUOTE="Panther501"] So then why not make MLB 09 exclusive for the ps3. Its quite different from the PS2 version if I recall.Messiahbolical-

Doesn't change the fact that it's AAAE. Is the PS2 version AAA? I didn't think so. The AAAE version of the game is 100% exclusive to the PS3... you can't get an AAA version of MLB anywhere else.

This has already been discussed, and the spreadsheets don't lie.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
[QUOTE="opex07"]

Panther501

So really this was just another MLB 09 should be exclusive thread. Well see mitu post for the reason why that argument is dead.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

I wouldn't be surprised if he just started Copy/Pasting it.

Blixxed

[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]It took him a while but I knew mitu123 would eventually respond to this with an epic post.Next-Gen-Tec

^He probably has it saved in a Word document for convenience.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mitu123

What would be even better if I posts pics, for teh lulz.:twisted:

GabeNewellsPie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GabeNewellsPie
Member since 2008 • 1147 Posts

Not this old chestnut . :lol:

Do we really have to go over this again?

Blixxed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Blixxed

GabeNewellsPie

It has to be gone over at least once a month.

GabeNewellsPie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GabeNewellsPie
Member since 2008 • 1147 Posts

[QUOTE="GabeNewellsPie"]

Blixxed

No joke.

I must see some cow try to argue this point every few weeks,and at the same time, try to argue that MLB The Show is a PS3 exclusive.

Are cows really that desperate and insecure?

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mitu123

GabeNewellsPie

It would help if these people play the games 1st like I did.:lol:

TheCoreGamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheCoreGamer_
Member since 2009 • 767 Posts
[QUOTE="Blixxed"]

[QUOTE="GabeNewellsPie"]

then maybe we should VOTE for it AGAIN instead of having this authoritarian outcome forever.
Blixxed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Blixxed

[QUOTE="Blixxed"]

[QUOTE="GabeNewellsPie"]

TheCoreGamer_

then maybe we should VOTE for it AGAIN instead of having this authoritarian outcome forever.

It's already been voted over 500 times, just because you can't get out of your love struck relationship with the PS3 doesn't mean you can change SW.

TheCoreGamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TheCoreGamer_
[QUOTE="Blixxed"]

[QUOTE="TheCoreGamer_"][QUOTE="Blixxed"]

It's already been voted over 500 times, just because you can't get out of your love struck relationship with the PS3 doesn't mean you can change SW.

well i say MLB 09 is exclusive to the PS3. and for the guy up there that said ign copy'd pasted the review for the PS3 and PS2 versions, that is a straight out lie.
Blixxed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Blixxed

[QUOTE="Blixxed"]

[QUOTE="TheCoreGamer_"] then maybe we should VOTE for it AGAIN instead of having this authoritarian outcome forever.TheCoreGamer_

well i say MLB 09 is exclusive to the PS3. and for the guy up there that said ign copy'd pasted the review for the PS3 and PS2 versions, that is a straight out lie.

And the thread above this one proves why you think MLB 09 the show is exclusive, without even mentioning it.

Next-Gen-Tec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Next-Gen-Tec

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/736206/tom-clancys-ghost-recon-3/videos/graw_vidreview.html;jsessionid=5j3go7qk0ghft

Listen to what he says at the beginning (0:12).

'nuff said. Lock this undercover MLB 09 thread.

TheCoreGamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TheCoreGamer_
[QUOTE="Blixxed"]

And the thread above this one proves why you think MLB 09 the show is exclusive, without even mentioning it.

um ok? thats all you got? im guessing you havent played it then, good day Sir.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts

[QUOTE="Blixxed"] [QUOTE="Next-Gen-Tec"][QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]It took him a while but I knew mitu123 would eventually respond to this with an epic post.Floppy_Jim

That's actually not a bad idea. Although, it would have been more handy a year or two ago when the 'GRAW is multiplat!!1' threads were popping up every other hour...
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mitu123

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/736206/tom-clancys-ghost-recon-3/videos/graw_vidreview.html;jsessionid=5j3go7qk0ghft

Listen to what he says at the beginning (0:12).

'nuff said. Lock this undercover MLB 09 thread.

Next-Gen-Tec

Ha, even the PS3 lovers IGN said it's different from the other systems, even though I explained some of it.

Blixxed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Blixxed

[QUOTE="Blixxed"]

[QUOTE="TheCoreGamer_"] well i say MLB 09 is exclusive to the PS3. and for the guy up there that said ign copy'd pasted the review for the PS3 and PS2 versions, that is a straight out lie.TheCoreGamer_

So that means you have MLB 09 The Show on PS3, PS2, and PSP, along with GRAW for 360, PC, PS2, and Xbox...right?

TheCoreGamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TheCoreGamer_
[QUOTE="Blixxed"]

So that means you have MLB 09 The Show on PS3, PS2, and PSP, along with GRAW for 360, PC, PS2, and Xbox...right?

pretty much. except graw for xbox1.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mitu123
[QUOTE="Blixxed"]

[QUOTE="TheCoreGamer_"] um ok? thats all you got? im guessing you havent played it then, good day Sir.TheCoreGamer_

It's like the PS2, but better.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mitu123
[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]

[QUOTE="Blixxed"] He rendered my post futile.Verge_6

That's actually not a bad idea. Although, it would have been more handy a year or two ago when the 'GRAW is multiplat!!1' threads were popping up every other hour...

I wish I was here earlier, LOL.
Blixxed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Blixxed

[QUOTE="Verge_6"][QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]

mitu123

I wish I was here earlier, LOL.

Well the fashionably late are still popping up, you can be the official welcome party.

TheCoreGamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TheCoreGamer_

mitu123

from what ive heard the ps2 version > xbox :).

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="TheCoreGamer_"] pretty much. except graw for xbox1.TheCoreGamer_

According to the reviews, it's Xbox>PS2. Plus the graphics are better too.:P

TheCoreGamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TheCoreGamer_
[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="TheCoreGamer_"]

It's like the PS2, but better.mitu123

bu but ps2 version sold more. lem logic ftl.
x360owna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 x360owna
Member since 2009 • 419 Posts
If MLB is exclusive, then by that logic, Mass effect is exclusive.
ThePRAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ThePRAssassin
Member since 2009 • 1344 Posts

[QUOTE="TheCoreGamer_"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"] It's like the PS2, but better.mitu123

and we know how much cows care about their graphics.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
Because the 360 version was an entirely different game.
DaViD_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DaViD_99
Member since 2007 • 2496 Posts
Random question but is Tiger Woods 10 a wii exclusive?
Next-Gen-Tec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Next-Gen-Tec
[QUOTE="TheCoreGamer_"][QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="TheCoreGamer_"] from what ive heard the ps2 version > xbox :).

bu but ps2 version sold more. lem logic ftl.

Proof that previous PS2 owners now own 360.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"] Doesn't change the fact that it's AAAE. Is the PS2 version AAA? I didn't think so. The AAAE version of the game is 100% exclusive to the PS3... you can't get an AAA version of MLB anywhere else.

I think it's really about time system wars let go of this pointless arbitrary system of judging a systems quality. When we're actually saying 'you cant get a AAA version of that game anywhere else' i think we've let our 'rules' go a little too far.