Final Fantasy 7 remake comfirmed by EGM!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ps3fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ps3fanboy
Member since 2004 • 275 Posts

In the latest issue of EGM, it says Final Fantasy 7 is in development.

Link

here you go...

Soulja_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Soulja_West
Member since 2003 • 15084 Posts

In the latest issue of EGM, it says Final Fantasy 7 is in development. Ps3fanboy

Link Please

Ps3fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ps3fanboy

Link

here is the link

break_fate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 break_fate
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
hmmm i don't know, you would think they would talk about it at the E3 convention. But hey, i'm all for it

AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#5 AzelKosMos
Member since 2005 • 34194 Posts

Link

here is the link

Ps3fanboy

I heard no official release from Square though. Would be cool if it's true.

Soulja_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Soulja_West
Member since 2003 • 15084 Posts

Link

here is the link

Ps3fanboy

Thats not really comfirming that FFVII is in the works but I still believe that they're going to remake FFVII.

cloudstrife145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#7 cloudstrife145
Member since 2006 • 1051 Posts
That 'LINK' is weird. But, oh well. if you say so.
Arath_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Arath_1
Member since 2003 • 4688 Posts

That issue is old and the information incorrect. The team who dealt with the tech demo are now hard at work on Final Fantasy XIII, so unless they can work on two games at once, not a chance. Again old information and from what has been shown and what we know there is no comfirmed remake, thanks.

Ps3fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ps3fanboy

That issue is old and the information incorrect. The team who dealt with the tech demo are now hard at work on Final Fantasy XIII, so unless they can work on two games at once, not a chance. Again old information and from what has been shown and what we know there is no comfirmed remake, thanks.

Arath_1

its the June 06 issue so I don't know how its old...
argianas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#10 argianas
Member since 2005 • 6779 Posts
As Arath said, Square's two top teams are already working on FF13, inlcuding the guy who's the most likely to direct it.  If they are indeed working on it, then it's by an unproven, inexperienced team and will likley suck.  And of course, why announce it days after E3 end, as a two-sentence afterthought in a magazine that SE would be highly unlikely to make the first announcement?  Wouldn't there be something more than a single still image from the tech demo from last year?
electro234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 electro234
Member since 2004 • 1528 Posts

Why do ppl doubt the remake? I believe they are plus here are 2 questions

1.  Out of all the FF games ever made, they made a tech demo of FF 7? Sounds pretty fishy to me...

2.  Most tech demo's are not games, they are random objects enviroments etc. being rendered with the new technology, so why would they use a game reamke.....?

OK, 3 questions

3.  Do you think Square-enix would put this amount of effort into making a FF7 remake just a tech demo? I don't think so....

xVxObliVioNxVx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 xVxObliVioNxVx
Member since 2005 • 7764 Posts

1.  Out of all the FF games ever made, they made a tech demo of FF 7? Sounds pretty fishy to me...

3.  Do you think Square-enix would put this amount of effort into making a FF7 remake just a tech demo? I don't think so....

electro234

A year ago, Square Enix was developing FFXIII for the PS2 (not PS3). Sony sent them some PS3 development kits so they decided to try it out to see what the system had to offer. They spent one month and half developing the the FFVII Tech demo with the PS3 development kits inorder to try out the power of the system. After that, they where so satisfied with power of the PS3 that they decided to move the development of FFXIII to the PS3. So the FFVII tech demo was nothing more then a test run. Square does this evey generation. They did a FFVI tech demo back in 1996 for the N64 and they did the FFVIII tech demo for the PS2 back 5 years ago. Again, it's just a way for them to try out new hardware.

2.  Most tech demo's are not games, they are random objects enviroments etc. being rendered with the new technology, so why would they use a game reamke.....?

electro234

A tech demo serves to demostrate the power of a system and that is all. Sqaure Enix never intended to make a remake, but due to high demands by the fans there is a possibility that they might make a remake but not any time soon. According to Kitase (dictor of FFVII and Producer of FFXIII), he said if there ever was a remake then Tetsuya Nomura would be the one to do it. Nomura is the character designer of FFVII, he also directed the KH series and he is the director of FFVII: Advent Children. Currently he is working on two projects. He has just began directing FF Versus XIII, and he has been working FFVII: Crisis Core for some time now. Once his done with those two projects he is most likely to start working the KH3.

So is FFVII in the development, most likely not. However, the remake could be made later on (at the end of PS3's life cycle), but don't expect it anytime soon.

mufaser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 mufaser
Member since 2004 • 372 Posts
I would love it if they remade it but from what i see that doesnt proove anything why would the first info be released by egm and not squre?
argianas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#14 argianas
Member since 2005 • 6779 Posts
To add to what Oblivion said, the most likely reason why they picked FF7 was because trailers of FF7: Advent Children were playing at the same E3.  This will allow people to see how a PS3-rendered FF7 would compare to an FF7 using state of the art CG.
KnightsofRound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#15 KnightsofRound
Member since 2004 • 5819 Posts
I'm not trying to say that just because SE made a tech demo for FFVII that it means they will remake it, but remember when they did show that FFVIII tech demo for PS2, Squaresoft was planning on remaking FFVII, FFVIII and FFIX for the PS2 but that got canceled after they merged with Enix.  So that doesn't completely dismiss the fact that they could potentially still be remaking it.
ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#16 ocdog45
Member since 2005 • 9072 Posts
untill square enix says something i don't care
BlinkNdWink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 BlinkNdWink
Member since 2005 • 87 Posts
It would be much better to hear it officially from Square Enix

After all, there are a lot of Final Fantasy games to be out in this year.
CMakaCreative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CMakaCreative
Member since 2004 • 2107 Posts
I can't see how this info would not be released at E3 by SquareEnix. That would have blown the roof off. I think someone got their info crossed up at EGM. I don't believe it will be remade anytime soon. If it is, it'll probably be on the PSP or DS or something. It'll take to long to develope on the PS3. Them guys already probably booked with work till 2010.
AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AzelKosMos
I read in an interview (quite a while ago) that a FFVII remake was possible, they were thinking about it after KH2 was being finished. However as that dev team has moved on to a different project now. It seems unlikely.
xVxObliVioNxVx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 xVxObliVioNxVx
Member since 2005 • 7764 Posts

I'm not trying to say that just because SE made a tech demo for FFVII that it means they will remake it, but remember when they did show that FFVIII tech demo for PS2, Squaresoft was planning on remaking FFVII, FFVIII and FFIX for the PS2 but that got canceled after they merged with Enix.  So that doesn't completely dismiss the fact that they could potentially still be remaking it.
KnightsofRound

Those remakes where just rumours. It was more likely that Sqauresoft would have re-released FFVII, FFVIII, and FFIX for the PS2 like they did with  the other FF games for the PSone and GBA. So far the only FF games that have been remade are FFI, FFII, and currently they are remaking FFIII.

Arath_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Arath_1

I'm not trying to say that just because SE made a tech demo for FFVII that it means they will remake it, but remember when they did show that FFVIII tech demo for PS2, Squaresoft was planning on remaking FFVII, FFVIII and FFIX for the PS2 but that got canceled after they merged with Enix.  So that doesn't completely dismiss the fact that they could potentially still be remaking it.KnightsofRound

Im impressed you remember this, however Square-Enix never stated the extent to which the games would be remade, I think re-texturing was the best we could hope for with a newly recorded sound track. The fact of the matter is that there is no possible way they could have held the project in delay for so long (near 7 years... impossible) especially when it forced their top game (Final Fantasy XII) beack years.

Not happening. There is nobody to handle the remake at this time and Square-Enix pretty much killed the rumour with the announcement of Final Fantasy XIII.

I read in an interview (quite a while ago) that a FFVII remake was possible, they were thinking about it after KH2 was being finished. However as that dev team has moved on to a different project now. It seems unlikely.AzelKosMos

That was the 1UP interview (find it here). Tetsuya Nomura was personally interested in the game, while the company may be looking into it, I really dont see it happening (as you stated now Tetsuya Nomura's Kingom Hearts team is going to work on Versus XIII). Besides working on the Kingdom Hearts II European release he is also working on Crisis Core (like Oblivion stated), there is just nobody left to do a remake.

Also to original poster, Square-Enix keep denying a remake. EGM, wishful thinking or somebody messed up at the printing press. (My bad on when this came out, there was an articles also in EGM a while back comfirming a remake...).

rrric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 rrric
Member since 2003 • 2408 Posts
"
Update:
In the new June edition of Electronic Gaming Monthly, EGM confirms Square Enix's popular PS1 game, Final Fantasy VII, is under developement for the PS3.

EMG states, " Last year, Square Enix teased everyone with what was called the "FFVIIPS3 demo." Well, what do you know: This test case was really a sneak peek at a next-gen revival of the PS1 role-playing hit."

http://www.ps3land.com/article-312.php
ffxjunky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#23 ffxjunky06
Member since 2006 • 8351 Posts
That Information is False. There is no way that it would ever be known to anyone of being officially remade. There would be Scans straight from Japan first and there would be Floods of News about it.

I would say that it is totally false. I still think there is a 50-50% chance of Final Fantasy VII (Remake) ever being released. Somehow i think that Square-Enix are thinking on it though through all the Publicity about it.
magusat999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#24 magusat999
Member since 2005 • 881 Posts
It's not what you or I am able to BELIEVE that will determine whether this is a rumor or not. If Square told the media - and they are very careful what they tell the media - then it is true. If it's in a major Game magazine, then it is true, and if it wasn't true there would be a retraction. Some of you are argueing based on whether or not it's "believable" - that's not proving your point, it's just making you look hard-headed.
magusat999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#25 magusat999
Member since 2005 • 881 Posts

Also to original poster, Square-Enix keep denying a remake. EGM, wishful thinking or somebody messed up at the printing press. (My bad on when this came out, there was an articles also in EGM a while back comfirming a remake...).

AzelKosMos

Did EGM retract that? Do YOU work for EGM? I know you "cannot comprehend it", but that doesn't mean it isn't so. And where is SE PLAINLY and UNDENIABLY denying a remake? I haven't seen anything yet - but I do see the usual Squaresoft pattern of events and lame attempts at clouding the issue before the obvious move is made... unless all the sources recant their affirmation of the sequel, I will go with them... they know better than anyone in a forum.

ffxjunky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ffxjunky06
It's not what you or I am able to BELIEVE that will determine whether this is a rumor or not. If Square told the media - and they are very careful what they tell the media - then it is true. If it's in a major Game magazine, then it is true, and if it wasn't true there would be a retraction. Some of you are argueing based on whether or not it's "believable" - that's not proving your point, it's just making you look hard-headed.magusat999
Yeah i agree with you there. You have a Valid Point indeed. There is no REAL Proof of this ever being Remade so people should stop obsessing over it.

P.S. Please dont Double Post. You can put more than One Post in the One Post.
AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AzelKosMos

[QUOTE="AzelKosMos"]

magusat999

Did EGM retract that? Do YOU work for EGM? I know you "cannot comprehend it", but that doesn't mean it isn't so. And where is SE PLAINLY and UNDENIABLY denying a remake? I haven't seen anything yet - but I do see the usual Squaresoft pattern of events and lame attempts at clouding the issue before the obvious move is made... unless all the sources recant their affirmation of the sequel, I will go with them... they know better than anyone in a forum.

That wasn't me who wrote that :| Please get your quotes right.

ffxjunky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ffxjunky06
It was Arath_1 who said that. Now that that is cleared up, has anyone got anything that they would like to add aobut this Topic?
AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AzelKosMos

It's not what you or I am able to BELIEVE that will determine whether this is a rumor or not. If Square told the media - and they are very careful what they tell the media - then it is true. If it's in a major Game magazine, then it is true, and if it wasn't true there would be a retraction. Some of you are argueing based on whether or not it's "believable" - that's not proving your point, it's just making you look hard-headed.magusat999

Sorry to say, but major game magazines have been wrong on several occasions regarding things. And don't always make retractions. Most UK PS2 magazines said that DMC SE would not come out here. It's being released in September. Even they are misinformed sometimes.

ffxjunky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ffxjunky06

[QUOTE="magusat999"]It's not what you or I am able to BELIEVE that will determine whether this is a rumor or not. If Square told the media - and they are very careful what they tell the media - then it is true. If it's in a major Game magazine, then it is true, and if it wasn't true there would be a retraction. Some of you are argueing based on whether or not it's "believable" - that's not proving your point, it's just making you look hard-headed.AzelKosMos

Sorry to say, but major game magazines have been wrong on several occasions regarding things. And don't always make retractions. Most UK PS2 magazines said that DMC SE would not come out here. It's being released in September. Even they are misinformed sometimes.

Nicely Pointed out there Azel. Well you are Completely right on so many levels.
Magazines are the same as Fan Sites. The Information can either be read wrong, Picked up wrong, added to and even made up. You can never know what news is correct without any real proof. That is why us News Posters here at FFU Provide the members with Sources to whatever information is acquired to help out.
Arath_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Arath_1

Did EGM retract that? Do YOU work for EGM? I know you "cannot comprehend it", but that doesn't mean it isn't so. And where is SE PLAINLY and UNDENIABLY denying a remake? I haven't seen anything yet - but I do see the usual Squaresoft pattern of events and lame attempts at clouding the issue before the obvious move is made... unless all the sources recant their affirmation of the sequel, I will go with them... they know better than anyone in a forum.magusat999

The thing is I know what I am talking about as much as EGM do in this case. I never said I cannot comprehend it. I realize the limitations of the company and what they are capable of doing and delivering. Yoichi Wada on several occassions, including the 2005 Sony Press conference denied that a remake was being made. He is the president of the company.

Claiming that a publication knows better than anybody on these forums is just being shallow. Its obvious you dont know to what extent some of us follow the events in the industry and especially Square-Enix. Unlike in the cases of magazines that have a limited number of personal covering various topics, we have dedicated individuals around here that do nothing but follow what Square-Enix does.

And to leave you with a nugget here is a link from IGN

what Square Enix representatives told IGN directly:

"Since the FINAL FANTASY VII tech demo at E3 2005, there have been a lot of rumors about the presentation hinting at an actual remake. While the June 2006 issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly confirms the remake for release in 2007, Square Enix has never stated this."

The first magazine with any reliable information will be Famitsu Japan. Until then nothing said is comfirmation of anything and considering that the team that did the tech demo is now working on Final Fantasy XIII, there will be no remake until at least that title launches. Even then its just wishful thinking. 

the_unbroken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#32 the_unbroken
Member since 2006 • 1886 Posts

Arath_1

You seem to forget, that these companies have hundrids, if not thousands of people working for them, and at most, The thought that they are lacking enough people to create the game is ubsured, They have more than enough game designers to do both. And even though there has been no actual confirmation from Square-Enix, I am certain they will eventually remake FFVII, For the simple fact that it is what the consumer wants, thats the first rule in supply and demand. And darn nere every FF fan wants a remake, so they WILL make it, its just a question of when.

Gallion-Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Gallion-Beast
Member since 2005 • 35803 Posts
[QUOTE="Arath_1"]

the_unbroken

You seem to forget, that these companies have hundrids, if not thousands of people working for them, and at most, The thought that they are lacking enough people to create the game is ubsured, They have more than enough game designers to do both. And even though there has been no actual confirmation from Square-Enix, I am certain they will eventually remake FFVII, For the simple fact that it is what the consumer wants, thats the first rule in supply and demand. And darn nere every FF fan wants a remake, so they WILL make it, its just a question of when.

Technically yes, it wouldn't be too hard to find people to do it. But that's not the same as having talented people doing it. Who do you think they'd assign a remake to: a proven talented team or the janitor and his dog?
the_unbroken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 the_unbroken
[QUOTE="the_unbroken"][QUOTE="Arath_1"]

Gallion-Beast

Technically yes, it wouldn't be too hard to find people to do it. But that's not the same as having talented people doing it. Who do you think they'd assign a remake to: a proven talented team or the janitor and his dog?

They have more talented people than you think, When I said "hundrids if not thousands" I was meaning the game desingers them selves, not the janitors or the clerks

Gallion-Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Gallion-Beast
Member since 2005 • 35803 Posts
[QUOTE="Gallion-Beast"] [QUOTE="the_unbroken"][QUOTE="Arath_1"]

the_unbroken

They have more talented people than you think, When I said "hundrids if not thousands" I was meaning the game desingers them selves, not the janitors or the clerks

Yeah I'm sure those guys who made Unlimited Saga aren't doing anything right now.....
The fact is, if you want it to be up to FF quality, it'll have to be from the guys who've actually made a good FF. And Square have like what, two three teams like that? And guess what, they all already have something else to do.
killer_shadow1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 killer_shadow1
Member since 2005 • 2730 Posts
yay!
ClaudeLv250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#37 ClaudeLv250
Member since 2004 • 863 Posts
Man, people are desperate. Square has been denying an FF7 remake since 2001 yet people still get heated and jump to conclusions when an unofficial magazine suddenly declares that an FF7 remake is in the works. It wasn't in the works in 2001 and it's not in the works now. Really, how many times do they have to deny it?

It's not what you or I am able to BELIEVE that will determine whether this is a rumor or not. If Square told the media - and they are very careful what they tell the media - then it is true. If it's in a major Game magazine, then it is true, and if it wasn't true there would be a retraction. Some of you are argueing based on whether or not it's "believable" - that's not proving your point, it's just making you look hard-headed.

To say that a major gaming magazine is official is an act of desperation to believe the FF7 remake lie. That's right - lie. The only official source is Square, and they have said several times that there is no FF7 remake in the works. That makes the rumor a lie, because it has been proven false by the only official party in the entire ordeal. The only reason this "rumor" is alive is because the fanboys can't accept the fact that it's not happening anytime soon. They didn't when a PS2 remake rumor was dismissed years ago, and they won't when it's been dismissed several times this year. The only difference is that they get more persistent with each generation. Square has already said that there is no remake currently in the works. EGM is not more official than Square. All of Square's big guns are working on FFXIII games. So it's not only not believable that they're working on one - but not possible.
the_unbroken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 the_unbroken
[QUOTE="the_unbroken"][QUOTE="Gallion-Beast"] [QUOTE="the_unbroken"][QUOTE="Arath_1"]

Gallion-Beast

Yeah I'm sure those guys who made Unlimited Saga aren't doing anything right now.....
The fact is, if you want it to be up to FF quality, it'll have to be from the guys who've actually made a good FF. And Square have like what, two three teams like that? And guess what, they all already have something else to do.

Notice that I simply said They had enough to do it, Not once did I say they would, At least not at this moment. FFVII was perhaps the most played FF in their long history, And the thing that most fans want as a game for the PS3 is a remake, And simply looking at it from a Buisness stand point, Square-Enix knows that they would make a lot of mony on it. There would be people buying A PS3 just for that one game. SO as I said in my previous posts, It will happen, There is no question of that, the only question is WHEN will it happen, it may be next year, or it may bear a few years away, But it is going to happen.

Narasil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#39 Narasil
Member since 2003 • 923 Posts
i'm all for an FFVII remake. ill beat it again. hope the rumors are true.
the_unbroken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 the_unbroken

i'm all for an FFVII remake. ill beat it again. hope the rumors are true.
Narasil

Olease add some discousion to it, just saying you hope there trur is just a waist

gamerrgurrl9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 gamerrgurrl9
Member since 2005 • 1982 Posts
Well Square hasn't realeased any official announcements about it so I don't know.I hope they don't remake it.It's a waste of time.
mini_moz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mini_moz
Member since 2006 • 83 Posts

well i think it is a good thing to remake stuff becoz  you learn from your mistakes

and remaking games is one way to learn how to make betta ones

WoW i feel wise :P

CMakaCreative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 CMakaCreative
Member since 2004 • 2107 Posts
I'm sure there will be a remake...but who's to say it will be for the PS3. Sure they did a tech demo...no big thing. Not the first time they did that. FF VIII had a tech demo on the PS2....where's the remake of that game. I'm not holding my breathe on the remake. It will come out when it comes out for whatever system. There's plenty of new games to be played & if you really got to play FFVII again...play the original. It's not a priority for Square right now to release a remake when they still got other FFVII games coming out. FFXII coming out. FFXIII series in the works. When they find that their deep pockets aren't deep enough, then they'll bring out the remake. Unless they are secretly working on it, I don't see it coming out for a while. Maybe as the last "gotta have" game for the PS3 before the PS4 drops.
LoneRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 LoneRex
Member since 2006 • 1717 Posts
I would love to have a FFVII remake, but we can't say it's confirmed unless SquareEnix says so.
the_unbroken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 the_unbroken
Since we have allready been given news that Square-Enix has denied this, I will close this topic for the time being, If the other officers feel it shouldnt be closed yet then it will be opened back up.