3 yrs later iwata and shigsy were right , Wii will start a gaming revolution !!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kakarot00769

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Kakarot00769
Member since 2004 • 9306 Posts

now, it's biggest competitors are following suit of the idea of motion controls ..too bad nintendo now has an iron grip of the console and handheld industry

bubnux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 bubnux
Member since 2006 • 1934 Posts

First off, nice sig (mmmmm, Elisha). Also, I thought it would take at least one generation for the competition to rip the concept off, how wrong I was. Let that be a lesson to fanboys, next time you bash the Wii for it's motion controlls bite your tongue & remember - Nintendo is who your favourite console maker wants to be.

shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 shoryuken_
Member since 2009 • 3420 Posts

I bet you at TGS '09, Microsoft and Sony will unveil their own inflatable horse peripherals that will revolutionize gaming as we know it.

BoloTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 BoloTheGreat
Member since 2008 • 3483 Posts

I bet you at TGS '09, Microsoft and Sony will unveil their own inflatable horse peripherals that will revolutionize gaming as we know it.

shoryuken_
They might also annouce they have no third party games worth a dam and revolutionise gaming further.
Ragashahs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ragashahs
Member since 2005 • 8785 Posts

not really imo. it just seems nintendo as seperated themselves from MS and Sony and really just want to focus on the casuals crowds while MS and sony both focus on casuals and hardcore gamers and as far as motion controls goes i think a regular controller will still be the default option for the forseable future

Cobalt_Spartan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Cobalt_Spartan
Member since 2008 • 326 Posts

shoryuken_

No, it would probably be a unicorn or a magical leopluradon to avoid copyright infringement

Burning-Sludge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Burning-Sludge
Member since 2008 • 4068 Posts

not really imo. it just seems nintendo as seperated themselves from MS and Sony and really just want to focus on the casuals crowds while MS and sony both focus on casuals and hardcore gamers and as far as motion controls goes i think a regular controller will still be the default option for the forseable future

Ragashahs

Really?:? The people I know who have an X-Box 360 Play games much less than I do. They mostly go to movies and listen to music on MP3 players.

channtheman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 channtheman1
Member since 2007 • 1176 Posts
I totally wish that Nintendo was the only company that did motion controls. I don't really think motion is that fun (I have a Wii) and prefer my games to use the standard controllers. I really hope that MS and Sony keep their motion controls to a minimum and only a second option to the controller. If they make it standard method of control next gen, then that will be the end of my console gaming.
nosedive7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nosedive7
Member since 2005 • 444 Posts

The other companies are going to try but that doesn't mean they will succeed, it still remains to be seen whether what Nintendo has done in regards to controls will have a lasting effect or not. If I were to guess I would say motion controls are never going to completely take over the way analog did after the N64 launched but if some developer comes along and does something special than its certainly possible.

Avatar image for sonicthemegaman
sonicthemegaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 sonicthemegaman
Member since 2008 • 3783 Posts
This only applies to sales.-_-
shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 shoryuken_
Member since 2009 • 3420 Posts

This only applies to sales.-_-sonicthemegaman

Do I need to use my Bankai on you?

Avatar image for sonicthemegaman
sonicthemegaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 sonicthemegaman
Member since 2008 • 3783 Posts

[QUOTE="sonicthemegaman"]This only applies to sales.-_-shoryuken_

Do I need to use my Bankai on you?

ROAR! ZABIMARU!
AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 AHUGECAT
Member since 2006 • 8967 Posts

Microsoft is too late for the motion control party - Project Natal will come out 4 years after the Wii, far too late to make any real impact.

Sony had "Wii Fit" and "Wii Play" already with the EyeToy (Kinetic and Play respectively) but didn't really promote it like Nintendo, or take it too serious.