The character battle of all battles: Cloud V. Link *with an in depth poll*

• 140 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Vyse86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51 Vyse86
Member since 2004 • 2271 Posts
I'm picking Link due to the wide range of gadgets at his disosal and the simple fact that he needs all the help he can get considering this poll is on a Final Fantasy Board. Seems kind of unfair.
Avatar image for XIIAxelCrossIIX
XIIAxelCrossIIX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 XIIAxelCrossIIX
Member since 2005 • 1115 Posts
I think a lot of you are forgetting something huge, Nayru's Love. I put that in there for a reason, if Cloud summons Bahamut Zero, he only stays out for a matter of minutes. Link is far enough skilled to dodge Bahamut Zero, and add on the fact that he will have Nayru's Love for over half that time, it's an easy win against Bahamut. Sometimes I think a few of you don't even know who Link is. In some ways I'd say Link is far superior to Cloud, maybe not in terms of sheer power, but in strategics and most definitely in willpower they are the same. Eh, anyway, I still voted for Cloud simply because I knew it would end up like this...it IS the Final Fantasy Union.

Anyway, I'm not ranting, so don't take it as that. I think this worked out well, I'm about to make a poll for feedback, so tell me how you liked this everyone! And thank Soulja if you do (which from the looks of it, you do) he is the one who brought this up.
sonofmaku182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 sonofmaku182
Member since 2004 • 126 Posts
I would love to think Link would surprise me and take out Cloud. but with the Summon there is almost no chance for Link unless, he had a farie in a bottle hidden somewhere then link would definetly put a hurting on Cloud. But I voted for Cloud because Link did not and Cloud is just that bada**
KenshinHimura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 KenshinHimura
Member since 2005 • 602 Posts

cloud would win, no doubt.  link's fighting is nothing compared to cloud's

taiwanesealn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#55 taiwanesealn
Member since 2005 • 6853 Posts
I'm sorry to say this, but I think that Link would win this battle. He may not have all that magic Cloud possesses, but Link is more battle hardened and has faced much harder enemies than Cloud.
gearsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 gearsnake
Member since 2006 • 30 Posts
i think tie because cloud can summon bahamut but link can summon the three godesses.tie
cloud has a crazy motorcycle and link has epona ok, cloud wins that one
cloud may have a big sword but link is still probably quicker.tie
if link needs a shield or gets damaged he could just use the power of nayru and fararoe,
unknownx25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#57 unknownx25
Member since 2006 • 102 Posts
I vote cloud  b/c even though link iz good he can't compare 2 cloud b/c cloud has alot more skill and clouds sword is better he can defuse and fuse it 2gether like in advent children and im pretty sure if cloud and link were in a battle cloud would win no doubt bout tht but i like both gamez.
dbzed700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#58 dbzed700
Member since 2004 • 426 Posts
i picked Cloud b/c i saw FF7 AC and i thought cloud was way more powerful
eztarg8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#59 eztarg8
Member since 2004 • 5813 Posts
Link is all strategy while cloud all muscle. I believe link could stand a good chance with all the items he has and stuff but he is just no match under the strength of Cloud. I mean his sword icould be around 100 pounds and very posibly more. With that kind of strength it would be very unlikely to stop him. Plus when he gets serious he can pull out an omnislash and then all hell breaks loose. CLOUD
kingdom09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 kingdom09
Member since 2005 • 53071 Posts
Looks liek I choose the winning side, WOOT!
katodenstra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61 katodenstra
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
of course cloud!, he is cooler specially after advent children, his fighting skills are more impressive and in only one game he made more impact i think besides ff is my favorite series as many of us here
tedtedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 tedtedted
Member since 2005 • 1209 Posts
this is a no brainer. Cloud would obviously win. He would just use his slow magic and then sumon Bahamut zero to go first fantasy on Link's fairy ass.
XIIAxelCrossIIX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 XIIAxelCrossIIX
this is a no brainer. Cloud would obviously win. He would just use his slow magic and then sumon Bahamut zero to go first fantasy on Link's fairy ass.tedtedted

Well, although I don't agree with the "fairy ass" part, you're the first one I've seen to actually use the Slow magic to the advantage. Very nice, that's the whole damn reason I put that in there, I figured more people would get that.
sacred_strife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 sacred_strife
Member since 2005 • 663 Posts
vote went to cloud :)
Dark-Messenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#65 Dark-Messenger
Member since 2004 • 798 Posts
It's very tough to say, but I always go for the underdog for some reason, so I vote Link.  Link, give Cloud all you got!
ShadowSagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 ShadowSagi
Member since 2005 • 254 Posts
I totally think Link. I mean, he comes in so many different forms. One of the many Links will destroy Cloud.
Leonhart24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Leonhart24
Member since 2005 • 1044 Posts
Cloud will win.  His buster sword is way better than Link sword.
Kiwiprince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Kiwiprince
Member since 2005 • 81 Posts
I say Cloud. The only game I've seen him in is Kingdom Hearts I and II but I think anyone that has seen showdown of fate part one and two will agree with me that Link doesn't stand a chance in hell of beating Cloud.
kochie_c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 kochie_c
Member since 2004 • 47 Posts
cloud!!
Avatar image for princess_reith2
princess_reith2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 princess_reith2
Member since 2005 • 356 Posts
Cloud is so cool! (OK, so I'm a Cloud fan-girl but who cares!) I've never really played a Legend of Zelda game but I kinda played one at my brother's best friend's house with his little sister once; it was okay but FF is much better personaly.
manhunt1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 manhunt1001
Member since 2004 • 2431 Posts
I really dont know why Bahamut Zero,Firaga or Slow are his signature magic spells...there isn't even a firaga in FFVII(fire 3 is the name of it).Cloud because iv never been into Zelda...
omeiverj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 omeiverj
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I pick Cloud because in advent childern, cloud is more power than ever.Cloud has a bigger sword than Links and Cloud also can summons, and use magic.
ashiabubble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 ashiabubble
I pick both because. cloud has a very big sword and can do so many technique. As for link he has so many choice of weapon and has the ability to use magic also.:)
darkcloud_100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 darkcloud_100
Member since 2005 • 30 Posts
cloud, definatly. Link couldnt kill him as an infant cuz he was created :) omnislash and bahamut would kill Link easily
JAG_ROGUE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 JAG_ROGUE
Member since 2005 • 5928 Posts
Well this is an FF union so I would expect a higher chance of Cloud winning, but not by miles. Anyway, Cloud. Link never seemed much competition to Cloud really.
EndlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 EndlessReality
Member since 2005 • 29 Posts
No he wasn't, have you even finished the game? Anyway, if Cloud could take down Bahamut, I'm sure he can beat Link...
psychomgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#78 psychomgs
Member since 2006 • 84 Posts
Really, really tough, can't decide! They're both two of my favourite characters among others.
XIIAxelCrossIIX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 XIIAxelCrossIIX
[QUOTE="manhunt1001"]I really dont know why Bahamut Zero,Firaga or Slow are his signature magic spells...there isn't even a firaga in FFVII(fire 3 is the name of it).Cloud because iv never been into Zelda...

Well if you'll notice, I put a small disclaimer saying it was in no way official. I simply put in what spells I thought would give the battle more longevity instead of "Cloud is teh haxroz, he wins!", which is what some people are saying anyway, but that's alright, I expected that right from the start. I guess I'd understand what you're saying if I hadn't of put in that disclaimer, but that's the whole reason I put that in there, simply to make the battle even and more fun. Because in all honesty, if Cloud had his full abilities from either VII or Advent Children, Link would be sliced, diced, and crumble in a matter of milliseconds.
CMakaCreative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#80 CMakaCreative
Member since 2004 • 2107 Posts
Watching Advent children, I've notice something you just don't notice in the game, which is how agile he is with them big swords. He was fighting with two big swords & he was blocking bullets & attacks with both like he was a jedi Knight. That just shows how much strength he has & how quick he is. Plus the kid got hops. He can jump all over the place. They need to make a Zelda movie to show us what Link can do because he really doesn't stand a chance unless Cloud is really doubting his abilities. Cloud would win in a straight sword fight against Link. Nuff said.
Avatar image for KevComesRipping
KevComesRipping

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#81 KevComesRipping
Member since 2003 • 686 Posts

[QUOTE="tedtedted"]this is a no brainer. Cloud would obviously win. He would just use his slow magic and then sumon Bahamut zero to go first fantasy on Link's fairy ass.XIIAxelCrossIIX

Well, although I don't agree with the "fairy ass" part, you're the first one I've seen to actually use the Slow magic to the advantage. Very nice, that's the whole damn reason I put that in there, I figured more people would get that.

I didn't put slow in mine just because (Like I do when I play FF games) I always forget about slow and haste magics, I'd rather have a fair fight with gigantic aeons rather than slowing down time so I can beat on somebody in slowmo, :P But that is a good point although in my explaination, if I got blasted in the knee cap with a flaming arrow, I think I'd forget to use strategic magic too.

Hey if anybody wants to make friends with yours truly that would be truly super

jonny777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 jonny777
Member since 2004 • 115 Posts
cloud would win easily. i mean i'm sure most of you've seen advent children, the attack that "kills" sephiroth ( i beleive its omnislash or something) would wipe link out straight away, i mean links cool and all but, no brainer :)
deffCOM5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 deffCOM5
Member since 2004 • 94 Posts
Im gonna have to say Cloud due to his monsterous capabilities, arsenel and speed but i dont want to put link down just like that because i have grown up playing The Legend of Zelda games.  It is true that in FF7:AC Cloud is very strong and owns ass.  They way he seemlessly weilds his colossul sword like nothing is also very impressive and this is why i think he could beat link, but most of us think that Cloud could win basically because of watching or seeing clips of AC but were kinda not giving Link any credit.  In FF7 the game Cloud was not even close to what he was in AC.  He was pretty good.  The AC movie revamped his entire Cloud-ness to an whole new level.  Maybe if they made a CG Legend of Zelda game Link could be just as hardcore as Cloud (or possibly even better)  Im not bashing on Cloud because i do think he is cool and i love final fantasy with the intensity of 1000 suns but i was just voicing my opinion and maybe giving some people a slightly different way of looking at things.
Corblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Corblade
Member since 2005 • 60 Posts

Cloud would beat Link full out and I am going to tell you why:

1) Link can't block for crap.
2) Cloud killed Sephiroth several times.(2 times specifically)
3) The buster sword could cut the world in half.
4) Link's sword couldn't cut a rock.
5) Cloud can jump without the need of special feathers.
6) Cloud doesn't hide behind crappy sheilds.
7) Link seems to get knocked out alot.
8) Cloud > Link

I rest my case.

Did I mention Cloud killed Sephiroth? (Link would get pwnzord by Sephy)

XIIAxelCrossIIX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 XIIAxelCrossIIX

8 ) Cloud > Link

I rest my case.

Corblade

Alright, I'm going to tell you why you're a fanboy of Cloud.

1) Link has the Mirror Shield, Cloud has no shield. Ignorant? Very.
2) True.
3) You're smoking chocolate covered marijuana sticks.
4) The Master Sword? Right. It could...hmm... "Cut the world in half".
5) We're talking as if they would fight in real life, so irrelevant.
6) Once again, ignorance. You say he can't block, yet you just stated he has a shield. How funny...
7) And Cloud seems to cross dress, what relevance does this have? If you get hit hard, you're going to get knocked out.
8 ) And here is where I end it. You're simply a Cloud fanboy. You stated one fact in all of that bull there, and that's number 2, which was irrelevant. "Flawless victory."
vahn34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 vahn34
Member since 2006 • 316 Posts
Cloud of course. Cloud has the ultimate strength against link He has the biggest sword I have ever seen. what's Link have? heart containers?
GreatMno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 GreatMno
Member since 2004 • 2601 Posts

I think it will be a tie. If you just take the matter of attacks into play, Link has much faster, yet less damaging attacks, whereas Cloud has slow, powerful strikes.

Their abilities are more or less matched, making that area nullified. The match would probably end in a draw, depending on what sorts of combos each of them could perform.

wolfofdamoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 wolfofdamoon
Member since 2005 • 37 Posts
Im going with Cloud because he can handle himself in a fight much better than Link. Compare his speed and skill in Advent Children and compare that to anything you have ever seen Link do, he just can't keep up.  Sure, Link has some very useful magic, and his arrows would be helpful, but he can't hide forever.  In the end Cloud would slaughter him in a melee battle, not to mention Bahamut Zero.  And on a side note....Cloud already has experience fighting south paws.  For those of you who don't know, Sephiroth and Link are both left handed.  oggydoggy2005

very ture
KevComesRipping

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 KevComesRipping
[QUOTE="Corblade"]

8 ) Cloud > Link

I rest my case.

XIIAxelCrossIIX

Alright, I'm going to tell you why you're a fanboy of Cloud.

1) Link has the Mirror Shield, Cloud has no shield. Ignorant? Very.
2) True.
3) You're smoking chocolate covered marijuana sticks.
4) The Master Sword? Right. It could...hmm... "Cut the world in half".
5) We're talking as if they would fight in real life, so irrelevant.
6) Once again, ignorance. You say he can't block, yet you just stated he has a shield. How funny...
7) And Cloud seems to cross dress, what relevance does this have? If you get hit hard, you're going to get knocked out.
8 ) And here is where I end it. You're simply a Cloud fanboy. You stated one fact in all of that bull there, and that's number 2, which was irrelevant. "Flawless victory."

BAHAHAHAHA

1 ) Dude, I'm sorry, but Link blocks like A GOD
2 ) Yes, and Link has defeated Ganon/Gannon/Ganondorf AND has saved the world... let's see.. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10... I lost count... and continuelessly get's rebirthed as THE HERO OF TIME
3 ) That's idiotic, and wouldn't be a problem considering Link's many ventures in bi-dimensional travel.
4 ) Link's sword cut's not only rocks, but Octorok's. 8)
5 ) Link only needs the Roc's feather in one game, smartass.
6 ) Neither does Link (Forgot to finish this so I had to edit it) Link hides behind awesome shields that give him an advantage in battle.
7 ) Cloud seems to make up his past alot :o BURN
8 ) Give Link some credit, he deserves it, I love Cloud but Link has been around for faaaaahahaaaaar too long to get beaten down by some newjack. 

KevComesRipping

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 KevComesRipping
One more thing, this is an awesome forum AxelCross, I could read the posts and retaliate all day, hahaha, these are like my 2 favorite characters of all time.  Add in Luigi, Wolverine, Vegeta, and Shaun of the Dead and I may never leave. :P
kingdom09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 kingdom09
Member since 2005 • 53071 Posts
WHOA!  158 votes for CLoud, nice:wink:
zero_cool098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 zero_cool098
Member since 2006 • 1886 Posts
cloud will win because he got a really large sword which causes great impact on enemies.....and he got summons
Chrark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Chrark
I think its a draw as there both experienced fighters but they fight in different way! Also i grew up with Link and Zelda but i do like Cloud and he shows his power in advent children!
god_yggdrasil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#94 god_yggdrasil
Member since 2006 • 4173 Posts

I think a lot of you are forgetting something huge, Nayru's Love. I put that in there for a reason, if Cloud summons Bahamut Zero, he only stays out for a matter of minutes. Link is far enough skilled to dodge Bahamut Zero, and add on the fact that he will have Nayru's Love for over half that time, it's an easy win against Bahamut. Sometimes I think a few of you don't even know who Link is. In some ways I'd say Link is far superior to Cloud, maybe not in terms of sheer power, but in strategics and most definitely in willpower they are the same. Eh, anyway, I still voted for Cloud simply because I knew it would end up like this...it IS the Final Fantasy Union.

Anyway, I'm not ranting, so don't take it as that. I think this worked out well, I'm about to make a poll for feedback, so tell me how you liked this everyone! And thank Soulja if you do (which from the looks of it, you do) he is the one who brought this up.
XIIAxelCrossIIX

i agree. most of you dont really know who link is by the sound of it. he may not be NEARLY as strog as clod, but look at all the ways he has beaten his enemies. he uses his surroundings to smash, crush, swing, and all bunch of stuff. he uses ceiling fans and a whole bunch of things to hurt his enemies.  also i think link would just own if he was in a FF GAME. thats why everyone thinks he's so slow. its just the battle system in the zelda games that make him slow. look at super smash bros. and soul calibor 2. he owns in those games because there is actually a button to make him JUMP on command. if he was in a game like kingdom hearts where the battle system is like when you control sora, link could own cloud easy.  i thought dodging was easy in zelda and your shield is practically indestructable. cloud may be fast but link is faster. he can freakin' teleport for god sake!!!(feore's wind or whatever).

TheGaryExp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 TheGaryExp

Even though FF7 is my favourite game of all time i have to say Link would be the winner. He has more expirience when it comes to fighting a variety of creatures and has many weaopons,magic and items to help him along with his wit,cunning and ability to outsmart enemies. I think link could beat Cloud in a 1 on 1 sword battle so his biggest worry would be the summons. And lets face it he has defeated tougher creatures during his many adventures.

ForgottenOath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#96 ForgottenOath
Member since 2005 • 1021 Posts
Cloud, and no Im not playing favorites, its just that if your talking about a head to head battle cloud has all the advantages do to experiments done on during the Nibleham conflict. Cloud has powers beyond human comparison and Link has magic that is able to vanquish evil magic.
Ssouljah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#97 Ssouljah
Member since 2006 • 179 Posts
Cloud for one reason he owns all even Chuck Norris would lose to Cloud... Which leads to another poll Cloud vs. Chuck.... Yeah...
firelans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 firelans
Member since 2005 • 76 Posts
As look at the number of votes now, I think Cloud from FF7 will win this round.
nurik_strife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#99 nurik_strife
Member since 2005 • 497 Posts

I think Cloud would win considerably, both Link and Cloud are highly skilled and have serious magical powers but I like others for both sides am a huge fan of Cloud, just look at my profile. Anyways I think Cloud has faced far more malevolent and deadly foes and has considerable more exp. than Link. Especially if you compare their fighting skills Cloud is just too powerful, and with his Meteor Rain and Bahumat Zero I give Cloud my vote. Though I love both Cloud and Link and have to vote for one I rather do that than say a tie because 'I love both too much'.

Images shown are from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

ACars52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 ACars52
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Ok well i would deff. take Cloud in this battle only because he beat the one and only Sepheroth, i mean come on, whats the best that Link has done? Beat Ganon?  Well Cloud would tear Ganon a new one in seconds so yeah i go with my boy Cloud