manhunt1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 manhunt1001
Member since 2004 • 2431 Posts

Having just bought FF Origins and FFVI yesterday, i thought i would be a great idea if I could find out what you guys thought was the best Playstation Remake. State your answer with some detail...thanks.

helpinhamsters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 helpinhamsters
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I liked FFVI out of them even though ive hardly played the others but its quite good and twist turning the story line, i thought i'd nearly completed the game at level 20 :p but the others just from having a quick go on someone elses and looking at the pics ect just didnt appeal enough for me to but them
Arath_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Arath_1
Member since 2003 • 4688 Posts

While Final Fantasy I and II may very well be considered remakes Final Fantasy V and VI have never been remade (not yet anyway, as the GBA games are the only versions which promise to enhance the graphics). The inclusion of CG doesnt qualify as a remake. Final Fantasy V and VI have simply been ported to a Playstation compatible format. Finally a remake means to make something again, in which case I would argue that all those games are just enhanced ports of their original counterparts.

Having not played Origins I cannot compare the game to the original, but to the best of my knowledge the graphic sprites where the same as those found in Final Fantasy V and VI, not a revolutionary remake. A nice upgrade I would call it. Nice re-release of a game. Personally I would love to get Origins as it looks to be amazing not to mention I would like to play the game(s) that started it all. 

joe603

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 joe603
Member since 2005 • 137 Posts
I would have to say FFI, because it was originally for the NES. They remade it for the PS, which is a jump across 2 systems! No more having to use a "turbo controller", and leave it overnight to buy 99 potions! Graphics, game saving, all redesigned. An excellent remake for old-school FF players.
inuyasha12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 inuyasha12
Member since 2003 • 28053 Posts
I say remake FFVI cuz it one of the best right next to FFVII it had a great story and it had a ninja so it would be awesome if they remade it.
Dark_Kain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Dark_Kain
Member since 2004 • 1408 Posts
There really has not been any remakes as of yet. FFIII is the only remake that Square is working on. FF I,II, V,and VI are just minor upgrades of no real convenience. Slight graphical upgrade with some minor rebalancing in the experience and money system. All in all, they are just slightly tweaked ports.
manhunt1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 manhunt1001
Member since 2004 • 2431 Posts
Remake isnt exactly the best word for it...im sorry i should of put ports.
Avatar image for queen_valentine
queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 queen_valentine
Member since 2004 • 5870 Posts
IMO, the remakes weren't all that great. The loading times were AWFUL, it was slow (specially during some heavy battles), and the music was really messed up. The only good thing that I can think of were the few CG cutscenes that they made for them, which I think they could have done a better job of doing anyway. Specially for FFIV and V.

If I'd have to pick one, I'd probably go with Origins, since they did add saving and better graphics. (Although, I do like the GBA version better).
gill9221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gill9221
Member since 2004 • 449 Posts
The PS version of IV is great. FFIV Hard w/ a better script. Hoo-rah!