castlebaM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 castlebaM
Member since 2006 • 232 Posts

So far I think that FF7 is the best FF game in the series.

And I cant wait till FF12 comes out

ive already resaerved it

mr_bri9htside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#2 mr_bri9htside
Member since 2005 • 1948 Posts
I always thought of each FInal Fantasy being best at one thing. Like FF VII being a classic. FF X best graphics during it's time. FF VI having best story. FF IX being in everyone's favorites. And such and such..... But to me, I think FF X is the best because of it's gameplay and story. And very memorable characters.
cloudrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 cloudrules
Member since 2005 • 160 Posts

I agree with FF7 being the best. The game had the best characters, and the twists in the game are the most surprising.

zambo1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 zambo1987
Member since 2006 • 882 Posts
I always thought of each FInal Fantasy being best at one thing. Like FF VII being a classic. FF X best graphics during it's time. FF VI having best story. FF IX being in everyone's favorites. And such and such..... But to me, I think FF X is the best because of it's gameplay and story. And very memorable characters.mr_bri9htside
Agree with best story in VI and best graphics in X. I can't decide which is better but I prefer the characters of VI.
castlebaM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 castlebaM
Member since 2006 • 232 Posts
i think everyone is right. they are all great.
ChaosCloud99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ChaosCloud99
Member since 2006 • 142 Posts
the best one that i think is FF7.
Avatar image for Sir-Dark-Raiden
Sir-Dark-Raiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7 Sir-Dark-Raiden
Member since 2006 • 1040 Posts
I liked FF VII, but to be honest the battle for me is beetwen FF VIII and X and to be honest as much as i enjoyed FF VIII and i finished it about 9 times i will choose Final fantasy X. I really loved the new graphics, the gameplay, the sphere grid the old and new Guardian Forces and most of all the story. Maybe some will say that Final fantasy hasn't got a great story, but i really liked it. :D
Pharoah103090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Pharoah103090
Member since 2005 • 1936 Posts
No offence to everyone else but I think that FF VII is WAY too in love with itself. FFX had a better story, better gameplay, and it was a just overall better game. However, I bet for saying this I will be crusified, but oh well.
LightThief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LightThief
Member since 2006 • 367 Posts
Jeez... I really didn't like X compared to the other ones... I thought the characters were boring and the story dragged on a bit... Although the actual gameplay was really cool (especially leveling) and I still enjoyed the game, I would just rank it really low compared to the others. (no offense to anyone, it's just my opinion). I did enjoy VII and IX the most, but that's because VII was the game that brought me into the series... I thought the story and characters were very compelling and kept me wanting to play more and more just to find out what would happen. IX was a bit more jumpy in story but I loved it also and I would consider it very close. The first six are also classics, but I do find it easier to get into the stories with the 3d aspect (not necessarily graphics but well scenery and cinematics are important sometimes).
Avatar image for Sir-Dark-Raiden
Sir-Dark-Raiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#10 Sir-Dark-Raiden
Member since 2006 • 1040 Posts
The graphics are not that important, but sometimes they bring a little sunshine on the players face. Am i right? :)
softcloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 softcloud
Member since 2003 • 275 Posts
Having enjoyed the NES installments and SNES installments of FF as well as the "new age" ones, I'd still have to say FF7 is the best. Now I know there are many out there who see me as narrow minded or such, but I'll remind you, I've played them all, enjoyed them all, and I still to this day, haven't played a game that had me so swallowed up in it's storyline, captured by it's characters and it's ease of gameplay. FF7 has spun off many games and other entertaining things, such as anime tv shows, an anime movie (at least on that I know of), an CG movie, lately DOC ... Everywhere the title FF7 is heard, hype begins to build, rumors, etc ... it's magnetic really ... people have enjoyed it so much, they crave more, not because it wasn't satisfying enough, but because the want to feel being a part of the story again. The ONLY other FF installment that has tried to have a spin off/sequel was FFX, but we all know how that ended ... We asked for more tidus and yuna, we got charlie's angels instead. Furthermore, each FF game can't be compared by graphics. Each game was above standard for it's time in that department, to compare FF1 to FFX for example and saying I like the new installments better because it has prettier graphics is an outrage. These games are masterpeices and by such, should be compared based on when it was played, it's epic storyline and memorable characters. As such, FF7 is in my opinion the best one.
Karinka19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#12 Karinka19
Member since 2005 • 349 Posts
FF 8
worldwarz157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 worldwarz157
Member since 2006 • 620 Posts

FFX-2

kablay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 kablay
Member since 2005 • 366 Posts
I thought FFX was the best, and contrary to what others may think, I thought FFVII was a dissapointment. It was supposed to be the best FF, but I thought the story was bad and too confusing, the characters were underdeveloped, and there was little strategy needed to complete it. If you want an overview of what I thought, read my review. On the other hand, X's story was awesome, the characters had excellent backgrounds that really drew you in, and there was a lot of strategy and puzzle solving. The Sphere Grid was fun too. And whoever says the battle system isn't good I don't agree with (not trying to flame). It may have been slow, but it was very stategical, probably the most strategical one I've played (some other ones have been Pokemon and Paper Mario). So, FFX (and X-2) rock(s), FFVII is way overrated and just an average RPG.
kablay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 kablay
Member since 2005 • 366 Posts

Having enjoyed the NES installments and SNES installments of FF as well as the "new age" ones, I'd still have to say FF7 is the best. Now I know there are many out there who see me as narrow minded or such, but I'll remind you, I've played them all, enjoyed them all, and I still to this day, haven't played a game that had me so swallowed up in it's storyline, captured by it's characters and it's ease of gameplay. FF7 has spun off many games and other entertaining things, such as anime tv shows, an anime movie (at least on that I know of), an CG movie, lately DOC ... Everywhere the title FF7 is heard, hype begins to build, rumors, etc ... it's magnetic really ... people have enjoyed it so much, they crave more, not because it wasn't satisfying enough, but because the want to feel being a part of the story again. The ONLY other FF installment that has tried to have a spin off/sequel was FFX, but we all know how that ended ... We asked for more tidus and yuna, we got charlie's angels instead. Furthermore, each FF game can't be compared by graphics. Each game was above standard for it's time in that department, to compare FF1 to FFX for example and saying I like the new installments better because it has prettier graphics is an outrage. These games are masterpeices and by such, should be compared based on when it was played, it's epic storyline and memorable characters. As such, FF7 is in my opinion the best one.softcloud

Ha, ha! Charlie's Angels... That is funny, but I still liked the game. But I have one question: Who's Charlie?

coldness6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 coldness6
Member since 2005 • 610 Posts

[QUOTE="softcloud"]Having enjoyed the NES installments and SNES installments of FF as well as the "new age" ones, I'd still have to say FF7 is the best. Now I know there are many out there who see me as narrow minded or such, but I'll remind you, I've played them all, enjoyed them all, and I still to this day, haven't played a game that had me so swallowed up in it's storyline, captured by it's characters and it's ease of gameplay. FF7 has spun off many games and other entertaining things, such as anime tv shows, an anime movie (at least on that I know of), an CG movie, lately DOC ... Everywhere the title FF7 is heard, hype begins to build, rumors, etc ... it's magnetic really ... people have enjoyed it so much, they crave more, not because it wasn't satisfying enough, but because the want to feel being a part of the story again. The ONLY other FF installment that has tried to have a spin off/sequel was FFX, but we all know how that ended ... We asked for more tidus and yuna, we got charlie's angels instead. Furthermore, each FF game can't be compared by graphics. Each game was above standard for it's time in that department, to compare FF1 to FFX for example and saying I like the new installments better because it has prettier graphics is an outrage. These games are masterpeices and by such, should be compared based on when it was played, it's epic storyline and memorable characters. As such, FF7 is in my opinion the best one.kablay

Ha, ha! Charlie's Angels... That is funny, but I still liked the game. But I have one question: Who's Charlie?

Having enjoyed the NES installments and SNES installments of FF as well as the "new age" ones, I'd still have to say FF7 is the best. Now I know there are many out there who see me as narrow minded or such, but I'll remind you, I've played them all, enjoyed them all, and I still to this day, haven't played a game that had me so swallowed up in it's storyline, captured by it's characters and it's ease of gameplay. FF7 has spun off many games and other entertaining things, such as anime tv shows, an anime movie (at least on that I know of), an CG movie, lately DOC ... Everywhere the title FF7 is heard, hype begins to build, rumors, etc ... it's magnetic really ... people have enjoyed it so much, they crave more, not because it wasn't satisfying enough, but because the want to feel being a part of the story again. The ONLY other FF installment that has tried to have a spin off/sequel was FFX, but we all know how that ended ... We asked for more tidus and yuna, we got charlie's angels instead. Furthermore, each FF game can't be compared by graphics. Each game was above standard for it's time in that department, to compare FF1 to FFX for example and saying I like the new installments better because it has prettier graphics is an outrage. These games are masterpeices and by such, should be compared based on when it was played, it's epic storyline and memorable characters. As such, FF7 is in my opinion the best one.softcloud
Well I agree on that,my opinion is that I love all FFs,but my fav is FFVII and then FFX
coldness6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 coldness6
sorry for the double quoting
droge085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 droge085
Member since 2006 • 192 Posts
NOT FINAL FANTASY VII , NOT FINAL FANASY VII NOT FINAL FANTSY VII, NOT FINAL FANTASY VII

CLOUD SUCKS, CLOUD SUCKS, CLOUD SUCKS
CLOUD SUCKS, CLOUD SUCKS, CLOUD SUCKS
CLOUD SUCKS, CLOUD SUCKS, CLOUD SUCKSCLOUD SUCKS, CLOUD SUCKS, CLOUD SUCKSCLOUD SUCKS, CLOUD SUCKS, CLOUD SUCKSCLOUD SUCKS, CLOUD SUCKS, CLOUD SUCKS
nickisthemost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nickisthemost
Member since 2005 • 921 Posts

YES FINAL FANTASY VII , YES FINAL FANASY VII YES FINAL FANTSY VII, YES FINAL FANTASY VII

CLOUD  is COOL, TIFA  is COOL, BARRET  is COOL,
REDXIII  is COOL, AERIS  is COOL, VINCENT  is COOL,CID  is COOL, YUFFIE  is COOL, CAITH  is COOL, SEPHIROTH is COOL, TURKS is COOL, RENO is COOL, RUFUS  is COOL, EVERYBODY is COOL

That is the hardest cut and paste i had ever done !

droge085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 droge085
Member since 2006 • 192 Posts

YES FINAL FANTASY VII , YES FINAL FANASY VII YES FINAL FANTSY VII, YES FINAL FANTASY VII

CLOUD is COOL, TIFA is COOL, BARRET is COOL,
REDXIII is COOL, AERIS is COOL, VINCENT is COOL,CID is COOL, YUFFIE is COOL, CAITH is COOL, SEPHIROTH is COOL, TURKS is COOL, RENO is COOL, RUFUS is COOL, EVERYBODY is COOL

nickisthemost
Except you are dead wrong. Final Fantasy 7 sux dick, all of those characters suck except for Tifa, and you are dead wrong. If that cut and paste was hard, then you realy need some work.
CoRiNi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21 CoRiNi
Member since 2005 • 791 Posts

I think it's FFT. I also like FFVII and VIII thay have great characters.

and I think FFIII and VI wasn't bad at all.

gilbertus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 gilbertus
Member since 2003 • 452 Posts

I like FFVII, and IX, and X, VI was great too, oh and lets not forget IV... ok i like'em all! (but seriously VII is the best for me)

Oh and something else, in donmy opinion most people who t like FFVII is because they heard it was such a great game and had their hopes so high that were disapointed (eventhough it's one of the best game ever) when they played it, but i may be wrong :(

coldness6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 coldness6
I like all FFs,but my best goes to VII....it's the only darkish game,if you ask me....but FFX follows closely!!
nickisthemost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 nickisthemost
[QUOTE="nickisthemost"]

YES FINAL FANTASY VII , YES FINAL FANASY VII YES FINAL FANTSY VII, YES FINAL FANTASY VII

CLOUD is COOL, TIFA is COOL, BARRET is COOL,
REDXIII is COOL, AERIS is COOL, VINCENT is COOL,CID is COOL, YUFFIE is COOL, CAITH is COOL, SEPHIROTH is COOL, TURKS is COOL, RENO is COOL, RUFUS is COOL, EVERYBODY is COOL

droge085

Except you are dead wrong. Final Fantasy 7 sux dick, all of those characters suck except for Tifa, and you are dead wrong. If that cut and paste was hard, then you realy need some work.

Hah! say who? Most of the users here vote for FF VII even the banner are FF VII(you should work really hard to noticed that!)

nickisthemost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nickisthemost
Sorry for double posting Tifa looks really cool in that banner (just realising it after posting above).
worldwarz157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 worldwarz157
Member since 2006 • 620 Posts
i would have to say FFX-2.
neohakusho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27 neohakusho
Member since 2004 • 246 Posts
ff7/ff10
cannot decide >
Skypac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Skypac
Member since 2005 • 80 Posts
VII
AznMage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AznMage
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
well, FFX brought me into the Final Fantasy Series, and when i played FFVII at my friend's house, i thought it was ok... But then again, i might be spoiled by the graphics of that yesteryear.
But if i were to write objectively, then I would say FFX had the best gameplay and graphics, FFVII had the best characters, plot, and graphics at the time.  FFVIII sucked. 
thats really i all i have to say.
cbirp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 cbirp
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

I would have to say that FFVI was the best in the series if you had to pick one clear cut one.  It had the best story and character development of any in the series, and on top of that it had 14 main playable characters and even more that you had to play than just those 14.  For any game to juggle 14 different characters and have deep and compelling stories in any time period of video gaming is a feat on it's own.  FFVI has arguably the best villian as well in the series, Kefka is sick and twisted in his actions that is rarely seen in the franchise. 

FF VII's battle system and leveling system is all the advance forms of the magicite system in this game and the desperation attacks there are the snes version of limit breaks.   Any FF game between 7-10 (possibly more) would not have been the same without FFVI.

LoneRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 LoneRex
Member since 2006 • 1717 Posts
FFVII is my fav, no game has put me more involved in a game's storyline than that one, the characters were great although some appeared to have no spirit at all, it has great twists in the plot and the graphics are the best at its time and even today, I can still play it. Also the villain of the game is problably the best, Sephiroth is the coolest villain of them all, and most hated too. The music is great coming from sunny beaches to a godlike angelic chorum. Closely followed by FFVII is FFVI.
tigerfan17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 tigerfan17
Member since 2005 • 736 Posts
Well, Final Fantasy 10 is my favorite so far.  But I can't wait to play FF3 for the DS.
unnilennium78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#33 unnilennium78
Member since 2004 • 581 Posts
Based on Gameplay & Story..... FF VII is the best.
silverdragon16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 silverdragon16
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

For those that came into the series at VII, congrates for being one of millions. The game was a favorite of mine too, so dont think i'm putting you down i myself have cloud and tifa as a background. unfortunatly i have to agree with VI being the best. We are talking about dynamics, game longevity and difficulty not graphics.

--* FF VI*-- hands down ( it took freaking forever to max lv every char.)

greatfluffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 greatfluffy
Member since 2005 • 2062 Posts
Final Fantasy X was the best to me because of the storylinem the battles, the boosses, character development and the plot. 
yuffiestrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 yuffiestrife
Member since 2006 • 352 Posts
i am going to be werid and say final fantasy 9 i think that it good story line but half of the charters are crap but the mini games are good i really enjoyed the card game
Syicrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#37 Syicrone
Member since 2005 • 86 Posts
This kinda thing can only be an opinion, there is no real greatest FF game. But my choice would be FFVI because of the awesome storyline and characters.
W8I8Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

#38 W8I8Z
Member since 2005 • 4200 Posts

In my opinion the best OVERALL was FFVII but here are a few side issues:

Best story: FFVI

Best graphics: FFX

Best CGI of summons: FFIX (watching Bahamut defeat Alexander was amazing!!!)

Ace_923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Ace_923
Member since 2006 • 41 Posts
personally i like III and X.
Avatar image for DeltaCommando07
DeltaCommando07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#40 DeltaCommando07
Member since 2005 • 7443 Posts
best game: ff7 best story: ff7 best graphics: ffx/x-2
Devilluzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Devilluzz
Member since 2004 • 138 Posts

Let's just say they where all the best at the time they came out, for know that will be FF XII and for tomorrow that will be FF XIII on PS3.8)

No doubt about it! :wink: