The character battle of all battles: Cloud V. Link *with an in depth poll*

• 140 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Petey1187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#101 Petey1187
Member since 2005 • 391 Posts

cloud would kick his ass if he had his limit break or summons

bye bye link

gtomlinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#102 gtomlinson
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
I'm gonna have to go with Cloud for simple staying power.  Nayru is great, but hearts are so much harder to come by compared to potions, hi-potions, and cure materia.
koronatheif77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#103 koronatheif77
Member since 2005 • 369 Posts
Cloud because he one of the coolest FF character also cuase he got some really great skills with a huge sword and weilds the sword like its nothing
god_yggdrasil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#104 god_yggdrasil
Member since 2006 • 4173 Posts
i dont get it. why are people saying cloud has more exp.??? are you nuts?! cloud only has one of his own games and lets see, uh, link has about 15. maybe more maybe a bit less, but roughly, 15.  he has been a different person on a whole different timeline, and he has a naked fairy in his hat. how sweet is that? the only reason cloud flys is because the gravity is different.(haha i got this off of the only dragon ball z episode i watched)their gravity isn't as forced down as links world is so it is a lot easier to jump and most people can jump as it is zero gravity. link, he can move with freakin' 5ton boots on. i bet cloud cant do that huh?(i doubt the whole gravity thing is right, but hey, it was worth a shot for my buddy link) maybe he could....ahhh who cares. im gettin a beer.  
save_the_frogs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#105 save_the_frogs
Member since 2006 • 310 Posts
i vote link because he is just awesome and i believe he is a better swordsman than cloud. cloud may win the poll but this is a FF union and i no the outcome would be differnt in a zelda union, and i started this poll in one, though it wasnt made with as much thought as this one was.
alayeesquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#106 alayeesquire
Member since 2005 • 835 Posts

Difficult because I love both FF and Zelda series... but in the end I have to vote for Cloud because he's a beast with his Buster Sword. Additionally, his ability to summon overpowers anything Link could muster.

save_the_frogs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 save_the_frogs
Member since 2006 • 310 Posts

i dont get it. why are people saying cloud has more exp.??? are you nuts?! cloud only has one of his own games and lets see, uh, link has about 15. maybe more maybe a bit less, but roughly, 15.  he has been a different person on a whole different timeline, and he has a naked fairy in his hat. how sweet is that? the only reason cloud flys is because the gravity is different.(haha i got this off of the only dragon ball z episode i watched)their gravity isn't as forced down as links world is so it is a lot easier to jump and most people can jump as it is zero gravity. link, he can move with freakin' 5ton boots on. i bet cloud cant do that huh?(i doubt the whole gravity thing is right, but hey, it was worth a shot for my buddy link) maybe he could....ahhh who cares. im gettin a beer.  god_yggdrasil

amen

ff7cloudking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#108 ff7cloudking
Member since 2005 • 3161 Posts

I picked Cloud.

Why? Becuase Cloud's a badass. And even though link can swing his sword pretty fast, so can Cloud. Cloud's sword may be huge, but, he can handle it really well.

And Links sheild isn't going to protect him from omnislash, firga, or Bahamut Zero. Heck, Cloud might even be able to break that sheild with omnislash. Or a regular attack.

Avila137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#109 Avila137
Member since 2006 • 90 Posts
I go with Cloud, only because Final Fantasy is my favorite video game series. Also out of all the Final Fantasy games that I've played FF7 had the best main character which is Cloud. So that ends my vote. I hope that Soulja can come up with even better polls to post.
n8archer_XI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 n8archer_XI
Member since 2005 • 519 Posts
I chose Cloud Bcause I see no real reason why or how Link could win. I mean, Cloud has a huge sword; Link has a small one, and is gay. well..........
omiodin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 omiodin
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
Of course Cloud. Cloud wields a huge sword with ease and he seem to be able to move fast with it. Link might have arrow and bow but Cloud got magic and a summon.
Avatar image for XIIAxelCrossIIX
XIIAxelCrossIIX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 XIIAxelCrossIIX
Member since 2005 • 1115 Posts
I might have to lock this thread down soon if the intelligence of these posts don't go beyond, "cloud is teh sooper haxroz and has a big sword. WIN.". Honestly people, make a discussion and tell us why you think Cloud would win, not because "he has a big sword", which as no relevance whatsoever. My god...I'm sorry but really.
seankulbeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 seankulbeth
Member since 2005 • 2092 Posts
I'm posting Link. I know that Cloud is a great guy, and I like him, I really do. But Link, he has more diversity. I have never seen Cloud with a hookshot, or the ability to become imortal for some time. So, it's really quite obvious. Cloud is stronger, but Link's diverse weapons would let him win.
pikeman94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#114 pikeman94
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
No question, Cloud!
Ayame1182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#115 Ayame1182
Member since 2005 • 195 Posts

Cloud is just beyond ....everyone..I'm sorry and Link is cool and all but..Cloud is hardcore to the max.. +infinity times infinity like squared. I mean come on Sephiroth is like the coolest villain/bad/crazy guy EVER and Cloud just took the stab through the torso from Sephiroth's enormously long and lethal sword then grabbed the blade WHILE the sword was still in him, lifted Sephiroth off the ground and through him off the edge in that plant. I mean COME ON Link would have just passed out.

Link is AWESOME but Cloud just wins in like every aspect. Except for the time travel thing BUT if Link actually did that and killed a baby..well then he just wouldn't be Link now would he.

Rabid_Chocobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Rabid_Chocobo
Member since 2006 • 2072 Posts

I'm voting Link because if we are going off the Ocarina of Time, then Link could just go back in time through the power of the Master Sword and the creators of the world, and smite Cloud as an infant.Gorman7147

This isn't really possible because they are pretty much the same age so young cloud would only fight young link

Also, he can only go back seven years in time and when he does, he's also seven years younger.

So cloud is better because he has better magic powers and a better sword......IT'S HUGE

XIIAxelCrossIIX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 XIIAxelCrossIIX

[QUOTE="Gorman7147"]I'm voting Link because if we are going off the Ocarina of Time, then Link could just go back in time through the power of the Master Sword and the creators of the world, and smite Cloud as an infant.Rabid_Chocobo

This isn't really possible because they are pretty much the same age so young cloud would only fight young link

Also, he can only go back seven years in time and when he does, he's also seven years younger.

So cloud is better because he has better magic powers and a better sword......IT'S HUGE

True, Link would become younger also, but from the information we know from FF VII and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, we know that Link was a splendid warrior even at the age of 7, whereas Cloud was either barely learning how to use a sword, or he didn't know how to fight at all.

***Small spoiler for Final Fantasy VII*** (it really isn't big at all, this is just for those who haven't played the game)

In a flashback with Cloud and Tifa, we see them talking about how Cloud wants to become a SOLDIER and become as good as Sephiroth one day, this indicates that, obviously, his sword skills aren't quite up to par, and most likely aren't as good as they could be. Next, throughout the game we see other flashbacks indicating that Cloud didn't truly flourish until he actually "joined" SOLDIER, and even then, with the Zack interference in his memory, we can tell that he isn't all that amazing, or he really would have been in high class SOLDIER instead of a low rank.

***End small spoilers***

So I think that Link would kick Cloud's ass if he went back in time, and I also think that's an amazing point Gorman made there, I didn't even think of that when making this. But if you've played FF VII at least halfway through and you're not some overly addicted Cloud lover, then you'll know too that if Link did go back, he'd win by a long shot.
Jurgus_13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Jurgus_13
Member since 2006 • 150 Posts
I'm voting Link because if we are going off the Ocarina of Time, then Link could just go back in time through the power of the Master Sword and the creators of the world, and smite Cloud as an infant.Gorman7147
   Touche! Well yes it would be a great battle to witness...but from what i've seen ...cloud has a much quicker and more powerful fighting style than link which means he is more likely to prevail as champion. Cloud might be able to kill link while he whips the ocarina out of his pocket. What we need is for someone to do an aniamtion of this battle .. oh yeah!
manhunt1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#119 manhunt1001
Member since 2004 • 2431 Posts
[QUOTE="XIIAxelCrossIIX"] [QUOTE="manhunt1001"]I really dont know why Bahamut Zero,Firaga or Slow are his signature magic spells...there isn't even a firaga in FFVII(fire 3 is the name of it).Cloud because iv never been into Zelda...

Well if you'll notice, I put a small disclaimer saying it was in no way official. I simply put in what spells I thought would give the battle more longevity instead of "Cloud is teh haxroz, he wins!", which is what some people are saying anyway, but that's alright, I expected that right from the start. I guess I'd understand what you're saying if I hadn't of put in that disclaimer, but that's the whole reason I put that in there, simply to make the battle even and more fun. Because in all honesty, if Cloud had his full abilities from either VII or Advent Children, Link would be sliced, diced, and crumble in a matter of milliseconds.

I think it would of been better from reducing him from any spells whatsoever...instead focusing on limit breaks which when used would take away Mp(like in Kingdom Hearts). Really Cloud was a decent magic user but he wasn't customed to having just one spell which he would use. With someone like Aeris you could say Healing spells because she was the closest character to a White Mage. Just use what you know of a character then add that...if many other characters can use a spell in the same game then it shouldnt be mentioned.
tenkaizhi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#120 tenkaizhi
Member since 2005 • 167 Posts
to be honest it would be an even contest with both of them taking down near omnipotent beings and with so many gadets between the two of them itd be a stand still the next topic should be sephiroth v ganondorf
killomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 killomatic
Member since 2005 • 35 Posts
Personally I think that Cloud will win because 1. He's way much cooler than Link 2.He's much more powerful (omnislash is the best exemple) 
The47ers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 The47ers
Member since 2004 • 398 Posts

well of course Cloud will win when this poll is posted on a Final Fantasy union....

P.S. I voted link:)

Gallion-Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Gallion-Beast
Member since 2005 • 35803 Posts
Okay, so Link could go back in time by 7 years and kill Cloud when he was weak right? Wrong.
Where was Cloud 7 years ago? With Sephiroth and Zack. If Link attacked their buddy would they stand around and do nothing? Zack is a swordsman nearly on par with Cloud (as well as the inventor of Omnislash) and Sephiroth is well, Sephiroth (how much more do I need to say?). Together they'd destroy Link before he got anywhere near Cloud. So Link's only chance is to fight Cloud without going back in time.

As for who would win then, I can't say. I've only played gameboy Zelda so I'm not in a position to make a fair judgement (Cloud :P).
gamer26690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 gamer26690
Member since 2004 • 715 Posts
i think it will be a tie because cloud could send wave after wave of summons after link but link has the power of the triforce which would revive him if killed
professor_Q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 professor_Q
Member since 2006 • 584 Posts
[QUOTE="Gorman7147"]I'm voting Link because if we are going off the Ocarina of Time, then Link could just go back in time through the power of the Master Sword and the creators of the world, and smite Cloud as an infant.Crusader_333
HAHAHA......good point I think Cloud is gonna slaughter this pole cause this IS a FF Union........we even have him in our banner.........the polls would be somewhat different in a Zelda Union however :P

yeah he is right i will get back to you i will bost this on a zelda union and see what happens
kingdom09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 kingdom09
Member since 2005 • 53071 Posts
216 OMG WOW!  So many votes for Cloud, very nicely done everyone8)
omarguy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 omarguy01
Member since 2004 • 8139 Posts
link bc nobody's voting for him and ocarina is better
XIIAxelCrossIIX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 XIIAxelCrossIIX
Alright, I think the winner has been obvious for a while now, so I'm going to lock this, as it's pretty much dead and it's served it's purpose. Thank you all very much for voting, each and every one of you that did. And an even bigger thanks to those of you who gave your actual opinion on it and gave an explanation instead of saying one small sentence and ending it there. I think this went very well and I'll be making many more with the help of Soulja (the idea maker, I'm dubbing him, heh :) ) so thank him for the ideas, and I'll obviously be writing it all and giving them the abilities.

Anyway, the new one should be up Monday morning, around 6 to be exact for those of you up that early for school and whatnot. Once again, thank you everyone!! Stay tuned for more soon! Here is a hint, too: One is a legendary warrior, and a soldier of great magnitude. The other is a hulking brute torn by his past and the memories haunting him. Till then!
Soulja_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Soulja_West
Member since 2003 • 15084 Posts
Alright, I think the winner has been obvious for a while now, so I'm going to lock this, as it's pretty much dead and it's served it's purpose. Thank you all very much for voting, each and every one of you that did. And an even bigger thanks to those of you who gave your actual opinion on it and gave an explanation instead of saying one small sentence and ending it there. I think this went very well and I'll be making many more with the help of Soulja (the idea maker, I'm dubbing him, heh :) ) so thank him for the ideas, and I'll obviously be writing it all and giving them the abilities.

Anyway, the new one should be up Monday morning, around 6 to be exact for those of you up that early for school and whatnot. Once again, thank you everyone!! Stay tuned for more soon! Here is a hint, too: One is a legendary warrior, and a soldier of great magnitude. The other is a hulking brute torn by his past and the memories haunting him. Till then!
XIIAxelCrossIIX

Lets close this Monday.
kingdom09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 kingdom09

[QUOTE="XIIAxelCrossIIX"]Alright, I think the winner has been obvious for a while now, so I'm going to lock this, as it's pretty much dead and it's served it's purpose. Thank you all very much for voting, each and every one of you that did. And an even bigger thanks to those of you who gave your actual opinion on it and gave an explanation instead of saying one small sentence and ending it there. I think this went very well and I'll be making many more with the help of Soulja (the idea maker, I'm dubbing him, heh :) ) so thank him for the ideas, and I'll obviously be writing it all and giving them the abilities.

Soulja_West

Lets close this Monday.

No, lets close thsi at Sunday night at 11:56 PM :shock:

cdelli01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#131 cdelli01
Member since 2005 • 331 Posts
Cloud would hack through Link's shield like a hot knife through butter.  The rest would be history.  Cloud's a soldier; Link's a wannabe knight who wields an oversize knife.  No contest here.
XIIAxelCrossIIX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 XIIAxelCrossIIX
[QUOTE="Soulja_West"]
Alright, I think the winner has been obvious for a while now, so I'm going to lock this, as it's pretty much dead and it's served it's purpose. Thank you all very much for voting, each and every one of you that did. And an even bigger thanks to those of you who gave your actual opinion on it and gave an explanation instead of saying one small sentence and ending it there. I think this went very well and I'll be making many more with the help of Soulja (the idea maker, I'm dubbing him, heh :) ) so thank him for the ideas, and I'll obviously be writing it all and giving them the abilities.

XIIAxelCrossIIX

Lets close this Monday.

Oh, alright. Yeah, I guess it would be logical to close one when we make a new one.
Franknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#133 Franknight
Member since 2004 • 5003 Posts
I believe cloud could take him on easily...because his power is overwhelming at the side of zelda.
Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Disgaeamad
Member since 2005 • 19315 Posts
WARNING WARNING WARNING! This is a Final Fantasy Union. Noobs that are in love with Cloud will vote for him because he is so "cool". Face it, around 200 votes out of the 225 for Cloud are based on fanboyism.
GoPhins123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 GoPhins123
Member since 2005 • 3655 Posts
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
Soulja_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Soulja_West
Link has 51 votes, I'm surprised.
XIIAxelCrossIIX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 XIIAxelCrossIIX
[QUOTE="Soulja_West"]Link has 51 votes, I'm surprised.

Yes, I am too. People complain, but like others have said, this is the Final Fantasy Union. I actually didn't expect Link to get half the votes he did, I'd be happy with 20 or so. But anyway, you guys are going to love the next battle I'm writing, I'm giving them both their special abilities along with some new information on them both. And this time it's actually even, but some may agree that one is better than the other, but it might not be the one you expect. And let the pondering begin!
Soulja_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Soulja_West

well of course Cloud will win when this poll is posted on a Final Fantasy union....

P.S. I voted link:)

The47ers

Cloud beat Link at System Wars and its not even a FF Union.
kingdom09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 kingdom09
[QUOTE="The47ers"]

P.S. I voted link:)

Soulja_West

Cloud beat Link at System Wars and its not even a FF Union.

Link could never win, excpet for in a Legend of Zelda union, even there I think it would be close.

louislegros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#141 louislegros
Member since 2005 • 11530 Posts

this is a ff board of course cloud will win. Then again cloud would win in a fight, he is meant to be like super human or whatever, link is like little david taking on goliath.

Hows about I ask you guys this... Who would win a fight Alucard or Cloud?

XIIAxelCrossIIX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 XIIAxelCrossIIX
Alright, I am closing this down, as the new weekly poll is now up, Sephiroth Vs. Kratos! Go vote!