Ps3fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ps3fanboy
Member since 2004 • 275 Posts
I made this thread to rate the voice acting of the caracters in FF7:AC.
Cloud: It was perfect. I hope if they ever remake FF7 they keep that as the vioce for cloud in the game also.

Tifa: Not that great. In the fight scene with Loz(?), it sounded like she was moaning more then grunting.

Kadaj: That was another good one.Perfect mix of derranged evil person with kinda childish voice.

Barret: "What up Fool!" lol barret was just as I imagined his voice to be.

Rufus: Probably the worst one. He need a more snobby, rich playboy kind of voice. It was just too mechanical.

Reno and Rude: Reno was good. Rude was a little below average but not that bad.

Cait Sith(spell?): Irish Accent???? 'nuff said.

probably add more latter. getting tired...
Soulja_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Soulja_West
Member since 2003 • 15084 Posts
I wish I could vote but I can't considering that I haven't seen the movie yet.
ex-centrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 ex-centrick
Member since 2003 • 2740 Posts
aries = worst voice acting. IMO it was horrible. I prefer the *** voice acting over the english
Avatar image for Playstationgeek
Playstationgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Playstationgeek
Member since 2005 • 564 Posts

i though tifa was great! denzels was like the EXACT same, and yuffies was practically the exact same 2, i liked vincent valentines voice, very cool, kadaj sounded weird, and dissapointed with reno's, plus he didnt end most of his sentences with "yo" lol, so i was dissapointed with most voices at first, but then i really enjoyed them, especially cait sith, lol, so funny, btw it's not irish, its scottish

"lassy, shut yer mouth" lol

hellsingfan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hellsingfan666
Member since 2004 • 602 Posts
Japanese just because the english script was bad in parts, nice to see familer anime voice actors though like vincent = spike, barret = jet, rude = alucard and yada yada yada
kingdom09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kingdom09
Member since 2005 • 53071 Posts
It sounded alright, but the voices to lip movements were horrible, and they should have fixed that for us.
psfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 psfan
Member since 2006 • 460 Posts

the voice acting was perfect

Avatar image for michelle_moraes
michelle_moraes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#8 michelle_moraes
Member since 2005 • 4198 Posts

It sounded alright, but the voices to lip movements were horrible, and they should have fixed that for us.kingdom09

Yeah but doens't that mean then that the CG from the movie would have to be remade to match it. And that would probably add costs to remake the scenes so of course they wouldn't do that just to match the english voices...

Soulja_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Soulja_West
Member since 2003 • 15084 Posts
[QUOTE="hellsingfan666"]Japanese just because the english script was bad in parts, nice to see familer anime voice actors though like vincent = spike, barret = jet, rude = alucard and yada yada yada

Why do people keep saying that the Japanese voces or better considering that you can't understand a word that they are saying?
nurik_strife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 nurik_strife
Member since 2005 • 497 Posts
Alright both versions are great in their own ways, but since I'm still in the process of trying to learn Japanese I could not possibly understand it w/o subtitles. The US version is just AMAZING with the voice-overs though, and the lip synching will be off since the movie was made in 05 and actually probably before that..another words the American voice-overs had to fit the Japanese actors/actresses' voices. Therefore it may look a little weird in some areas but hardly enough to say they suck. I will say that I do like the Japanese subtitles in some areas a bit more info. and the voices do sound good in the emotion in protrays.
Arathin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#11 Arathin
Member since 2003 • 2177 Posts

Cloud = Good at most points of the movie.

Tifa = Probably the best choice possible.

Barret = Meh...

Rufus = Sounded like a typical Japanese to English voice actor (if you don't understand that comment, I mean to say it's not good)

Reno = Yeah, sounded alright. Could've been better.

Rude = Adequate.

Red XIII = NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Cait Sith = Well I didn't exactly expect anything different from a talking toy cat :P

Yuffie = Yeah, what I expected :P

Vincent = I actually thought his voice acting was really well done :)

Yazoo = Crap.

Kadaj = Er...alright.

Other white haired guy = Not too amazing, but was alright.

Aeris = Not too good...

Overall I can't say that the voice acting was very good. It was alright, but it all seemed like a typically poor translation effort.

marc_man3001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 marc_man3001
Member since 2006 • 90 Posts
Honestly I think they did a fairly good job with the voice acting, although I don't agree with every characters voice(Cait Sith Irish?? Wth?). But altogether I think they did a good job considering they gave characters that never really had voices before there own voice. All in all its how each individual pictured the character to sound.
kingdom09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kingdom09
Member since 2005 • 53071 Posts

[QUOTE="kingdom09"]It sounded alright, but the voices to lip movements were horrible, and they should have fixed that for us.michelle_moraes

Yeah but doens't that mean then that the CG from the movie would have to be remade to match it. And that would probably add costs to remake the scenes so of course they wouldn't do that just to match the english voices...

Yeah but how many people are going to buy that movie here compared to Japan?  We just aint no chump change that gets to see the movie.

Jr_chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jr_chaos
Member since 2005 • 387 Posts
It was terrible, save maybe two. Kadaj could not have turned out worse. Yazoo and Loz sounded so forced. I actually enjoyed Cait Sith. The only ones other than that I thought were good were Cloud, Vincent, and Aeris.
jordina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#15 jordina
Member since 2006 • 5410 Posts
some of them didnt sound like i imagined but my mind for voices isnt too big. what i mean is garnet and aeris have the same voice in my head. so do many others. i liked aeris voice, one line felt a bit ugh, at least she says dilly dally shilly shally better than tifa lol
FuguNabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FuguNabe
Member since 2005 • 1090 Posts
I only watched the Japanese version which was great. I don't know about the English version though as I'm in Japan. The movie was was subpar though...
mufaser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mufaser
Member since 2004 • 372 Posts
[QUOTE="Soulja_West"]I wish I could vote but I can't considering that I haven't seen the movie yet.

lol all in good time
GreatMno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 GreatMno
Member since 2004 • 2601 Posts

I thought it was alright. The only thing that really set me off was Cait Sith. I never even considered him having an Irish accent.

We can't really say what the voices should have sounded like though. The creators are the ones that hear the voices of the characters, and they get to decide what they sound like.

omegabustr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#19 omegabustr
Member since 2005 • 94 Posts

Rachael was awesome as Tifa and plus I think she's really hot but anyways....well i thought steve burton was a better cloud than that congested japanese guy.

mufaser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mufaser
Member since 2004 • 372 Posts
I liked the *** voices better but they did do better than i thought they would with the english
MC_RaZaR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MC_RaZaR
Member since 2004 • 5640 Posts
All the voice acting were good. Only Aeris and Sephiroth sounded a little arkward to me.
Crusader_333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Crusader_333
Member since 2005 • 244 Posts
Ive only seen *** version sofar.....................they seemed pretty good I spose.........................I havent actually played the game yet though, BUT Im trying to get my hands on one ASAP ;)