Soulja_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Soulja_West
Member since 2003 • 15084 Posts
What was your reaction when you found out that the main character of Final Fantasy XIII was a girl?

My reaction was soild. It really didn't matter to if the main character was a girl or not. As long as the gameplay is fun and the story is interesting, I could care less if the main character is a girl. Plus shes hot!
sazimamajoko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 sazimamajoko
Member since 2005 • 48 Posts
I thought it was a great idea the main characters have all been boys so far and it will make a great change. 
fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3 fuzzysquash
Member since 2004 • 17374 Posts
[QUOTE="Soulja_West"]Plus shes hot!

That was my reaction as well.

But her CG model looks better than her real-time model. Her face seems flatter and more pale in the real-time model.

Anyone get this impression? Maybe I'm just shallow and picky...
Dime1211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Dime1211
Member since 2005 • 30 Posts

I was kinda surprised at first. but then got over it and she IS HOT

Modris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Modris
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
It's nice to see games having more of a balance. I don't think it's a particularly big deal, but I'm glad that companies like Square-Enix (unlike some of their fans) understand that yes, it really is okay for a game's protagonist to be female. 
LoneRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 LoneRex
Member since 2006 • 1717 Posts
Ya give the girls a chance, and yes she's hot.
Spurs_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#7 Spurs_Fan
Member since 2005 • 13023 Posts

I wasn't so suprised or nothing, it could be quite cool. And yeah she is hot :P

OGEpisodes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 OGEpisodes
Member since 2003 • 2543 Posts
First off, the girl in the trailer has been announced not to be the main character of Final Fantasy XIII by Square Enix. When I first saw the trailer I was blown away by her acrobatics and combat skills and was very happy as well since we have only seen a female main character in the Final Fantasy series twice. However amazing she does look, if you saw a trailer of Yuna doing all of that before Final Fantasy X-2 was released, we would probably be saying the same thing. And look what happened to her character. So I'm really hoping that the FFXIII girl has a strong character to back up her fighting ability.
zerroth101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 zerroth101
Member since 2005 • 4744 Posts
It would actually be great if she was the main character.The moves she did were amazing and Shes HOT!
Modris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Modris
Where was it confirmed that she wasn't the main character in the game? All I've seen is this "The battle scene in the E3 trailer shows the main female character fighting enemies on her own. Toriyama confirmed that the main character will indeed fight as part of a party..." and a mention that the guy we see in the FF XIII Versus pictures is the main character in that game.
Soulja_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Soulja_West

First off, the girl in the trailer has been announced not to be the main character of Final Fantasy XIII by Square Enix. When I first saw the trailer I was blown away by her acrobatics and combat skills and was very happy as well since we have only seen a female main character in the Final Fantasy series twice. However amazing she does look, if you saw a trailer of Yuna doing all of that before Final Fantasy X-2 was released, we would probably be saying the same thing. And look what happened to her character. So I'm really hoping that the FFXIII girl has a strong character to back up her fighting ability.Somegamer

What? Are you sure about this and could you post the link to the information you've just gave me?

OGEpisodes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 OGEpisodes
Member since 2003 • 2543 Posts
Yep sure, the news was announced in the magazine Gemanga, saying that the character will probably not be the protagonist for the game. Find the link here.
Soulja_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Soulja_West

Yep sure, the news was announced in the magazine Gemanga, saying that the character will probably not be the protagonist for the game. Find the link here. Somegamer

I wonder if the  main character of FFXIII will still be a female?

Spurs_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#14 Spurs_Fan
Member since 2005 • 13023 Posts
Whats the real main character gonna be like then :P
Modris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Modris
Okay, so now we have this: "EGM: What can you tell us about the heroine of FFXIII?
Toriyama: We can’t tell you all the details, unfortunately. Looking at the history of the FF series, there were already female main characters, like in FFVI, FFX, and FFX-2. This time, one of the characteristics of this heroine is that she’s not that feminine. I tried to make her someone very strong, independent. When I asked Mr. Nomura to design this character, I requested someone like a female version of Cloud from FFVII."

Is she, or isn't she the main character?
juliaryder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 juliaryder
Member since 2006 • 23448 Posts
I feel that one of the reasons that FFXIII has a female lead has to do with our love of previous heroines in the FF series. They were all great characters, although they never had a main lead until FFX-2 came out. I feel that this game was FF's attempt on feeling the general mood and acceptance of a female lead. I find it an awesome idea! I can barely wait to get it! Game On.
fantasyfacade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 fantasyfacade
Member since 2006 • 8317 Posts

I remember reading something that said the main central character was definetly a female, they said they wanted her to be strong, independent something similar like Cloud just not as anti-social. I also read that interview from two posts up and has proved what I read.

I think that this girl is the main character, but as they said they haven't released any other information on her from what we saw in the trailer so all anyone has at the moment is speculation and ideas. For a magazine to go off and say its probably not her is a bit of a jump as Square Enix hasn't even announced anything of the sort yet. We only really have our impressions from the trailer that she might be.

ZhenDash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 ZhenDash
Member since 2006 • 1483 Posts
Hmmm... let's see.

Her outfit is like Yuna from X-2. The face is quite confusing but it kinda looks like Tidus.

Well, I see they're trying to heal their wounds from X-2 :question:
gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#19 gamingqueen
Member since 2004 • 31076 Posts
i still think we're going to play with morethan one character , both the male and female look alike .. maybe brother and sister ..
fantasyfacade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 fantasyfacade

What you said can't be sorry; as in the interview they made it clear that these two characters aren't connected to one another as their two worlds are seperate. The storyline doesn't intertwine at all and the only thing that the games have in common is the mythology. They said though that there is a possiblity that down the line the two characters might meet, so who knows what can happen in the years after the games are realeased.

wufang65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 wufang65
Member since 2005 • 389 Posts

I thought it was great and I can't wait for the game to come out.

chosen1srt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 chosen1srt
Member since 2003 • 393 Posts
I thought well its about time I knew they were going to do it sooner or later.
Fraquelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Fraquelli
Member since 2005 • 688 Posts

[QUOTE="Somegamer"]Yep sure, the news was announced in the magazine Gemanga, saying that the character will probably not be the protagonist for the game. Find the link here. Soulja_West

I wonder if the  main character of FFXIII will still be a female?

what has SE shown about FFXIII so far?  a teaser trailer right?
and what do we see in that trailer?

a girl travelling, beating everyone's ass to the ground, and getting ready to fight a big machine(probably a boss) all on her own...

hmmm...gee...doens't that just make you wonder who the protagonist will be? damn...

Soulja_West, Im not dissing you just so you know. Its just that its kinda obvious to me.
and I like 2pac too!

darkanima9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 darkanima9
Member since 2005 • 570 Posts
i don't care if the main character male or female...i wanna play the game
fantasyfacade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 fantasyfacade
I agree, if they change the main character it I'll still play it reguardlessly.
FinalxRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FinalxRain
Member since 2005 • 1120 Posts

i thought it was an excellent idea

im tired of male leads

CaptHawkeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 CaptHawkeye
Member since 2004 • 13977 Posts

I was more than thankfull. The FF series hasn't had a good female lead since Tera. And will be wonderful to see this new girl in action.

Female heroes > Male Heroes > Angsty Male Heroes (Common in FF)

dareheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dareheaven
Member since 2005 • 5233 Posts
from what i heard, i heard that the girl isnt gonna be the main character, but she will be playing a bbig role in the game too
fantasyfacade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 fantasyfacade
That's meant to be a rumour as they have stated that the main character is a female and they wanted her to be like a female version of cloud, which I always thought this girl looks like. Read the interview. I'm still concerned though. I like the idea of a strong female role in Final Fantasy even though I'll still play it if it isn't. I think people are already used to her and would be foolish to change her even though the game won't be released for some time yet.
dareheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dareheaven
Member since 2005 • 5233 Posts

That's meant to be a rumour as they have stated that the main character is a female and they wanted her to be like a female version of cloud, which I always thought this girl looks like. Read the interview. I'm still concerned though. I like the idea of a strong female role in Final Fantasy even though I'll still play it if it isn't. I think people are already used to her and would be foolish to change her even though the game won't be released for some time yet.fantasyfacade

i always thought that too but i didnt want to say anything since it thought people would take it as a critisism