343 Industries to continue Halo development now and in the future!

• 72 results
KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12894 Posts

We all know one should never jump on the internet rumors and BELIEVE! The GS rated 9.0 Halo Infinite and future Halo games to continue as normal, confirmed by 343 Industries.

Now that 343 has confirmed more Halo campaigns to come, where would you like to see the story go after Halo Infinite? They have a great campaign foundation, so where do my fellow SW friends want to see Master Chief go forward?

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

Let's just say a wee bit of confidence has been lost.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

Huge L

They want to give it to someone else, but nobody has talent at MS, and every single studio is as poorly managed, so what's the point?😂😂😂

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44021 Posts

As far as where the campaign should go. They've gone in the right direction with Infinite, so I trust they'll continue that trend, I'm good. I can't wait for more. ;)

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 KvallyX

@hardwenzen said:

Huge L

They want to give it to someone else, but nobody has talent at MS, and every single studio is as poorly managed, so what's the point?😂😂😂

Did you finish the Halo Infinite campaign? If so, what direction would you like to see 343 take Master Chief for the next installment? I am excited!

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hardwenzen

@kvallyx said:
@hardwenzen said:

Huge L

Did you finish the Halo Infinite campaign? If so, what direction would you like to see 343 take Master Chief for the next installment? I am excited!

NOT the 343i direction

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44098 Posts

Going to have to take this with a bit of skepticism for now but it sure would be something if they can turn things around over there. They delivered a great campaign and a very solid foundation in the multiplayer. Just need to shore up the content support.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8848 Posts

@kvallyx said:
@hardwenzen said:

Huge L

He's never played it.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50541 Posts

This was already posted in one of those other Halo threads.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16534 Posts

@kvallyx: this is why you never listen to rumors.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KvallyX

@dabear said:
@kvallyx said:
@hardwenzen said:

Huge L

He's never played it.

Ah, well then, that explains it. I think.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hardwenzen

@kvallyx said:
@dabear said:
@kvallyx said:
@hardwenzen said:

Huge L

He's never played it.

Huge L for you both. Still in denial about the epic failure that is Infinite. Its so bad they cleaned house, and fired everyone. What a successful title. Those 20+ million downloads helped a lot.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13  Edited By Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

As the sang goes, fourth times the charm.

Did I get that right?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58268 Posts

That tweet doesn't discount what the "rumor" said.

I imagine MS will outsource Halo development to a different studio while keeping certain talent at 343i engaged with the "big picture" aspects--where the story goes, what kind of multiplayer modes there will be, etc--in order to avoid any loss of face.

This feels like some shady backroom business deal where 343i got their suits to stick around and MS got to fire all the developers.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8848 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@kvallyx said:
@dabear said:
@kvallyx said:
@hardwenzen said:

Huge L

He's never played it.

Huge L for you both. Still in denial about the epic failure that is Infinite. Its so bad they cleaned house, and fired everyone. What a successful title. Those 20+ million downloads helped a lot.

They didn't fire "everyone". And, the game's single player was great. There were and are problems with the ongoing multiplayer and lack of content.

Why do I know Halo Infinite is so great? Because the game came out almost 14 months ago, and it still has more conversations going on about it that God Of War: Ragnarok - your "banger" that no one is talking about anymore.

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 910 Posts

That's a terrible business decision then. If you want to keep people like Pierre Hintze on Halo then fine, but it's time to give it to a different dev or shutdown 343 and create a new studio.

I don't really care if Halo Infinite becomes another No Man's Sky situation where the game is amazing in another year or 2. Why would I believe 343 could launch another Halo game someday that isn't broken on day 1?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KvallyX

@mrbojangles25 said:

I imagine MS will outsource Halo development to a different studio while keeping certain talent at 343i engaged with the "big picture" aspects--where the story goes, what kind of multiplayer modes there will be, etc--in order to avoid any loss of face.

This feels like some shady backroom business deal where 343i got their suits to stick around and MS got to fire all the developers.

But it does debunk the rumor. Which is great news.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mrbojangles25

@kvallyx said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Is it good news?

You'd rather 343i continue on in some token fashion or some other terrible way?

Don't you think they've had their chance? Maybe it's time to let a different studio work on it. Let 343i work on something else, maybe something better?

Anything but the same shit we've been seeing for the last 10+ years.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8175 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@kvallyx said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Is it good news?

Don't you think they've had their chance? Maybe it's time to let a different studio work on it. Let 343i work on something else, maybe something better?

I wouldn't switch teams on Infinite. I actually like the direction infinite has been going since the release of Forge the game has been great. It took them too long at the start for sure, but what's there now is great.

Id be open to another developer on a future Halo game. maybe get ID to make the next Halo. But at this point it would be counter productive taking 343 off Infinite.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mrbojangles25

@sargentd said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@kvallyx said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Is it good news?

I wouldn't switch teams on Infinite. I actually like the direction infinite has been going since the release of Forge the game has been great. It took them too long at the start for sure, but what's there now is great.

Id be open to another developer on a future Halo game. maybe get ID to make the next Halo. But at this point it would be counter productive taking 343 off Infinite.

Yeah that's fair, I was talking about the next installment.

I'd like to see Id/Machine Games take a crack at it. A lot of people talk smack about the Wolfenstein reboots, but they are fun, solid shooters. I'd like to see that same over-the-top approach taken with Halo, I think they'd work well together.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Man, would hate to see Id relegated to Halo duty. Generally don't give a shit about these MS acquisitions either way, but Id is my one worry. Just want them to do their own thing.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#22 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

@sargentd said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@kvallyx said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Is it good news?

It's not about you though is it? If a 100m people disliked it and only you loved it, then the game would not go ahead any further. Barely anyone plays that dog turd, you can like it as much as you like, it's crap.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mrbojangles25

@Random_Matt: is the playerbase small?

I imagine people tired of waiting for content jumped ship to CoD when it came out.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 KvallyX

@mrbojangles25 said:
@kvallyx said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Is it good news?

Yup, 343 does a great job. Campaign turned out awesome, and got great review scores. Multiplayer, the gameplay itself, is praised to the moon and back. The problem is the frequency of content release for the multiplayer, as it is F2P now. They dropped the ball there.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#25 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69353 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

Man, would hate to see Id relegated to Halo duty. Generally don't give a shit about these MS acquisitions either way, but Id is my one worry. Just want them to do their own thing.

I feel like these purchased studios would be left to their own devices.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SargentD

@mrbojangles25 said:

I imagine people tired of waiting for content jumped ship to CoD when it came out.

I find games instantly. Since custom games browser and forge released I've been having a blast. The mechanics/gameplay are great in infinite. The problem has been slow drip of new content (game modes and maps) Forge and custom games browser has helped in that department immensely.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By deactivated-642321fb121ca
@mrbojangles25 said:

Not entirely sure on official numbers, steam it is non-existent. Then all the original staff leave, then all this MS letting loads of staff go. Seems pretty fucked to me. And the latest COD is the best selling in the series, hard to compete with that.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@Pedro:

I think so too. Saying I'm worried is a stretch, just don't enjoy reading some of the studio/IP fanfiction that comes with it lol.

And tbh, my own wants aside, don't even think they're a good fit for Halo.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7126 Posts

I feel 343 did a ok job. halo should of been there graphical power house to show off the next gen system or at least looked better than it did. I mean gears looks way better than this game and it came out years before.

microsoft needs to step in and get new management.

the game was good but the animation and graphics was so bad even for a xbox one game.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KvallyX

@gifford38 said:

the game was good but the animation and graphics was so bad even for a xbox one game.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Randy_Lahey
Member since 2022 • 1803 Posts

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60702 Posts

Hopefully they learn from their mistakes and the next Halo games doesn't flop like Infinite.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-642321fb121ca

Just think, if that humongous deal goes through, I bet Activision will be developing the next Halo.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 KvallyX

@Heil68 said:

Hopefully they learn from their mistakes and the next Halo games doesn't flop like Infinite.

True. The next one will be a 10.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 KvallyX

@randy_lahey said:

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#36 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69353 Posts

@kvallyx:

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Damn,cows backed the wrong horse again,I guess 343 are back to being a shit developer.......yet HFW and GOWR couldn't outscore infinite 🤣

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38  Edited By tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5857 Posts

Obviously issues in 343 leading to delays and staff being let go. Yet they still realeased a block buster single player game. Learn lessons rebuild and bring it in both areas next time.

Looking forward to it.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SargentD

@tdkmillsy said:

Obviously issues in 343 leading to delays and staff being let go. Yet they still realeased a block buster single player game. Learn lessons rebuild and bring it in both areas next time.

Looking forward to it.

Alot of people and influencers want to point at 343 laying off staff as some kind of proof they are going under... Microsoft is laying off over 10,000 positions.. about 100 people are being let go at 343...

People jumping on 343 without pointing out people are being let go (not just at 343) but across the board. The truth is we are in a recession. Inflation has gotten intense, people are struggling to keep up with cost of basic goods, less people spending money on gaming. It's not just 343. It's the economy. Tech jobs are getting cut left and right. It's not just 343 or MS. It's the entire industry. It's the economy.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 KvallyX

@sargentd said:
@tdkmillsy said:

Looking forward to it.

Alot of people and influencers want to point at 343 laying off staff as some kind of proof they are going under... Microsoft is laying off over 10,000 positions.. about 100 people are being let go at 343...

People jumping on 343 without pointing out people are being let go (not just at 343) but across the board. The truth is we are in a recession. Inflation has gotten intense, people are struggling to keep up with cost of basic goods, less people spending money on gaming. It's not just 343. It's the economy. Tech jobs are getting cut left and right. It's not just 343 or MS. It's the entire industry. It's the economy.

Sadly, Naughty Dog lost 70% of their employees, and now 3 years later they still can't finish TLOU2. It's probably high time to put TLOU and Uncharted in better hands. Maybe give them to Polyphony Digital.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SargentD
@mrbojangles25 said:
@sargentd said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@kvallyx said:

Is it good news?

Yeah that's fair, I was talking about the next installment.

I'd like to see Id/Machine Games take a crack at it. A lot of people talk smack about the Wolfenstein reboots, but they are fun, solid shooters. I'd like to see that same over-the-top approach taken with Halo, I think they'd work well together.

I like the machine games take on Wolfenstein too. (Barring youngbloodz, yuck).

I'd be open to them doing it, for the SP they could probably do something great. The problem is they have little experience doing MP. And MP is such a critical part of Halo and it's fanbase. That's why I'm leaning towards someone like ID in the future. 343 gets the most backlash because expectations are so high for this franchise. Tbh I don't think it matters who does it. Expectations are so high for this franchise any developer is going to struggle to meet them.

I could sit back and say (ID or Machine games) would have been able to put out an awesome sp campaign with Co-Op and excellent competitive MP, with a gazillion cool maps / new game modes, and a fully functional new Forge system with a custom games browser, all at launch...

But tbh I dont think they could. I'm not sure if any developer could. That's the issue. I don't see anyone really putting out that much content at launch for a single title.

I don't see anyone meeting those expectations. ID and Machine games have made some great games. But none with that kind of content. It's daunting task for any developer.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 above_average
Member since 2021 • 1566 Posts

In response to that post...

Loading Video...

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 KvallyX

@above_average said:

Loading Video...

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By above_average
Member since 2021 • 1566 Posts
@kvallyx said:
@above_average said:

Loading Video...

You've replied with a review score that has nothing to do with the tweet that YOU posted this thread on. The video I posted is talking about tweet you posted.

Deflection attempt or did you forgot what your own thread is about?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 KvallyX

@above_average said:
@kvallyx said:
@above_average said:

You've replied with a review score that has nothing to do with the tweet that YOU posted this thread on. The video I posted is talking about tweet you posted.

Deflection attempt or did you forgot what your own thread is about?

Don't worry my friend. I am just posting facts in my thread. It's ok ;)

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 blaznwiipspman1

@kvallyx: ooff, altboy randy/hardwenzen rekkd as usual.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 blaznwiipspman1

@sargentd: the thing I think that screwed them the most was the engine development. That took far too much time, and they had to make it work for a brand new open world format. So personally I think that going forward, this engine issues will be less of a problem.

They should milk slipspace for this gen and next gen too. Maybe some cosmetic changes but overall, just keep it the same.

They need to prioritize the multi-player portion, and less of a focus on the sp campaign. Though that's also important. The MP is where the bread and butter is made. They will likely also have to modernize the system somewhat so it aligns more with the mp games of nowadays. You can't just stay stuck in the past.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

With all the bad press that 343 has been getting since the news last week, looks like MS is doing some spin PR . We all know that 343 is pretty much doomed

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@kvallyx: ooff, altboy randy/hardwenzen rekkd as usual.

He does it to himself... it's hilarious 🤣🤣

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7126 Posts

@kvallyx said:
@sargentd said:
@tdkmillsy said:

Looking forward to it.

Sadly, Naughty Dog lost 70% of their employees, and now 3 years later they still can't finish TLOU2. It's probably high time to put TLOU and Uncharted in better hands. Maybe give them to Polyphony Digital.

omg really. last of us 2 would still not be out still. fortnite size maps in the world of last of us. they didn't throw together a online mode like the first last of us. even if they are going through new changes at least there not trying to release a unfinished game in that time period.

why can't you admit 343 studios was under rough management during this time? even 343 even said they had interns coming in and out working on what the last intern was working on. it was a nightmare just like what naughty dog is going through.