KH does not deserve to be a FF spin-off...

kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 kinetic-core
Member since 2006 • 9423 Posts

KH does not deserve to be a FF spin-off...

in a sense, i'd rather call it a Disney spin-off...

All FF characters are just cameo~ C-A-M-E-O.

FF-Is-Awsome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 FF-Is-Awsome
Member since 2008 • 424 Posts

personally i think kingdom hearts is a good spin off i mean the roles ff characters take are pretty minor but i like fighting them in the tournements in the action style

N8A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 N8A
Member since 2007 • 18602 Posts

I'd never considered it a spin off as much as a disney game made by square.

_Mana_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 _Mana_
Member since 2006 • 4475 Posts
agreed, ff chars just make a guest apperance in a disney game
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts
Who the hell consideres it an FF spin off anyyway?
If they do, they are stupid
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts
Who would say that kingdom hearts is a FF spin off?
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kinetic-core

joystiq: To date, Kingdom Hearts (technically considered a FF spin-off) is built on a mere 3 titles; none of which have gone multi-platform (GBA's Chain of Memories will be released for PS2 in an upcoming re-release compilation called Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix +). Kingdom Hearts debuted in September 2002.

Wiki~

Final Fantasy series

Main Series: I

· IIIIIIVVVIVIIVIIIIXXXIXIIXIII

Tactics: Tactics (The War of the Lions )

· AdvanceA2

Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Chronicles

· Ring of FatesThe Crystal Bearers

Sidestories: Compilation (VII)

· X-2Ivalice AllianceFabula Nova Crystallis (XIII)

Spin-offs: ChocoboMystic QuestKingdom HeartsDissidia

CollectionsNovels and mangaFilms and animation

Common elementsMinigames

Kotaku: Compilations were counted as one remake/port, unless there are significant extra features in each game (such as Dawn of Souls), in which case it is counted as the number of games included in remake/port. The Kingdom Hearts series was included in spin-off, as let's face it - if you weren't a kid, you bought it for the FF cameos. Though other non-FF games with cameos such as Ergheiz and that Mario basketball game were left out, as those cameos weren't a prominent (Hmm... maybe I should have included Ergheiz). FFXI expansion packs were counted as spin-offs. Chocobo games were counted as spin-offs. Movies, Anime, Manga and Books weren't counted, only games.

It's not about whether KH IS a spin-off or not. People are already seeing KH as a spin-off. And, of FF, as it is. These are just some reliable sources i'm taking off the internet, excluding the japanese magazines i read which always include "KH (sibling of FF)" and the like etc. Even the creators of the games think so themselves, at some point of time.

I can only say, by the time the KH series grows large enough, it will happily branch off and be an independent series. Oh, but it will still have to be co-dependent. And in a sense, KH will never move away from its Disney and FF shadows. There's not one day, where KH will be a fully independent series or franchise by itself. NO way.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts
Funny, when I went to look at the FF spin off list, KH wasn't there. Unless someone edited it out.
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kinetic-core

Nobody edited it. :) It's in Wiki alright, and in Wiki Template talk all right.

That's exactly what i'm trying to bring about, people are accepting it "by default" that it is a FF spin-off. It has been established as a fact, something which i don't quite like to acknowledge, for various reasons.

N8A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 N8A
Member since 2007 • 18602 Posts
Yeah i dont agree with that because the point of a spin off is to have a character from the original star in the new one. Think Cheers to Frasier.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 fs_metal
KH is not a spin off. IT's a completely different series
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts

KH is not a spin off. IT's a completely different seriesfs_metal
\

*nods* It is a diferent series. It just have FF characters as "guests" and who does not have the personality they have in the FF series.

kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kinetic-core

it IS a completely different series. But people are still linking it back to FF or Disney. It is a totally different series because of its uniqueness in story and new characters. But one thing remains, the dependecy still exists.

If one day, there comes a KH title with totally new chars and no Disney or FF characters, i can gladly call it an independent and original series. But then, it wouldn't have been KH already, by that time.

I just hate the fact that the strategy of "Play KH because it has FF characters inside!" is being used by almost everyone.

pikastar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 pikastar
Member since 2006 • 3405 Posts

I see it as completely different. It is not a spin off of FF. The FF characters in KH dont follow the same characteristics, storyline, ect. as the FF games.

That doesnt mean I dont find the concept of KH very appealing though. I love FF and for that matter Disney (I havent been to Florida about 7 times for the beaches..oh ya Disney World ftw :lol: ) A unique game series comes along cramming both into one neat little package, with decent story, gameplay, humor, ect, Well count me in, sounds right up my alley :D

johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#15 johngebreadman
Member since 2007 • 9960 Posts
I neer believed it to be a spin off of anything i just saw it as a totally new series that contained cameos by disney and final fantasy
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kinetic-core

cameos... by... disney?? They're freakin' EVERYWHERE!!!

cameos by FF is logical and acceptable though. :)

crushgoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 crushgoil
Member since 2006 • 2554 Posts

cameos... by... disney?? They're freakin' EVERYWHERE!!!

cameos by FF is logical and acceptable though. :)

kinetic-core

agreed.

KH is probably "technically" a spinoff of FF.. just for inspiration, but I definitely consider it to be its own series.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 fs_metal
It's noit a spin off though
Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Sony_FanBoy
Member since 2006 • 2993 Posts
Kingdom Hearts is it's own game series. I think at first Square wanted to make sure it soldso they included FF characters. It's deffenatly not a FF spin-off. The storyline of the Kingdom Hearts games don't even come close to any FF game.
AceofOpus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AceofOpus
Member since 2008 • 61 Posts
That's all true but I wish it was somewhat of a spin off. Do you think it would be so complicated to add minor events in Final fantasy plot lines into the Kingdom Hearts Universe? I mean they cant reuse the same worlds over and over again. How many more worlds will be turned into music mini games???
smootheyes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 smootheyes2
Member since 2005 • 3203 Posts
KH isn't, you're just obssessed KC:roll:
Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Sony_FanBoy
That's all true but I wish it was somewhat of a spin off. Do you think it would be so complicated to add minor events in Final fantasy plot lines into the Kingdom Hearts Universe? I mean they cant reuse the same worlds over and over again. How many more worlds will be turned into music mini games???AceofOpus
you don't think that final fantasy doesn't already have enough spin-offs as it is?
Schulzygrl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Schulzygrl
Member since 2008 • 446 Posts
there is not way that KH should be considered a spin off of FF...the storyline is totally different not to mention the fighting style...i actually like the fighting style of KHs better than FF...
darkcloud6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 darkcloud6
Member since 2007 • 4685 Posts

N8A

i more considered it a SE game with disney characters in it. when it comes down to it, the disney characters hardely play a bigger role then the FF characters, so its really just a totally new game with disney and FF characters added in here and there to make it look more familiar.

Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Sony_FanBoy
[QUOTE="N8A"]

darkcloud6

i more considered it a SE game with disney characters in it. when it comes down to it, the disney characters hardely play a bigger role then the FF characters, so its really just a totally new game with disney and FF characters added in here and there to make it look more familiar.

It's a rare occasion, but Sqaure-Enix and disney have suprising created a great franchise. When the first game came out i was very against it. I don't think that it was going to be a good idea at all, but they pulled it off.

AceofOpus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 AceofOpus
Member since 2008 • 61 Posts
you don't think that final fantasy doesn't already have enough spin-offs as it is?
Sony_FanBoy
If they're good spinoffs I don't mind. Seeing as final fantasy changes every game while keeping some of the main concepts would make all final fantasy's a spinoff of the fist one (seeing as it was never really supposed to have sequels). But back to the original point I see what you mean, Kingdom Hearts is not really a spinoff since it has nothing to do with Final Fantasy, just some cameo's for Square Enix characters. Thats what I tired to say before it would be a spinoff if they included if Midgar was its own world (or part of one) and you would play through a part of FFVII's story line.
Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Sony_FanBoy

[QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"] you don't think that final fantasy doesn't already have enough spin-offs as it is?
AceofOpus
If they're good spinoffs I don't mind. Seeing as final fantasy changes every game while keeping some of the main concepts would make all final fantasy's a spinoff of the fist one (seeing as it was never really supposed to have sequels). But back to the original point I see what you mean, Kingdom Hearts is not really a spinoff since it has nothing to do with Final Fantasy, just some cameo's for Square Enix characters. Thats what I tired to say before it would be a spinoff if they included if Midgar was its own world (or part of one) and you would play through a part of FFVII's story line.

Do with Square-Enix worlds the same way they do for the Disney worlds. That would be an interesting idea.