Wat tone does it look like FF12 will have?

jared_bell08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 jared_bell08
Member since 2004 • 28 Posts
I've been thinking bout the FFs recently and it seems like theyve had varying shades of dark tones if you know wat i mean. like FF7 was pretty grim overall and FF8 was pretty tragic and FF9 was well....vague?
FF10 was also grim and i think that the grim tone worked better. But wat do you think this one will be like? will it be a quest for doom like in 10 or the rebellious like in 7 (thats wat i think).
Vincent188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Vincent188
Member since 2005 • 112 Posts

I think it'll be more of a rebellious tone since the main character looks like a rebel to me.. It looks like there's a war too, i bet it'll have a rebellious tone..

kingdom09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 kingdom09
Member since 2005 • 53071 Posts
Well with the war and the love that it looks like it will have, it might have a tragic side to it.
Arath_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Arath_1
Member since 2003 • 4688 Posts

Basically what your trying to discern is what the main THEME of the STORY in Final Fantasy XII will be. Am I correct? It is rarely the case that any one theme overwhelms everything else, although certain themes can come together to give a story a specific story.

Final Fantasy XII? I believe its overall tone will be the fight of dark against light. The main themes will be love, life, war and struggle. With some of the main arcs concerning overcomming past difficulties, forging a different future without letting the past hold you back, not to mention a conflict of interests and the relevance of a situation to give context to whether an act can be considered good or bad. I think Final Fantasy XII will be one of the most complex stories ever told in a game with interwining arcs involving various characters and motives.

Its definately going to focus on war and the struggle that it bring as well as life and death (not to mention love). Somehow I think the ending will let the player decide as to what the overall tone and theme of the story was and that it will be a little different for everybody.

SolidSnakeWVU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 SolidSnakeWVU
Member since 2005 • 409 Posts

I'm thinking more of a rebellious tone

OGEpisodes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 OGEpisodes
Member since 2003 • 2543 Posts
Hmm, I have a feeling it will be war fuelled, rebellious and a form of a rags to riches story in the case of Vaan.
Coolius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Coolius
Member since 2003 • 121 Posts

I've been thinking bout the FFs recently and it seems like theyve had varying shades of dark tones if you know wat i mean. like FF7 was pretty grim overall and FF8 was pretty tragic and FF9 was well....vague?
FF10 was also grim and i think that the grim tone worked better. But wat do you think this one will be like? will it be a quest for doom like in 10 or the rebellious like in 7 (thats wat i think).jared_bell08

I think the tone in FFX was joyful and not grim.

casan02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 casan02
Member since 2004 • 83 Posts
I am gonna have to agree with most of you. It may have a rebellious tone, but maybe this could be the tipical "militia versus a super empire" tone. Also, I could be wrong, but correct me if I am. It could be possible that it may have a bit of love. I dunno..just a hunch.
gill9221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gill9221
Member since 2004 • 449 Posts
I'm thinking "kick ass." Yes. This game is going to kick ass. That's all that matters. Best. Game. Ever. Maybe? Hopefully.
jared_bell08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 jared_bell08
Member since 2004 • 28 Posts

I agree that it will probably have many themes connecting together, and almost all of the great games have had that.  But to me it would strike different feelings at different times but come together to create an overall mood if you will.  Like in Tactics the overall mood was sorta pissed off because people kept betraying you.

However I think you showed a great point of view and I really hope that it turns out that way. I for one like a rebellious attitude because it makes me seem almost like that "bad guy" which you dont get to be all that often.

And to the one person about 10.....the whole quest is for Yuna to go die basically O.o thats grim to me.

Coolius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Coolius
Member since 2003 • 121 Posts

I agree that it will probably have many themes connecting together, and almost all of the great games have had that.  But to me it would strike different feelings at different times but come together to create an overall mood if you will.  Like in Tactics the overall mood was sorta pissed off because people kept betraying you.

However I think you showed a great point of view and I really hope that it turns out that way. I for one like a rebellious attitude because it makes me seem almost like that "bad guy" which you dont get to be all that often.

And to the one person about 10.....the whole quest is for Yuna to go die basically O.o thats grim to me.

jared_bell08

I agree that the quest is grim, but the TONE is happy.

kingdom09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kingdom09
Member since 2005 • 53071 Posts

Hmm, I have a feeling it will be war fuelled, rebellious and a form of a rags to riches story in the case of Vaan.Somegamer

Its possible, but either way its gonna be another good one.