FF X-2, is it good for the series or not?

xVxObliVioNxVx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 xVxObliVioNxVx
Member since 2005 • 7764 Posts

Accordint to an interview with FFX and X-2 producer Kitase....

....Kitase mentioned that producing FF X-2 was a lot of fun and allowed the team the freedom to do what wanted. He also said that because of FF X-2 they where given the freedom to make the FFVII spin-offs. If FF X-2 was never made then Sqaure would have never made the FFVII spin-offs, instead they would have just focused on a new FF traditional title.

So basically FF X-2 gave the team tha courage to take risks and explore the FF franshise with more ease and Freedom. But without FF X-2 we would have had more traditional FF titles.

Would you consider the development of FF X-2 to be good for the series or not? Please explain.

Kefkamania05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Kefkamania05
Member since 2005 • 7537 Posts
I didnt like FFX2, but if its responsible for the FFVII spin offs I guess its a good thing it got released.
Nimroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Nimroc
Member since 2004 • 6052 Posts

I think that it was a good thing but not primary for the FFVII spin offs or for the game itself in that matter.

what that was really good is that they have the courage now to experiment with the games and change more for each new game:)

OGEpisodes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 OGEpisodes
Member since 2003 • 2543 Posts
The battle system was a good step forward for the series but apart from that I wouldn't say there's anything else.
truckduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 truckduck
Member since 2003 • 351 Posts
well the battle system is worth while and the gameplay is actually pretty good. If you can put up with some little childesness and girlyness than the game will prolly appeal to you 8) It's not a bad at all, while some of the FF fans will say otherwise, but it's deffinitely doens't do harm to the FF-series :)
MC_RaZaR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MC_RaZaR
Member since 2004 • 5640 Posts
I believe that Final Fantasy X-2 was good for the series. However, it is not because it gave them more time to work on soem Final Fantasy VII spinoffs. I believe that Final Fantasy X-2 was a decent game. I know it was a sequel that not everyone expected. However, it was still fun and offered good gameplay. I find Final Fantasy X the better out of the two, but Final fantasy X-2 is still a great game.
jtrox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jtrox
Member since 2005 • 204 Posts
i didnt like the game but it was a good experiment for them.
killerdog135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 killerdog135
Member since 2003 • 447 Posts
Ya there has to be a first for everything...and it was their first sequel :)....so ya okay game but good experiment.
ffsage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ffsage
Member since 2005 • 2028 Posts
I thought x-2 was good, and i know i'll like dirge of cerberus.
Vincent188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Vincent188
Member since 2005 • 112 Posts
yea, me too, i can take all the childishness and girlishness because it's for a ff vii spin-off.. i wouldn't mind..
Avatar image for final_sephiroth
final_sephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 final_sephiroth
Member since 2003 • 2596 Posts
i think it was needed, but it coulda been better
naz18h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 naz18h
Member since 2004 • 17231 Posts
I really didnt like the game. But i guess it was a good test for them
svchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 svchaos
Member since 2005 • 3374 Posts
well given the game wasnt that bad i would say yeah and the fact that it gave square the chance to make other games than of course
Ttam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 Ttam
Member since 2005 • 423 Posts
There were many annoying aspects of FFX-2, but I'd actually say it was a pretty good game.... I kinda like where they ended with FFX, but the sequel wasn't all that bad. As for the FFVII stuff.... Well, I always did like FFVII.... I just hope they don't get too carried away with themselves....
kelly11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kelly11
Member since 2003 • 744 Posts
Hmmm.....I find that FFX-2 is a refreshing change so I guess it's alright for the series
sringangel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 sringangel
Member since 2004 • 255 Posts
I played it and I got jammed in the near end of the story. (The DVD was spoilt). I enjoyed the game. Especially the fast pace fighting system. Though storyline isn't that much of a WOW, it was based more on missions after missions. Except for the mystery behind the-guy-that-look-like-tidus. I didn't get to solve it sadly.
Kinki_G_25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Kinki_G_25
Member since 2003 • 692 Posts

Ah, FF X-2...

This game wasn't as bad as I thought it would be... the only major complaint I would have is what they did to the characters... just look at what they are wearing... its ridiculous. The battle system was good, gotta love how you could kill the last enemy then still have a final chance to Pheonix Down someone who has been killed if you are quick enough.

Paine was the best character, and I liked how it rounded off the FF-X story and they perfect ending rocked. So FF X-2 didn't hurt the series in my view. It is a decent game but isn't as good as the others though... a good effort in the end.

iam_the_ONE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 iam_the_ONE
Member since 2005 • 1957 Posts
I didnt like FFX2, but if its responsible for the FFVII spin offs I guess its a good thing it got released.Kefkamania05
yea same here
Nelo-angelo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Nelo-angelo
Member since 2003 • 94 Posts
I like everything to do with FFX, so naturally I like X-2. But I bought the last mission version so all the text is in japanese....
Khimarhi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Khimarhi
Member since 2005 • 2353 Posts
I thought ffx-2 was pretty good. . . but it was a sequel to (in my opinion) the worst ff game in the series (in the numbered series FF:CC was much worse) but i really liked ffx2 so it was good for the series because it gave fans a FF game on the consoles that could't play ff 11 but hopefully 12 will be much better then X or X-2
kira7w7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 kira7w7
Member since 2005 • 1185 Posts

I thought x-2 was good, and i know i'll like dirge of cerberus.ffsage

yup me too

Cavino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Cavino
Member since 2003 • 283 Posts
Yeah, its good for the series. I actually finished it as I do love the new battle system. Very lighted and girlish but when play with open mind, pretty good...just not FFX standard but can hold its own. Most importantly, it is still a enjoyable FF game while waiting for the real thing (FF12). It served to keep me interested in FF series as development between FFX and FF12 really takes a long time.
sringangel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 sringangel
Member since 2004 • 255 Posts
Dierge of Cerberus reminds me of Devil May Cry/ Gungrave. (the gothic-ness and the camera angle)
Square did a not-that-good job on FullMetal Alchemist. Hopefully Dierge of Cerberus will be different.
xVxObliVioNxVx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 xVxObliVioNxVx
Member since 2005 • 7764 Posts

Dierge of Cerberus reminds me of Devil May Cry/ Gungrave. (the gothic-ness and the camera angle)
Square did a not-that-good job on FullMetal Alchemist. Hopefully Dierge of Cerberus will be different.
sringangel

Dirge of cerebus and Fullmetal Alchemist are done by different teams so it's not really what square can do but what the team can do. Since Kitase is the producer of DOC, then I think it is going to be good since he did good with producing the story in FFX and producing the gameplay in FFX-2. But this time he is attempting to blend great story with great gameplay, it should be intresting to see how it goes and it may also reveal what the new FF game will be like that he is producing for the PS3. Plus, he takes a lot insparation from half life 2, so I think the game will be more like HL 2 and not like Devil May Cry. This is a good thing considering that half life 2 did very well for both the story and gameplay of the game.

iam_the_ONE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 iam_the_ONE
Member since 2005 • 1957 Posts
sringangel
same here
CeLiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 CeLiS
Member since 2005 • 1285 Posts
I think that Final Fantasy X-2 was good for the series because, it showed how the girls of Final Fantasy handled things on their own, and told their side of the story.
regular_hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 regular_hulk
Member since 2005 • 240 Posts
I thought it was a pretty good game. Even if it didn't keep the turnbased style like all of the other FFs.
Nimroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Nimroc
Member since 2004 • 6052 Posts

I thought it was a pretty good game. Even if it didn't keep the turnbased style like all of the other FFs.regular_hulk

what do you mean like the other games

FFIV, FFV, FFVI, FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX wasn't turn based as FFX

MakoWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MakoWarrior
Member since 2004 • 50 Posts

yea FFX-2 was a pretty good game. It broke new grounds for Square enix, experimenting with many different things they never tried before. This game also expanded SE's fanbase a little more, which never hurts.