GunnerVIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GunnerVIII
Member since 2006 • 4135 Posts

Square has been known for having memorable melodies in their games, but out of the many Square games there are, what is your favorite song?

I was moved by To Zanarkand from FFX, and it remains my favorite Melody in all of gaming.

kryu88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#2 kryu88
Member since 2006 • 9301 Posts

Oh my......that is a lot of games to choose from....I don't know where to begin :lol:

Well..... "You're Not Alone" from FFIX....."Kuja's Theme" from IX...."Final Fantasy" the overall theme most of Vagrant Story's music is amazing (don't know the names of them though :( )

I know there are more that I would have to list to narrow it down to just one...but I can't think of them all...I can't decide on just one :lol:

IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#3 IpodHero176
Member since 2006 • 16952 Posts
It would have to be Maybe I'm a Lion. That song was really good and had a great guitar solo. Dancing Mad is a favorite of mine too. The transitions from each part was good, and I like how Uematsu threw a little bit of Kefka's theme into the 5th part:) Simple and Clean was a good one, and I liked the rock version of it too. One Winged Angel was pretty good, but the AC version was the best one IMO. I liked the original, but you can tell that they could of done a lot better if the console was advance enough. It's still a good sone though. Otherworld took all of us by surprise, with it being heavy-metal and all, but it was a good battle song for the final battle. One song that is close to Maybe I'm a Lion is Kefka's theme. Just describes kefka to a T;)
crushgoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 crushgoil
Member since 2006 • 2554 Posts

Hmm.. I think my number one favourite song is: 1000 Words...

But I also love Real Emotion, every chocobo theme (so upbeat), LONGING from Dirge of Cerberus, the FFVII battle theme, One Winged Angel (mostly from advent children, but the crisis core version is also awesome), and I actually did enjoy simple and clean in chain of memories (but after you hear it a few times it can become tiring)...... There are tons more I'm sure, but those are some of my favourites...

S_Jake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 S_Jake
Member since 2004 • 1502 Posts

Hmm...I wouldn't want to pin my choice down to a single song, but my favourites are One Winged Angel (I'll never forget the shivers sent down my spine by the combination of the on-screen events and that operatic voice), the opening melody for Secret of Mana as the title screen booted up (it almost brought a tear to my eye) and the boss battle music for Vagrant Story (adds a great deal of tension to battles that are tense to begin with).

There are also many others worthy of mention (the music for Bart's submarine in Xenogears just sprang to mind), but I can't think of any more at the moment (besides, I'm satisfied with the ones I've already mentioned ;) ).

Avatar image for queen_valentine
queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 queen_valentine
Member since 2004 • 5870 Posts

WOW! This is a hard question!!! I like waaaaaay too many SE songs.

Hmm, I'd have to say the following: (get ready, it'll be a long list, I am sure)

Aria De Mezzo Carattere, One Winged Angel (of course), The Dalmascan Estersand, Crossing Those Hills, Symphonic Poem: Hope, Liberi Fatali, Blue Fields. And many more, since there are several versions of songs, etc. that I could choose from. ;)

IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 IpodHero176

Hmm, I'd have to say the following: (get ready, it'll be a long list, I am sure)

Aria De Mezzo Carattere, One Winged Angel (of course), The Dalmascan Estersand, Crossing Those Hills, Symphonic Poem: Hope, Liberi Fatali, Blue Fields. And many more, since there are several versions of songs, etc. that I could choose from. ;)

queen_valentine

You didn't like Dancing Mad?

cloud31blunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 cloud31blunt
Member since 2007 • 624 Posts
One winged angel and Mabye im a lion probably my favourites but i like so many of them :)
queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 queen_valentine
[QUOTE="queen_valentine"]

IpodHero176

You didn't like Dancing Mad?

I thought Dancing Mad was pretty good, but as far as final boss songs go, One Winged Angel blasts it out of the water.

Besides, I wans't gonna list every song I like. :P

starnerd67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#10 starnerd67
Member since 2003 • 601 Posts
OMG .....................

Aeris' Theme Orchestrated (FFVII) is DOUBLE the next highest song in number of Plays on my Ipod
Aeris' theme has always been my fav and im pretty sure will continue to be..............

Though i have to admit...... Passion Orchastrated (KHII) is really good to ...as is Hikari Orchestrated......
FFVII main them is amazing Piano, original and orchestrated, One Winged angel (duh), Zanarkan..................................................... Final Fantasy Music is one of the contributing things that make me want to continue playing.......btw i love the FFVII battle theme too :P
Lady_Bahamut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lady_Bahamut
Member since 2007 • 1224 Posts

Oh wow, there must be loads! Mine are mostly from FFIX.

FFIX: Freya's theme, Terras theme, Souless village Bran Bal, Your not alone!, Melodies of Life, Dark Messenger.

FFVII: One Winged Angel. There's also one from Advent Children I liked but I'm not 100% sure of that it's called... "Water" maybe?

Drakengard 2: Growing Wings

Kingdom Hearts series: Simple and Clean (and the remixed version), Sanctuary, Riku and Roxas's themes (KH2 versions)

starnerd67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 starnerd67

FFIX: Freya's theme, Terras theme, Souless village Bran Bal, Your not alone!, Melodies of Life, Dark Messenger.

FFVII: One Winged Angel. There's also one from Advent Children I liked but I'm not 100% sure of that it's called... "Water" maybe?

Kingdom Hearts series: Simple and Clean (and the remixed version), Sanctuary, Riku and Roxas's themes (KH2 versions)

Lady_Bahamut

Are you speaking of the Really good guitar song "Black Water" (where kadaj gets the children to dirnk black water) Dude that song.......... though it makes me go over the speed limit every time i hear it............ Same with "Chase of the Highway" (which really gets me pumped) ^__^
Lady_Bahamut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lady_Bahamut
[QUOTE="Lady_Bahamut"]

starnerd67

Are you speaking of the Really good guitar song "Black Water" (where kadaj gets the children to dirnk black water) Dude that song.......... though it makes me go over the speed limit every time i hear it............ Same with "Chase of the Highway" (which really gets me pumped) ^__^

No no, it's not that one... it's the one thats played when Tifa and Cloud collapse together in the church, the really pretty song XD

IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 IpodHero176

starnerd67

I agree. I think we can all agree that Uematsu rocks the house:)

S_Jake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 S_Jake

[QUOTE="starnerd67"]

IpodHero176

Well I can't speak for everyone, but I'll agree. ;)

starnerd67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 starnerd67

[QUOTE="starnerd67"]

IpodHero176

I think its one of the few things that every Final Fantasy Fan can Agree on (other than Final Fantasies are cool)........... Uematsu was amazing T___T
queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 queen_valentine
[QUOTE="IpodHero176"]

[QUOTE="starnerd67"]

starnerd67

I think its one of the few things that every Final Fantasy Fan can Agree on (other than Final Fantasies are cool)........... Uematsu was amazing T___T

I love Nobuo Uematsu!!!!

Although.....I do think Hitoshi Sakimoto is absolutely brilliant too. :oops:

IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 IpodHero176

I love Nobuo Uematsu!!!!

queen_valentine

Who doesn't:P

kryu88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kryu88

I love Nobuo Uematsu!!!!

IpodHero176

I think Uematsu was a supbar composer.....*bursts out laughing* I couldn't even make a sarcastic joke out of that without laughin at myself, it's such a lie :P

IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 IpodHero176
[QUOTE="IpodHero176"][QUOTE="queen_valentine"]

I love Nobuo Uematsu!!!!

kryu88

I think Uematsu was a supbar composer.....*bursts out laughing* I couldn't even make a sarcastic joke out of that without laughin at myself, it's such a lie :P

:lol:

Lady_Bahamut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Lady_Bahamut
Uematsu's best work was FFIX, it had such an emotional sound track.
kryu88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kryu88

Uematsu's best work was FFIX, it had such an emotional sound track.Lady_Bahamut

Second that comment! IX's soundtrack remains one of, if not the, most memorable soundtrack to a game I've ever heard.

queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 queen_valentine
[QUOTE="IpodHero176"][QUOTE="queen_valentine"]

I love Nobuo Uematsu!!!!

kryu88

For a moment I thought you were serious!!!!! :lol:

carrotthead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 carrotthead
Member since 2004 • 1408 Posts
cid's theme from ff 7 or ff 10's ending theme
queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 queen_valentine

cid's theme from ff 7 or ff 10's ending themecarrotthead

Oh! I like Cid's theme! I like the ended theme to 10 in the piano collections cd. I've never heard the real one though, since I never beat that game.

danmccarthy2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 danmccarthy2
Member since 2006 • 91 Posts
I would have to say that I'm a pretty big fan of the hymn of the Fayth from FFX. Excellent use of light motif with that theme through the game. I also love the use of light motif in FFVIII with 'Eyes on Me'.
crushgoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 crushgoil

I would have to say that I'm a pretty big fan of the hymn of the Fayth from FFX. Excellent use of light motif with that theme through the game. I also love the use of light motif in FFVIII with 'Eyes on Me'. danmccarthy2

I agree! The Hymn of the Fayth is awesome. I'm surprised more people don't choose that as one of the top songs.

starnerd67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 starnerd67

[QUOTE="carrotthead"]cid's theme from ff 7 or ff 10's ending themequeen_valentine

Oh! I like Cid's theme! I like the ended theme to 10 in the piano collections cd. I've never heard the real one though, since I never beat that game.

Man Cid's theme was the Sh#T
shame they never orchestrated it or at least something beyond whats already been done.
FFX's ending is amazing orchestrated............

Right now im injecting myself with the Advent CHildren Soundtrack.................... Beyond the wasteland is sooo good :P
Excellent blend of symphonic and modern themes into a nail bighting car racing theme. that you just can't sit down listening
kryu88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kryu88
[QUOTE="kryu88"][QUOTE="IpodHero176"][QUOTE="queen_valentine"]

I love Nobuo Uematsu!!!!

queen_valentine

For a moment I thought you were serious!!!!! :lol:

If I was, I would have to consider sending myself to a mental assylum :P

Lady_Bahamut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Lady_Bahamut
It's a shame game soundtracks or game music in general isn't more recongised beyond gamers.
queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 queen_valentine

It's a shame game soundtracks or game music in general isn't more recongised beyond gamers.Lady_Bahamut

I know it! It seems that when people (non-gamers) hear the word "videogame" in front of soundtrack they feel that it is going to be less in quality. That is so wrong though! Music is music and there should be no barrier as to what people perceive as good when it comes to that genre. There is good music and bad music - whether that be gaming soundtracks or anything else.

crushgoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 crushgoil

[QUOTE="Lady_Bahamut"]It's a shame game soundtracks or game music in general isn't more recongised beyond gamers.queen_valentine

I know it! It seems that when people (non-gamers) hear the word "videogame" in front of soundtrack they feel that it is going to be less in quality. That is so wrong though! Music is music and there should be no barrier as to what people perceive as good when it comes to that genre. There is good music and bad music - whether that be gaming soundtracks or anything else.

Agreed! Personally, I think the Dirge of Cerberus OST is fantastic! It has a LOTR feel to it.. and just excellent songs overall, but not only will it be stereotyped by the fact that it's from a videogame, but it also won't get attention from many people who played DoC and didn't enjoy it.... sadly it'll never get the attention it deserves.

S_Jake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 S_Jake

[QUOTE="Lady_Bahamut"]It's a shame game soundtracks or game music in general isn't more recongised beyond gamers.crushgoil

Agreed! Personally, I think the Dirge of Cerberus OST is fantastic! It has a LOTR feel to it.. and just excellent songs overall, but not only will it be stereotyped by the fact that it's from a videogame, but it also won't get attention from many people who played DoC and didn't enjoy it.... sadly it'll never get the attention it deserves.

To be honest, I think the stereotype simply originates from the way that games used to sound when I was little (and played them on a C64 ;) ). They'd often be developed by a couple of guys in a bedroom (with maybe one dedicated to sound) in a matter of months (or even weeks) with a matter of a few KB of RAM to play with (not to mention the unsophisticated sound tools ;) ). Considering the limitations, there were some really impressive efforts (and legendary musicians such as Tim Follin), but they rarely sounded like what is considered "real" music.

Lady_Bahamut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Lady_Bahamut

[QUOTE="Lady_Bahamut"]It's a shame game soundtracks or game music in general isn't more recongised beyond gamers.crushgoil

Haha, funny you should say that. I played DoC and didn't enjoy it that much... but I can't remember what the music was like.

Andraxal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35 Andraxal
Member since 2006 • 1814 Posts

The music in that game was terrible, and relied to heavily upon Gact-truly. I'm saying this as a non-biased fan. By far THE best song has got to be Distant Worlds, it's TRULY epic, and probably Aurons Theme. When it comes to battle music Esper Battle of Final Fantasy XII is beyond compare, and The Riders of Hell are really good pieces. Here's a video of Distant Worlds. I don't have one of the other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKk-N60EjyM

The first time I heard it, I was truly stunned, I'd never heard anything so well put together, and blended uniquely like this.

oathkeeper_kh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 oathkeeper_kh
Member since 2005 • 416 Posts

I can't just single out one song, there are so many good one's out there but here's a few FFVII: DoC-Redemption, KH- Simple and Clean both versions, KHII- Sanctuary, Roxas theme, Twilight Town theme, FFX- Zanarkand, Hymn of fayth, Otherworld,FFX-2- Real emotion and 1000 words and FFVII:AC- One winged angel and a couple others from the movie that I don't know the name of.

AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#37 AzelKosMos
Member since 2005 • 34194 Posts

One song? Not an easy question to answer. I like most of the music for SE's games. But perhaps "Liberi Fatali" from Final Fantasy VIII is the one that brings back the most memories.

As for albums? The Black Mages is my favorite.

Andraxal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Andraxal

I can't just single out one song, there are so many good one's out there but here's a few FFVII: DoC-Redemption, KH- Simple and Clean both versions, KHII- Sanctuary, Roxas theme, Twilight Town theme, FFX- Zanarkand, Hymn of fayth, Otherworld,FFX-2- Real emotion and 1000 words and FFVII:AC- One winged angel and a couple others from the movie that I don't know the name of.

oathkeeper_kh

Wow...You know Redemption was way too overused.... :P I thought Sactuary in English was terrible, and sometimes the it felt like they just repeated the same thing over and over, it lacked a big chunk of originality to me. I LOOOOVE the slow version of Simple and Clean though, the fast version isn't bad either. Roxas theme is sad, I love Zanarkands elegent simplicity as well, Hymn of Faith, I'd though no one mention-it's very well puttogether too; do you know what they're saying? Otherworld was a GREAT Rammstien song, I can't give Uematsu props for this though, as that was a great band, and I'm not entirely sold on the idea it was all him. Real emotions was...iffy.... 1000 Words DEFINITELY disappointed me, so did the new version of Winged Angel, I thought the original version redone for KH2 when you're fighting him is the best by far.

To AzelKosMos:

wow! You're right that's a good one too, it was probably the only good thing that came out of FFVIII for me. :P I know I'm going to get bashed for this one. :lol:

crushgoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 crushgoil
[QUOTE="oathkeeper_kh"]

Andraxal

Wow...You know Redemption was way too overused.... :P I thought Sactuary in English was terrible, and sometimes the it felt like they just repeated the same thing over and over, it lacked a big chunk of originality to me. I LOOOOVE the slow version of Simple and Clean though, the fast version isn't bad either. Roxas theme is sad, I love Zanarkands elegent simplicity as well, Hymn of Faith, I'd though no one mention-it's very well puttogether too; do you know what they're saying? Otherworld was a GREAT Rammstien song, I can't give Uematsu props for this though, as that was a great band, and I'm not entirely sold on the idea it was all him. Real emotions was...iffy.... 1000 Words DEFINITELY disappointed me, so did the new version of Winged Angel, I thought the original version redone for KH2 when you're fighting him is the best by far.

To AzelKosMos:

wow! You're right that's a good one too, it was probably the only good thing that came out of FFVIII for me. :P I know I'm going to get bashed for this one. :lol:

Haha, I have redemption playing on repeat in my car right now... I love it.. and 1000 Words is my favourite SE game song of all time... ahh well...
I did know what the hymn of the fayth meant.. but I totally forget now.

AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 AzelKosMos
To AzelKosMos:

Andraxal

:lol: FFVIII is my favorite of all of them :P Especially the music.

crushgoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 crushgoil
[QUOTE="Andraxal"]To AzelKosMos:

AzelKosMos

I'll have to pop in my FFVIII OST.. I have to admit, I don't remember a lot of the music anymore.

IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 IpodHero176

By far THE best song has got to be Distant Worlds, it's TRULY epic.

Andraxal

I've never heard of it:|

Andraxal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Andraxal
Hey Cecil! Hope you're feeling better. :) You wouldn't have heard of about any FFXI music probably. A lot of it is beyond great, while other tracks are meh..
AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 AzelKosMos
[QUOTE="AzelKosMos"][QUOTE="Andraxal"]To AzelKosMos:

crushgoil

I'll have to pop in my FFVIII OST.. I have to admit, I don't remember a lot of the music anymore.

It was the first FF game I played. It's hard for me to forget it, that and I'm playing it now >_>

IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 IpodHero176

Hey Cecil! Hope you're feeling better. :) You wouldn't have heard of about any FFXI music probably. A lot of it is beyond great, while other tracks are meh.. Andraxal

I've seen a few tracks. Never heard any.

Andraxal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Andraxal

You'd really like it Cecil back in it's glory days, but it's dying out finally after about 5 years I believe it is. Maybe more like 4 then? But it's an older MMORPG, and they usually never last that long, it's much better than WoW. I like GW just as much. However I gotta say that Uematsu produced some great stuff from that game, as long with the other mysterios composer which replaced Uematsu on parts of FFXI's expansions.

tabian00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#47 tabian00
Member since 2004 • 157 Posts
Out of sheer relaxation and calming tunes FF has put out my personal favs are The Place of Memories from IX and The Tomb where the Brothers are in VIII. I have actually fallen asleep while in Memoria :D
Andraxal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Andraxal
Hahahahaha! When it comes to relaxation Memoria, The Crystal, Rose of Mayand Pandemonium of FFIX COULD DEFINITELY put me too sleep in terms of relaxation.
queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 queen_valentine

Out of sheer relaxation and calming tunes FF has put out my personal favs are The Place of Memories from IX and The Tomb where the Brothers are in VIII. I have actually fallen asleep while in Memoria :Dtabian00

IX has some incredible songs! I believe the song you're talking about from VIII is "Find Your Way", which is a great song too!

IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 IpodHero176
The battle music to FFVI is really good. I loved how Uematsu remade it into a rock version:D