Dude_The_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Dude_The_Man
Member since 2006 • 852 Posts

Assuming your stuck on a desert island with no hope of rescue (because I say so not because of some assumption :roll: ) and you can take one game + the system to play it (again assume theres a wall outlet on a tree that works off of solar powered coconuts) which game would it be? Also if it is a multiplayer(not online) game assume the monkeys have their futurama brain power hats on and are willing to play with you all day long.

This isn't a straight forward list your favorite game thread. Ideally this is a list your top pick for the game you can play the most on into infinity and still come back for more. Personally I tend to like RPGs more on any sort of best game list I create in my mind. On the flip side for pure play-time on a single game multiplayer FPS' are by far more of a time sink for me. Going all the way back to Goldeneye for N64.

As for what I would pick. At the moment it would probably be Shadowrun. I could and do play that game as long as I have free time and then come right back to it. Bleeding out trolls never gets old..

Avatar image for queen_valentine
queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 queen_valentine
Member since 2004 • 5870 Posts

Hmm....a great question! :P

I'm tempted to say FFVI but honestly, how many times can you play the same game and not get sick of doing the same things? I'd have to pick a fun multiplayer game that you can also play online.

I'd say either Tetris DS, UT2K4 (only 'cause I haven't played UT3 yet :P), or Soul Calibur II!

S_Jake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 S_Jake
Member since 2004 • 1502 Posts
Yeah, I agree with Celes: this is a great idea for a topic. It's a really tough choice, but I'd probably take my PS plus my copy of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, though Vagrant Story runs it very close. :)
crushgoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 crushgoil
Member since 2006 • 2554 Posts

*thinks for 1.5 seconds*

DISGAEA!!!! :D:D:D

okay, I'm done... :oops:

S_Jake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 S_Jake

*thinks for 1.5 seconds*

DISGAEA!!!! :D:D:D

okay, I'm done... :oops:

crushgoil

Is pleasantly surprised. :)

Dude_The_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Dude_The_Man

Disgaea had some massive depth with it's colored tiles, carrying and throwing allies and the weapon dungeon levels etc. I still wish it had some kind of class system but i'm a FFT freak.

Never played Vagrant Story. Eventually stock willing i'll get Gamefly to send me a copy.

As far as UT2 have you played UC2: Liandri Conflict? Oh man did that absorb literally weeks of my time back on the original Xbox.. It's like UT but the adrenaline powers are unique to the characters who are all unique also. They all have unique melee weapons, you can play in 3rd person if you choose etc. I liked it way better then the other Unreal games once I played it but it takes a bit of getting used to.

Lady_Bahamut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lady_Bahamut
Member since 2007 • 1224 Posts
FFIX or Okami... I can't decide!
S_Jake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 S_Jake

Disgaea had some massive depth with it's colored tiles, carrying and throwing allies and the weapon dungeon levels etc. I still wish it had some kind of class system but i'm a FFT freak.

Never played Vagrant Story. Eventually stock willing i'll get Gamefly to send me a copy.

As far as UT2 have you played UC2: Liandri Conflict? Oh man did that absorb literally weeks of my time back on the original Xbox.. It's like UT but the adrenaline powers are unique to the characters who are all unique also. They all have unique melee weapons, you can play in 3rd person if you choose etc. I liked it way better then the other Unreal games once I played it but it takes a bit of getting used to.

Dude_The_Man

Umm...but Disgaea did have a class system. It was actually even deeper than FFT's. :|

carrotthead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 carrotthead
Member since 2004 • 1408 Posts
hummm...i guess you would get sick of any game if you play it too much...but i think i would bring along either guitar hero 2 or ff 12
queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 queen_valentine

Dude_The_Man

No I didn't play it, I'm not too big a fan of playing big shooters like UT on a console so I just never bothered to get it. I think I was still too into UT2K4 at the time... :lol: :P

johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#11 johngebreadman
Member since 2007 • 9960 Posts

thinks for o seconds.

ffx

ff7

fftwotl

i would never get bored, maybe X-2 as well. in fact i would love that being able to pay ff for the rest of my life

hrimthursar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 hrimthursar
Member since 2003 • 653 Posts
have to be either oblivion for replay value or ffxii because i still have a couple of hunts left.
cloud31blunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 cloud31blunt
Member since 2007 • 624 Posts
yea im gonna have to say disgaea as well i just brought it and DAMN!! its good :D.
Dude_The_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Dude_The_Man

About Disgaea I'm not sure but I think the system was done like a flashy evolution everytime they go up in level. Not actually being able to change to different classes with each character. Like turning the main character from a warrior into a cleric etc. If I remember right it was more like warrior turns into warrior+ (with some random name like samurai etc.). Its been awhile since I played Disgaea so I could be wrong. I bought it when the first one came out and then traded it in the next month or so after I beat it.

About UC2 I can understand not wanting to play console shooters if you like keyboard + mouse for your shooters. I'm the same way about RTSs. I can't stand playing them on my Xbox.

crushgoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 crushgoil

About Disgaea I'm not sure but I think the system was done like a flashy evolution everytime they go up in level. Not actually being able to change to different classes with each character. Like turning the main character from a warrior into a cleric etc. If I remember right it was more like warrior turns into warrior+ (with some random name like samurai etc.). Its been awhile since I played Disgaea so I could be wrong. I bought it when the first one came out and then traded it in the next month or so after I beat it.

About UC2 I can understand not wanting to play console shooters if you like keyboard + mouse for your shooters. I'm the same way about RTSs. I can't stand playing them on my Xbox.

Dude_The_Man

you can transmigrate a warrior into a cleric if you want to... if you want to change a warrior into a warrior+ you still have to transmigrate... they just gain levels in their own class... it's a class system just like any other game. Each time you change classes you start in that class at level 1 again.

TheManWithAPS2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheManWithAPS2
Member since 2005 • 2378 Posts
I think maybe FFX. I can play that so many times and not get bored of it!
johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 johngebreadman
i reread the instructions and im only allowed one game. FFX. ive spent 350 houyrs on it and im not bored yet!
S_Jake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 S_Jake
[QUOTE="Dude_The_Man"]

crushgoil

you can transmigrate a warrior into a cleric if you want to... if you want to change a warrior into a warrior+ you still have to transmigrate... they just gain levels in their own class... it's a class system just like any other game. Each time you change classes you start in that class at level 1 again.

Yes, and you can carry over the warrior's skills into the cleric class by doing this. All the classes can be interwoven in this way, so the possibilities really are endless. And there's the master/pupil system, too.

latte428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 latte428
Member since 2004 • 5957 Posts

hrmmmm......

Hard choice...

PS2 and FFX

A very close second would be the PSP and Lumines

I've lost total track of time in both games! :P

Dude_The_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Dude_The_Man

About Disgaea I had forgotten or just missed that part of the game I guess. Honestly all I remember is blazing through it and trading it in. I did like the way the colored tiles gave different proporties kinda like suikoden tactics.Probably had another game I wanted to get to next. Doing the same thing with Mass Effect right now. I just sent it back to gamefly after tearing through it in under six hours because I want to play Persona 3. Once I played and beat FFT the first time every tactics game to come after it just seemed pale in comparison.

S_Jake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 S_Jake

About Disgaea I had forgotten or just missed that part of the game I guess. Honestly all I remember is blazing through it and trading it in. I did like the way the colored tiles gave different proporties kinda like suikoden tactics.Probably had another game I wanted to get to next. Doing the same thing with Mass Effect right now. I just sent it back to gamefly after tearing through it in under six hours because I want to play Persona 3. Once I played and beat FFT the first time every tactics game to come after it just seemed pale in comparison.

Dude_The_Man

I'm actually playing the original FFT for the first time and yes, it's rather good. :) I've also got Persona 3, which is much better than Devil Summoner, but not quite as good as Nocturne or DDS. Nocturne and DDS are two of my favourite RPGs, though. ;)

I've not got Mass Effect yet, though I have every intention of doing so in the future. :)

N8A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 N8A
Member since 2007 • 18602 Posts

Hmm FFT:WoL.

cloud31blunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 cloud31blunt
Member since 2007 • 624 Posts
Anyone finding WOTL to be extremely hard? cause i am :(
S_Jake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 S_Jake

Anyone finding WOTL to be extremely hard? cause i am :(cloud31blunt

I'm playing the original FFT, which I understand to be easier. I know Yuna's played FFT: WotL and she found that to be hard.

darkcloud6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 darkcloud6
Member since 2007 • 4685 Posts
i'd probably take star ocean: till the end of time. because of all the battle trophies that game could keep me occuppied for hundreds of hours.
kryu88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#26 kryu88
Member since 2006 • 9301 Posts

[QUOTE="cloud31blunt"]Anyone finding WOTL to be extremely hard? cause i am :(S_Jake

I'm playing the original FFT, which I understand to be easier. I know Yuna's played FFT: WotL and she found that to be hard.

FFT is hard if you've never played it before, it WotL was easy for me because I've played through FFT about.....10 times or something...repetition. :wink:

Hmm....I would have to go between Xenogears or Chrono Trigger. Xenogears because I'd never get tired of the story and Trigger because of the different endings....I guess I'd choose Xenogears in the end. :P

Dude_The_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Dude_The_Man

[QUOTE="cloud31blunt"]Anyone finding WOTL to be extremely hard? cause i am :(S_Jake

I actually got my one and only GS moderation from saying WOTL was horrible compared to the original. I just went into more depth and used more colorful examples. They took one of my top 10 favorite games of all time and raped it in every way possible. Then added useless fluff and managed to make it have the worst slow-down i've seen on my PSP. Probably should avoid talking about this game but I can't help it. If you want to play tactics get the original or emulate it. They have a greatest hits version also.

To Jake: I love Nocturne. The depth is insane. Mass Effect wasn't exactly a disapointment but it definately wasn't all I was expecting. The core storyline missions are great but the other 3/4 of the game thats optional is just a thrown together mess with reused levels and none of the nice branching quests.

mr_bri9htside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mr_bri9htside
Member since 2005 • 1948 Posts

Nice topic. =]

Umm well if it's online multiplayer..can't you just tell the online players that your stuck on an island? (Hopefully they'll believe you..) :P

I'm sorry but I'd have to choose 2 games. Any Katamari game and Final Fantasy X. Of course the PS2. :wink:

Avatar image for lightwarrior179
lightwarrior179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#29 lightwarrior179
Member since 2006 • 3422 Posts

It's a tough choice!

But, if I would be stuck on an deserted island, I would rather have my PC and call help through Internet first and then probably play Half Life :P

queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 queen_valentine

It's a tough choice!

But, if I would be stuck on an deserted island, I would rather have my PC and call help through Internet first and then probably play Half Life :P

lightwarrior179

That is a genius idea. ^_^

Rizhall456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Rizhall456
Member since 2005 • 4045 Posts

FFVII is my favorite game of all time, but if that was ALL i would be able to play, then i would get pretty bored of it EVENTUALLY. i would have to go with...

Street Fighter III: Third Strike... no system, the entire ARCADE CABINET XD

crushgoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 crushgoil

It's a tough choice!

lightwarrior179

Yeah, I thought about that too... if we're allowed multiplayer games.. I'd have just called for help too.

johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 johngebreadman

fftwotl is easy IMO. i only got stuck once and that was when i realised you couldnt open the gate. so i died three times! i think i died 5 times in the whole game. and im counting one of my ppl being crystalized as a death, and i started again.

might get disgaea

S_Jake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 S_Jake

fftwotl is easy IMO. i only got stuck once and that was when i realised you couldnt open the gate. so i died three times! i think i died 5 times in the whole game. and im counting one of my ppl being crystalized as a death, and i started again.

might get disgaea

johngebreadman

Umm....If your talking about...[spoiler] ...that mission in Chapter 2 where you defeat Gafgarion, then you can open the gate: just have Ramza move to the switch at the side of it and he opens it. :) [/spoiler]

Dude_The_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Dude_The_Man

You guys are trying to cheat! I said "not online"! If it's multiplayer you have to play with the monkeys as in plug in another controller. No calling for help! You are DOOMED for all eternity.. Thats why you have to choose wisely.

johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 johngebreadman
i know ive completed the game 3 times
menniss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 menniss
Member since 2003 • 2357 Posts
I didn't think this would be such a hard chioce but it is however I'll have to go with FFX reason being is I have played way to many hours and have never beat every beast in the arena on secound thought I haven't even caught them all and I have played well over 300 hours. I never got all theultimate weapons ether for all the characters so it looks like I would have a lot of time to do so. I know this is off topic but has anyone done what I have talked about such as getting everything in FFX?
hrimthursar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hrimthursar
Member since 2003 • 653 Posts

I didn't think this would be such a hard chioce but it is however I'll have to go with FFX reason being is I have played way to many hours and have never beat every beast in the arena on secound thought I haven't even caught them all and I have played well over 300 hours. I never got all theultimate weapons ether for all the characters so it looks like I would have a lot of time to do so. I know this is off topic but has anyone done what I have talked about such as getting everything in FFX?menniss

yeah i got everything, beat all arena monster and had all characters wit full sphere grids, it took forever,a little over a year and a half off and on and i couldn't have done without alot help from online faqs

johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 johngebreadman
did you get all the UWS and al bhed primers? i did, i just love the game to death. i started it again last saturday and it just brings joy to my heart everytime i play
latte428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 latte428

did you get all the UWS and al bhed primers? i did, i just love the game to death. i started it again last saturday and it just brings joy to my heart everytime i playjohngebreadman

I haven't played X in about a year and I REALLY miss it. I missed one Al Bhed primer (can't remember which one....).

I could replay them (I always play X-2 afterwards) continuously and not be bored! :D

langrisser2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#41 langrisser2005
Member since 2004 • 2285 Posts
What can i say more? ... Big Rigs ;)
menniss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 menniss
Member since 2003 • 2357 Posts

[QUOTE="menniss"]I didn't think this would be such a hard chioce but it is however I'll have to go with FFX reason being is I have played way to many hours and have never beat every beast in the arena on secound thought I haven't even caught them all and I have played well over 300 hours. I never got all theultimate weapons ether for all the characters so it looks like I would have a lot of time to do so. I know this is off topic but has anyone done what I have talked about such as getting everything in FFX?hrimthursar

yeah i got everything, beat all arena monster and had all characters wit full sphere grids, it took forever,a little over a year and a half off and on and i couldn't have done without alot help from online faqs

wow that is amazing.

TriEdgeFury26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 TriEdgeFury26
Member since 2007 • 2660 Posts
hmm...........tough...........i would choose the PS2 and either SO3 or Jade Cocoon 2..........heh
TheManWithAPS2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 TheManWithAPS2

What can i say more? ... Big Rigs ;)langrisser2005

OMG! How could a forget that wonderful game!?!? :P.

latte428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 latte428

[QUOTE="langrisser2005"]What can i say more? ... Big Rigs ;)TheManWithAPS2

OMG! How could a forget that wonderful game!?!? :P.

It would be a short stay on the island for me as I would die laughing at the game in a few hours! :lol:

TheManWithAPS2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 TheManWithAPS2
Hehe. "YOU'RE WINNER!"
kryu88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 kryu88
Member since 2006 • 9301 Posts

[QUOTE="johngebreadman"]did you get all the UWS and al bhed primers? i did, i just love the game to death. i started it again last saturday and it just brings joy to my heart everytime i playlatte428

I haven't played X in about a year and I REALLY miss it. I missed one Al Bhed primer (can't remember which one....).

I could replay them (I always play X-2 afterwards) continuously and not be bored! :D

I've only beaten X once....and that was when it first came out. :lol: I just can't bring myself to replay the newer PS2 FFs....I most likely won't replay XII anytime soon...

Furycliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Furycliff
Member since 2007 • 676 Posts

In terms of massive things to do I think SO2 would be at the top of my list. A crap load of different endings, two character story lines to play the game with, and numerous characters.

johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 johngebreadman
[QUOTE="latte428"]

[QUOTE="johngebreadman"]did you get all the UWS and al bhed primers? i did, i just love the game to death. i started it again last saturday and it just brings joy to my heart everytime i playkryu88

I've only beaten X once....and that was when it first came out. :lol: I just can't bring myself to replay the newer PS2 FFs....I most likely won't replay XII anytime soon...

oh. you should play it again. ive got ff7 anf 8 finished bith of them and they are both inferior
latte428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 latte428
[QUOTE="kryu88"][QUOTE="latte428"]

[QUOTE="johngebreadman"]did you get all the UWS and al bhed primers? i did, i just love the game to death. i started it again last saturday and it just brings joy to my heart everytime i playjohngebreadman

oh. you should play it again. ive got ff7 anf 8 finished bith of them and they are both inferior

I second that! I've played X and X-2 3 times now and it is the best of the FFs in my opinion. Although, I'm loving IX right now..