2K are a bunch of rip-offs!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

conistant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 conistant
Member since 2008 • 2169 Posts

Just read this guys.They did what Capcom did with RE5 DLC.Game companies should not be allowed to do this.

http://www.gofanboy.com/go-fanboy-news/2007-ripoff-report-bioshock-2-dlc-confirmed-already-on-the-disc/

Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Zanoh
Member since 2006 • 6942 Posts

Thank god I liked Bioshock 1 and not 2.

xTheExploited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 xTheExploited
Member since 2007 • 12094 Posts
I am sick of DLC. I really don't like it. They should have everything available and on the disc(s) when it is sold or wait for a next game. Basically what we are seeing today is game developers making a game, then taking away what should originally be there.
IPWNDU2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 IPWNDU2
Member since 2006 • 2535 Posts

wow dude welcome to what we all knew already!

conistant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 conistant

IPWNDU2
Really you knew already??Do you work for 2K?
IPWNDU2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 IPWNDU2

[QUOTE="IPWNDU2"]

conistant

No? It was said on these boards last month. At least I think. Maybe it was under the bioshock 2 game forum. Who knows, but over at 2k forums someone asked about it and a 2k staff member confirmed it. I am about 95% sure someone posted about it here.

tok1879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tok1879
Member since 2005 • 1537 Posts
I am sick of DLC. I really don't like it. They should have everything available and on the disc(s) when it is sold or wait for a next game. Basically what we are seeing today is game developers making a game, then taking away what should originally be there.xTheExploited
This. This is why I wouldn't pay a dime for ANY DLC.
conistant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 conistant

[QUOTE="conistant"][QUOTE="IPWNDU2"]

IPWNDU2

No? It was said on these boards last month. At least I think. Maybe it was under the bioshock 2 game forum. Who knows, but over at 2k forums someone asked about it and a 2k staff member confirmed it. I am about 95% sure someone posted about it here.

Good for you then.But it doesnt change the fact that more and more companies will start following this strategy if something is not done to protect the pockets of us gamers.This amounts to financial exploitation of gamers.
CDUB316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CDUB316
Member since 2009 • 6589 Posts

[QUOTE="conistant"][QUOTE="IPWNDU2"]

IPWNDU2

well the article is from yesterday....soooooooo

svenus97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 svenus97
Member since 2009 • 2318 Posts

I don't really see what the big problem is, no one is forcing you to buy the DLC, if you want to play it I don't see how 5 dolllars is such a big problem.

And here is what Elizabeth, 2K Community Manager said:

"Hey guys,

I noticed there was a bit of confusion about our Sinclair Solutions Tester Pack file size, and I wanted to clear things up for you. The way our engine and game structure works is that people need to have the exact same content for people to play together. One of the challenges with post launch content for MP is that it can split the player base, and we want to avoid that whenever possible. For this content, creating the DLC package the way we did allowed for us to not split the player base – so whether you purchase the new content or not, you can still play with your friends.

I know some of you have strong beliefs about DLC, and I'm not here to sway your opinion or convince you to buy our stuff - if you like what we're offering, I hope you get it and enjoy it. If it's not your speed, enjoy BioShock 2 as we released it.

I want to let you know that DLC is not interfering with our patching capabilities, which are a top priority and are still being actively worked on. We're committed to supporting you and making BioShock 2 the best experience possible.

I hope this clears up a lot of the questions and confusion in this thread!

Thanks,

-Elizabeth
"

IPWNDU2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 IPWNDU2

[QUOTE="IPWNDU2"]

[QUOTE="conistant"] Really you knew already??Do you work for 2K?CDUB316

So what? I followed the game very closely. I guess those who didn't are just now finding out.

CDUB316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CDUB316
Member since 2009 • 6589 Posts

[QUOTE="CDUB316"]

[QUOTE="IPWNDU2"]

IPWNDU2

So what? I followed the game very closely. I guess those who didn't are just now finding out.

i'm sure a gaming site would have learned about it then too

maybe you just saw this coming? idk, lol

doobie1975

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 doobie1975
Member since 2003 • 2806 Posts

[QUOTE="CDUB316"]

[QUOTE="IPWNDU2"]

IPWNDU2

you followed it so closely you can't remember where you read it.
IPWNDU2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 IPWNDU2

[QUOTE="IPWNDU2"]

[QUOTE="CDUB316"]

doobie1975

you followed it so closely you can't remember where you read it.

Yeah imagine that I was on the official forum and the one at gamespot. What are the chances of that?

_Tobli_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 _Tobli_
Member since 2007 • 5733 Posts

I am sick of DLC. I really don't like it. They should have everything available and on the disc(s) when it is sold or wait for a next game. Basically what we are seeing today is game developers making a game, then taking away what should originally be there.xTheExploited

There is not game segements made that are purposefully made to be DLC? You must be kidding.

*Looks at Borderlands,GTA4, Oblivion, Fallout 3 etc DLC.... *

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#16 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

[QUOTE="xTheExploited"]I am sick of DLC. I really don't like it. They should have everything available and on the disc(s) when it is sold or wait for a next game. Basically what we are seeing today is game developers making a game, then taking away what should originally be there.tok1879

I am getting sick and tired of it as well, not that I ever really liked it to begin with. Even with a game like Mass Effect 2, which I absolutely love, I am going to find it hard to bite on the Kasumi DLC that is releasing in April. It just seems to me that this character and her loyalty mission should have been a part of the game. As much as I want it, I'll probably pass, as I hate being nickle and dimed. I'll make due with the freebies.

As far as Bioshock 2 goes, that game left a rather bland taste in my mouth anyway. I would not even bother with the DLC for that one if it was free. It just did not have the magic of the first one for me and came off as rather average at best.

Parasomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Parasomniac
Member since 2007 • 2723 Posts
The only good DLCs are huge expansions like the GTA IV ones or Dragon Age Awakening.
ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#18 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

The only good DLCs are huge expansions like the GTA IV ones or Dragon Age Awakening.Parasomniac

Agreed, I have no problem with meaty expansions. I will eventually be picking up Awakening for sure.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

Good. I have no problem dishing out more money to get more of this fantastic game!

It may be on the disc, but the single player and multiplayer were well worth $1000.

Ultizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ultizer
Member since 2010 • 1037 Posts

>DLC

god this is the reason i hate this gen so much....

at least when i buy a good game like super smash bros brawl, i know nintendo gives me the full game, if brawl was released on xbox 360, half the characters would be DLC, you know this is true.

Aaron89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Aaron89
Member since 2003 • 3377 Posts

Well Elizabeth can go jump in a lake -- that was such a bull response.

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts

DLC for extra little things like weapons, vehicles, skins, side quests.... thats great. Not for anything that has a great affect on a games structure or story.

If you don't get the DLC you will feel your missing out, that you don't have the full experience and are being held to ransom. Cerberus Network was a great idea, buy the game new, make sure the publisher gets its cash and enjoy all the extra's. Then the first paid DLC gets announced for Mass Effect 2 and EA proves their greed.

With new game prices already over the top, DLC being dangled like a golden carrot and publishers trying to curb stomp used games......they need to be stopped.

Fr0wnyface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Fr0wnyface
Member since 2010 • 170 Posts

Good. I have no problem dishing out more money to get more of this fantastic game!

It may be on the disc, but the single player and multiplayer were well worth $1000.

BioShockOwnz

Nice exaggeration, but for an exaggeration to work it hasto be close to believable.

This game wouldn't be worth playing if 2K gave you $1000, it's absolute trash and perhaps the biggest snoozefest ever.

Anjunaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Anjunaddict
Member since 2010 • 4178 Posts
This is silly. You'd think they'd at least try to cover themselves up, like filling the DLC download with useless data or something to make it appear large in size.
Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts
[QUOTE="xTheExploited"]I am sick of DLC. I really don't like it. They should have everything available and on the disc(s) when it is sold or wait for a next game. Basically what we are seeing today is game developers making a game, then taking away what should originally be there.tok1879

It depends when a game is released and a Day later has DLC for sale "ie Dragon Age" yeah you know it's a rip off and just greedy, Capcom has a habit for doing this as well as Bioware. However some games like Demon Soul's I actually want some DLC it's been awhile since the release. I think they should give a time limit on how soon DLC should become available so they don't purposely take thing out of the game to rip people off.
TommyV3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TommyV3456
Member since 2010 • 218 Posts
I really love Bioshock 2... I almost bought this. Super lame though. I hate to hear that a game as awesome as Bioshock 2 has to be tainted with this rip off crap.
Leo-Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Leo-Magic
Member since 2005 • 3025 Posts
[QUOTE="conistant"]

Just read this guys.They did what Capcom did with RE5 DLC.Game companies should not be allowed to do this.

http://www.gofanboy.com/go-fanboy-news/2007-ripoff-report-bioshock-2-dlc-confirmed-already-on-the-disc/

they didnt force you to buy it, did they?
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

Fr0wnyface

Nice exaggeration, but for an exaggeration to work it hasto be close to believable.

This game wouldn't be worth playing if 2K gave you $1000, it's absolute trash and perhaps the biggest snoozefest ever.

Nope. I know you wish that were true, but it simply isn't. You sure you're not talking about a game in your sig?

TommyV3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TommyV3456
Member since 2010 • 218 Posts

[QUOTE="Fr0wnyface"]

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

BioShockOwnz

Nope. I know you wish that were true, but it simply isn't. You sure you're not talking about a game in your sig?

No game I've ever played has been worth $1000. Bioshock 2 is amazing, but considering the stuff is already on the disc... I've already bought... dont really see a reason to buy a key to unlock the rest of what I've already purchased.
RoOodriGowW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 RoOodriGowW
Member since 2008 • 3309 Posts

I know in the US the law system is the commom law , mostly based on jurisprudence, but there should be some law of customer protection against this kind of abuse , seriously.I feel like a complete retard when I see something like this , cause that's what they think of us when releasing this kind of ****. :evil:

Ninja-Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ninja-Bear
Member since 2010 • 1028 Posts
I'm not buying BioShock 2 anyway. The original was an awesome, unique game. A sequel just wasn't warranted.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

Yup, sometimes the dlc is a paranoid joke of the developers trying to squish more money out of our pockets. Eg: in mass effect 2, armors? Seriously? On the other hand borderlands and fallout 3 have quite worthy dlc.

As i have said before, sometimes the dlc is actual content of the prime release that was taken out in order to be sold seperately, well here proof. Still there is worse like the Versus dlc on resident evil 5.

ZippySlappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ZippySlappy
Member since 2009 • 2664 Posts
They didn't rip you off,they pulled a Capcom.