michelle_moraes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1 michelle_moraes
Member since 2005 • 4198 Posts

No kidding. I've gone through this on the PS1 version, and now that I'm playing the PSP version, it is happenning all over again. The curse of Riovane's castle. Is it just me, or is this battle just a pain to win? I'm having to grind, changing jobs and such exactly as I did years ago. It seems to me that if you want to go through the game quick just to watch the storyline, you can't at that battle because you just went by without paying much attention to your levels and such. XDDDD

argh!!! XD Does anybody else have trouble at this part? (I believe it is chapter 3's ending)?

Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#2 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
I had no trouble with that game at all. I level grinded like mad on that game. I mastered every job before the third chapter, and was level 99 with my entire team. Owned the game with Dark Knight. :lol:
Avatar image for michelle_moraes
michelle_moraes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 michelle_moraes

I had no trouble with that game at all. I level grinded like mad on that game. I mastered every job before the third chapter, and was level 99 with my entire team. Owned the game with Dark Knight. :lol:WSGRandomPerson

Well, THAT explains why you didn't have any trouble with it!!! Unfortunately I don't have time anymore for endless grindings... XD

Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts

[QUOTE="WSGRandomPerson"]I had no trouble with that game at all. I level grinded like mad on that game. I mastered every job before the third chapter, and was level 99 with my entire team. Owned the game with Dark Knight. :lol:michelle_moraes

Well, THAT explains why you didn't have any trouble with it!!! Unfortunately I don't have time anymore for endless grindings... XD

Well within like 2 hours daily i would grow like 20 some odd levels. All you do is use potions over and over. xD
michelle_moraes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 michelle_moraes
[QUOTE="michelle_moraes"]

[QUOTE="WSGRandomPerson"]I had no trouble with that game at all. I level grinded like mad on that game. I mastered every job before the third chapter, and was level 99 with my entire team. Owned the game with Dark Knight. :lol:WSGRandomPerson

Well within like 2 hours daily i would grow like 20 some odd levels. All you do is use potions over and over. xD

Lol, I know, but I find that tedious.... after all I'm really not playing for grinding! XDDD

Avatar image for DraconigenaDeus
DraconigenaDeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#6 DraconigenaDeus
Member since 2005 • 2304 Posts

I just played this game (well the ps1 version) recently, but I still forget who you fight at Riovannes castle...is it Wiegraf? If so I have a good strategy if you have enough JP in White Magic. Holy kills him in one hit w/ 100% accuracy, so set that to your secondary skill as a job w/ high speed such an a ninja or thief and you should be able to do away w/ him. Or if you have enough JP in the chemist job class just get the Auto Potion ability and throw away all of your potions except for the X-potions. You'll still want to use a job that can attack him from afar though as his counter attacks can be brutal and won't be healed by auto potion. If you can use both of these tactics then he will be cake. If you can't do any of this tell me what long distance attacking skill sets and rxn abilities you have to work w/ and I'll see what I can do to help you out :).

If this isn't the fight you're talking about give me a quick reminder and I'll again see if I have any helpful advice.

johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#7 johngebreadman
Member since 2007 • 9960 Posts
if it is the one with wiegraf be a squire. use tailwind over and over every turn, then move away. before long you will have 4 turns to his one. then use focus. you will be able to kill him in like 3 hits, then the tailwind and focus carries onto the next battle, where he transforms. I havent tried dracos one, but i used this for every battle in the game that i found hard.
IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#8 IpodHero176
Member since 2006 • 16952 Posts

I thought that part was fun to play in. Hard, not really, but fun. What's really hard is

[spoiler] when you must fight Wiegraf the third time with only Ramza. If not prepared, you will die in 2 turns. [/spoiler]

johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#9 johngebreadman
Member since 2007 • 9960 Posts
thats the one i actually wrote that strategy for, i thought that was the one she meant. my bad!
kryu88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#10 kryu88
Member since 2006 • 9301 Posts

The Wiegraf battle or the frustrating because Rafa is an idiot who charges Elmdor, battles? :P

I usually would just use Yell (Tailwind or whatever) and have Hamedo equipped so you constantly counter Wiegraf when he tries to physically attack you (there is a glitch in the game, if you stand behind Wiegraf with your back to him, he will try to physically attack you. Rather than just use Lightning Stab). Also, I'm usually a monk, so I'd just use Chakra to recover the damage he dealt. He'd eventually just kill himself, or I'd finish him with Earth Slash (if you have Float, that would negate his Earth Slash).

Against Velius....just use Ninjas and he goes down pretty fast. :lol:

michelle_moraes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 michelle_moraes
Hahahaha, you guys are so sweet. I didn't quite ask for tips on how to beat him (because I know that my problem is because I was just rushing through it all, as I mentioned!), but I appreciate your responses! You know, that potion "trick", when I was playing the PS1 version, it took me forever to figure out that I had to get right of the lower grade potions in order for them to use the higher ones such as X-Potion.... yeah, my brain is quite slow! XD