Who will start at QB for the Browns next year?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 0

#1 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts

Will it be Seneca Wallace, Brady Quinn, or someone who isn't with the team yet?

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

I think they're saying Jake Delhomme is looking at the Browns, he'd at least warrant consideration. I don't know that Brady Quinn can be called a bust yet, I think he did decently considering their rushing attack and O-line, not to mention receivers, but at best he may be a decent starter. Wallace, I think he showed his best in Seattle and I don't know that it's good enough to start. They'll prolly all go into training campon a carousel, though, they all have enough ability that they might be able to start and Mad Mangini isn't known for being a quick decision maker (or a good one). I'd proably try to get another QB, though, maybe Philly would take a high second or third rounder for one of their backups, although god knows the Browns need those picks.

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#3 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts
I'm pulling for Seneca Wallace. He's a hardworking back-up, here's his chance to take on a starting job
hihatrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 hihatrider
Member since 2006 • 299 Posts

i'd like seneca to make it. the reality could be that in three years, it won't be either him or quinn.

i'm not sure cleveland has any better weapons than seneca had in seattle.

Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
Brady Quinn will get another chance next year, but if he has another bad season, he's out.
MURDA_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MURDA_B
Member since 2008 • 2879 Posts

brady quinn will get to start as qb then maybe after 4 or 5 bad games wallace will start

UserBane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 UserBane
Member since 2010 • 994 Posts

Hell I'll give it a shot.

MoonMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MoonMarvel
Member since 2008 • 8249 Posts
Brady Quinn will get another chance next year, but if he has another bad season, he's out.II-FBIsniper-II
Since the Browns are openly shopping Quinn around I highly doubt he will get another shot in Cleveland.
LoseEagles1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LoseEagles1245
Member since 2007 • 1115 Posts
[QUOTE="II-FBIsniper-II"]Brady Quinn will get another chance next year, but if he has another bad season, he's out.MoonMarvel
Since the Browns are openly shopping Quinn around I highly doubt he will get another shot in Cleveland.

Who's going to trade for Quinn? Most of the league already thinks he's a bust. So unless Cleveland decides they want a 6th or 7th round pick for Quinn, then he's not going anywhere. Quinn will get the chance to prove himself this year, and if he does bad then Seneca will be the stopgap until next years draft when they select a QB with the 3rd-7th pick in the draft.
MoonMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MoonMarvel
Member since 2008 • 8249 Posts
[QUOTE="MoonMarvel"][QUOTE="II-FBIsniper-II"]Brady Quinn will get another chance next year, but if he has another bad season, he's out.LoseEagles1245

Who's going to trade for Quinn? Most of the league already thinks he's a bust. So unless Cleveland decides they want a 6th or 7th round pick for Quinn, then he's not going anywhere. Quinn will get the chance to prove himself this year, and if he does bad then Seneca will be the stopgap until next years draft when they select a QB with the 3rd-7th pick in the draft.

Doesnt change the fact that the Browns dont want him. Somebody will take him.
Master_Shane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Master_Shane
Member since 2007 • 1845 Posts

It would be Jake Delhomme for the first half of the season, then Seneca Wallace for a couple of games, then Jimmy Clausen for the rest of the season.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

Hell I'll give it a shot.

UserBane

They'd probably give you a chance, too. :P

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

i'd like seneca to make it. the reality could be that in three years, it won't be either him or quinn.

i'm not sure cleveland has any better weapons than seneca had in seattle.

hihatrider

Nate Burleson, TJH, Justin Forsett, Julius Jones, Deon Branch, John Carlson. I know all of them didn't make a huge splash, but they were better than what Cleveland had, which was a receiving corps that lacked playmakers, aside from Josh Cribbs who was more effective as a runner/Wildcat option than he was as a receiver, and Jamal Lewis, who was in the twilight stage of his career.

Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 Lostboy1224
Member since 2007 • 3425 Posts
Oh, I'm sure they will go through at least 3 different starters when things start going down hill again.
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
[QUOTE="II-FBIsniper-II"]Brady Quinn will get another chance next year, but if he has another bad season, he's out.MoonMarvel

Yeah, I just read that they are looking to get rid of him. Guess I was wrong, he's out now. :P
kfjl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 kfjl
Member since 2004 • 2469 Posts
It'll be Delhomme or whatever stopgap they get. It's obvious Holmgren has decided that he wants his own QBs in there. I think the Browns would love to pick Sam Bradford but they may well have to trade up to No. 1 overall to get him, which might be a stretch.
M_1_A_M_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 M_1_A_M_I
Member since 2010 • 938 Posts
Seneca cuz of Holmgren
InterpolWilco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 InterpolWilco
Member since 2005 • 2487 Posts
Gotta feel for Quinn. Humiliated on Draft Day where he's eventually taken. Then he goes to the Browns and they did everything but develop him. He shows flashes of brilliance, but if the Browns need someone to win now, then they should trade him and give him a shot somewhere. As for who could be starting for them? I have no idea. Could be Wallace, or maybe they surprise some people and draft someone like Clausen, or later draft McCoy.
SuperSonny2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SuperSonny2
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Please don't bring us Delhomme, he's been terrible and he had one of the best recievers in the NFL, we don't have anyone close to as good as Steve Smith. Wallace on the otherhand should have converted to WR when he entered the league, he could have been another Josh Cribbs, now he's just a career backup. I can't say who to get, but I don't think there is an easy answer out there. Quinn hasn't been awful, but at the same time he hasn't shown that he's a primetime guy either. Keep developing Harrison as the feature back, and the cornerstone of the offense, that seemed to be working down the stretch.
DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

Bradford or Claussen

King_James6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 King_James6
Member since 2010 • 935 Posts
I think they will release Brady Quinn. So who ever is back up.. but it matters if they Eagles let go Micheal Vick. Maybe a good pick up for the Browns.
frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 frostybanana
Member since 2010 • 5523 Posts
Tough question. It's anyone game really. They've clearly lost hope in Brady Quinn. They're not going to start Seneca Wallace (good god no). So if they can't get anyone it's going to be Quinn at least for the immediate future. If I were them I'd draft a QB and trade for a project like Tyler Thigpen to run a gimmick offense until my QB of the future was ready. And if Thigpen performs well, hey, there ya go (I always thought he was a solid player).
SuperSonny2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SuperSonny2
Frosty I don't know that they would need to trade for someone to run a gimmick offense. If they want to go that route, well they have Seneca Wallace as a scrambling type quarterback and they could increase Joshua Cribbs' role with running more wildcat. Thigpen would be a more solid NFL type qb than Wallace, but I'm sure they could run some crazy stuff with Wallace and Cribbs on the field. Well, at least in theory.
frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 frostybanana
Member since 2010 • 5523 Posts
Frosty I don't know that they would need to trade for someone to run a gimmick offense. If they want to go that route, well they have Seneca Wallace as a scrambling type quarterback and they could increase Joshua Cribbs' role with running more wildcat. Thigpen would be a more solid NFL type qb than Wallace, but I'm sure they could run some crazy stuff with Wallace and Cribbs on the field. Well, at least in theory.SuperSonny2
Truth be told, it'll take awhile for them to even be contenders and they're in the black and blue division with no physical players so that's not good either. If they want to get some wins under their belts they're going to need a solid QB. Jerome Harrison is just too small to match up against tough physical defenses like the Bengals, Ravens and Steelers all have. If they get Thiggy, they can run a spread offense, which can help a finesse team win some games against physical ones. Wallace is too gimmicky. He can't throw all too well and he's under 6 feet tall. Cribbs being on the field is nice. They can run some wildcat stuff or have him throw a couple. They're plenty capable of that, but they're still going to need a solid arm that can win them some games next year. I think Cleveland has had enough seasons where they're a joke of a football team. Getting Jake Delhomme might not be bad either. But I think he's way past his prime.
SuperSonny2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SuperSonny2
I suffered in the stands of Cleveland Browns stadium for 8 years, until I couldn't take it any longer and gave up my season tickets. I'd take Thigpen over Delhomme for the reason you mentioned, he's past his prime. I definately agree that Wallace isn't the solution. Thigpen and a spread would be a better bet. I still think we have a descent O-Line albeit filled with young potential like Mack and Thomas(well Joe has proven himself). The recievers are still young with Massaquio and Robiskie, but I don't think either of them are a consistant threat. Robiskie could become a good slot type, and Massaquio has shown flashes of being a deep threat, but we'll see how they develop.
johnnyblazed88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 johnnyblazed88
Member since 2008 • 4240 Posts

lol @ these dumb mofo's signing delholmme for 2 years and their giving him 7 mill next year haha!

imo derek anderson should be getting more looks, he's gotmore upside then delholmme thats for sure

geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27 geaux321
Member since 2003 • 19424 Posts
And the answer is Jake Delhomme.