30 video game characters that defined a decade-gameinformer

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ToScA-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 ToScA-
Member since 2006 • 5782 Posts

No, just no...

Numero Uno is...

SecretPolice

I concur. Master Chief has been all over the place since 2001.

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#52 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

Glados at number one? John Marston at number 2?

lol.

if we are going by last decade, Chief should easily be number one.

FatCatPatRat

You was on to something there until you said Chief should be number one. He's like the most boring character known to man. Not to mention he's also a complete ripoff of the Doom guy. I would take John Marston and Glados over him any day of the week.

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#53 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

[QUOTE="taterfrickintot"]1-GLaDOS- Portal
6-Alyx Vance- Half-Life2
15-HK-47- Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
18-Tommy Vercetti- GTA Vice City
19-The Boss- MGS 3: Snake Eater
24-Jade- Good & Evil
28-Wander- Shadows of Colossus
30-King of All Cosmos- Katamari Seriesfoxhound_fox

Those being really the only ones people will really be talking about in more than 5 years. And the RDR love on this list is despicable (hell, the honeymoon period isn't over yet). I already forgot about Bonnie McFarlane, and want to forget about Marston (but everyone keeps talking about how "great" he is, despite it being a flat our lie, he has no real development).

Batman and Joker from Arkham Asylum are far more deserving of this list than everyone I deleted.

I think you're hating on Marston for the sake of hating. He had plenty of character development, or was I simply imagining it over the course of my 15-20 hour playthrough? I don't agree with the people who try to make him out to be one of the greatest video game characters of all time, but he certainly deserves more credit than what you're giving him.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#54 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I think you're hating on Marston for the sake of hating. He had plenty of character development, or was I simply imagining it over the course of my 15-20 hour playthrough? I don't agree with the people who try to make him out to be one of the greatest video game characters of all time, but he certainly deserves more credit than what you're giving him.

Master_ShakeXXX

He had development... it just wasn't cohesive. Rockstar is s*** at writing, and everyone around Marston felt like a half-assed attempt to fill a world. There was plenty of potential for him to be absolutely amazing... but Rockstar screwed up big time. Had the game been more linear and less open-world, I think it would have benefited substantially. After playing Arkham Asylum, I will never, EVER criticize linear games again. It proves to me that open-world games ruin any chance at quality character development.

ps3wizard45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#55 ps3wizard45
Member since 2007 • 12907 Posts

I can agree with that list....

DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56 DarthJohnova
Member since 2010 • 4599 Posts

Some good ones in there, not sure about Niko Bellic though...his boring character irritated me to no end and sort of put me off GTA IV, a game that whilst it was fun, i think is really overrated.

EzekyleAbadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 EzekyleAbadon
Member since 2010 • 1391 Posts

That's a really f***** up list

gensigns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 gensigns
Member since 2007 • 1495 Posts

Seriously though Master Chief should be at #1 for pure blind devotion or hated he inspires in fanboys. It's supposed to be characters that DEFINED a decade, not who was popular.

I

Chiddaling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#59 Chiddaling
Member since 2008 • 9106 Posts
Chief should be #1. 2 RDR characters...really? Good to see Phoenix Wright up there, though.
Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#60 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11266 Posts
Wow... I respect GI... But that list ... :( How can the only include The Boss from the Metal Gear series? Clearly lacking in that department. Solid Snake for example. (Well Old Snake from MGS4 is last decade "exclusive" I guess) Niko Belic was a terrible character.. So much wrong :cry:
WildDangles92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#61 WildDangles92
Member since 2008 • 137 Posts

The title doesnt say top 30 characters, i dont think these are in any particular order...even if it was i wouldnt call this a bad list, i would however call it an opinion that the writer had, something that everyone here has as well which is why 99.999999% of the people here wont agree with this list, i think everyone here has forgotten that opinions exist