Also thanks for being kind here's a picture of a hot chick

lol

Cheeky bastard.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
#102 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (6789 posts) -

LMAO.

Sad.. Pathetic.. hilarious. Have fun lems

#103 Posted by Spitfire-Six (1377 posts) -

So we are using piracy now as an excuse to devalue something?

#104 Posted by Tighaman (1038 posts) -

These people soooooo pathetic great talent and look forward to about 5 of those just mad again because the ps4 is not doing it cry babies oh but you can't wait for vita tv lol squares

#105 Posted by Dire_Weasel (16681 posts) -

Tell me honestly, guys. Are you really excited about TV, TV, TV, or is it just because the TV is going to be on your console of choice.

This seems like money that might have been better spent on first-party games.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
#106 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -
@spitfire-six said:

So we are using piracy now as an excuse to devalue something?

no

#107 Posted by Spitfire-Six (1377 posts) -

@Dire_Weasel said:

Tell me honestly, guys. Are you really excited about TV, TV, TV, or is it just because the TV is going to be on your console of choice.

This seems like money that might have been better spent on first-party games.

It was already mentioned that the TV series and money spent will not affect the gaming aspects of The XBOX1.

Im excited to see a Halo movie/series. Ive always wanted to see how they would tell this story. I didn't think it would be on XBOX, I didn't know about the tv shows for xbox until last week.

I don't see the big deal, its not detracting from games, and its just something extra on top I'm already paying for gold so ?

#108 Edited by tymeservesfate (2230 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@tymeservesfate said:
@Animal-Mother said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Animal-Mother said:

That's not what I asked you. And you're usually better to give me the crock of shit PR statement. Also we know Microsofts history of abandoning consoles pretty regularly into the consoles respective cycle.

cmon lol, MS doesnt routinely abandon their consoles...at all. MS has only put out 3 consoles...one was let go, the other two are still getting supported to this day. they only let the original Xbox go because it wasnt built to progress to where the Xbox 360 was going. probably because it wasnt advance enough. but the Xbox360 is still getting games and support steadily. i see news on games and things happening on the XB360 at least a few times a week...i just don't post it because the board seems focused on next gen news.

http://www.totalxbox.com/75640/reviews/child-of-light-xbox-360-review/

http://www.totalxbox.com/75626/reviews/dustforce-xbox-360-review/

http://www.totalxbox.com/75537/minecraft-xbox-360-saves-will-carry-over-to-the-xbox-one/

http://www.totalxbox.com/75497/previews/enemy-front-xbox-360-hands-on-this-world-war-is-wearing-thin/

http://www.totalxbox.com/75394/grid-autosport-revealed-for-xbox-360-trailer-screenshots-and-details/

http://www.totalxbox.com/75359/previews/tropico-5-xbox-360-a-long-overdue-revolution/

and this is just the news from the last week. so you, and cows, really need to stop with the MS abandons its consoles BS...its not close to being true lol smh.

Name one big exclusive that's launched in the last two years that's not gears, forza or halo/

the XB360 isnt abandon and is still getting plenty of support and games. thats the story here. there's a few game releases i've given you links to there...n thats just this last weeks news. the console has not been abandoned...period. besides we're talking about game support...not "big releases". even if we were, where's the ps3s "big release" since the ps4 launch lol?

That's not what I asked you.

What's the last big exclusive the 360 got that wasn't gears halo or forza?

Sure it gets support from the big publishers but no longer from microsoft.

Because sony supported 5 new IPs last year alone.

its not what you asked me lol. i wrote you first...i made the initial statement. you tried to twist the conversation and make it about "big releases" but i stayed on the original topic, and point, i approached you with. my point is that the XB360 is still being well supported...and showed you links to prove that. the only console that stopped getting support was the original Xbox. thats 2 out consoles getting maintaining. proving that MS does NOt abandon their consoles routinely like cows like to say. so why would i change subjects...u wanted to to try and deflect. F that...

besides, i spoke on the "big release" thing as well...so ur just out of answers it seems.

LOL. I asked you what has MS supported with the system with big releases. An obvious answer is they haven't. MS abandoned the system as well as new IPs. Leaving it to the big publishers to release nothing but pretty much multiplats.

• The Last of Us
  • Dust 514
  • Beyond: Two Souls
  • Ni no Kuni
  • The Witch and the Hundred Knights
  • Puppeteer
  • Until Dawn

Xbox 360 exclusives:

• Dark
  • Deadfall Adventures
  • Ascend: New Gods (XBLA)
  • Monaco: What's Yours is Mine (XBLA)
  • Double Dragon II: Wander of the Dragons (XBLA)
  • State of Decay (XBLA)
  • Crimson Dragon (XBLA) (did they release an early one am I missing something or is this the XB1 game)
  • Matter (XBLA)
  • LocoCycle (XBLA)
  • Skulls of the Shogun (XBLA)

Proof is in the pudding bub. Sony all big retail releases. Xbox 360 not so much and lol at lems who call the PS4 indie station 4. That's pretty much all the 360 got last year all XBLA titles LOL

again, you didnt ask me anything...i started the conversation with you lol. all those links i posted just from last week are all new and different games. even if they werent they are still games coming out for the system recently...showing that the system is still being supported by MS. what arent you getting here? i mean, ur going back to 2013 before the next gen systems launched. but we're talking about the companies supporting their last gen systems after the new system have launch. are you trying to say that the games have to be made by big studios for them to count now, lol? ur twisting/SPINNING in the wind friend.

now like i said, what has Sony been releasing on the ps3 that's so great since the ps4 launch, not much. MS has been releasing a nice flow of games and are still adding new features to their last gen system, like with Xbox Original TV. shii even World of Tanks and Plants vs Zombies have been released on the XB360 and are modest successes.

so since ur in the Sony camp i'm asking you...what has the Sony done with the ps3 since the ps4 launch that is showing more support to that system than the XB360 is getting? i'm asking you now. because all i've seen is some multiplats and it missing out on some of the games XB360 got new york city.

#109 Posted by Gaming-Planet (18642 posts) -

Is that why the xbone looks like a giant VSH box? Were they trying to replicate the feel of a tv cable box?

#110 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

Wow! All these games to blow up E3 with megatons and now this! Microsoft is really delivering in the value dept. and it's only going to get better from here on out.

I am happy to be a gamer and owner of the Microsoft Xbox One. The place to be for the future.

#XB1RULZ

#111 Edited by Animal-Mother (27350 posts) -

@tymeservesfate First off I did ask you and you avoid avoid and avoid and continue to avoid, because you know you'll be embarrassed.
Again unless this is too much for you. What games has microsoft pushed on the Xbox 360 as a new IP? You've failed to answer this question time and time again and I've proven you wrong.
I'm not in the sony camp. I'm in the camp of facts and logic. It's fact MS has basically stopped supporting the 360 with new IPs for a very long time. Sony did it until the very end of the consoles cycle. The
last of us being a prime example of it coming out as the last big exclusive for the PS3. MS didn't release a single new IP aside from State of Decay which went multiplat anyways. And it's been two years since
they've launched a big heavy hitting exclusive NEW IP. Newsflash aside from kinect stuff MS hasn't released a new IP since. And even then most of that stuff was re-skinned re-hashed shite anyways.

MS specifically hasn't released anything for the old console aside from gears of war judgement. Even more fact MS abandoned the console and left it to halo, gears, forza games and not new IPs

Sony since the launch of the PS4, the PS3 has had The Show, FF:ARR, FF13 remaster, KH 2.5 remix is coming, Drakenguard 3,The tales games and a main titled persona game coming and last but not least the last of us All exclusive to sonys platforms. Aside from ARR

The 360? Multiplats. While I did name some on the PS3 side there are still exclusives there.

I'm sorry buddy but MS abandoned the 360 to a life of gears, halo, forza a loooooooooooooooong time ago. Their most recent effort? State of Decay which eventually ended up on steam.

MS hasn't talked about a new IP for the thing since i'd say ohhh 2011?

MS does abandon their consoles. I'm not saying they don't support them but once it's all set up they just set up standard practices of games they have and don't release anything NEW.

And that's what i'm saying. If the one doesn't turn around it'll be the same thing all over again but even more monotonous.
It's legacy will be that MS worried more about TV and living room features that ended up elsewhere ( While PS4 does have not as robust voice chat I can still do the rudimentary kinect stuff on PS4 and i'm sure the PC as well)
It's a shame because they've put out some incredible stuff. But unfortunately even they're starting to kill and oversaturate IPs they need NEW and they need it now TBH. Sonys heading down this path and while not as fast IMO they're next on the dock to **** everything up if they keep rehashing exclusives as well.

#112 Posted by Spitfire-Six (1377 posts) -

@Animal-Mother: Maybe I missed it in the thread somewhere what does this have to do with tv shows?

#113 Posted by misterpmedia (6209 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Wow! All these games to blow up E3 with megatons and now this! Microsoft is really delivering in the value dept. and it's only going to get better from here on out.

I am happy to be a gamer and owner of the Microsoft Xbox One. The place to be for the future.

#XB1RULZ

#XB1M13

#114 Posted by santoron (8583 posts) -

This just seems like a terrible waste of resources to me. How many people are going to buy an XBone for MS TV shows? A few? Maybe? How many XBone owners would drop Live without these shows? How many XBone owners skipping Live now will subscribe for these shows? A few each way? Maybe?

Now, how many millions of dollars are being spent on these efforts? And how many games could they have financed instead?

#115 Posted by LJS9502_basic (161966 posts) -

TV...not games. Meh....

#116 Posted by locopatho (23126 posts) -

I was gonna mock this but I actually would like to watch roughly half those :/

Maybe I'll buy an XONE as a TV Box alone? :P

#117 Posted by Spitfire-Six (1377 posts) -

@santoron said:

This just seems like a terrible waste of resources to me. How many people are going to buy an XBone for MS TV shows? A few? Maybe? How many XBone owners would drop Live without these shows? How many XBone owners skipping Live now will subscribe for these shows? A few each way? Maybe?

Now, how many millions of dollars are being spent on these efforts? And how many games could they have financed instead?

No one bought the Xbox for Tv shows.

No one pays for Live for TV shows

You guys are projecting ridiculous arguments.

1. The money used for this has nothing to do with games.

2. This is just something added. There is no downside.

Avatar image for carljohnson3456
#119 Posted by carljohnson3456 (12489 posts) -

Not a bad idea by MS, but seriously they need to focus more on games.

#120 Edited by lamprey263 (34425 posts) -

this seems like a bad course of action in attracting people, I mean it'll only be a matter of time before that stuff is on YouTube or Redbox, that's money that instead could just be used developing games

they should have just invested into straight to video series in order to promote brand recognition

#121 Posted by santoron (8583 posts) -

@spitfire-six: Precisely. No one buys a console for TV. No one subscribes to Live for TV. So why not focus on what people DO buy consoles and Live subscriptions for.

Maybe you believe money and man hours for this effort came from thin air. I don't. I know what Spencer claims, and I'd say the same thing if I just inherited this fiasco and had to put a positive spin on it. After all, he saw what happened to the last guy when he started talking about his TV focus. And what we are seeing here is a big part of what he was talking about a year ago.

#122 Edited by tymeservesfate (2230 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@tymeservesfate First off I did ask you and you avoid avoid and avoid and continue to avoid, because you know you'll be embarrassed.

Again unless this is too much for you. What games has microsoft pushed on the Xbox 360 as a new IP? You've failed to answer this question time and time again and I've proven you wrong.

I'm not in the sony camp. I'm in the camp of facts and logic. It's fact MS has basically stopped supporting the 360 with new IPs for a very long time. Sony did it until the very end of the consoles cycle. The

last of us being a prime example of it coming out as the last big exclusive for the PS3. MS didn't release a single new IP aside from State of Decay which went multiplat anyways. And it's been two years since

they've launched a big heavy hitting exclusive NEW IP. Newsflash aside from kinect stuff MS hasn't released a new IP since. And even then most of that stuff was re-skinned re-hashed shite anyways.

MS specifically hasn't released anything for the old console aside from gears of war judgement. Even more fact MS abandoned the console and left it to halo, gears, forza games and not new IPs

Sony since the launch of the PS4, the PS3 has had The Show, FF:ARR, FF13 remaster, KH 2.5 remix is coming, Drakenguard 3,The tales games and a main titled persona game coming and last but not least the last of us All exclusive to sonys platforms. Aside from ARR

The 360? Multiplats. While I did name some on the PS3 side there are still exclusives there.

I'm sorry buddy but MS abandoned the 360 to a life of gears, halo, forza a loooooooooooooooong time ago. Their most recent effort? State of Decay which eventually ended up on steam.

MS does abandon their consoles. I'm not saying they don't support them but once it's all set up they just set up standard practices of games they have and don't release anything NEW.

And that's what i'm saying. If the one doesn't turn around it'll be the same thing all over again but even more monotonous.

It's legacy will be that MS worried more about TV and living room features that ended up elsewhere ( While PS4 does have not as robust voice chat I can still do the rudimentary kinect stuff on PS4 and i'm sure the PC as well)

It's a shame because they've put out some incredible stuff. But unfortunately even they're starting to kill and oversaturate IPs they need NEW and they need it now TBH. Sonys heading down this path and while not as fast IMO they're next on the dock to **** everything up if they keep rehashing exclusives as well.

are you drunk, lol? I WROTE YOU FIRST...ur first reply to me was you asking me to answer your question. how could you have asked me a question when we weren't even speaking yet. ur the one that deflected and tried changing the subject I presented. you're the one trying to save face here, not me lol. i stuck to the subject i originally put forth to you...you though are trying ur best try n make it seem like we were talking about last gens game line-up throughout the years this whole time, we werent. i came to you about how the XB360 is still getting plenty of support now after the next gen launches and that you saying that MS routinely abandons consoles after a certain amount of time is straight BS. seriously man...get it together XD. the XB360 got plenty of games during its last few games. just because it released their blockbuster games as the XB1'S big releases doesnt make the console abandoned. it just makes it something a petty person pokes fun at lol.

games are games. MS is releasing their big IPs on the XB1 obviously and are letting the XB3630 receive some gems as well, so what. thats why the XB1 has a better line-up of games now in comparison to the ps4. and why it still has even more new IPs announced for this year. because they stockpiled them for their new system, its a smart move..saving big titles for the new console they're trying to push. the 360 sold great...now they want to make the XB1 worthy of sales as well. smart move.

the only MS console ever to be ditched was the original Xbox...so you or anyone trying to say MS is known for abandoning consoles are delusional liars. all that nonsense you wrote to try and deflect means nothing...the Xbox360 is well supported and still in play to this day...more so than the ps3 is. i mean, what game came out on the ps3 that hasnt come out on the XB360 after next gen systems launched? not many noteworthy ones, at all...as far as i know the ones you listed are it. but there are a few games that release, or are soon releasing, that are only on MS platforms. as of right now MS is supporting their last gen console better than Sony is with the ps3.

going back years and years n shii lmao. for what? we're talking about consoles getting game support AFTER their next gen counterparts launched, period. and as of right now the XB360 is getting more games released on it than the ps3 is. AGAIN...what arent you getting?

#123 Posted by Spitfire-Six (1377 posts) -

@santoron said:

@spitfire-six: Precisely. No one buys a console for TV. No one subscribes to Live for TV. So why not focus on what people DO buy consoles and Live subscriptions for.

Maybe you believe money and man hours for this effort came from thin air. I don't. I know what Spencer claims, and I'd say the same thing if I just inherited this fiasco and had to put a positive spin on it. After all, he saw what happened to the last guy when he started talking about his TV focus. And what we are seeing here is a big part of what he was talking about a year ago.

But your speaking as if Microsoft is in finical trouble. Your also speaking as if money wasn't budgeted for this adventure in the first place. I get what you guys are trying to do, but a company is made of many people, just because they are developing tv shows does not mean they are not focusing on games that is ridiculous. This is why things like this are compartmentalized. A company as large and rich as Microsoft can have more than one endeavor does not mean that the other portions suffer.

So again any proof that this detracts from games?

#124 Posted by gago-gago (12009 posts) -

Thats cool they're unveiling these shows now pre-E3. I have a feeling they're going mention a few things about these shows but their conference will be about games. All eyes on MS this E3.

#125 Edited by blackace (23576 posts) -

Hhmm.. a few good shows in that stack. More options and more content is never a bad thing. As long as they keep delivering on the games as well, I have no problem with any of this.

*********************************************************************************************************

@Douevenlift_bro said:

LMAO.

Sad.. Pathetic.. hilarious. Have fun lems

I'm sure they will. PS4 will be getting a bunch of shows as well. lol!! Of course cows will just say Sony is focusing on games.lmao!!

#126 Edited by kinectthedots (3383 posts) -

Well, that MS sales pitch, "Xbox one all about games now" lie didn't last long.

For what it's worth I called it. Need to pull that thread up to show how lems flip flopped and now are hyping TV when they ape shit over MS promoting Phil Spencer to xbox head saying the One was only going to be about games just weeks earlier lol.

Phil Spencer Named Head of Xbox

"Phil is a swell guy, and one of the few people at Microsoft who actually seems to have a passion for video games, instead of being just the slimy corporate suits type. He's done a great job at righting the ship with the Xbox One since its disastrous reveal so far, and I hope he manages to take the brand to even greater directions."

http://www.sportsgamer.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/phil-spencer-named-head-of-xbox-31182250/

TLHBO

more sause...

It's games first for Xbox One under new management

"Phil Spencer, the newly appointed Head of Xbox at Microsoft, says he'll lead the Xbox team — which includes Xbox Live, Xbox Music, Xbox Video and Microsoft Studios — with a "gaming first" philosophy, focusing on video games as the most important component of the four-month-old Xbox One."

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/31/5566946/xbox-one-new-head-of-xbox-phil-spencer-gaming-first

LMAO, lems are all behind the TV, TV, TV hype now because it's more important for them to be corporate shills than to expect MS to deliver on games.

It took about 3 years for MS to abandon core games for fans on xbox 360, lt looks like MS want's to abandon the xbox one in less time than that, it's clear to see what MS's true focus was with the console and it's wasn't games--they wanted it to be a subscription cable service and lems are here hyping it like chumps.

#127 Edited by santoron (8583 posts) -

@spitfire-six said:

@santoron said:

But your speaking as if Microsoft is in finical trouble. Your also speaking as if money wasn't budgeted for this adventure in the first place. I get what you guys are trying to do, but a company is made of many people, just because they are developing tv shows does not mean they are not focusing on games that is ridiculous. This is why things like this are compartmentalized. A company as large and rich as Microsoft can have more than one endeavor does not mean that the other portions suffer.

So again any proof that this detracts from games?

I'm not alluding that MS is broke. I'm saying that publicly held corporations have budgets for each division, and that spending on one endeavor comes at the expense of another opportunity. Spencer can honestly say that XBox TV didn't detract from gaming, because they didn't cancel any existing gaming efforts to fund it. But that doesn't mean that money couldn't or wouldn't have been spent on gaming if they didn't latch onto the TV programming idea. MS spent 400 million on their NFL tie in. Sure, they didn't have to cancel any games necessarily to make that happen, but that doesn't mean the money wouldn't have been better spent on more gaming content that actually moves consoles. IMO, expanding your exclusive gaming library is the best way to draw gamers to your gaming machine.

And it's not like MS has a monopoly on stupid. Sony has some failed pilot they are rebranding as a PS4 TV show as well. Again, I don't see the money spent on that as a worthwhile investment when opportunities abound for funding game development.

You don't have to hate Sony or MS to criticize dumb moves made by them. And you don't have to defend their dumb moves just because you own their machine.

#128 Posted by Alucard_Prime (8620 posts) -

Definitely going to check out a few of those shows, seems like they put some effort into it. This is just added value, and I'm curious to see if some of those shows tie in to various games.

I'm not surprised how this news is getting bashed by the Xbox haters, but if Sony announced the exact same thing tomorrow, and new shows came out free on your PSN+ subscription, I'm sure many would at least check them out.

#129 Edited by UnbiasedPoster (1134 posts) -

Yuck. Good for non-gamers I guess.

#130 Posted by stationplay_4 (444 posts) -

lol cablebox one

#131 Posted by Spitfire-Six (1377 posts) -

@santoron: Not defending them because I own either system. Im defending them because armchair CEO's are in this thread pretending they know the inner workings of a multi million dollar company. We are on the consumer end, so to say that(not saying you specifically said this) "I don't like this tv stuff because they could have spent the money on more games" is stupid. If you don't like the TV shows fine, I don't care its not that serious but if your going to pitch an argument about it at least have it based on something tangible vs your feeling on their finances.

#132 Posted by santoron (8583 posts) -

@spitfire-six said:

@santoron: Not defending them because I own either system. Im defending them because armchair CEO's are in this thread pretending they know the inner workings of a multi million dollar company. We are on the consumer end, so to say that(not saying you specifically said this) "I don't like this tv stuff because they could have spent the money on more games" is stupid. If you don't like the TV shows fine, I don't care its not that serious but if your going to pitch an argument about it at least have it based on something tangible vs your feeling on their finances.

Wut? Why defend a company at all?

You're right, we are on the consumer end. We are the people they are trying to please. They want our money. Who else would be better qualified to tell them that TV content isn't going to sell consoles, like we agree? Who else is going to refute their assumption that "Millenials" are craving programming on their game consoles? Because SOMEBODY within has sold this as a great way to attract the 18-34 crowd, and those guys are idiots.

IMO, the best way to get these companies to remain focused on the content we as gamers want is to criticize them when they fall off the path. Remaining silent on the matter, or being grateful they aren't charging more for it (which, BTW, neither has decided if this stuff is free for all, free for subscribers, or an additional charge...) only helps the morons that pitched this idea keep their jobs a little while longer.

Avatar image for indigenous_euphoria
#133 Posted by indigenous_euphoria (255 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@shawn30 said:
@shawn30 said:

@Animal-Mother said:
@shawn30 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@shawn30 said:

@wolverine4262 said:

@tymeservesfate:

Say that again when the shows pop up online. At least with exclusive games, you still need the system to play them.

All shows pop up online, but people still pay subscriptions gt watch original programming they are interested in. MS just needs the right people involved and if the shows are good this will be a success. House of Cars can be pirated or whatever but its been a great hit for netflix. MS wants in on that, and with this being free for Live members its an added bonus content wise to the Xbox eco-system. I have high for hopes the Halo series and that at least 3 or 4 of the other shows turn out great. MS needs to continue adding value to Live and this helps in that regard.

So my question now stands. Did you buy a $500 gaming console for gaming or Original TV that will end up everywhere else?

I've had this discussion before. It doesn't add value or any bonuses or nothing. Especially when it'll be available other places and by shows end most likely watchable on your PS4/PC/Wii-U/Iphone Samsung tablet/Ipad and so on and so forth on some other service.

I bought the Xbox One for what it was advertised for, the All in One Entertainment system. Bought it for Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Quantum Break, Titanfall, Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2, Fable Legends, Killer Instinct, Halo 5, Gears of War 4, next-gen multiplayer games, Kinect games for my son, new IP's, Xbox Fitness, Snap, NFL App, voice commands for navigation of the full console and all apps, Skype, the potential of cloud gaming, and the exclusive LIve television shows and documentaries discussed last May. And if you choose to pay for Live, provided MS does this, and they allow you to watch their original programs on all other phones/consoles/tablets that's fine and you will still be paying them. This is exclusive content for Live members and if you like one of MS original shows why not pay and watch it. If Sony makes original content I can view on something non-Sony if it interests me I will pay. So yeah, a dozen or so new original shows available to me on Live, when none are available now, does indeed offer added value to me. Especially if those shows end up first on the One/360/MS Devices. Early on its likely that unless you pirate it will only be available on MS systems. That adds value.

That's not what I asked you. And you're usually better to give me the crock of shit PR statement. Also we know Microsofts history of abandoning consoles pretty regularly into the consoles respective cycle.

Is this what the one's legacy will become? A bunch of great exclusives and after about 6 years original TV content. I don't know but look at the website you're on.

Also can you tell me where I can find an Xbox One in any department store or any specialty story? I'd really like to know the answer to that question.

Also A) I have availability as I have an Xbox 360

B) It doesn't add value when the value is immediately decreased by being available elsewhere. Trust me it will be the goal of any video content is to have it syndicated as much as possible for the maximum profit ( General value applies, you can sit and show bias saying it's valuable to you. But a single individual=/= the population)

C) See Halo:Forward unto dawn It was released on live and released via other media outlets less than two months later.

D) Nobody has bought a video game console because of a TV show.

No, it is what you asked, you just don't agree and can't seem to express it. You asked why I bought the One, I answered with my reasons. If the answer to your questions feels like PR to you, oh well, lol. That';s honestly why I bough the damn thing. As for console cycles, I still play my 360 7 years after I bought it, so I'm fine with their support. As for legacy, I play games and watch TV for fun. The word legacy is only related to relationships, friends, and family. My Xbox One was purchased to entertain me and my family and so long as it does that, I'm fine. I'm not yanking out a crystal ball about how many years this or that will happen. Games and features are out now that I am enjoying, while games/features/original TV shows are coming I intend to enjoy. I will let 5 or 6 years down the line take care of itself.

All of what the One does is a value in my eyes. Its as simple as that. TV adds to it, is an ingredient, but that's all.

But that's not the point i'm making.

The point i'm trying to make is people don't buy these things for TV shows and that these TV shows cannot add any value whatsoever when they're syndicated withing a couple of months.

It's great it has great capabilities such as that. But again these are all things that OTHER things do.

I may look at it differently cause i'm not a family man and I get it why it can be so great. But inherently as a game TV doesn't enhance the experience for me what so ever.

lol of course it's going to add value to xbox live and xbox/Microsoft brands. Millions of people that play games also watch TV and if some of the shows turn out to be good then it could add tons of value. And to say it wont just because the show's COULD eventually be watched ells where is a lame argument. I don't want to watch TV anywhere besides on my xbox one....why? Xbox on.....xbox go to TV......that's why

#134 Posted by ty_lat (198 posts) -

Looks like shit to me.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
#135 Posted by StrongBlackVine (13262 posts) -

@FastRobby: Sony already makes Hollywood movies and TV that people actually want to watch. Amazing Spider-Man 2 this weekend. A better venture than all this trash media Microsoft is mAking.

#136 Edited by cainetao11 (32487 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

At least 5 of those shows look interesting to me, and they've got some nice diversity there. They always intended to add original programming so its all good to me. Get all the TV and Kinect feature news out before E3 so that they can concentrate on gaming there. Its a good look and a smart move.

agreed. it will be blasted here, but games are happening. hope the shows are well done

#137 Edited by cainetao11 (32487 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Wow, all these shills.

@FastRobby said:

Xbox isn't purely for gaming, because that market is just too small.

Last I checked vidya was bringing in more revenue than Hollywood.

one vidya also costs about at least 4 times a movie ticket. lets compare top grossing films tickets sold to top games copies sold

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
#138 Edited by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

u can get this with windows 8

#139 Edited by Wiimotefan (4150 posts) -

lol

#140 Posted by handssss (1907 posts) -

@indigenous_euphoria said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@shawn30 said:
@shawn30 said:

@Animal-Mother said:
@shawn30 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@shawn30 said:

@wolverine4262 said:

@tymeservesfate:

Say that again when the shows pop up online. At least with exclusive games, you still need the system to play them.

All shows pop up online, but people still pay subscriptions gt watch original programming they are interested in. MS just needs the right people involved and if the shows are good this will be a success. House of Cars can be pirated or whatever but its been a great hit for netflix. MS wants in on that, and with this being free for Live members its an added bonus content wise to the Xbox eco-system. I have high for hopes the Halo series and that at least 3 or 4 of the other shows turn out great. MS needs to continue adding value to Live and this helps in that regard.

So my question now stands. Did you buy a $500 gaming console for gaming or Original TV that will end up everywhere else?

I've had this discussion before. It doesn't add value or any bonuses or nothing. Especially when it'll be available other places and by shows end most likely watchable on your PS4/PC/Wii-U/Iphone Samsung tablet/Ipad and so on and so forth on some other service.

I bought the Xbox One for what it was advertised for, the All in One Entertainment system. Bought it for Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Quantum Break, Titanfall, Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2, Fable Legends, Killer Instinct, Halo 5, Gears of War 4, next-gen multiplayer games, Kinect games for my son, new IP's, Xbox Fitness, Snap, NFL App, voice commands for navigation of the full console and all apps, Skype, the potential of cloud gaming, and the exclusive LIve television shows and documentaries discussed last May. And if you choose to pay for Live, provided MS does this, and they allow you to watch their original programs on all other phones/consoles/tablets that's fine and you will still be paying them. This is exclusive content for Live members and if you like one of MS original shows why not pay and watch it. If Sony makes original content I can view on something non-Sony if it interests me I will pay. So yeah, a dozen or so new original shows available to me on Live, when none are available now, does indeed offer added value to me. Especially if those shows end up first on the One/360/MS Devices. Early on its likely that unless you pirate it will only be available on MS systems. That adds value.

Is this what the one's legacy will become? A bunch of great exclusives and after about 6 years original TV content. I don't know but look at the website you're on.

Also can you tell me where I can find an Xbox One in any department store or any specialty story? I'd really like to know the answer to that question.

B) It doesn't add value when the value is immediately decreased by being available elsewhere. Trust me it will be the goal of any video content is to have it syndicated as much as possible for the maximum profit ( General value applies, you can sit and show bias saying it's valuable to you. But a single individual=/= the population)

C) See Halo:Forward unto dawn It was released on live and released via other media outlets less than two months later.

No, it is what you asked, you just don't agree and can't seem to express it. You asked why I bought the One, I answered with my reasons. If the answer to your questions feels like PR to you, oh well, lol. That';s honestly why I bough the damn thing. As for console cycles, I still play my 360 7 years after I bought it, so I'm fine with their support. As for legacy, I play games and watch TV for fun. The word legacy is only related to relationships, friends, and family. My Xbox One was purchased to entertain me and my family and so long as it does that, I'm fine. I'm not yanking out a crystal ball about how many years this or that will happen. Games and features are out now that I am enjoying, while games/features/original TV shows are coming I intend to enjoy. I will let 5 or 6 years down the line take care of itself.

All of what the One does is a value in my eyes. Its as simple as that. TV adds to it, is an ingredient, but that's all.

The point i'm trying to make is people don't buy these things for TV shows and that these TV shows cannot add any value whatsoever when they're syndicated withing a couple of months.

It's great it has great capabilities such as that. But again these are all things that OTHER things do.

I may look at it differently cause i'm not a family man and I get it why it can be so great. But inherently as a game TV doesn't enhance the experience for me what so ever.

lol of course it's going to add value to xbox live and xbox/Microsoft brands. Millions of people that play games also watch TV and if some of the shows turn out to be good then it could add tons of value. And to say it wont just because the show's COULD eventually be watched ells where is a lame argument. I don't want to watch TV anywhere besides on my xbox one....why? Xbox on.....xbox go to TV......that's why

eventually? it's the 21st century. EVERYTHING worth watching is uploaded unto a million websites within a few hours of broadcast. Sometimes even earlier due to some unknown means.

also, that is pretty damn stupid. "i only watch tv on my xbox". ok, unsubscribe to your cable and dont connect the cablebox to the Xbone. Literally all the Xbox One does is eat up extra electricity so you can use voice controls for channel surfing instead of pressing buttons on a remote. Isn't even faster and hardly more convenient. Waste of city power.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
#141 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

Justin's meltdowns today have been wonderful to behold.

You'd better be watching these TV shows, lems, you already paid for them with your Gold account.

Avatar image for always_explicit
#142 Posted by always_explicit (3379 posts) -

@wolverine4262 said:

@shawn30:

Regardless, the service will not reach as many people as the competition, and cannot offer the same level of content.

HBO Go without HBO shows.

Define level of content. Quality or quantity?

Id take this list of cnfirmed Xbox features over a bunch of filler.

#143 Posted by misterpmedia (6209 posts) -

@locopatho said:

lol or don't spend a penny and watch them else where, if you're that interested ;P

#144 Edited by tymeservesfate (2230 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

You'd better be watching these TV shows, lems, you already paid for them with your Gold account.

all you every do is meltdown on here Launcher...you're definitely the most unstable/angry user on these boards lol. its funny seeing how out of touch with reality you actually are.

@misterpmedia said:

@locopatho said:

lol or don't spend a penny and watch them else where, if you're that interested ;P

"did i...did i, talk him out of it...?"

lmao...i really didnt expect this thread to cause so much DC and butthurt from cows. i should have though...cows only seem too feel comfortable unless they're feeling insecure about, everything lol smh.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
#145 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

@tymeservesfate said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

all you every do is meltdown on here Launcher...you're definitely the most unstable/angry user on these boards lol. its funny seeing how out of touch with reality you actually are.

You confuse hysterical anger with laughter. :)

You don't make as many topics are you used to. It's a shame. It was great watching you get yourself owned so hard.

#146 Edited by Animal-Mother (27350 posts) -

@tymeservesfate said:

@Animal-Mother said:

are you drunk, lol? I WROTE YOU FIRST...ur first reply to me was you asking me to answer your question. how could you have asked me a question when we weren't even speaking yet. ur the one that deflected and tried changing the subject I presented. you're the one trying to save face here, not me lol. i stuck to the subject i originally put forth to you...you though are trying ur best try n make it seem like we were talking about last gens game line-up throughout the years this whole time, we werent. i came to you about how the XB360 is still getting plenty of support now after the next gen launches and that you saying that MS routinely abandons consoles after a certain amount of time is straight BS. seriously man...get it together XD. the XB360 got plenty of games during its last few games. just because it released their blockbuster games as the XB1'S big releases doesnt make the console abandoned. it just makes it something a petty person pokes fun at lol.

games are games. MS is releasing their big IPs on the XB1 obviously and are letting the XB3630 receive some gems as well, so what. thats why the XB1 has a better line-up of games now in comparison to the ps4. and why it still has even more new IPs announced for this year. because they stockpiled them for their new system, its a smart move..saving big titles for the new console they're trying to push. the 360 sold great...now they want to make the XB1 worthy of sales as well. smart move.

the only MS console ever to be ditched was the original Xbox...so you or anyone trying to say MS is known for abandoning consoles are delusional liars. all that nonsense you wrote to try and deflect means nothing...the Xbox360 is well supported and still in play to this day...more so than the ps3 is. i mean, what game came out on the ps3 that hasnt come out on the XB360 after next gen systems launched? not many noteworthy ones, at all...as far as i know the ones you listed are it. but there are a few games that release, or are soon releasing, that are only on MS platforms. as of right now MS is supporting their last gen console better than Sony is with the ps3.

going back years and years n shii lmao. for what? we're talking about consoles getting game support AFTER their next gen counterparts launched, period. and as of right now the XB360 is getting more games released on it than the ps3 is. AGAIN...what arent you getting?

MS stopped supporting the console with new games and I proved that you can cry all you want like a baby. But proof is in numbers and facts. None of which you have provided. Please DC or meltdown harder.

Avatar image for indigenous_euphoria
#147 Posted by indigenous_euphoria (255 posts) -

@handssss said:

@indigenous_euphoria said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@shawn30 said:
@shawn30 said:

@Animal-Mother said:
@shawn30 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@shawn30 said:

@wolverine4262 said:

@tymeservesfate:

eventually? it's the 21st century. EVERYTHING worth watching is uploaded unto a million websites within a few hours of broadcast. Sometimes even earlier due to some unknown means.

also, thats pretty damn stupid. "i only watch tv on my xbox". ok, unsubscribe to your cable and dont connect the cablebox to the Xbone. Literally all the Xbox One does is eat up extra electricity so you can use voice controls for channel surfing instead of pressing buttons on a remote. Isn't even faster and hardly more convenient. Waste of city power.

I don't have cable i only watch movies so no cable box to disconnect lol. So if xbox live adds some TV shows it will add value for me. And voice commands are more convenient for me and feels next gen. After getting used to using voice i never want to have to go back. Plus my kids are always loosing the damn controllers lol

#148 Edited by misterpmedia (6209 posts) -

@tymeservesfate said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@misterpmedia said:

@locopatho said:

"did i...did i, talk him out of it...?"

lmao...i really didnt expect this thread to cause so much DC and butthurt from cows. i should have though...cows only seem too feel comfortable unless they're feeling insecure about, everything lol smh.

I'm pretty sure Gamespot nuked several of my posts some how so I did reply to this and it was awesome. Can't be a'd to retype it out though.

In short: saying damage control doesn't work the way you're trying to use it, also ironic because you're the one damage controlling here lol. I'll repeat though: You'll be able to watch these shows without having an Xbone and it was friendly advise for someone who doesn't seem that interested in the hardware anyway ;).

#149 Posted by blackace (23576 posts) -
@StrongBlackVine said:

@FastRobby: Sony already makes Hollywood movies and TV that people actually want to watch. Amazing Spider-Man 2 this weekend. A better venture than all this trash media Microsoft is mAking.

You obviously don't have a clue what you're talking about. Amazon, Hulu, HBO, etc.. all have original shows that have been big hits. This content just improves the XB1 value. Sony will be getting the same kind of content as well. You fools are grasping at straws.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
#150 Edited by StrongBlackVine (13262 posts) -

@blackace: You are delusional if you think shows produced by Microsoft will be on par with House Of Cards, Orange Is The New Black or Hemlock Grove. Prepare to be disappointed if you expect that level of programming.