$10 PSN Flash Sale incoming! #lolsteam

• 92 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44539 Posts

Right now XCOM: Enemy Unknown is $6 on Amazon, I'd love to get it though but I've already played it on the Xbox 360, if I'm getting it on PS3 I'll do so when the Enemy Within version gets cheaper; great game though.

Last Light is a good deal.

Dynasty Warriors seems tempting but I got Hyrule Warriors coming in a month.

Maybe Persona 4: Arena though, that could be fun. I wouldn't mind trying the last DMC for just $10.

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#53 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

Hmm, nothing on that list really interests me.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54  Edited By Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

Just got RDR for like 7 euro, though i believe that's an entirely different PSN sale than the one this thread is about.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

@mikhail said:

PSN - Bioshock Infinite $9.99.

Meanwhile, this weekend on Steam:

/thread

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

Not bad. Picking up Sly collection (Vita) and Street fighter X Tekken (Vita).

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

this thread kinda proves why cows are idiots. They pay a monthly charge to maybe possibly get a game on sale. I log on to steam for free and pretty much all these games are cheaper on steam right now. I'd lock this thread just for the amazing amount of fail haha.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#60 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@NFJSupreme: Instead you bump it for me :)

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

@NFJSupreme said:

this thread kinda proves why cows are idiots. They pay a monthly charge to maybe possibly get a game on sale. I log on to steam for free and pretty much all these games are cheaper on steam right now. I'd lock this thread just for the amazing amount of fail haha.

Wait...they have to be PlayStation Plus members in order to get these "sale" prices? WTF?

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#62 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Too bad I already have almost all those titles. The good ones anyways.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#63  Edited By zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

@Blabadon: Glad I'm not the only one! I played about two hours of the PS2 game and enjoyed it. Would like to experience the whole thing.

@Bigboi500 said:

Too bad I already have almost all those titles. The good ones anyways.

That's where I'm at. I believe Blabadon said earlier that most of these have been PS+ titles already, and because of that the majority of the ones I've wanted I already have stocked up. Maybe next time. :P

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

@amazonangry said:

Gotta agree. PSN has been making a monkey out of Steam lately.

No, but you certainly make a jackass out of yourself on a daily basis.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#65  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@Zassimick said:

lolsteam what a failure.

Really been wishing for Okami HD to go on sale. Maybe someday. Maybe someday...

Wishing? Someday? Oh no! OKAMI HD was on sale homie! Back it October 2013 Okami HD was $6.99 (down from $19.99).

During that Capcom PSN sale I also picked up Dungeons and Dragons, two arcade classics in one pack for $5.24 during that same sale, still Okami HD is the clear cut winner in that Capcom sale.

I also had been waiting and waiting and waiting for specifically Okami HD to go on sale since it first launched way back in 2012 and finally I jumped at last year's Capcom PS+ PSN sale price. I can totally relate to your waiting. I'm not sure they are going to do it again, but I hope so for your sake.

Maybe you skipped that Okami HD sale and wanted Okami HD for $5 range? I considered that as well as I felt $20 was too high for a DD game I owned, but I just bit the bullet ($6.99) for a few bucks over the $5 wish considering the nature of the title (it doesn't seem as popular to push for sales). Who knows, maybe this October or Holiday they will do another Capcom PSN sale again?

Keep your eyes peeled for Capcom PSN sales this holiday. If I see a deal on Okami, I'll try to remember to PM you.

Anyways, here's a picture I just looked up the sale for you to help jog your memories.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2013/11/21/okami-hd-and-other-capcom-games-on-sale-on-psn-this-week/

Okami HD and other Capcom Games on Sale on PSN this Week

The PlayStation Store on the PlayStation 3 has a fine offering of Capcom games for sale this week, so head on over to check them out if you want some deals on a game or two.

Leader of the pack is Okami HD, the cult-classic from famed creator Hideki Kamiya. A blessing and a curse, this game tore up the game award season in 2006, beating out even The Twilight Princess on many fronts, but it also failed financially and gave the Capcom brass enough of a case to close the beloved Clover Studio.

Why make great games that don’t sell well when you can make above-average to horrible games that sell even better? It was Okami that taught Capcom this valuable lesson. It’s available for $13.99 ($6.99 PS+) for the week, down from $19.99, so now is your chance to prove them wrong.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

@Blabadon said:

Link

• BioShock Shitfinite

Hahahahaha....

I like how they are getting people to pay 10 bucks for games they had available for free a few months ago.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#67 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

@SolidTy: Argh!!! I know!!!! That's why I'm waiting for a sale on it because I saw it for that price and didn't bite the bullet then. :( I definitely should have jumped on the D&D game as well.

Sony has done pretty well with the weekly sales and the flash deals which has gotten me into the habit of checking the store often. Exactly the point of the sales! Having customers check in regularly. But yes, I'll be watching like a hawk for another sale, or maybe even an HD remaster sale or something. :P

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@Zassimick said:

@SolidTy: Argh!!! I know!!!! That's why I'm waiting for a sale on it because I saw it for that price and didn't bite the bullet then. :( I definitely should have jumped on the D&D game as well.

Sony has done pretty well with the weekly sales and the flash deals which has gotten me into the habit of checking the store often. Exactly the point of the sales! Having customers check in regularly. But yes, I'll be watching like a hawk for another sale, or maybe even an HD remaster sale or something. :P

There you go, an HD remaster sale, lol! That's a good idea. :)

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#69  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@charizard1605: You missed it dude.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By mikhail

@heretrix said:

@Blabadon said:

Link

• BioShock Shitfinite

Hahahahaha....

I like how they are getting people to pay 10 bucks for games they had available for free a few months ago.

You mean the game that people could download and play as long as they were paying for PlayStation Plus? That isn't free, that's a rental.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#71 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

That's actually a relatively meh sale. Several of those games have been included free with PSN+.

It's a decent list of $10 games, but to really be a spectacular sale some of them needed to be $5.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

Sale and still $10?

How is that even a sale?

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#73 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

While im not a fan of fighting games that Persona 4 Ultima seems tempting, i own pretty much everything else

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Blabadon

@mikhail said:

@heretrix said:

@Blabadon said:

Link

• BioShock Shitfinite

Hahahahaha....

You mean the game that people could download and play as long as they were paying for PlayStation Plus? That isn't free, that's a rental.

No one gives a **** bro

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@Blabadon: LOL PSN... go humble bundle!

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#76  Edited By Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Is it too much to expect Persona 3 Portable to actually go on sale for once?

You uhhh, you missed out bro. Got P3P for $4.99 like two weeks ago or so. (might have been $9.99. I dunno, I just remember that for some weird reason I had to use the PC version of the ps store to buy it)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#77 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Randolph said:

@charizard1605 said:

Is it too much to expect Persona 3 Portable to actually go on sale for once?

You uhhh, you missed out bro. Got P3P for $4.99 like two weeks ago or so. (might have been $9.99. I dunno, I just remember that for some weird reason I had to use the PC version of the ps store to buy it)

I know it was $10 lol, I wanted it more along the lines of $4.99 ;__;

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Blabadon

@MBirdy88: Humble Bundles are life man

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#79 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

The sale is now actually active on PSN

Yrkoon99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Yrkoon99
Member since 2007 • 494 Posts

yeh this is so awesome 19 games on sale suck on that steam...... oh wait... its comming.....oh... yeh wait...... steam does about a thousand games each sale........ lmfao

Yrkoon99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Yrkoon99
Member since 2007 • 494 Posts

i got xcom for free when i preordered bioshock infinite for about 18 quid from green man gaming and the first bioshock for free plus another game for free so yeh go sony or something lol

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#82  Edited By kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

LOL @ Steam? What? lol. Steam's sales >> anything I have seen on xbox live or psn.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

@NFJSupreme:

Most people on Steam are pretty big idiots as well if not bigger idiots. With Plus, game sales aren't the only thing they are paying for.

Here's the problem with Steam and services like it. Their buisness model is to prey on impulses and trick you into buying shit you don't want and don't need. They basically promote digital hoarding. I find it quite funny when I read twitter feeds and forum posts from people crying broke because they spent $1000 on 1000 games that were $1 a piece. While some people do use Steam to their advantage, if most people did this, the buisness model would never work.

So Gaben is pretty much laughing his way to the bank because he just convinced you to buy a bunch of games you wouldn't have wanted to play otherwise if you even end up playing what you bought. What I'm curious to know is the average backlog for Steam users. I'm sure the number is pretty ugly.

This model also isn't that good for the industry since it's pretty much bred a bunch of cheapskates who want everything for next to nothing. I don't think I know a bigger cheapskate then the gamer in the digital age.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61471 Posts

Some good games up there. When does the sale finish?

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By mikhail

@Murderstyle75 said:

@NFJSupreme:

Most people on Steam are pretty big idiots as well if not bigger idiots. With Plus, game sales aren't the only thing they are paying for.

Here's the problem with Steam and services like it. Their buisness model is to prey on impulses and trick you into buying shit you don't want and don't need. They basically promote digital hoarding. I find it quite funny when I read twitter feeds and forum posts from people crying broke because they spent $1000 on 1000 games that were $1 a piece. While some people do use Steam to their advantage, if most people did this, the buisness model would never work.

So Gaben is pretty much laughing his way to the bank because he just convinced you to buy a bunch of games you wouldn't have wanted to play otherwise if you even end up playing what you bought. What I'm curious to know is the average backlog for Steam users. I'm sure the number is pretty ugly.

This model also isn't that good for the industry since it's pretty much bred a bunch of cheapskates who want everything for next to nothing. I don't think I know a bigger cheapskate then the gamer in the digital age.

So your argument is....paying more for games is better because makes sure people don't buy games they don't really want? That is here-say at best. I personally have at least 50 games on my Steam account that I haven't played yet. Some I bought during deeply discounted sales because I had wanted them but never got around to playing them, some were part of bundles, and some were gifted to me. So what if I haven't played them yet? I just installed Batman: Arkham City GOTY after having it my library for over a year and have been enjoying the hell out of it. I got it for $5. How can you possibly justify that as being a bad thing for consumers?

It's backwards, desperate logic to justify overpriced consoles & console games. Just because console games are priced unreasonably doesn't mean that PC games should be, too.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Blabadon

@lundy86_4: Early Monday

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By lundy86_4

@Blabadon said:

@lundy86_4: Early Monday

Hmmm, might have to grab some this weekend then... It means I have to hook up my PS3, and that takes effort.

Ta.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Blabadon

@lundy86_4: buy online

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By lundy86_4

@Blabadon said:

I'm confused. The whole sale is online.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

Anybody actually going for Persona 4 Arena while Ultimax is coming soon?

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Blabadon

@lundy86_4 said:

@Blabadon said:

I'm confused. The whole sale is online.

I'm saying you don't have to hook up the PS3 right now. I think I get the gist of what you originally meant though.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 lundy86_4

@Blabadon said:

I'm saying you don't have to hook up the PS3 right now. I think I get the gist of what you originally meant though.

My bad, yo. I was totally confused on what you meant :P

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

@mikhail:

My arguement is that you are wasting your money on a whole lot of crap that you don't need. Sorry to say but anybody with a 50 game backlog is a hoarder, buying things for no reason other then it was on sale.

You might be playing Batman for $5 but at what expense when you have such a massive backlog? How long is it going to take you to play all of those games and how large will your backlog be from more games, by the time you even complete them? Unless of course, 80% of your life is devoted to video games. Then I could understand since so much gaming would get in the way of employment.

PC games aren't priced the way they are for reasons that you think. They are priced that way because you guys act like women in a supermarket with their coupon book, filling their cart with hundreds of dollars worth of things that they don't need and only bought because they were on sale. It reminds me of the marketing Pokemon cards to children. "Gotta catch Em all". And that's exactly what happens when there is a Steam sale. They are preying on impulses and the really sad thing is, you guys don't even realize you are victims.

There are some major problems with a trend like this, even beyond forcing developers to sell their games at perhaps somewhat untenable discounts. If fans come to expect everything to instantly be on sale, it skews perception over what developers and publishers actually need to charge in order for a game to be successful. I've seen some great series fail because of this.

At the same time, it facilitates a trend towards digital hoarding – stockpiling games you bought on impulse that maybe you were never interested in or will otherwise never get around to playing. As great as games can be, there are other things in the world to experience; maybe the idea of having any backlog that extensive isn't healthy.