How do you feel about Carrie reviewing KHII?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Soulja_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Soulja_West
Member since 2003 • 15084 Posts
First off, I don't know how carrie is and I've never seen Carrie review a game here on Gamespot. I think they shouldn't let Carrie review KHII because Carrie didn't review the first Kingdom Hearts and I don't know if Carrie played the first Kingdom Hearts. I wish they would let Greg Kasavin review KHII because he played and reviewd the first one. It would be a shame if Carrie gave KHII a low score because she/he didn't know that much about it. Lets just hope Carrie have played KH before.
jvonrader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 jvonrader
Member since 2006 • 2183 Posts
Don't think it's quite fair to assume that, because Carrie didn't review the first game, she didn't play it.

A little silly to say, don't you think?

Avatar image for XIIAxelCrossIIX
XIIAxelCrossIIX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 XIIAxelCrossIIX
Member since 2005 • 1115 Posts
8.7....I'll be going to go punch a hole through the wall now.

EDIT: Eh, she didn't do that bad now that I've read the ful review. I still think the game should have gotten at least an 8.9 or 9. Oh well, .2 or .3 points below isn't much worse. Eh..I'm still hyped up as hell to go get it at EB tomorrow.
AsianGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 AsianGamer
Member since 2005 • 1052 Posts
it a good choise. i have no problem with it. just because she didnt review the first one doesnt mean she cant review the second one. it a good choise. should this thread be here? 
Chaosknight69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Chaosknight69
Member since 2006 • 6797 Posts
I dont really care as long as I like the game and I do
kronikaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kronikaid
Member since 2003 • 992 Posts
It was an un-bias, well written concise review, pretty much what I expected from the start.
MaChaorules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 MaChaorules
Member since 2005 • 4951 Posts
umm well i still think it should've gotten a 9 at least
kokoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kokoy
Member since 2003 • 1213 Posts
It is a pretty good review, imo.  at least it didn't get a 8 below like some other sites are giving.  i have yet to play the game if it does turn out to be a button smasher like everyone's saying. 
Soulja_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Soulja_West
Member since 2003 • 15084 Posts

it a good choise. i have no problem with it. just because she didnt review the first one doesnt mean she cant review the second one. it a good choise. should this thread be here?  AsianGamer

yes and why you ask.

Toucanbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Toucanbird
Member since 2004 • 6440 Posts

[QUOTE="AsianGamer"]it a good choise. i have no problem with it. just because she didnt review the first one doesnt mean she cant review the second one. it a good choise. should this thread be here?  Soulja_West

yes and why you ask.

Hey guys, I just want you guys to realize something...reviews don't matter! What matters is fan-base and sales. At least, that's how Square-Enix sees it.

Look I gave a big spiel about this in the Kingdom Hearts 2 thread, I'm not going to get into it here.

jordina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#11 jordina
Member since 2006 • 5410 Posts
she reviewed the game for what it is and didnt compare it to the original then. its a good thing i think.
raiden300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 raiden300
Member since 2005 • 1454 Posts

anytime Carrie is on camera is ok in my book :lol::lol:. but seriously she did say on on the spot 3 weeks ago that she was a big fan of the original and could not wait for this one so i think that qualifies her. I was expecting beth to do the review but i think Carrie is more than capable.

Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Disgaeamad
Member since 2005 • 19315 Posts
I just ignore Gamespot Reviews, because they don't help at all. Look at the poor scores Final Fantasy IX and Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 got! I loved FF IX and KH, and I am sure I will love KHII, so I really don't worry that much
Arath_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Arath_1
Member since 2003 • 4688 Posts

I just ignore Gamespot Reviews, because they don't help at all. Look at the poor scores Final Fantasy IX and Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 got! I loved FF IX and KH, and I am sure I will love KHII, so I really don't worry that muchDisgaeamad

Can this be locked now. Its obvious the Carrie has reviewed the game fairly and without bias. She is a big fan of the original and has played both the previous game and Chains of Memory numerous times. There is no need to doubt her credibility. Now that we know she knows everything there needs to have been known in order to give Kingdom Hearts II the score it got, I think we can take everything to the Kingdom Hearts II review up at Gamespot thread.

You loved them, so that makes your opinion more important than theirs. Alright. Take it to the thread linked above for my big counter argument.

taiwanesealn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 taiwanesealn
Member since 2005 • 6853 Posts

First off, I don't know how carrie is and I've never seen Carrie review a game here on Gamespot. I think they shouldn't let Carrie review KHII because Carrie didn't review the first Kingdom Hearts and I don't know if Carrie played the first Kingdom Hearts. I wish they would let Greg Kasavin review KHII because he played and reviewd the first one. It would be a shame if Carrie gave KHII a low score because she/he didn't know that much about it. Lets just hope Carrie have played KH before. Soulja_West

Gamespot should have a Second Opinion like Game Informer. After they review a game, there is a mini box to the side with another Game Reviewer's opinion and summary of how they think of the game with their score.