GoPhins123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 GoPhins123
Member since 2005 • 3655 Posts

Are there Humans still alive or do they eventually die out? I think that Square left the ending like this so that we could decide on our own: Does humanity deserve to exsist?

Sirru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Sirru
Member since 2006 • 4407 Posts
um i dont know
Arath_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Arath_1
Member since 2003 • 4688 Posts

obviously not, or every1 would be dead, and they could not have made a film, deerrrrPlaystationgeek

Wow, look at me I'm trying to be smart when I didnt even read and understand the first post.

Alright first off I think its more than safe to assume that he's talking about the COMPLETE Final Fantasy VII ending which extends 500 years into the future from when Meteor actually hits the planet. The scene where Red XIII runs to the top of the cliff and sees a Midgar covered in overgrowth and in ruin. At that point in time we dont know whether humans are still alive. I always argued (until the movie came out) that they had been killed by Meteor and returned to the planet as they were unworthy of existance. Red XIII being more animal than human, not to mention the wiser for it was not killed as the ending of Final Fantasy VII shows us that animals did survice.

The movie conflicts somewhat with the game, although we can assume one of the two things. Either humans died out, returning to the planet and leaving it to the animals OR humans returned to a more natural state of life, whereby they no longer needed to live in the likes of Midgar with concreate houses so they moved on to live in better harmony with the planet.

JAG_ROGUE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JAG_ROGUE
Member since 2005 • 5928 Posts

Despite Advent Children kind of putting a halt to some theories as to what happened at the end of FFVII, the film is brilliant and worth it none the less. I had a similar theory as to what happened at the end of FFVII. I won't bore you with it though :P

kingdom09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kingdom09
Member since 2005 • 53071 Posts

Despite Advent Children kind of putting a halt to some theories as to what happened at the end of FFVII, the film is brilliant and worth it none the less. I had a similar theory as to what happened at the end of FFVII. I won't bore you with it though :P

JAG_ROGUE

Bore us with it dude. :D

But yeah, the ending was good for the game and movie.

GoPhins123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GoPhins123

[QUOTE="Playstationgeek"]obviously not, or every1 would be dead, and they could not have made a film, deerrrrArath_1

Wow, look at me I'm trying to be smart when I didnt even read and understand the first post.

Alright first off I think its more than safe to assume that he's talking about the COMPLETE Final Fantasy VII ending which extends 500 years into the future from when Meteor actually hits the planet. The scene where Red XIII runs to the top of the cliff and sees a Midgar covered in overgrowth and in ruin. At that point in time we dont know whether humans are still alive. I always argued (until the movie came out) that they had been killed by Meteor and returned to the planet as they were unworthy of existance. Red XIII being more animal than human, not to mention the wiser for it was not killed as the ending of Final Fantasy VII shows us that animals did survice.

The movie conflicts somewhat with the game, although we can assume one of the two things. Either humans died out, returning to the planet and leaving it to the animals OR humans returned to a more natural state of life, whereby they no longer needed to live in the likes of Midgar with concreate houses so they moved on to live in better harmony with the planet.

You hit the nail on the head, actually I never thought about the second of the two theories at the end of your post that you mentioned. That would make sense because the Shinra have reformed themselves in Advent Children, and Barret is looking for alternative energy sources.

mysticcarnege

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 mysticcarnege
Member since 2005 • 1538 Posts

[QUOTE="Playstationgeek"]obviously not, or every1 would be dead, and they could not have made a film, deerrrrArath_1

Greatly said once again..
i did think that the human race was extincted 500 years later..
but why would RED XIII be running around? i mean wouldn't he be effected by the meteor aswell??
and so my new theory is that there is human around.. and if my memory doesnt decieve me.. FFVII ending only had Midgar City (or somethin that looked like Midgar City) in it so what of the other cities? maybe there are human in those areas..

but who knows? these are only theorys...
Spurs_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#9 Spurs_Fan
Member since 2005 • 13023 Posts

Are there Humans still alive or do they eventually die out? I think that Square left the ending like this so that we could decide on our own: Does humanity deserve to exsist?

GoPhins123

You should write *Spoilers* in the title, because you might ruin the game for people who havn't completed it.

GoPhins123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GoPhins123

Greatly said once again..
i did think that the human race was extincted 500 years later..
but why would RED XIII be running around? i mean wouldn't he be effected by the meteor aswell??
and so my new theory is that there is human around.. and if my memory doesnt decieve me.. FFVII ending only had Midgar City (or somethin that looked like Midgar City) in it so what of the other cities? maybe there are human in those areas..

but who knows? these are only theorys...

Red XIII was in the ending because he is the only one who can live that long, and Holy, with the Lifestream, stopped Meteor from doing anymore damage. Also Holy destroys anything that is harmful to the planet, like Meteor for example, but it was implied that Humans could be killed too and Red XIII is not human.

You should write *Spoilers* in the title, because you might ruin the game for people who havn't completed it.

Sorry about that I just forgot but its fixed now.