johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 0

#1 johngebreadman
Member since 2007 • 9960 Posts
I was told to find one but i couldnt so i made one. Do you think Larsa looks like a woman? i do and thats some bad character desing on squares part
S_Jake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 S_Jake
Member since 2004 • 1502 Posts
:lol: I can't agree with that, I'm afraid. I love the character designs in FFXII and the character designer for that game (Akihiko Yoshida) is one of my favourites (even if his style doesn't vary much).
crushgoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 crushgoil
Member since 2006 • 2554 Posts

:lol: I can't agree with that, I'm afraid. I love the character designs in FFXII and the character designer for that game (Akihiko Yoshida) is one of my favourites (even if his style doesn't vary much).S_Jake

I agree with Ark... I loved the design for Larsa and everyone else. The characters looked brilliant (even if they didn't have much to say).

kryu88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#4 kryu88
Member since 2006 • 9301 Posts
Larsa looks kinda feminine yeah....but not that much. But, the japanese are kinda obsessed with afeminite guys in their games, so it's not like it was out of the ordinary :lol:
johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 johngebreadman
i just never thought he could be a guy. (if he were a girl she would have been hot)
_Mana_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#6 _Mana_
Member since 2006 • 4475 Posts

i like all the char designs in ff12 im with ark and yuna

johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 johngebreadman
i love all the other character designs im just saying when i didnt know i thought he was a girl but i can see that he is a man now.
cloud31blunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 cloud31blunt
Member since 2007 • 624 Posts

Mmm larsa does look a bit like a woman but i can still tell that its a guy. I to really liked the characters designs in FF12 and thought they were really impressive even if the wasnt much variation.

TheManWithAPS2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheManWithAPS2
Member since 2005 • 2378 Posts
I completely agree. When I first saw Larsa I thought he looked just like a girl. Then he started speaking and he even SOUNDED like a girl.
darkcloud6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 darkcloud6
Member since 2007 • 4685 Posts
yeah he sort of looked like a girl, but i've seen enough japanese character design to knowa guy when i see one.:)
darkcloud6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 darkcloud6
by the way, i liked all the character designs in that game, and every other FF for that matter.
johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 johngebreadman
ya but i dont watch much japanese stuff
darkcloud6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 darkcloud6
ANIME RULES :D
kryu88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kryu88

ANIME RULES :Ddarkcloud6

:lol:

Co-Sign, *types this as he is watching Samurai X OVA* :P

Lady_Bahamut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lady_Bahamut
Member since 2007 • 1224 Posts

I think manga is better personally, but lets keep on topic shall we? :)

Here's a question, did you have all your characters running on gambits? I didn't, I always controlled the leader of my party (Vaan in my case) otherwise the game really would be playing itself.

crushgoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 crushgoil

Yeah, my entire party was always on gambits.. though I often changed to something else from what the gambits wanted to do when I was using Fran as my leader...

My two leaders were Fran and Balthier just because they were the ones I had with ranged weapons, so it made it easier to see the whole field... and I had one party of all women and one party of all men... both at equal levels... (each time one party leveled up I'd switch to the other party, so they were always between one or two levels of each other).

Avatar image for queen_valentine
queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 queen_valentine
Member since 2004 • 5870 Posts

Here's a question, did you have all your characters running on gambits? I didn't, I always controlled the leader of my party (Vaan in my case) otherwise the game really would be playing itself.

Lady_Bahamut

Sorry....I just have to add to the off-topicness here...I also prefer mangas over anime. Not sure why, as I'm not even an avid reader, but when it comes to mangas, oh I love them!

Ok! Back to the topic....probably for about the first half of the game I kept everyone on Gambits except for the leader, whom I controlled myself. But towards the end my gambits were so perfectly done (:lol: modesty never hurt anyone eh?) that it was too much of a hassle for me to control them since the gambit would do a better job. So I ended up turning all the gambits on towards that last half of the game!

However, if something crucial happened during battle I'd take control over the gambits and just override them to fix whatever was going on.

Did you guys use all the gambits (I think there were 12?)?

latte428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 latte428
Member since 2004 • 5957 Posts

I had access to all the gambits but I really only used a few.

For the random battles, I set all the characters to use Gambits. Boss battles, I always controlled the main character which was usually Vaan.

I have to admit that I liked the gambit system. I thought I would hate it when Square announced the change but it was kind of nice to only manage the characters when I wanted to. Most of that management was to just tweak their gambits. :P

kryu88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kryu88

Lady_Bahamut

That is pretty much what I did in XII. I controlled whomever I deemed leader, or whoever I felt like playing as, and just let the others be controlled by gambits.

Hyuugas-Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Hyuugas-Shadow
Member since 2007 • 620 Posts

Yeah, my entire party was always on gambits.. though I often changed to something else from what the gambits wanted to do when I was using Fran as my leader...

My two leaders were Fran and Balthier just because they were the ones I had with ranged weapons, so it made it easier to see the whole field... and I had one party of all women and one party of all men... both at equal levels... (each time one party leveled up I'd switch to the other party, so they were always between one or two levels of each other).

crushgoil

I pretty much did the same thing, the leveling up part too. except my groups were different, had Vaan leader of one with Balthier and Ashe, and Fran leading the other with Penelo and Basch.

queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 queen_valentine

For the random battles, I set all the characters to use Gambits. Boss battles, I always controlled the main character which was usually Vaan.

I have to admit that I liked the gambit system. I thought I would hate it when Square announced the change but it was kind of nice to only manage the characters when I wanted to. Most of that management was to just tweak their gambits. :P

latte428

I agree, I also loved the gambit system. It was nice to just set up some sort of a strategy when you knew what you were going to be dealing with. However, I always had some certains in my gambit list. Like I always had Protect, Life and Curaga on there, no matter what. And towards the end of the game I also always had Bubble on there too. Or in a trap-heavy area I'd always be using Float.

crushgoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 crushgoil
[QUOTE="latte428"]

queen_valentine

I agree, I also loved the gambit system. It was nice to just set up some sort of a strategy when you knew what you were going to be dealing with. However, I always had some certains in my gambit list. Like I always had Protect, Life and Curaga on there, no matter what. And towards the end of the game I also always had Bubble on there too. Or in a trap-heavy area I'd always be using Float.

I always had life and curaga, for sure... but rarely protect, sometimes haste.. never used float even once in the game, and I think I only used bubble once....

queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 queen_valentine
[QUOTE="queen_valentine"][QUOTE="latte428"]

crushgoil

I always had life and curaga, for sure... but rarely protect, sometimes haste.. never used float even once in the game, and I think I only used bubble once....

Ooo yea! I used Haste a LOT too. Float was nice in those trap-heavy areas with small hallways. I got sick of trying to walk around them so I just cast Float. XD Bubble was great, I used to use the Bubble belt but I traded that for the accessory that doubles your LP/EXP.

Lady_Bahamut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lady_Bahamut
Member since 2007 • 1224 Posts
I only used bubble, haste and protect etc on bosses. It was too much hassle to put them all on all the time.
latte428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 latte428
Member since 2004 • 5957 Posts

For me it was curaga, life, bubble and haste. Especially at the end of the game!

I did use float in the trapped areas but I didn't keep it on all the time. Bio was helpful in some of the later areas.

I also kept the elemental spells like firaga set all the time and just quickly changed them to one of the others if the enemy was immune. ;)

S_Jake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 S_Jake
Member since 2004 • 1502 Posts

I only used bubble, haste and protect etc on bosses. It was too much hassle to put them all on all the time.Lady_Bahamut

Yeah, I was like that, unless I was wandering through an area that I wasn't supposed to be in. ;) Haste, Protect and Shell are always useful (until their all-targeting variants are available) and Bubble is brilliant in the early to mid game. :)

Hyuugas-Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Hyuugas-Shadow
Member since 2007 • 620 Posts
[QUOTE="crushgoil"][QUOTE="queen_valentine"][QUOTE="latte428"]

queen_valentine

Ooo yea! I used Haste a LOT too. Float was nice in those trap-heavy areas with small hallways. I got sick of trying to walk around them so I just cast Float. XD Bubble was great, I used to use the Bubble belt but I traded that for the accessory that doubles your LP/EXP.

hmm I kept my bubble belt it was a life saver when getting those extra espers

johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 johngebreadman

i think i only used about 12 gambits in the whole game.

basch - attack nearst enemy

ashe 1. ally under 40% curaga

all any - esuaga

allystatus slowhastega

enemy any attack

vaan i just controlled