2016's GOTY Trackmania Turbo Out Now

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

The lack of hype on this gem is criminal. It's only $40 and it's out today!!!!!! Let's get some friendly System Wars competition started!Oh, and for those keeping track, it's 1080p on PS4 and 900p on Xbox One. Also the Xbox One has worse performance and more screen tearing. Other than that it's the same great game (maybe even superior because of the controller).

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#2 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

going to play this shit out of this game, though its not out till the 24th on PC and I wont be able to play any until the 28th

played a ton of canyon but not a lot of the other TM2 environments, hope this gets a good community and has a long life

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

joke? Literally never heard of it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-583e460ca986b

@with_teeth26 said:

going to play this shit out of this game, though its not out till the 24th on PC and I wont be able to play any until the 28th

played a ton of canyon but not a lot of the other TM2 environments, hope this gets a good community and has a long life

Oh yeah, I'm excited for the PC release as well. I really loved Stadium and didn't play much Valley or Canyon. This game has a pretty good mix of the 3 styles as well as a new one, "Rollercoaster Lagoon" which is pretty cool. I know all 3 VR headsets will support the game as well. I'm curious to see how that works. I'm probably gonna have a barf bag ready when I try that out.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By with_teeth26

@GoldenElementXL said:
@with_teeth26 said:

Oh yeah, I'm excited for the PC release as well. I really loved Stadium and didn't play much Valley or Canyon. This game has a pretty good mix of the 3 styles as well as a new one, "Rollercoaster Lagoon" which is pretty cool. I know all 3 VR headsets will support the game as well. I'm curious to see how that works. I'm probably gonna have a barf bag ready when I try that out.

Loading Video...

imagine this in VR in first person mode

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

I'm excited.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Really fun game, was shocked when i saw the Ubi logo on the beta.

Not out yet here, but going to get the retail version for the PS4, so that might be next week for me.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

@aigis said:

You're probably a console gamer, not a big surprise there, Trackmania is a 13 year PC franchise. You should feel honored to be able to play a game like this, they're incredible.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts
@dynamitecop said:
@aigis said:

You're probably a console game, not a big surprise there.

actually that would be very surprising

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

@lostrib said:
@dynamitecop said:
@aigis said:

You're probably a console game, not a big surprise there.

actually that would be very surprising

I am the console game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-583e460ca986b

Anyone playing tonight???

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-583e460ca986b

Edit: Title edited for flare.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts
@GoldenElementXL said:

Anyone playing tonight???

Getting it sometime next week.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-583e460ca986b

@getyeryayasout: What a match! This is why I love this game!!!!!!!

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60711 Posts

@getyeryayasout said:

I played one lap on the demo and knew I had to have it, this is gonna be good!

Demo for PS4?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By deactivated-583e460ca986b

My "Room" is "JakeBalsagna81-Normal-Platform" on the room list. Currently #4 on PSN!!!!! Maybe we can start a System Wars room so we can compete with each other!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-583e460ca986b

@Heil68 said:
@getyeryayasout said:

Demo for PS4?

Download the demo. Play it for maybe 20 seconds and then realize you need the game ASAP. Hit the "square" button to download full version, pay $40 for the 2016 GOTY and enjoy!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-583e460ca986b

@getyeryayasout: Man, I'm getting closer and closer to a digital only future everyday. The only physical games I've purchased this year are because of Collectors Editions or Amiibo. It's soooooo easy to just pick whatever you want to play on the fly. I understand resell and loaning to friends concerns. I don't have too many close friends that dont buy everything or gave up games altogether.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 with_teeth26

what the ****, I just learned this game won't support dedicated private servers on the PC. literally 90% of my time with Trackmania (which is probably like 400 hours at this point) has been on these servers, since they would generally be run by clans who would curate awesome tracks. If I wasn't playing on them, I'd be creating tracks and submitting them to the clan websites to try and get them on the server. You'd find a few favorite servers, get to know the tracks, and even the other people who played on them. That was a HUGE part of the past games.

not sure how multiplayer works in Turbo but this is really really bad news. Man this is really deflating. I don't think I've ever had my excitement for a game killed so swiftly

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60711 Posts

@getyeryayasout said:
@GoldenElementXL said:
@Heil68 said:
@getyeryayasout said:

Demo for PS4?

Download the demo. Play it for maybe 20 seconds and then realize you need the game ASAP. Hit the "square" button to download full version, pay $40 for the 2016 GOTY and enjoy!

Exactly right, but I ran to the store and picked it up physical so I can loan it to my buddy and get him to buy it too.

its only $40? Maybe I'll go go it this weekend at BB. I can get it for $32

@GoldenElementXL said:

@getyeryayasout: Man, I'm getting closer and closer to a digital only future everyday. The only physical games I've purchased this year are because of Collectors Editions or Amiibo. It's soooooo easy to just pick whatever you want to play on the fly. I understand resell and loaning to friends concerns. I don't have too many close friends that dont buy everything or gave up games altogether.

I'm not unless they offer DEEP discounts for going DD and not what Greenman or Steam or whatever offers. I'm talking for a brand new game it should be 50% less for me to consider it. With a physical I can lend it, trade it or sell it. DD you give up all your rights and the family share plan is not the answer to me on any platform including PC. Plus it makes my case look full :D

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18796 Posts

@GoldenElementXL: @getyeryayasout:

Shareplay?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-583e460ca986b

@getyeryayasout: Instead of unlocking more tracks in the campaign I've focused on beating your times. You now have some work to do on those early tracks. Do you have any Trackmaster medals? Those things seem to be impossible to get for me.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

Picked it up for PC as i have done with every Trackmania, its more of the same but iits slick and well polished and the menus are finally not a confusing mess.

Trackmania is always an instant buy for me.

starjet905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 starjet905
Member since 2005 • 2078 Posts

Loved Trackmania 2 Canyon, even though I was really bad at it. Probably going to be terrible at this too, but I'll pick it up eventually, when I can get over the fact that I'm about to buy yet another Ubisoft game. Something I really don't want to do anymore.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-583e460ca986b

@starjet905: @naz99: Either of you guys have a PS4?

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

No sorry,just PC at the moment, pretty dissapointed that they couldnt implement crossplay for a game like this it seemed like an obvious choice and a wasted opportunity.

starjet905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 starjet905

Yeah, PC here too. Sorry.

Cross platform play needs to be accepted by more developers.

Kozio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Kozio
Member since 2015 • 781 Posts
@naz99 said:
@GoldenElementXL said:

No sorry,just PC at the moment, pretty dissapointed that they couldnt implement crossplay for a game like this it seemed like an obvious choice and a wasted opportunity.

When I heard TMT comes for pc/consoles I thought finally crossover multiplayer! But then my hype dropped. I'll wait for the Humble Bundle $1 tier.

@with_teeth26 said:

what the ****, I just learned this game won't support dedicated private servers on the PC. literally 90% of my time with Trackmania (which is probably like 400 hours at this point) has been on these servers, since they would generally be run by clans who would curate awesome tracks. If I wasn't playing on them, I'd be creating tracks and submitting them to the clan websites to try and get them on the server. You'd find a few favorite servers, get to know the tracks, and even the other people who played on them. That was a HUGE part of the past games.

not sure how multiplayer works in Turbo but this is really really bad news. Man this is really deflating. I don't think I've ever had my excitement for a game killed so swiftly

Trackmania Turbo wasn't a PC game from the start, it's a console game ported on PC - Developer. If it was never meant to be for PC, then why bother? First Trackmania I'll skip I guess. It lacks a lot of the previous features of the series because they are pretty much PC specific. Well the initial marketing made out this was going to be a great PC upgrade/alternative to the original TM games. It had potential to be great game... thanks Ubisoft for once again f**king over the PC community. With dedicated servers Trackmania is what it is now. Driving over and over the same tracks will be getting very boring soon and people will look for other race games that will fill up the gap that trackmania is creating. It seems that Nadeo has forgotten about it's PC players.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 with_teeth26

@kozio said:
@naz99 said:
@GoldenElementXL said:

When I heard TMT comes for pc/consoles I thought finally crossover multiplayer! But then my hype dropped. I'll wait for the Humble Bundle $1 tier.

@with_teeth26 said:

Trackmania Turbo wasn't a PC game from the start, it's a console game ported on PC - Developer. If it was never meant to be for PC, then why bother? First Trackmania I'll skip I guess. It lacks a lot of the previous features of the series because they are pretty much PC specific. Well the initial marketing made out this was going to be a great PC upgrade/alternative to the original TM games. It had potential to be great game... thanks Ubisoft for once again f**king over the PC community. With dedicated servers Trackmania is what it is now. Driving over and over the same tracks will be getting very boring soon and people will look for other race games that will fill up the gap that trackmania is creating. It seems that Nadeo has forgotten about it's PC players.

yea after putting maybe 10 hours into TM Turbo I don't even see why Nadeo bothered with a PC version. They are going to add the new environment to TM2 and Turbo just lacks so many options the series has always had. I can't even get the game to render in 1080p on my machine, I have no idea why.

If you are a PC player interested in this series, pick up TM2 Canyon and Stadium off steam for 30 bucks and you'll be better off. I always thought Valley sucked and the new Lagoon environment i'm not so keen on either due to the overly sensitive handling. Haven't played Canyon in ages but TM2: Stadium still has populated servers running awesome user made tracks, Turbo already barely has any populated servers and most are running the default tracks that ship with the game.

what a massive disappointment, a game that ditched the confusing Maniaplanet interface and brought all environments into one package with all of the usual Trackmania options would be a game I would have put hundreds of hours into. They should have just made it clear it was a console version of TM2 and I think people on PC would have accepted it.

Kozio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Kozio
Member since 2015 • 781 Posts
@with_teeth26 said:
@kozio said:

@with_teeth26 said:

yea after putting maybe 10 hours into TM Turbo I don't even see why Nadeo bothered with a PC version. They are going to add the new environment to TM2 and Turbo just lacks so many options the series has always had. I can't even get the game to render in 1080p on my machine, I have no idea why.

If you are a PC player interested in this series, pick up TM2 Canyon and Stadium off steam for 30 bucks and you'll be better off. I always thought Valley sucked and the new Lagoon environment i'm not so keen on either due to the overly sensitive handling. Haven't played Canyon in ages but TM2: Stadium still has populated servers running awesome user made tracks, Turbo already barely has any populated servers and most are running the default tracks that ship with the game.

what a massive disappointment, a game that ditched the confusing Maniaplanet interface and brought all environments into one package with all of the usual Trackmania options would be a game I would have put hundreds of hours into. They should have just made it clear it was a console version of TM2 and I think people on PC would have accepted it.

This is exactly what I was worried about it. Seems pretty weird to me that the console players had a demo to mess around with and we get nothing yet. It's almost as though they have something to hide. Guess I'll wait for a big sale to grab this one. Time to reinstall TMU. It's just jaw-dropping that in 2016 a developer decides to not have a development branch for specific pc support while we had it more than 10 years ago. I knew something like that would happen after Ubi did buy Nadeo. Even in early access Grip is a solid game and many other devs/games understand this and create a true pc experience without compromises to the console. Ubisoft doesnt deserve the money they're charging for this game right now. Turbo seems like it is good for what it is. However, it is being priced as if it is a big triple-A title, which is a big no-no for a game lacking several features of its predecessors, at least on PC.

starjet905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 starjet905

All this is making me have second thoughts about getting this. Maybe I'll just go back to Canyon.

PC players are why Trackmania is even a thing now. Way to ruin shit as usual, Ubisoft.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-583e460ca986b

@starjet905 said:

All this is making me have second thoughts about getting this. Maybe I'll just go back to Canyon.

PC players are why Trackmania is even a thing now. Way to ruin shit as usual, Ubisoft.

I played Canyon and Stadium a ton on PC. I am loving Turbo on PS4. Yes it is kind of a bummer I wont get to some some of the crazy stuff like "Star Wars Metallica" but the courses have been great so far. The visuals are a nice update and the UI is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better. The customization isn't there yet, but the core Trackmania experience has never been better.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-583e460ca986b

@kozio said:

Turbo seems like it is good for what it is. However, it is being priced as if it is a big triple-A title, which is a big no-no for a game lacking several features of its predecessors, at least on PC.

It's only $40......

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 with_teeth26

@getyeryayasout said:

@with_teeth26: It blows that PC gamers are getting a console port, especially gamers like you that have so much invested in the series. But man, as a console gamer who's a newcomer to Trackmania, gotdamn I'm having a blast with this game! While I'm ignorant to how the server system worked on previous PC TM titles, I have noticed that certain rooms in the PS4 version are always full and let you race against 100 other racers or so at a time, and it's always rewarding to make it to the podium. I can only imagine how good it must be to have private servers full of amazing tracks, but for a noob, what's there in TMT is amazingly fun and addictive. Ignorance is bliss, I guess. :)

Out of curiousity, how many people do you race against at a time in the PC games?

Yea I don't hold any of that against you, I think as a console game and intro to the series Turbo is not bad at all. Its a great formula even if it is watered down a bit here. PC servers would support things like plugins that would allow for custom music and crazy track skins so you would have tracks that looked totally different than anything that shipped with the game. They would also have things like local records, so your personal best time on a custom track would be saved, and if you got into the top 500 times for a track in server history, that would also be saved.

While I could live without these things, it means that the hardcore Trackmania community is going to stick with TM2 instead of migrating to Turbo, and it is this community that puts in the work to make Trackmania a good long-term game since they are the ones who spend hours making tracks etc.

its a weird and unique series and I was looking forward to diving back into it, might end up reinstalling TM2 for my online fix after I'm done with the solo stuff in Turbo