So where does everyone here reserve their Square-Enix games at?

255Loner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 255Loner
Member since 2005 • 1781 Posts
Yesterday I reserved (the first time I have ever pre-ordered anything in my life) Kingdom Hearts II (15 days to go!) and Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children DVD (42 days to go!) at Gamestop. Where do you guys go to do that kind of stuff? How early? Was I too late?
Soulja_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Soulja_West
Member since 2003 • 15084 Posts
I reserve my games at Ebgames because thats the only place I ever go to.
Avatar image for XIIAxelCrossIIX
XIIAxelCrossIIX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 XIIAxelCrossIIX
Member since 2005 • 1115 Posts
Yesterday I reserved (the first time I have ever pre-ordered anything in my life) Kingdom Hearts II (15 days to go!) and Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children DVD (42 days to go!) at Gamestop. Where do you guys go to do that kind of stuff? How early? Was I too late?255Loner

I pre-order all my things from EB Games, which is literally right next to me, considering right now I'm living in an apartment between moves. I usually pre-order things about a month after I hear about it if it's a big game. I pre-ordered Kingdom Hearts II Christmas, 2005, that's when we all thought it would be out by then. I also pre-ordered The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess about a year ago... :x. But you're not to late at all. Sometimes I pre-order things a week, maybe less, before the game comes out.
xAGx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 xAGx
Member since 2004 • 338 Posts
fye, because i work there.
csimonma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 csimonma
Member since 2005 • 2820 Posts
I do not reserve games anymore.
Samurai_Sensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Samurai_Sensei
Member since 2005 • 1609 Posts
i rarely ever reserve games, but either bestbuy or eb.
RErikku12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 RErikku12
Member since 2005 • 6280 Posts
I usually just preorder at the first place that offers.
kingdom09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kingdom09
Member since 2005 • 53071 Posts
Well I hardly ever pre-order games, but when I do its at Best Buy.  Mostly cause the only places I really can are there or Target or Wal-Mart, and thats the place I go to mostly.
255Loner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 255Loner
Wow. An entire year before? The only other stuff I plan to pre-order this year is The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Final Fantasy XII. Both will come out either this Summer or Fall. Does it matter how much money you put down for pre-ordering stuff? I only put down the minimum of $5, but I'm curious as to how highly they'll treat my order.
Brett_Eversole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#10 Brett_Eversole
Member since 2005 • 2628 Posts
I can't recall ever preordering anything. The games I want are just always available somewhere. Especially if it's a Final Fantasy game. Square doesn't pull Sony's crap. They make sure the supply meets the demand. As far as the bundles go...I was never all that interested in art books or tshirts.
255Loner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 255Loner
Heh. The only time I didn't buy what I wanted just for the extra was when Nintendo Power had a promotion where if you subscribed to their magazine for a year, you would be Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and the first two Zeldas on the NES on one disc for the GCN. Having a crappy magazine come into my mailbox every month is fine due to that nice little disc.
mysticcarnege

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 mysticcarnege
Member since 2005 • 1538 Posts
www.play.com is decent for pre-ordering..
most new games will be £30 including p+p :)
FreddeGsunda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FreddeGsunda
Member since 2005 • 993 Posts
I don't reserve games, i just go straight to the game store any buy it
OGEpisodes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 OGEpisodes
Member since 2003 • 2543 Posts
If I know that the game store will most probably be sold out on the day of release, then I usually pre-order a copy at play.com since they have great prices and free postage around the UK.
kingdom09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kingdom09

Heh. The only time I didn't buy what I wanted just for the extra was when Nintendo Power had a promotion where if you subscribed to their magazine for a year, you would be Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and the first two Zeldas on the NES on one disc for the GCN. Having a crappy magazine come into my mailbox every month is fine due to that nice little disc.255Loner

When i bought my Gamecube I got that disk with it.

gill9221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gill9221
Member since 2004 • 449 Posts
Sam Goody's right down the street. Games are about the only product they have that they don't charge more than other places in town, so I get the occasional $5 in replay rewards. Definately wouldn't buy Seasons from TV shows or PC games there, b/c they charge anywhere from 20 to sometimes 30 dollars more than other places. I've had AC reserved since they posted the ad, and KH2 since the official release date was announced.
Avatar image for XIIAxelCrossIIX
XIIAxelCrossIIX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 XIIAxelCrossIIX
Member since 2005 • 1115 Posts
[QUOTE="255Loner"]Wow. An entire year before? The only other stuff I plan to pre-order this year is The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Final Fantasy XII. Both will come out either this Summer or Fall. Does it matter how much money you put down for pre-ordering stuff? I only put down the minimum of $5, but I'm curious as to how highly they'll treat my order.

I'm fairly sure you can pay off the entire game and when the game comes out, you can literally walk up, pick it up, and leave. Now, I'm not sure it's like this with all stores, but I'm almost positive it is, but I could be wrong. That's what I did with Final Fantasy XII, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and Kingdom Hearts II (I call this little trio the "Triple Alliance", heh). So when everyone else is in a rush, pushing, shoving, and trying not to get mugged. I'll walk in calmly, wait for a minute, give them my name, get it, and run out like my ass is on fire. :lol:
kingdom09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kingdom09

[QUOTE="255Loner"]Wow. An entire year before? The only other stuff I plan to pre-order this year is The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Final Fantasy XII. Both will come out either this Summer or Fall. Does it matter how much money you put down for pre-ordering stuff? I only put down the minimum of $5, but I'm curious as to how highly they'll treat my order. XIIAxelCrossIIX

I'm fairly sure you can pay off the entire game and when the game comes out, you can literally walk up, pick it up, and leave. Now, I'm not sure it's like this with all stores, but I'm almost positive it is, but I could be wrong. That's what I did with Final Fantasy XII, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and Kingdom Hearts II (I call this little trio the "Triple Alliance", heh). So when everyone else is in a rush, pushing, shoving, and trying not to get mugged. I'll walk in calmly, wait for a minute, give them my name, get it, and run out like my ass is on fire. :lol:

AH HAHAHAHAHA! :lol:  Yeah, at a local store that I reserved a game at I payed it in full and did that too, too bad it wasn't a really popular one like KH2 will be, so I didn't have to run outta there like my butt was on fire.