2/3 Full-time staff let go at GameTrailers

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Nothing of value lost.

Loading Video...

Hopefully they get a job in blockbuster.

Equal parts hillarious and saddening.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

This sucks :\

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Well I give them all a penis windmill salute. Thanks for your biased contributions in helping make the gaming media a joke. Make sure the door hits you in the ass.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts
@StrongDeadlift said:

@inb4uall said:

Gamespot is gonna be next if they don't fix their site.

This. This site is such a barren wasteland after the site change. I remember even the PS4/XB1 reveal threads didnt have that many pages. Back in the day, threads like that would easily get 10,000+ posts.

Sites like GS or IGN are too big,they´re not going away anytime soon,besides,even if the forum activity is a bit down from before its still pretty active compared to most sites(much higher activity than Giantbomb for instance) and articles sometimes get thousands of posts,that´s where most of the acticity on the site is these days. Also,some threads would be over 10k yeah,but they were so rare even at the peak of the GS forums that it doesn´t make that much of a difference anyway.

Avatar image for 001011000101101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 337

#55 001011000101101
Member since 2008 • 4395 Posts

Well there goes that website. One of the few websites where I actually liked a lot of the people behind it. They seemed pretty genuine.

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Nothing of value lost.

Loading Video...

Hopefully they get a job in blockbuster.

That video had me laughing. "ps3 is stronger than 90% of gaming PCs" lol and dat grenade physics in MW2. What a fuckin' joke they're

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

These kinda sites are losing purpose.... places like reddit are far more informative.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By 001011000101101

@MBirdy88 said:

These kinda sites are losing purpose.... places like reddit are far more informative.

Reddit is a terrible site though. I'd rather spend my entire life in the comment sections on Youtube than five minutes more on that site.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@001011000101101 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

Reddit is a terrible site though. I'd rather spend my entire life in the comment sections on Youtube than five minutes more on that site.

well arn't you a weird one...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 001011000101101

@MBirdy88 said:

@001011000101101 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

well arn't you a weird one...

Not really I just find Reddit to be a deeply disturbing place.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@navyguy21 said:

@Blabadon said:

@StrongDeadlift: And Max Scoville and Anthony Carboni. Those three leaving left a pretty uneducated feeling group at Rev3.

Now that you mention it.....what the hell is going on with game journalism?

Those guys should go to Giantbomb then.

Slowly its becoming the go-to place for objective and unbiased interviews, reviews, and previews.

YouTube yo. That's where you can find proper critique from people who are much more free of agendas or paychecks than gaming journalism (lol).

I can link you a few channels I watch if you want. It's good stuff from passionate, yet rational, people.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62  Edited By inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@MrYaotubo said:
@StrongDeadlift said:

@inb4uall said:

This. This site is such a barren wasteland after the site change. I remember even the PS4/XB1 reveal threads didnt have that many pages. Back in the day, threads like that would easily get 10,000+ posts.

Sites like GS or IGN are too big,they´re not going away anytime soon,besides,even if the forum activity is a bit down from before its still pretty active compared to most sites(much higher activity than Giantbomb for instance) and articles sometimes get thousands of posts,that´s where most of the acticity on the site is these days. Also,some threads would be over 10k yeah,but they were so rare even at the peak of the GS forums that it doesn´t make that much of a difference anyway.

Having to fire staff is different from going away.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#63 B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@stereointegrity said:

@b4x said:

I blame Sony Fanboys!!!

/truthfacts

Of course a lem like urself would

Lem :p

Sony fanboys cried at every review. Bashed guys shows so they just left all together. Angry Gamer.

Sony Fanboys suck my friend, If you're one of them you would never notice this phenomenon.

Discrediting games because of resolution. Crying about reviews. Crying about games being taken from their precious and going multi-plat.

Basing the merit of their games on graphics alone. Calling developers that work their asses off to feed their families Lazy.

The list is endless. Sony fanboys are a cancer on gaming. Facts are right in front of your face?

There are articles all around the net stating the Sony fanboy suckage?

Just a Google search away my fellow poster. Enjoy your search. :P

Zero5000X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Zero5000X
Member since 2004 • 8314 Posts

They used to be one of my favorite sites, but then they went downhill once Shane and Marcus left. The remaining people weren't interested or opinionated enough for me to continue wanting to watch them. GameSpot has turned into a bunch of feminazis. IGN is the only place left with interesting characters.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#65  Edited By GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

That site was propped up by AVGN

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 MrYaotubo

@inb4uall said:

@MrYaotubo said:
@StrongDeadlift said:

@inb4uall said:

Yeah,but as it is GS is more likely to hire more people than to let anyone go,its still pretty huge.

have a look here

It´s on the top 5 gaming related websites worldwide and only IGN is games media from the ones ahead of it(the others are twitch,battle.net and steam),and you have to dig a lot to find the next ones from games media on the list,ng4 and PC gamer are next,followed by Eurogamer,so if stuff like giantbomb wich isnt anywhere near close to GS popularity/revenue/monthly hits is still hiring,do you really think GS will have to fire anyone for the same reasons GT is anytime soon? I don´t.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Hate to see anybody lose their jobs....unless they deserve it by sticking their balls in your Taco Bell lettuce or something.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68  Edited By inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@MrYaotubo said:

@inb4uall said:

@MrYaotubo said:
@StrongDeadlift said:

@inb4uall said:

Yeah,but as it is GS is more likely to hire more people than to let anyone go,its still pretty huge.

have a look here

It´s on the top 5 gaming related websites worldwide and only IGN is games media from the ones ahead of it(the others are twitch,battle.net and steam),and you have to dig a lot to find the next ones from games media on the list,ng4 and PC gamer are next,followed by Eurogamer,so if stuff like giantbomb wich isnt anywhere near close to GS popularity/revenue/monthly hits is still hiring,do you really think GS will have to fire anyone for the same reasons GT is anytime soon? I don´t.

I could be wrong. Personally I think gaming journalism has gone down hill. I look to places like you tube for reviews anymore. I know anecdotal evidence is basically meaningless here. Just my two cents. Point still stands though. Gamespot needs to fix their shit.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By MrYaotubo

@inb4uall said:

@MrYaotubo said:

@inb4uall said:

@MrYaotubo said:
@StrongDeadlift said:

@inb4uall said:

have a look here

I could be wrong. Personally I think gaming journalism has gone down hill. I look to places like you tube for reviews anymore. I know anecdotal evidence is basically meaningless here. Just my two cents. Point still stands though. Gamespot needs to fix their shit.

No,I know what you mean and I don´t disagree,GS is just still way too big to care about all the nitpicks from forum regulars,wich is why several of the well known posters on this board like timmy00,jxchamp,darklink,arach666,adrienwerner,archvile,silvurcross,,thegame21,etc either barely post anymore or stopped completely,but they´re to few to make any difference,the site is just too big.

And lets face it,the only reason IGN is ahead of GS is because it doesnt just covers games like GS,they have a broader audience with movies,tv shows and music as well,while GS is just games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#70  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

LOL I know I shouldnt cause people are getting fired and all but I cant help but laugh reading through this. Mods on GT forums were god awefull and banned people for everything and for nothing. Ever since I left GT forums and came to GS I never looked back. Mods here are more laid back than those little shits at GT. I seriously blame GT mods for driving off people out of that site

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#71 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@StrongDeadlift said:

@navyguy21 said:

This is most likely the death of Gametrailers as we know it.

The forums are already dead, have been for a couple years now.

Now all the creative content like The Final Bossman are sure to be next.

Hope Kyle goes to Rev3 or something that could use his talents.

Rev 3 fell off for me after Adam Sessler left.

yea...as much as i love looking at tara long...i cant stand the other dude

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#72  Edited By heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Ah, they got bought out. This always happens after a company is acquired by another.

Rough losing those jobs though. I've been through one of those mass firing "events" and even though I wasn't fired it was a pretty shitty time for everyone.

ChiefFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#73 ChiefFreeman
Member since 2005 • 5667 Posts

Gametrailers started out strong. I thought it would overtake IGN and Gamespot at one point. Now it's going to die a slow death like 1up.