Schonertod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Schonertod
Member since 2006 • 307 Posts

I just wanted to see how others feel about this game. I think its awsome, Ya it does not live up to the hype but its a really well rounded game.

But tell me what you think.

xAGx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 xAGx
Member since 2004 • 338 Posts

I just wanted to see how others feel about this game. I think its awsome, Ya it does not live up to the hype but its a really well rounded game.

But tell me what you think.

Schonertod

im with ya, i though the game was great.
Schonertod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Schonertod
I feel that is has a lot of traits from Both DMC and The Newer Castlevanias on the ps2. What do you think
xAGx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 xAGx
Member since 2004 • 338 Posts
I feel that is has a lot of traits from Both DMC and The Newer Castlevanias on the ps2. What do you thinkSchonertod

well ive never played the newer castlevanias, but yeah it definately was similar to dmc with how you control your character with the midair attacking and shooting(except not quite as good as dmc). i feel bad for the japanese, not being able to double jump or shoot in midair because for me that was a big part of the game.
Vvidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Vvidd
Member since 2006 • 283 Posts
I totally agree. I thought this game was awesome. I think that people who disliked it were just expecting to much out of it and thought it would be a lot more like Final Fantasy VII. But it was more like it's own game.
Avatar image for Fenian_lostsoul
Fenian_lostsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Fenian_lostsoul
Member since 2005 • 5500 Posts
I feel that is has a lot of traits from Both DMC and The Newer Castlevanias on the ps2. What do you thinkSchonertod

True that, there are some interesting things in common between dante and vincent.
SladeMcGowan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SladeMcGowan
Member since 2004 • 76 Posts

I like it actually.  I think it's a departure from the norm.  It is vastly different from what I had expected.  It's nice to see a Final Fantasy character get a brand new treatment as an action star as opposed to a sideman to a guy with a disproportionately big sword.  Kudos to Vincent!

I will say that the controls are a bit dodgy, but as of now that's the only gripe I have.  I really like it.  I was surprised with just how the FFVII world has changed since I played the game years and years ago.

Cheers!

Jessica

Schonertod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Schonertod

The one think that upsets me is you cant jump off the wall. There is not a really good dodging system. Ya you can recover after being blasted but what about a tuck and roll move so you can get away from being blasted.

any body realize how easy azul was to beat but the chick right before him was a lot harder. I mean come on azul is a big guy and all i had to do was use my limit break and i smashed him in like 20 sec. lol (i havnt finished the game yet so if you fight azul a second time then i dont know but im talking about the first time you fight him in the WRO compound) 

AsianGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 AsianGamer
Member since 2005 • 1052 Posts
I dont hate it, but I dont like it either. when I heard shooter, I was like nah
DARKREBELWOLFE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DARKREBELWOLFE
Member since 2004 • 1415 Posts
the game is my favorite I just see one problem with it the damn invisable walls where you cannot jump over a little fence or Balcony or something you know? That is just my thought.
Schonertod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Schonertod

You know i have run into so many of those in other games that it just dont bother me any more lol. but ya i fill ya

RedRazor96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 RedRazor96
Member since 2005 • 257 Posts
i thought all around it was allright it didn't meat the hype though. peace.
Spurs_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#13 Spurs_Fan
Member since 2005 • 13023 Posts
Well i havn't played it. But the reviews say it is quite bad and it doesn't look all that good.
Schonertod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Schonertod
The game is really all in your liking or not. Its a shooter game made by square enix endorsed with the FFVII name on and every bodys mad because its not a True RPG. If your not sure about the game i would say at least rent it. But if you liked Castlevania or DMC then you will like this game.
densocorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 densocorp
Member since 2005 • 382 Posts
The movie was super relistics and the new style game play was quite interesting.
Spurs_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#16 Spurs_Fan
Member since 2005 • 13023 Posts

The game is really all in your liking or not. Its a shooter game made by square enix endorsed with the FFVII name on and every bodys mad because its not a True RPG. If your not sure about the game i would say at least rent it. But if you liked Castlevania or DMC then you will like this game.Schonertod

Yeah. I will most probably get it. I like shooter games, not as much as RPG's. I also like DMC :D

danny_13_13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 danny_13_13
Member since 2004 • 28 Posts
I think all the RPG fans are judging it as an RPG, and all the shooter fans are judging it as a shooter, when it is really more of an in-between than either of the two. I like it, it's a pretty fun game.
danteliveson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 danteliveson
Member since 2004 • 6162 Posts
I really like the game, its got some alright gameplay
AppleInStereo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AppleInStereo
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I thought the game was too generic,other games have done what this game tried to do better (i.e.DMC,3D Castelvania). I mostly liked the game because it was set in the FFVII universe and the amazing cutscenes.
Schonertod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Schonertod
Thats why most of us liked the game. I mean come how can you compair DoC with DMC. DMC has 3 game under its belt, ya 2 was kinda scetchy but was still a good game. They know what they are doing unlike Square soft this was their first attemp at a shooter game. I will keep saying it DoC as an awsome game.