you know what a lot of nba teams dont have

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

are good pg's. im not saying there arent any great ones, but i think there are 2 many scorers/slashers from the wing, but there is a shortage of good pg's out there.

Vstreep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Vstreep
Member since 2006 • 301 Posts
7 footers who can post up and score 25+ PPG does not happen anymore. Ahh the good old days.
gatorforlife07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 gatorforlife07
Member since 2007 • 1098 Posts
ya I agree with u with the exeptinon of a few teams
Vstreep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Vstreep
Member since 2006 • 301 Posts

Yeah alot of hybrids, lack of true Centers/Point guards definitely.

ScoopyMcScoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ScoopyMcScoop
Member since 2005 • 1191 Posts
We live in a very me first time. Chris Paul is the next Isiah (aka, best true pointguard EVER, don't care what you say, watch some games, proof is in the pudding). Chris Paul has a chance to be Isiah good, and when Isiah played the NBA was freakin BAWLIN good. Now Lebron James, the beast that he is, can carry teams into the finals himself... not to talk crap of Lebron's competition, but the Cavs did get the easy road through the playoffs last year because the NBA's playoff system is created from retards who don't realize reseeding is the most fair way of working it (like the NFL, which, duh, has PLENTY of success right now you might notice). NBA is on the rise again though with the Celts and great players like Roy, Paul, Williams, Durant, Howard and hopefully Oden to look forward to.
tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#6 tryfe_lyn
Member since 2005 • 4122 Posts

Yeah alot of hybrids, lack of true Centers/Point guards definitely.

Vstreep

agreed...but the game is changing...going euro with big guys shooting threes and little guys posting up...it's all backwards :?

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts
Toronto has two top 10 point guards. 8)
wornstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 wornstar
Member since 2006 • 486 Posts
Although his production is down JKidd has to be one of the best PG's of this era. My man, Baron Davis can be an excellent PG when he gets his team involved but at times has to carry the load.
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts
Although his production is down JKidd has to be one of the best PG's of this era. My man, Baron Davis can be an excellent PG when he gets his team involved but at times has to carry the load. wornstar

Kidd is my favourite overall player this era. Davis is a beast too, love both these guys.
-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts
There's a few really good ones, Deron Williams,Chris Paul, Steve Nash, Chauncey Billups, Jason Kidd, Baron Davis, Tony Parker. But yeah great PG's are hard to find. A good center is even harder to find nowadays.
Acemaster27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Acemaster27
Member since 2004 • 4482 Posts
I thought you were gonna say teamwork. Cuz they dont
Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

the NBA's playoff system is created from retards who don't realize reseeding is the most fair way of working it (like the NFL, which, duh, has PLENTY of success right now you might notice).ScoopyMcScoop

In the NFL, division winners always get a better seed than wildcard winners, even if they have a worse record. Doesn't the NBA do the same?

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
True Centers are the HARDEST to find. Howard and Oden are the only true up-and-coming true centers.
Solid_Link22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Solid_Link22
Member since 2006 • 5698 Posts

True Centers are the HARDEST to find. Howard and Oden are the only true up-and-coming true centers.dkhw

Andrew Bynum says hi. Oden has not proven himself in NBA level basketball.

Solid_Link22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 Solid_Link22
Member since 2006 • 5698 Posts

We live in a very me first time. Chris Paul is the next Isiah (aka, best true pointguard EVER, don't care what you say, watch some games, proof is in the pudding). Chris Paul has a chance to be Isiah good, and when Isiah played the NBA was freakin BAWLIN good. Now Lebron James, the beast that he is, can carry teams into the finals himself... not to talk crap of Lebron's competition, but the Cavs did get the easy road through the playoffs last year because the NBA's playoff system is created from retards who don't realize reseeding is the most fair way of working it (like the NFL, which, duh, has PLENTY of success right now you might notice). NBA is on the rise again though with the Celts and great players like Roy, Paul, Williams, Durant, Howard and hopefully Oden to look forward to.ScoopyMcScoop

And Bynum, don't forget Bynum.

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 manningbowl135
Member since 2006 • 7457 Posts

True Centers are the HARDEST to find. Howard and Oden are the only true up-and-coming true centers.dkhw

Yao Ming is already developed, but him and Howard are the only two dominant centers in the league.

There are many more dominant PGs than dominant centers. Two dominant Cs in the whole league and I can name 4 dominant PGs off the top of my mind. Paul, Nash, Kidd and Williams. Nash and Kidd are on a HOF level. Paul is a top 5 MVP candidate this year and Williams is a bit behind them.

Dreski83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#18 Dreski83
Member since 2003 • 1104 Posts
I like to think after this season of the NBA with new drafts pooring in from around the country, were gonna see a rise in talent in all the positions for the next 5 years. Guys that are in the system now and ones that will get there soon should make you happy, especially in the PG position ;)
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts

are good pg's. im not saying there arent any great ones, but i think there are 2 many scorers/slashers from the wing, but there is a shortage of good pg's out there.

jsmoke03
Completely agree. It's so rare to see a pure shooter anymore. I long for the NBA or old.
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts

[QUOTE="dkhw"]True Centers are the HARDEST to find. Howard and Oden are the only true up-and-coming true centers.manningbowl135

Yao Ming is already developed, but him and Howard are the only two dominant centers in the league.

This time next year we'll be adding Andrew Bynum to that short list. The kid is a beast, and it's amazing how much he's improved since last year. He's currently averaging a double-double.
dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
[QUOTE="jsmoke03"]

murlow12

Completely agree. It's so rare to see a pure shooter anymore. I long for the NBA or old.

Billups and Nash say hi.