Who's your favourite Square Enix game Character EVER and why?

• 92 results
smootheyes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 smootheyes2
Member since 2005 • 3203 Posts
Just wondering to see what kinds of character's we'll get. My personal favourite is Fayt from Star Ocean Till The End Of Time. I like him forstly cuz Star Ocean 3 is my fave game eva!! He's a cool character that really persists to do the right thing, but he's not always perfect and nice, which is a good contrast. He's very stubborn and is often a rebel. He looks really cool, and has great skills to be learnt. I really like his whole attitude and character development! Thanks!! :D
cloud31blunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 cloud31blunt
Member since 2007 • 624 Posts
Mine would have to be Tidus because he is the character with the single greatest story i have ever seen.
smootheyes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 smootheyes2

Mine would have to be Tidus because he is the character with the single greatest story i have ever seen.cloud31blunt

yeah, he's up there with me too. i always really liked him. he makes FF X really good

hrimthursar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 hrimthursar
Member since 2003 • 653 Posts

cid from final fantasy...well pick one, that man can do anything

smootheyes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 smootheyes2

cid from final fantasy...well pick one, that man can do anything

hrimthursar

he's pretty good. i've only seen him in KH and FFX-2 though. not in his original game

hrimthursar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 hrimthursar
Member since 2003 • 653 Posts
well hes in all most all of them, though never the same guy, except cid highwind, in ff7 and kh
johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#7 johngebreadman
Member since 2007 • 9960 Posts
yuna because she is awesome
carrotthead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 carrotthead
Member since 2004 • 1408 Posts
squall because he was one of those cool, quiet types
johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 johngebreadman
he wasnt that quiet and he got annoyed with people a lot. then again ive only got to the next save point after they faint on the train and you contorol laguna
Dantes_Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 Dantes_Girl
Member since 2005 • 4945 Posts
Mine is easily Cliff from Star Ocean 3. Why? Well, I don't think you guys would want to know! :oops: :lol:
S_Jake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 S_Jake
Member since 2004 • 1502 Posts
My favourite is definitely Sydney Lostarrot. He was very intelligent and cunning and also extremely perceptive. Had a vast array of dark powers, but wielded them in such a way that they weren't immediately apparent. He also delivered some of my favourite lines in any SE game.
kryu88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#12 kryu88
Member since 2006 • 9301 Posts
Hmm I would have to say Elly from Xenogears (I know most of you expected me to say Kuja, right? :P ) But, to me, most of the characters from Xenogears qualify as some of my favorites ever. To explain why it's her...I'd have to explain almost the whole story behind Xenogears...and that would take forever. :P
johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 johngebreadman
namine and kairi and ...juat all the kh2 characters are good too, but not as good as yuna, squall, cloud, tidus, rikku, tifa, aeris e.t.c oh yeah and rinoa
Lady_Bahamut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Lady_Bahamut
Member since 2007 • 1224 Posts
I'm a Zidane fan! :P I also give a special mention to Roxas of KH2, who didn't get enough screen time.
smootheyes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 smootheyes2
i don't know a lot of these characters...
smootheyes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 smootheyes2

Mine is easily Cliff from Star Ocean 3. Why? Well, I don't think you guys would want to know! :oops: :lol:Dantes_Girl

I love Star Ocean:D

S_Jake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 S_Jake

Mine is easily Cliff from Star Ocean 3. Why? Well, I don't think you guys would want to know! :oops: :lol:Dantes_Girl

:lol: But I could probably guess, right? ;)

Dantes_Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Dantes_Girl

[QUOTE="Dantes_Girl"]Mine is easily Cliff from Star Ocean 3. Why? Well, I don't think you guys would want to know! :oops: :lol:S_Jake

Hey now! :P :lol:

S_Jake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 S_Jake
[QUOTE="S_Jake"]

[QUOTE="Dantes_Girl"]Mine is easily Cliff from Star Ocean 3. Why? Well, I don't think you guys would want to know! :oops: :lol:Dantes_Girl

Hey now! :P :lol:

:lol:

TheManWithAPS2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TheManWithAPS2
Member since 2005 • 2378 Posts
Mine is Auron because he is just... cool. Squall as well for the same reason.
cloud31blunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 cloud31blunt

Mine is Auron because he is just... cool. Squall as well for the same reason.TheManWithAPS2

Good choice :D

johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 johngebreadman
yuna is by far a better character than both. rinoa is a good character as is Squall. and cloud
smootheyes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 smootheyes2
i like Storm from FFXIII Versus too!! as you can see
darkcloud6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 darkcloud6
Member since 2007 • 4685 Posts
i don't think i can choose, my top ones ore yuna, balthier, fran, cliff, vivi, cloud,auron, rufus, its to hard to pick one :).
danmccarthy2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 danmccarthy2
Member since 2006 • 91 Posts
My favourite character in a Square game is Ashley Riot from Vagrant Story followed by Ramza Beoulve from FF Tactics at a close second. What I love about these characters is their sense of justice that they are able to preserve despite being confronted by a world that is twisted, warped, and lacking in the qualitites that they hold dear. Their perseverance and unwillingness to compromise and give in to what is wrong with the world is very moving to me. The pain that both characters suffer during the games really draws you in to their heads and allows you to really empathize with their lives.
crushgoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 crushgoil
Member since 2006 • 2554 Posts

My favourite character in a Square game is Ashley Riot from Vagrant Story followed by Ramza Beoulve from FF Tactics at a close second. What I love about these characters is their sense of justice that they are able to preserve despite being confronted by a world that is twisted, warped, and lacking in the qualitites that they hold dear. Their perseverance and unwillingness to compromise and give in to what is wrong with the world is very moving to me. The pain that both characters suffer during the games really draws you in to their heads and allows you to really empathize with their lives.danmccarthy2

You're right, Ramza is a really great character..! My fav. part of FFT is his character development.

johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 johngebreadman
i prefer delita but ramza is great
smootheyes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 smootheyes2

My favourite character in a Square game is Ashley Riot from Vagrant Story followed by Ramza Beoulve from FF Tactics at a close second. What I love about these characters is their sense of justice that they are able to preserve despite being confronted by a world that is twisted, warped, and lacking in the qualitites that they hold dear. Their perseverance and unwillingness to compromise and give in to what is wrong with the world is very moving to me. The pain that both characters suffer during the games really draws you in to their heads and allows you to really empathize with their lives.danmccarthy2

VERY good answer!!

TriEdgeFury26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TriEdgeFury26
Member since 2007 • 2660 Posts

hmm................

girls: yuffie-spunky thieving ninja/ rydia-just because/ rikku-another thief/ white mage-healing....... (FFI)/ maria traydor-she is just soo cool........../ashe-........

guys: cid-the smoking drinking pilot/ cecil- good character development/ sephiroth-you know why......../ fayt- once again, good character development/ albel-he's really cool too.....his costume is kinda gay though..........

things: Red XIII-my favorite non human character/ crosell-because he's a huge dragon/ moogles and chocobos(it goes without saying)/ was radiata stories just tri ace?

i know the reasons arent great but that about all i got at the moment..........

smootheyes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 smootheyes2

hmm................

girls: yuffie-spunky thieving ninja/ rydia-just because/ rikku-another thief/ white mage-healing....... (FFI)/ maria traydor-she is just soo cool........../ashe-........

guys: cid-the smoking drinking pilot/ cecil- good character development/ sephiroth-you know why......../ fayt- once again, good character development/ albel-he's really cool too.....his costume is kinda gay though..........

things: Red XIII-my favorite non human character/ crosell-because he's a huge dragon/ moogles and chocobos(it goes without saying)/ was radiata stories just tri ace?

TriEdgeFury26

I see that you like Star Ocean 3. VERY GOOD!!:P:P:P

darkcloud6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 darkcloud6
Member since 2007 • 4685 Posts
[QUOTE="TriEdgeFury26"]

hmm................

smootheyes2

anyone who likes SOTET is all good in my books :lol:.

TriEdgeFury26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TriEdgeFury26
[QUOTE="smootheyes2"][QUOTE="TriEdgeFury26"]

hmm................

darkcloud6

hmm....it ties with Jade Cocoon 2 as my favorite RPG of all time.................

johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 johngebreadman

i don't think i can choose, my top ones ore yuna, balthier, fran, cliff, vivi, cloud,auron, rufus, its to hard to pick one :).darkcloud6

i thought you said yuna was the best character and you knew she was?

smootheyes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 smootheyes2

hmm................

darkcloud6

You guys are great:P!! I love it too!!

smootheyes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 smootheyes2
[QUOTE="darkcloud6"][QUOTE="smootheyes2"][QUOTE="TriEdgeFury26"]

hmm................

TriEdgeFury26

hmm....it ties with Jade Cocoon 2 as my favorite RPG of all time.................

YAY!!

Dantes_Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Dantes_Girl

hmm................

darkcloud6

It is nice to see that it gets some respect here, unlike another union I'm in.

cloud31blunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 cloud31blunt

hmm................

smootheyes2

Speaking of Star Ocean 3 i picked up a copy and started playing it and was lovin it till it froze and there is a big scratch on my disc :(((. a few bad words later i took it back and theyre gonna get me a new copy in about a week so im angry as i was really enjoying that.

Dantes_Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Dantes_Girl
[QUOTE="smootheyes2"][QUOTE="darkcloud6"][QUOTE="smootheyes2"][QUOTE="TriEdgeFury26"]

hmm................

cloud31blunt

Speaking of Star Ocean 3 i picked up a copy and started playing it and was lovin it till it froze and there is a big scratch on my disc :(((. a few bad words later i took it back and theyre gonna get me a new copy in about a week so im angry as i was really enjoying that.

Ouch, that really sucks.

S_Jake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 S_Jake
[QUOTE="darkcloud6"]

Dantes_Girl

Yeah, SO3 seems to attract a lot of unfair criticism (mostly from fans of SO2) instead of being judged on it's own merits.

Dantes_Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Dantes_Girl
[QUOTE="Dantes_Girl"][QUOTE="darkcloud6"]

S_Jake

Yeah, SO3 seems to attract a lot of unfair criticism (mostly from fans of SO2) instead of being judged on it's own merits.

Well the bad thing is, whenever SO3 is brought up in topics I usually mention how much I love Cliff. I'm starting to think it's a bad idea now since people sometimes get on my case about it. It happened not too long ago actually...

S_Jake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 S_Jake
[QUOTE="S_Jake"][QUOTE="Dantes_Girl"][QUOTE="darkcloud6"]

Dantes_Girl

Well the bad thing is, whenever SO3 is brought up in topics I usually mention how much I love Cliff. I'm starting to think it's a bad idea now since people sometimes get on my case about it. It happened not too long ago actually...

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. :( So much for everyone's opinion being valid. ;)

Dantes_Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Dantes_Girl
[QUOTE="Dantes_Girl"][QUOTE="S_Jake"][QUOTE="Dantes_Girl"][QUOTE="darkcloud6"]

S_Jake

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. :( So much for everyone's opinion being valid. ;)

Yeah, no kidding. :lol:

kryu88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#43 kryu88
Member since 2006 • 9301 Posts

hmm................

Dantes_Girl

Indeed, here SO3 gets the love it deserves! :D

smootheyes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 smootheyes2
[QUOTE="smootheyes2"][QUOTE="darkcloud6"][QUOTE="smootheyes2"][QUOTE="TriEdgeFury26"]

hmm................

cloud31blunt

If you ever get stuck on it, or wanna know something, I'm the one to ask!! I've played it soooooo many times for HOURS!!!:P

TriEdgeFury26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TriEdgeFury26
[QUOTE="cloud31blunt"][QUOTE="smootheyes2"][QUOTE="darkcloud6"][QUOTE="smootheyes2"][QUOTE="TriEdgeFury26"]

hmm................

smootheyes2

If you ever get stuck on it, or wanna know something, I'm the one to ask!! I've played it soooooo many times for HOURS!!!:P

mhm, i'm here as well.............powerleveling sucks............i've only managed to level my characters up to lvl 155............100 to go(and thats only fayt, maria and albel)................but i stopped playing about a year ago...............i guess ill get back into it.....i really loved the item creation/invention thing its one of my favorite sidequests in all of rpgs........oh and for the cliff users...........HAMMER OF MIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (i loved that attack in the beggining of the game...................)

Dantes_Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Dantes_Girl

Need I say more? :P

Supakilla_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#47 Supakilla_2004
Member since 2005 • 476 Posts
Mines is Zidane he was great friend in the story and he has a tail how much cooler could he get.
latte428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#48 latte428
Member since 2004 • 5957 Posts

Dantes_Girl

NICE!

I really need to go back and play it more!

It has been at least a year since I played 3!

It is really hard to pick one favorite character. I guess it would be Cloud. Just like pouting guys I guess! ;)

S_Jake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 S_Jake
[QUOTE="Dantes_Girl"]

latte428

NICE!

It is really hard to pick one favorite character. I guess it would be Cloud. Just like pouting guys I guess! ;)

:lol:

crushgoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#50 crushgoil
Member since 2006 • 2554 Posts

NICE!

latte428

Haha!! I guess I like guys like that too