343 Industries to continue Halo development now and in the future!

• 72 results
KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12948 Posts

@gifford38 said:
@kvallyx said:

Sadly, Naughty Dog lost 70% of their employees, and now 3 years later they still can't finish TLOU2. It's probably high time to put TLOU and Uncharted in better hands. Maybe give them to Polyphony Digital.

why can't you admit 343 studios was under rough management during this time? even 343 even said they had interns coming in and out working on what the last intern was working on. it was a nightmare just like what naughty dog is going through.

Everyone knows 343 and Naughty Dog have had rough management issues. But Naughty Dog and 343 aren't closing their studios down or discontinuing games.

Sony fans want 343 to close. They don't really care about anything else other than Halo.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7162 Posts
@kvallyx said:
@gifford38 said:

the game was good but the animation and graphics was so bad even for a xbox one game.

ok show me praise on the animation and its graphics.

gears 4 not even 5 looks better than halo textures. animation is not even close to hfw2 or ratchet and clank or spiderman.

not saying the games isn't fun its just the animation and textures was bad for a flag ship game.

heck high on life looks better than halo.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 KvallyX

@gifford38 said:
@kvallyx said:
@gifford38 said:

the game was good but the animation and graphics was so bad even for a xbox one game.

heck high on life looks better than halo.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#54 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

I'm actually very hopeful. I think 343 is more than capable of handling Halo. As far as Infinite's shortcomings go I often feel an overlooked aspect of why so much of its development was outsourced to contractors was how they were developing the PC build of Halo MCC for PC through the end of 2020 and how that didn't leave 343 senior staff much time to work on Halo Infinite before its release, in no way to make major substantial changes to it.

It would also explain why their staff was bloated and why layoffs may have effected them now. After all they brought in contractors because they were really working on two major projects and they kept them around to get caught up on post-release features but now that they're done with the major updates there's less reason to be staffed as they are.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#55 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

Halo isn’t COD. 343i nailed it with infinite, and I don’t want to see it relaunched as a 3rd person rpg….they tried changing gameplay with jetpaks and acrobatics in 4, and it didn’t feel like Halo.

Content has been way too slow to appear though, and I’m guessing 343 will concentrate on that.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

@lamprey263: yes, this is a fantastic post 👏

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8046 Posts

Really enjoyed Halo Infinite and it was deserving of the 9/10 and 87% metacritic at launch imo.. post-launch content for the F2P multiplayer has been way too slow and this recent/current online event is the first I've skipped as i'm just not interested in diving back in at the moment..

i may poke my head in for Season 3 and i'll definitely come back for any singleplayer content whether it's DLC or a brand new campaign..

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#58 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

Yeah it’s just a blast to play. Forge is great.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#59 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34601 Posts

So.. a very delayed, stripped down and yet still unfinished Halo game next time too? Great. 👍

If I was a Halo fan, I'd be pissed. lol

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 KvallyX

@Litchie said:

So.. a very delayed, stripped down and yet still unfinished Halo game next time too? Great. 👍

Lol wut 😂

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Litchie

@kvallyx said:
@Litchie said:

Lol wut 😂

Guess you're an Infinite fan?

What about Infinite being delayed and stripped down was wrong?

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

Why do you consider this a good thing? Lems deserve MS as they are. You guys want to give MS the keys to the kingdom (buying Activision, guaranteed casual support with COD) for little more than a check. After years of mismanagement? They'll never improve, because you don't ask them to. Never demand better, as long as you get to own the "Cows". Sad.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@kvallyx said:
@sargentd said:
@tdkmillsy said:

Obviously issues in 343 leading to delays and staff being let go. Yet they still realeased a block buster single player game. Learn lessons rebuild and bring it in both areas next time.

Looking forward to it.

Alot of people and influencers want to point at 343 laying off staff as some kind of proof they are going under... Microsoft is laying off over 10,000 positions.. about 100 people are being let go at 343...

People jumping on 343 without pointing out people are being let go (not just at 343) but across the board. The truth is we are in a recession. Inflation has gotten intense, people are struggling to keep up with cost of basic goods, less people spending money on gaming. It's not just 343. It's the economy. Tech jobs are getting cut left and right. It's not just 343 or MS. It's the entire industry. It's the economy.

Sadly, Naughty Dog lost 70% of their employees, and now 3 years later they still can't finish TLOU2. It's probably high time to put TLOU and Uncharted in better hands. Maybe give them to Polyphony Digital.

You're comparing a successful critical and financial game like TLOU2 to Halo Infinite? Hang your hat on that 9 all you want, doesn't change the fact that the game is a failure. Even MS and their own devs admit it, but the "manticore" you are constantly needs to spin. Sad to see Lems reduced to this. 😂

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 KvallyX

@Litchie said:
@kvallyx said:
@Litchie said:

Lol wut 😂

You mean you are mad because it received a 9?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By KvallyX
@Sagemode87 said:
@kvallyx said:
@sargentd said:
@tdkmillsy said:

Obviously issues in 343 leading to delays and staff being let go. Yet they still realeased a block buster single player game. Learn lessons rebuild and bring it in both areas next time.

Looking forward to it.

Alot of people and influencers want to point at 343 laying off staff as some kind of proof they are going under... Microsoft is laying off over 10,000 positions.. about 100 people are being let go at 343...

People jumping on 343 without pointing out people are being let go (not just at 343) but across the board. The truth is we are in a recession. Inflation has gotten intense, people are struggling to keep up with cost of basic goods, less people spending money on gaming. It's not just 343. It's the economy. Tech jobs are getting cut left and right. It's not just 343 or MS. It's the entire industry. It's the economy.

You're comparing a successful critical and financial game like TLOU2 to Halo Infinite? Hang your hat on that 9 all you want, doesn't change the fact that the game is a failure. Even MS and their own devs admit it, but the "manticore" you are constantly needs to spin. Sad to see Lems reduced to this. 😂

True. TLOU2 doesn’t even hold a candle to Halo Infinite.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Litchie
@kvallyx said:
@Litchie said:
@kvallyx said:
@Litchie said:

Lol wut 😂

Lazy boring SW remark instead of an answer. Cool. Guess I'm a Microsoft hater as well then? I don't care what score GameSpot gives games, no. I care more about 343's crappy job with Infinite.

Game itself was delayed, several times if I'm not mistaken.
Co-op was very delayed, and they canceled the promised local co-op.
The MP is stripped down. Past Halos had more weapons, modes and you could play as the Elites. Without microtransactions.
Forge was just recently released, two freaking years after the game's release.

Feel free to reply with a non stupid post if you want.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 KvallyX

@Litchie said:
@kvallyx said:
@Litchie said:
@kvallyx said:
@Litchie said:

Lol wut 😂

Lazy boring SW remark. Guess I'm a Microsoft hater as well then? I don't care what score GameSpot gives games, no.

I care more about 343's crappy job with Infinite.

Game itself was delayed, several times if I'm not mistaken.

Co-op was very delayed, and they canceled the promised local co-op.

The MP is stripped down. Past Halos had more weapons, modes and you could play as the Elites. Without microtransactions.

Forge was just recently released, two freaking years after the game's release.

Ok let’s skip GS score. 87 on OpenCritic, happy now?. The game has the largest campaign ever (and highly rated), has multiplayer, forge, co-op, and is available to play on Xbox One, Xbox Series, Windows PC, iOS and Android. Halo was delayed once.

Though it is agreed that 343 has dropped the ball on releasing new content for the multiplayer.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Litchie
@kvallyx said:

Ok let’s skip GS score. 87 on OpenCritic, happy now?

I know it's super hard to understand for some, but I don't care what score a game has on MC either (or OpenCritic, which I haven't even heard about). I really don't need others telling me what's good and what isn't.

@kvallyx said:

The game has the largest campaign ever (and highly rated)

And probably the most boring (I don't care)

@kvallyx said:

has multiplayer, forge, co-op

Very stripped down with microtransactions, released two years later, half of the promised co-op.

@kvallyx said:

and is available to play on Xbox One, Xbox Series, Windows PC, iOS and Android.

Wow, so amazing. lol. Must mention that even though it has no meaning in order to make the game sound better.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 KvallyX

@Litchie said:
@kvallyx said:

Ok let’s skip GS score. 87 on OpenCritic, happy now?

I know it's super hard to understand for some, but I don't care what score a game has on MC either (or OpenCritic, which I haven't even heard about). I really don't need others telling me what's good and what isn't.

@kvallyx said:

The game has the largest campaign ever (and highly rated)

And probably the most boring (I don't care)

@kvallyx said:

has multiplayer, forge, co-op

Very stripped down with microtransactions, released two years later, half of the promised co-op.

@kvallyx said:

and is available to play on Xbox One, Xbox Series, Windows PC, iOS and Android.

Wow, so amazing. lol. Must mention that even though it has no meaning in order to make the game sound better.

Wow! So you established you don’t like it. Guess what? I don’t give a ****. I like it and I score it consistently with the reviews.

Or do I need your permission to like it? Good lord.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Litchie

@kvallyx said:

Wow! So you established you don’t like it. Guess what? I don’t give a ****. I like it and I score it consistently with the reviews.

Why would you need my permission? Stop being so weird. You're the one who made a dumb SW remark instead of answering and just followed up with review scores of random people instead of having a discussion.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 KvallyX

@Litchie said:
@kvallyx said:

Why would you need my permission? Stop being so weird. You're the one who made a dumb SW remark instead of answering and just followed up with review scores of random people instead of having a discussion.

Fine. I like the game but also agree that 343 failed in some areas and they need to do better next time.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Litchie

@kvallyx said:
@Litchie said:
@kvallyx said:

Fine. I like the game but also agree that 343 failed in some areas and they need to do better next time.

Thank you.