23 titles including some 3rd party are million seller on switch!

#1 Posted by sakaiXx (5930 posts) -

Nintendo confirmed up to 23 titles (1st party/3rd party) are million seller on the Switch!

Below is pulled from wikipedia, its probably accurate, at least they provide links. please update to include other 2 title dear Mr. Mod. Thanks for the hard work.

Congratulations to Mario + Rabbits for being the highest 3rd party games on switch with around 2m as of end 2018. ACTUALLY THAT IS TERRIBLE, SHEEPS PLEASE SUPPORT 3RD PARTY. Dont just port beg but then don't buy, you guys are terrible customers. Heh port begged Persona 5 to hell but in the end nobody will buy, glad Atlus never cared.

Source

https://gonintendo.com/stories/338683-nintendo-79th-annual-general-meeting-of-shareholders-q-a-info-s

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_Nintendo_Switch_video_games

#2 Posted by SaltSlasher (1244 posts) -

Definitely impressive, although I wonder if Wii U and 3DS sales combined had that many this soon.

#3 Posted by sakaiXx (5930 posts) -

@saltslasher: 3ds has many pokemon and nintendo products so they does have many million sellers. dont sure if its this fast.

#5 Posted by Howmakewood (5955 posts) -

Gungeon selling million, at least some of the Switch owners have great taste!

#6 Edited by AJuiceMatts (53 posts) -

pokemon lets go sold over 10 million....? Dear Lord Pokemon SnS is gonna fly off shelves

#7 Posted by Sgt_Crow (6095 posts) -

@BassMan: You are so edgy.

#8 Posted by sakaiXx (5930 posts) -

@howmakewood: yeah that is crazy, must have been discounted so heavily for an indie game to reach 1 million on anything.

#9 Posted by Howmakewood (5955 posts) -
@sakaixx said:

@howmakewood: yeah that is crazy, must have been discounted so heavily for an indie game to reach 1 million on anything.

not really, plenty of indie games have done that

#10 Posted by sakaiXx (5930 posts) -

@howmakewood: oh sorry, on switch 🙈🙈

#11 Posted by Sevenizz (4026 posts) -

Cool. Still haven’t found an excuse to buy a Switch for myself - but good for N that some gamers have!

#12 Posted by Archangel3371 (28415 posts) -

Nice. A lot of great games in that list. Some I already have and some I still need to get.

#13 Posted by Calvincfb (0 posts) -

Where is my sequel to Super Mario Odyssey, c'mon Nintendo, I'm not asking much!

#14 Posted by Wiiboxstation (1395 posts) -

Actually I don't beg for 3rd party games on the Switch. I beg for great 1st party games and Nintendo has more than delivered so far. This is still with a lot more to come.

#15 Posted by ProtossRushX (5640 posts) -

Where is nintendo selects or greatest hits? If a game sells a million they used to be 20 dollars so people can buy em cheap

#16 Posted by lundy86_4 (53653 posts) -

Smash is just a powerhouse. Nintendo hit it out of the park this gen, and released some excellent software.

#17 Posted by NoodleFighter (10464 posts) -

@sakaixx said:

@howmakewood: oh sorry, on switch 🙈🙈

The Switch atm has a better indie market than PC which is a huge thing because PC significantly outsells consoles in most indie games.

#18 Posted by XVision84 (16332 posts) -

Well deserved. A lot of killer exclusives 👍

#19 Edited by sakaiXx (5930 posts) -

@NoodleFighter: sure bud. Too bad not many nintendo console actually buys anything other than nintendo product. 2 million for the biggest 3rd party game, welp those indies selling 50k on switch is good enough I guess.

#20 Posted by sakaiXx (5930 posts) -

@XVision84 said:

Well deserved. A lot of killer exclusives 👍

Yep who needs third party nobody is buying them

#21 Posted by M8ingSeezun (2237 posts) -

Jesus, Congrats to Nintendo!

#22 Posted by Gatygun (1564 posts) -

Not a good look for 3rd party vendors.

#23 Posted by Raining51 (1144 posts) -

well done by Nintendo it seems,

@sakaixx said:

Nintendo confirmed up to 23 titles (1st party/3rd party) are million seller on the Switch!

Below is pulled from wikipedia, its probably accurate, at least they provide links. please update to include other 2 title dear Mr. Mod. Thanks for the hard work.

Congratulations to Mario + Rabbits for being the highest 3rd party games on switch with around 2m as of end 2018. ACTUALLY THAT IS TERRIBLE, SHEEPS PLEASE SUPPORT 3RD PARTY. Dont just port beg but then don't buy, you guys are terrible customers. Heh port begged Persona 5 to hell but in the end nobody will buy, glad Atlus never cared.

Source

https://gonintendo.com/stories/338683-nintendo-79th-annual-general-meeting-of-shareholders-q-a-info-s

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_Nintendo_Switch_video_games

#24 Posted by sakaiXx (5930 posts) -

@raining51: yep, their 1st party games continues to sell well and many already in multi million listing. Too bad on 3rd party though, the best only sold 2m and only 3 in the overall 21 list. Wonder why nintendo fans always fails to support 3rd party but kept on port begging.

#25 Posted by Rockman999 (7508 posts) -

Isn't this par for the course with Nintendo systems? Nintendo games sell, while only a meager hand full of third party games manage to pass the million mark. And yet sheep still want Devs to allocate resources away from the PC/PS/Xbox versions to fart out a sub HD filmic 24fps switch port. Only for them to bitch at "the lazy devs" and never buy the ports. 🤦🏿‍♂️

#26 Posted by Collie_Lover (962 posts) -

~70% Switch owners also own a PS4 or Xbox 1 and already purchased the 3rd party title?

#27 Posted by Speeny (1890 posts) -

Awesome.

#28 Posted by jcrame10 (5153 posts) -

Pretty sad the number one game is a 5 year old port

#29 Posted by m_machine024 (15872 posts) -

Games need to sell a milllion copies to be considered successful?

Did not expect that for Enter the Gungeon tho. I wonder how good Hollow Knight and Meat Boy did.

#30 Posted by m_machine024 (15872 posts) -

@jcrame10 said:

Meh. Barely anyone bought a WiiU.

#31 Edited by Litchie (24152 posts) -

Not sure why we should support 3rd party on Switch so much when Nintendo makes more and better games. I'd have no problem supporting 3rd party games more as long as they're good. But they're more often gimped versions of PS4/Xbox/PC games. I can already play the PC version of these games, which makes even the PS4 and Xbox versions feel gimped.

Another reason why I don't always support good 3rd party games on Switch is that they release much later on Switch. Still waiting for the Switch version of A Hat in Time, for example. Might have to wait a year or more for that. It might be canceled, who knows. Waited like a bitch on Hollow Knight, but that totally paid off. Loved it on Switch.

From my understanding though, indie games do great sales wise on Switch. For me, the Switch is for Nintendo games and indie games. Something the Switch does perfectly. I never understood why some are whining that Switch isn't another PS or Xbox.

#32 Posted by scatteh316 (10252 posts) -

The amount of ports in that list........

#33 Posted by AJStyles (1030 posts) -

Just like the N64, Cube, Wii and Wii U, 3rd party games continue to sell like trash and can’t seem to even break a million.

Nintendo fanboys don’t like video games. They aren’t REAL gamers. They refuse to play anything without a Nintendo logo.

The only 3rd party game to make that list was rabbids which feature Mario and friends LMAO.

And Octopath traveller barely breaking 1.5 million. What a joke.

Good luck getting future Bethesda games when Skyrim,m and Doom is selling so poorly on it.

This clearly shows sheep hate gaming.

#34 Posted by Litchie (24152 posts) -
@ajstyles said:

Just like the N64, Cube, Wii and Wii U, 3rd party games continue to sell like trash and can’t seem to even break a million.

Nintendo fanboys don’t like video games. They aren’t REAL gamers. They refuse to play anything without a Nintendo logo.

The only 3rd party game to make that list was rabbids which feature Mario and friends LMAO.

Good luck getting future Bethesda games when Skyrim,m and Doom is selling so poorly on it.

Above is a fine example of how to construct one of the dumbest posts ever.

#35 Edited by sakaiXx (5930 posts) -

@m_machine024 said:
@jcrame10 said:

But somehow 8.5m people bought mario kart on wii u.

#36 Posted by sakaiXx (5930 posts) -

@Collie_Lover said:

~70% Switch owners also own a PS4 or Xbox 1 and already purchased the 3rd party title?

Typical defense line when confronted with facts. Sometimes you will see people port beg for switch, they all be like "switch is portable I can play on my bed or at work" but when game actually releases on switch everyone falls back to "its on ps4 so I buy there switch is only for exclusive".

#37 Posted by sleepnsurf (3212 posts) -

Only game on there I'd want to play is Zelda tbh.

#38 Posted by scatteh316 (10252 posts) -

@sakaixx said:
@Collie_Lover said:

Typical defense line when confronted with facts. Sometimes you will see people port beg for switch, they all be like "switch is portable I can play on my bed or at work" but when game actually releases on switch everyone falls back to "its on ps4 so I buy there switch is only for exclusive".

Agreed...... nothing but bragging rights when a Switch port gets announced but then, looking at the cold hard numbers, they don't buy them!

#39 Edited by AJStyles (1030 posts) -

@Litchie: I am speaking the truth though. Why aren’t sheep buying 3rd party games?

They clearly don’t want them. They just want to buy the same ish every gen. They want their Mario kart, their smash, Mario and Zelda. That’s it.

They are the very definition of what a casual gamer is. They are perfectly fine with playing 1-2 exclusive Nintendo games per year each gen.

They are no different than the guy who only buys madden and cod every year.

The sales are clearly showing that. The sales clearly show that 3rd party games are not welcome on Nintendo consoles unless they shoehorn Mario into them or make them extremely weeaboo such as JRPG’s.

#40 Posted by Heirren (2257 posts) -

The eshop ought to be reformatted, given the amount of releases.

Seems nintendo eased up just a bit much seeing that the eshop almost resembles the ios app store in the amount of shovelware there is.

#41 Posted by Litchie (24152 posts) -
@ajstyles said:

@Litchie: I am speaking the truth though. Why aren’t sheep buying 3rd party games?

They clearly don’t want them. They just want to buy the same ish every gen. They want their Mario kart, their smash, Mario and Zelda. That’s it.

They are the very definition of what a casual gamer is. They are perfectly fine with playing 1-2 exclusive Nintendo games per year each gen.

They are no different than the guy who only buys madden and cod every year.

The sales are clearly showing that. The sales clearly show that 3rd party games are not welcome on Nintendo consoles unless they shoehorn Mario into them or make them extremely weeaboo such as JRPG’s.

They are buying 3rd party games though. Indie games sell like butter on the thing.

If you're asking why Nintendo fans aren't buying late, really gimped, and yet more expensive versions of PS4 and Xbox games at the same rate people buy those games for the PS4 or Xbox - you're a moron.

#42 Posted by m_machine024 (15872 posts) -

@sakaixx said:
@m_machine024 said:
@jcrame10 said:

But somehow 8.5m people bought mario kart on wii u.

The attach rate is insane on WiiU...... but that doesn't contredict what I said.

#43 Posted by Collie_Lover (962 posts) -

@sakaixx said:
@Collie_Lover said:

Since 3rd party games are on multiple systems they probably reach their maximum lifetime sales potential, and they have a greater chance to reach lifetime sales figures greater than Nintendo exclusives, which only appear on one system (Nintendo). Lifetime hardware sales of Switch = 32m (2years), Xbox 1 =42m (6 years), PS4 =94m (6 yearss). It seems unfair that you are asking 30% of Switch Only owners to compete with everyone else for 3rd party sales figures. Try to respond with a rationale explanation instead of an emotional one-I am genuinely willing to be wrong to be better informed.

#44 Posted by nintendoboy16 (36482 posts) -
@ajstyles said:

The "X hates my Y" excuse in full effect.

#45 Posted by R4gn4r0k (31487 posts) -

Tropical freeze probably sold twice as much as it did on Wii U.