SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45089 Posts

I'm surprised the Lems didn't post this. Instead, they're talking about the latest craze, the PS5 DualSense 😆 But anyway, congrats to MS on being 20 years in the business. They are a worthy competitor, but they still have worked to be done 😉 Thoughts, SW? Are you or have you been an Xbox fan or owner at some point? I've owned the original Xbox, the 360, and the One at certain points, but they never really grabbed my attention for long. I ended up selling them.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#2 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69411 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

I'm surprised the Lems didn't post this.

No one is surprised a Sony fanny posted this. 😎

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58897 Posts

Thank you for evolving ruining FPS. Popularizing paid online by default. Ruining Peter Molyneux career by allowing him to speak and popularizing wall-cover as the norm in third person shooters.

Excellent contributions to the world.

Thank you.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
Loading Video...

I'm surprised the Lems didn't post this. Instead, they're talking about the latest craze, the PS5 DualSense 😆 But anyway, congrats to MS on being 20 years in the business. They are a worthy competitor, but they still have worked to be done 😉 Thoughts, SW? Are you or have you been an Xbox fan or owner at some point? I've owned the original Xbox, the 360, and the One at certain points, but they never really grabbed my attention for long. I ended up selling them.

Some gamer's just don't have a need to worship plastic boxes.

I know if this was a Playstation anniversary, this thread would be on page 10 by now.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

I'm surprised the Lems didn't post this. Instead, they're talking about the latest craze, the PS5 DualSense 😆

Sony's always on their mind.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11082 Posts

Not gonna lie, the last eight years could have been better.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38801 Posts

This is what they've done to it in 20 years 🤢🤮Ever since they announced/released the Kinect around 09, that is when the Xbox as a whole was fked and it still hasn't recovered.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24913 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Thank you for evolving ruining FPS. Popularizing paid online by default. Ruining Peter Molyneux career by allowing him to speak and popularizing wall-cover as the norm in third person shooters.

Thank you.

Correct. but as of now sony hurt gaming more than xbox. by popularizing cinematic third person games.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

Owner of an OG Xbox. Trying to get my hands on a Series X -- to no avail. I'm admittedly more of a PlayStation fan. That stated, glad to have them in the console space as they do introduce new concepts and innovate while bringing value to the medium.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jaydan

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Thank you.

Correct. but as of now sony hurt gaming more than xbox. by popularizing cinematic third person games.

Sony is also responsible for the death of movie theaters.

No one goes to movie theaters anymore because Playstation makes profit off movie games. Honestly this is a big problem, both for video games and movies.

I was one to believe we keep our peas and our carrots separate, but Sony now does this shit:

I just can't take this witchcraft anymore.

Sony, please take your movies out of our video games, and put movie back where they belong.

Games are games, and movies are movies. Because of this weird combination, people don't go to theaters anymore and now they are dying. How does that feel, Sony.

STOP IT. Please.

You can help fix this problem, Sony. Get rid of movies in our games, and put them back in theaters. Sony shills will follow wherever the sacred cow goes, and if sacred cow is in theaters, Playstation fans will start supporting their local movie theaters again.

Hear me out, Sony, please, do it for the sake of cinema and video games.

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 2592 Posts

@shellcase86 said:

Owner of an OG Xbox. Trying to get my hands on a Series X -- to no avail. I'm admittedly more of a PlayStation fan. That stated, glad to have them in the console space as they do introduce new concepts and innovate while bringing value to the medium.

don't mention the medium, you'll set them off again.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ghosts4ever

@jaydan said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Thank you.

Sony is also responsible for the death of movie theaters.

No one goes to movie theaters anymore because Playstation makes profit off movie games. Honestly this is a big problem, both for video games and movies.

I was one to believe we keep our peas and our carrots separate, but Sony now does this shit:

I just can't take this witchcraft anymore.

Sony, please take your movies out of our video games, and put movie back where they belong.

Games are games, and movies are movies. Because of this weird combination, people don't go to theaters anymore and now they are dying. How does that feel, Sony.

STOP IT. Please.

You can help fix this problem, Sony. Get rid of movies in our games, and put them back in theaters. Sony shills will follow wherever the sacred cow goes, and if sacred cow is in theaters, Playstation fans will start supporting their local movie theaters again.

Hear me out, Sony, please, do it for the sake of cinema and video games.

No reason to go to movie theater when one can watch movies via streaming!!. or have netflix which is plus.

Movie theater cost waaay much money and its outdated in 2021. this is not 1978 where you have to go to theater to watch movie otherwise you cant.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup: btw cup it was xbox that also produce this game

One of the best FPS of all time. was xbox timed exclusive until hit on PC (like Halo) but unlike Halo. this game actually made many PC FPS run out of money. it was this good that go toe to toe with other PC FPS and even surpassed most of them

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jaydan

@ghosts4ever: My friend,

You misunderstand, movie theaters are good. They cost a lot of money cause it makes us rich.

Sony is responsible for death of movie theaters, not Netflix.

As far as I can tell you, Netflix doesn't mix their vegetables. This is why theaters are going down under.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56062 Posts

^But but Netflix has Jupiter's Legacy😏

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#17 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

This is what they've done to it in 20 years 🤢🤮Ever since they announced/released the Kinect around 09, that is when the Xbox as a whole was fked and it still hasn't recovered.

Do you ever not post the same dumb shit post every thread you are on?

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag

Microsoft has been in the console market for 20 years and they've managed to outsell...the GameCube.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#19 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58897 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

@uninspiredcup: btw cup it was xbox that also produce this game

One of the best FPS of all time. was xbox timed exclusive until hit on PC (like Halo) but unlike Halo. this game actually made many PC FPS run out of money. it was this good that go toe to toe with other PC FPS and even surpassed most of them

Incredible.

I retract every spiteful word.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By hardwenzen

@eoten said:
@hardwenzen said:

You right now.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup: exactly. People only see mainstream side. Riddick was masterpiece and only console FPS that is even better than PC FPS.

stacweed11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 stacweed11
Member since 2020 • 447 Posts

I've owned every xbox besides the X. Not my preferred system, but always at least worth having. congrats Microsoft

Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 3347 Posts

xbox 360 is the only xbox i owned and its worth it. anyways congrats MS.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44132 Posts

Has it been 20 years already? Damn, time flies. I was sceptical when the original Xbox first came out but after picking one up and getting a taste of Halo, Forza, Otogi 2, Ninja Gaiden, Guilty Gear X Reload, Dead or Alive, and other games I very quickly warmed up to what they were offering. Hopefully they celebrate this somehow with sales and what not. Anyway kudos to Microsoft and I look forward to many more years of great gaming with them in the future. 👍😁

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Pedro

Meanwhile, the folks waiting for Xbox to die.

Avatar image for deactivated-60cb3701bc83b
deactivated-60cb3701bc83b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 deactivated-60cb3701bc83b
Member since 2018 • 501 Posts

Hard to believe they've been making consoles longer than SEGA did, feels unreal.

Got an Xbox 360 and an Xbox One X but I'm getting an OG Xbox next month and a Series X when I can.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

Congrats Xbox.

Never owned an Xbox console. It never really attracted me since the beginning. Personally, over the past 20 years, Playstation and Nintendo offered better exclusives than Xbox.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28  Edited By dabear
Member since 2002 • 8852 Posts

Three out of 4 XBox consoles were the best of their gen: Original Xbox, 360, and XSX.

XB One was a disaster.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

@dabear: Sony fanboys think the PS3 was great. 😂

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SolidGame_basic  Online

@omegamaster said:

Congrats Xbox.

Never owned an Xbox console. It never really attracted me since the beginning. Personally, over the past 20 years, Playstation and Nintendo offered better exclusives than Xbox.

Halo used to be that one thing they could latch onto before console shooters blew up.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13663 Posts

Why am I not surprised cows are circle jerking in here.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 NathanDrakeSwag

@HalcyonScarlet said:

If you really want to see what a circle jerk looks like take a gander at posts #78 through 88 in this thread

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/returnal-accolades-trailer-33556396/?page=2#js-message-89

No other faction has ever jerked each other off quite like that on SW lol.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Pedro

@HalcyonScarlet said:

You triggered one. 😂

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Bro pedro makes all the sony posts and cows make the microsoft posts around here an throw shade in OP an title usually its lame

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@eoten said:
@hardwenzen said:

You right now.

No, I just think you're someone who would do well with a little sunlight and exercise.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 hardwenzen

@eoten said:
@hardwenzen said:
@eoten said:
@hardwenzen said:

You right now.

No, I just think you're someone who would do well with a little sunlight and exercise.

oooof you couldn't be more wrong if you think i am one of those.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@omegamaster said:

Congrats Xbox.

Halo used to be that one thing they could latch onto before console shooters blew up.

Oh yeah. Halo was mega-popular back then. More reasons why Xbox is forever in Playstation and Nintendo's shadow.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44553 Posts

I noticed it as a sale of select titles on the Xbox store, I thought about getting Lost Planet 2 for $3.99 because it looks like the online matchmaking still works so f*** yeah, I played it back when it released and got it for just $10 because it flopped both critically and commercially, but it was ahead of its time as a game meant to be played in online co-op. In its time this was unforgivable, now it's quite common. LP2 was also rather sloppy and unpolished on the QA side, a common problem with Capcom's games in later half of 7th gen that would carry into 8th gen. I never played LP3, people said it was bad, but they said that about LP2 too, so maybe I might just try it at $3.99.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag

@omegamaster said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@omegamaster said:

Congrats Xbox.

Oh yeah. Halo was mega-popular back then. More reasons why Xbox is forever in Playstation and Nintendo's shadow.

Letting Bungie go was the biggest reason for the downfall of Xbox. Halo immediately fell off a cliff in both popularity and quality as soon as 343 took over. Regardless of what anyone thinks about it Destiny 2 is still one of the most popular games out there after 4 years and Bungie will always have a massive loyal fanbase that follows them anywhere.

Microsoft bet on the IP being too big to fail when in reality it was Bungie that was too big to fail.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SolidGame_basic  Online

@NathanDrakeSwag: isn't Sony working with some people from Bungie on a title? Sounds like potential for Lem tears.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@Pedro: that's the goalpost you're using now? It won't die? Low standards bro. By far the most redundant of the brands, no question. Will give it credit for raising the standards for online gaming though.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@dabear: Oh dear God I needed that laugh 😂, MS has been destroyed each and every gen, no question about it.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

Even the 20 year celebration trailer has mostly HaloGearsForza!

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SolidGame_basic  Online

@pc_rocks said:

Even the 20 year celebration trailer has mostly HaloGearsForza!

Wow, even avid Sony hater PC Rocks is calling Xbox out

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44049 Posts

No Doubt about it.

Best in class, FPS, Halos, TPS, Gears, Racers, Forzas, and unique, never before seen gems like Sea of mofo Thieves, just to name a few.

From the bottom of mah bovine heart, thank you MS/Xbox, truly for the gamerzz... Jazz!!! :P

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Pedro

@Sagemode87: You still upset?😂

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Pedro

@girlusocrazy: They are doing six months of "stuff"

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8852 Posts

@vfighter said:

@dabear: Oh dear God I needed that laugh 😂, MS has been destroyed each and every gen, no question about it.

• The Xbox was a more powerful console than the PS2, and spring boarded Xbox Live. It has significantly more power than the PS2. So much so, that the cow mantra at the time (and yes, I was there) was "I play games, not graphics. PS2 graphics are good enough."
  • The PS3 might have been slightly more powerful on paper, but the 360 had the better architecture (leading to "PC360 games"), outsold the PS3, and had the superior library (due to PC360).
  • The PS4 destroyed the XBox One on every level
  • The XSX is again the most powerful console of the generation. And, Xbox will see the fruits of their labor this gen with all the studio acquisitions they made last gen. I predict this gen will be a PS3 vs 360 all over again.

You can disagree with me on the PS5/XSX, but saying I am wrong about the Xbox v PS2 and 360 vs PS3 is just... fanboyism.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@dabear: PS2 had the better library of games, like it's not even close here. Its also the highest selling console of all time. PS2 win.

PS3 was more powerful, had a better library of games (much closer this time though), free online play and outsold the 360. PS3 win.

PS4 vs Xbone... 🤣 nuff said.

Again thanks for the 😂