So, it has been approximately 10 months since Grand Theft Auto V released, and I wanted to see what the general consensus is on it. There was a lot of hype built up around this game. Was the hype worth it?
In my opinion, it was mildly disappointing. I shall list pros and cons.
- Gorgeous, detailed and believable open-world.
- The writing is easily some of the best I have experienced in a video game, easily a Hollywood-quality script, and the characters are stellar.
- Improved gameplay over GTA IV.
- The first half of the main story is well written and well paced.
- The second half of the main story is a convoluted and horribly paced mess. And don't even get me started on the endings....
- Way too short. Like, really... way too short.
- Don't flame me for this, but i'm just saying... I wish there were some better-quality female characters.
- The law enforcement is just awful. Like... wow, awful. Why the hell should a police officer shoot me deadjust for standing in from of him/her for 10 seconds?
Anyway. For me, Grand Theft Auto V was an 8/10 game. Kind of a disappointment.
So SW, how does Grand Theft Auto V hold up now, ten months after release?