Does Anyone Think That FF Should Be Changed?

csimonma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 csimonma
Member since 2005 • 2820 Posts
Does anybody here think that SE should change the title of FF?if so why?

Not as in the whole name but like take away the numbers or something.For example instead of FFXIV it could be FF:Connection or something like that.

Remember guys the question includes only changing the numbers but isnt limited to it.
255Loner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 255Loner
Member since 2005 • 1781 Posts
All Final Fantasy means it's the next big, major Role-Playing Game from Square-Enix. It means they put a lot of effort into it. Otherwise, it's just a name and means nothing.
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 kinetic-core
Member since 2006 • 9423 Posts

All Final Fantasy means it's the next big, major Role-Playing Game from Square-Enix. It means they put a lot of effort into it. Otherwise, it's just a name and means nothing. 255Loner

Agree.

Besides, if SE is really gonna name the main FF titles to FF: xxxx, everything will sound like spin-offs. :lol:

No one anticipates FF titles with FF: xxxxx more than FF number something. As loner said, it's the next BIG thing. We see how the technology involved in graphics/animation has evolved from the previous number, and we know we're going to get another new story. It's like a name everyone will know is unique, different and great. I would really like it to remain as it is. :)

JhasNeeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 JhasNeeh
Member since 2005 • 67 Posts
Agreed. Never before has an almost identical name to the game before been such a strong indicationg that it's a new game.

I can see where you're coming from, but the numbers remind me from where things are coming from. If someone new to the series played, and liked, a numbered game - they would be more likely to find the back list and enjoy those as well.
shadowgamer14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 shadowgamer14
Member since 2005 • 1947 Posts

[QUOTE="255Loner"]All Final Fantasy means it's the next big, major Role-Playing Game from Square-Enix. It means they put a lot of effort into it. Otherwise, it's just a name and means nothing. kinetic-core

Agree.

Besides, if SE is really gonna name the main FF titles to FF: xxxx, everything will sound like spin-offs. :lol:

No one anticipates FF titles with FF: xxxxx more than FF number something. As loner said, it's the next BIG thing. We see how the technology involved in graphics/animation has evolved from the previous number, and we know we're going to get another new story. It's like a name everyone will know is unique, different and great. I would really like it to remain as it is. :)

Everybody woudl think it would be a remake of the same game LOL

OGEpisodes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 OGEpisodes
Member since 2003 • 2543 Posts
They'll stop the numbering eventually, in my eyes it will just get boring after a while. It's like with Sony's Playstation(albeit to a large extent) with first the Playstation then the Playstation 2 and then what? Oh, wow it's the Playstation 3. Square should realise this minor problem too eventually - after a while the numbering will just look silly, well to me it will anyway, I'm sure people won't mind if the games are up to scratch. On a side note, I do hope that they do dispose of the numbering before/if we reach the thirtieth entry. Final Fantasy: XXX - now that would certainly raise a few eyebrows :lol:.
sigma_omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 sigma_omega
Member since 2005 • 273 Posts
I think they're slowing down the numbering system with several games under the FFXIII name.
Rizhall456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Rizhall456
Member since 2005 • 4045 Posts

FF 14 is gonna have 9 different games with the same number :P

i personally hope they dont change it. after a while, it will start to have an epic look to it, and that would be awesome~

JhasNeeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JhasNeeh
Member since 2005 • 67 Posts
They'll stop the numbering eventually, in my eyes it will just get boring after a while. It's like with Sony's Playstation(albeit to a large extent) with first the Playstation then the Playstation 2 and then what? Oh, wow it's the Playstation 3. Square should realise this minor problem too eventually - after a while the numbering will just look silly, well to me it will anyway, I'm sure people won't mind if the games are up to scratch. On a side note, I do hope that they do dispose of the numbering before/if we reach the thirtieth entry. Final Fantasy: XXX - now that would certainly raise a few eyebrows :lol:.Somegamer

With the dress sense of the females it's not far off.

But the Playstation keeps with numbers for a reason - it's a new version of the old system. If they changed the name, it would probably come with it not being backwards compatable like the early Sega consoles: Master System, Master System 2, Mega Drive (Or Genesis) the last of which would not play the formers games if I remember correctly.