Which NBA team is looking the most dangerous heading towards the playoffs?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 Lostboy1224
Member since 2007 • 3425 Posts

Now that the trade deadline is behind us and the playoffs are right around the corner I ask you which teams as of right now look like the most dangerous teams to square off against in the NBA Playoffs? Taking into account the trades, injuries, and team chemistry's. For most of the year I truly felt the Lakers were going to be kings of the hill once more in June, but since Dallas made the trade the got them Caron Butler and Haywood I would be more afraid to play them in a 7 game series. They keep on winning and just added the needed fire power and muscle underneath the boards. Dirk is play very well and now the Mavs playing in the Finals doesn't seem so crazy.

Your pick or thoughts....

johnnyblazed88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 johnnyblazed88
Member since 2008 • 4240 Posts

i think the magic

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Cuban has redeemed himself after the Kidd trade. Butler is a more legit scorer to go along with Dirk and Terry than Howardwas , and they are much bigger and stronger overallthan they have been in past years. Butler , Marion , and Haywood should match up well with Kobe , Artest , and Bynum f they happen to have tomeet the Lakers.(than what they would of had)They'll do better againstDenver's physical play too.

I feel that Terry is going to make it or break it for them ultimately. If he doesn't play at a high level coming off the bench, they won't be champions. Besides him , their bench is mediocre.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

The Magic and maybe the hawks in the East. The Mavs in the West.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

This will probably sound like a homer pick, but if I'm a team in the east I really wouldn't want to play the Bulls. I think the Bulls, if healthy, can beat anyone in the east except for Cleveland in a 7-game series. The health thing is a big issue though since Noah's been hurt. I'm not completely crazy; I don't think there's a chance in hell that the Bulls will get to the conference finals or anything, but a first-round upset is really possible.

Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lostboy1224

This will probably sound like a homer pick, but if I'm a team in the east I really wouldn't want to play the Bulls. I think the Bulls, if healthy, can beat anyone in the east except for Cleveland in a 7-game series. The health thing is a big issue though since Noah's been hurt. I'm not completely crazy; I don't think there's a chance in hell that the Bulls will get to the conference finals or anything, but a first-round upset is really possible.

JML897
Thats not crazy at all. It all comes down to who wants to win and who is willing to fight the hardest. I could see some 1st round upsets in the East and maybe 1 in the West. I kind of miss the days of the 5 game 1st round series. You can be the leagues best team but if you take it easy for just 1 game you could really screw yourself.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#7 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Mavs, Bobcats (if they make it) and Bucks could surprise some teams I think.

I still think Lakers vs Cavs in the finals, but watch out for those teams above to as some upsets.

bionicle_lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bionicle_lover
Member since 2005 • 4501 Posts

the mavs are looking insane. When damp and Haywood and terry get healthy, they are a monster team. Two great defensive big men, a top 3 powerforward (probably the best currently, up there with duncan and gasol), shawn marion, jason kidd (still a great distributor and now a deadly 3point shooter as well), caron butler (athletic and tough), jason terry (a monster sixth man) and a variety of decent role players to back them up.

Ugalde-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ugalde-
Member since 2009 • 3732 Posts
I think the Cavs would of been until Shaq got injured. For now I would say the Nuggets. They are just so good and scary. I think the Cavs will be deadly after the first round because with Shaq back they will get there chemistry down on the 8th seed and be ready for the rest of the playoffs.
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#10 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

I gotta say the Mavs, Thunder, and Jazz are looking solid as are the Nuggets. In the East the Magic are playing well but I really like the Hawks. They are a good team.

Blitz_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Blitz_Nemesis
Member since 2005 • 8042 Posts
The Raptors of coures............ OK in all seriousness, the Magic.
hiphopballer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 hiphopballer
Member since 2009 • 4059 Posts

i think the magic

johnnyblazed88

yeah same here. with Howard in the middle.... ouch !

MURDA_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MURDA_B
Member since 2008 • 2879 Posts

for me it was the cavs but now its denver for now

Stuffed_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Stuffed_Monkey
Member since 2007 • 1436 Posts

The Magic and Dallas are looking especially dangerous.

feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

Thunder---watch out for them the next few years as well if they play their draft and free agency right.

DBIZMO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 DBIZMO
Member since 2009 • 581 Posts

I'm guessing the Mavs are going to be the most dangerous in the west. They've won 12 straight now, and don't forget Thunder. They've been pretty good also.

MoonMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MoonMarvel
Member since 2008 • 8249 Posts
Doesnt matter, dangerous going into the playoffs doesnt equal dangerous in it. Ask the Mavs when then Warriors took them out.
Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lostboy1224

the mavs are looking insane. When damp and Haywood and terry get healthy, they are a monster team. Two great defensive big men, a top 3 powerforward (probably the best currently, up there with duncan and gasol), shawn marion, jason kidd (still a great distributor and now a deadly 3point shooter as well), caron butler (athletic and tough), jason terry (a monster sixth man) and a variety of decent role players to back them up.

bionicle_lover
This Mavs team is reminding me of the early 2002-2003 Kings, a deep roster with a very good PF leading the way. I even think the Mavs have more talent at this point. J-Kidd and Dirk might get that ring just yet.
kfjl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kfjl
Member since 2004 • 2469 Posts
Dallas Mavericks are starting to look scary. I think we'll see Dallas vs. LA and CLE vs. Orlando in the conference finals, and that will be two outstanding series to watch.
Ugalde-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ugalde-
Member since 2009 • 3732 Posts
Dallas Mavericks are starting to look scary. I think we'll see Dallas vs. LA and CLE vs. Orlando in the conference finals, and that will be two outstanding series to watch.kfjl
It would. Shaq vs Howard would be awesome.
King_James6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 King_James6
Member since 2010 • 935 Posts
Other than of course Cavs/Magic and Lakers and Nuggest Either Mavs, Hawks, and maybe even the Thunder. People they say will be out in Round one if they make it. I think they could maybe got far in the playoffs